Now McCain rejects Rod Parsley’s endorsement

posted at 11:44 pm on May 22, 2008 by Allahpundit

Between this and Hagee, the Straight Talk Express is starting to look like its 2000 model. Repudiationmania!

But McCain wasn’t finished rejecting endorsements from ministers. He also repudiated Rev. Rod Parsley, and Ohio preacher who had made derogatory comments about Muslims, calling Islam “an anti-Christ religion that intends through violence to conquer the world.”

“I believe there is no place for that kind of dialogue in America, and I believe that even though he endorsed me, and I didn’t endorse him, the fact is that I repudiate such talk,” McCain said in an interview with the Associated Press. “I reject his endorsement.”

How much further can he go in playing chicken with Christian conservatives? “Outreach” ain’t going to carry him through so be on the lookout for media appearances by Huckabee, whom McCain doubtless would love to have as his point man in defending this. Part of the reason he did it today, I’m sure, was to get it out of the way and buried before the news cycle slows down for Memorial Day weekend. If Huck’s going to be rolled out, it’ll be tomorrow instead of next week so that he doesn’t end up resuscitating the issue. Exit question: Since Maverick’s on such a roll with rejecting people, how about rejecting this guy, too?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Sounds like McCain already has his Muslim advisor’s/handlers in place.

Get used to the “Islam is the great religion of Peace” drivel, it will be an answer to all things Islamic for the foreseeable future.

BL@KBIRD on May 23, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Again, more the same moronic drivel…more pigs, mopre mud, more the same uninformed voting.

AprilOrit on May 23, 2008 at 11:36 AM

But with his statement about Islam, is there anything in it that is not true?
Islam is anti-Christ – they deny His deity even though they recognize the Virgin Birth.
Islam has always spread throughout the world at sword or gun point.
So where is Parsley wrong?

he’s absolutely right. but Juan wants immigrants from all over!! more dark-skinned serfs to do his yard work.

right4life on May 23, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Other than the fact that if McCain were CINC and allowed such a statement from someone close to his campaign it would endanger the lives of every soldier in Iraq and Afghanistan.

anymore than they already are?

please.

right4life on May 23, 2008 at 11:39 AM

I reject anyone who might have endorsed McCain. He’s a socialist panderer who only cares about himself. With every move McCain makes, President Obama is becoming more and more likely – and less scary to me.

amen!! thats for sure!!

right4life on May 23, 2008 at 11:40 AM

I’m not going to get down in the mud over some poor bastard’s name that they had no control over.

You say this as though I am at fault for not having a problem with his name. I DON’T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ‘HUSSEIN’. And by me saying that, it is ‘getting down in the mud’? I’d say calling him a ‘bastard’ (equivalent to the ‘N’ word in some circles) is more offensive than calling him his given name of ‘HUSSEIN’.

YOU MAKE NO SENSE. It’s as though if I said ‘I won’t vote for a man with the name of Hussein.’ you would be OK with that.

Why are you accusing me of demagoguing someone because I don’t have a problem with either their race, their pastor, or their name?

Apparently you think I’m a bigot for not having a problem with these things and I should shut up that I don’t have a problem with it because it is ‘mud slinging’.

No wonder McCain accepts support from people like you with your logic. You have to be irrational to support McCain.

ThackerAgency on May 23, 2008 at 11:42 AM

bnelson44 on May 22, 2008 at 11:54 PM

Heh: If you say we’re violent, we’ll kill you!

paul006 on May 23, 2008 at 12:29 PM

SoCons are not necessary to win. Both Obama and McCain are campaigning to the same people, the misty middle. Well, Obama will be as soon as Her Majesty gets her payoff, whatever that ends up being.

This election is a Hobson’s choice for soCons, save for McCain’s nominal pro-life stance. Either way, though, I expect there to be quite a few media changes come November. First stop for either the StraighTalk or Hopenchange Express?

Fairness Act. Only this time, it will extend to web content.

spmat on May 23, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Since I never cared for Juan McVain in the first place, the good news for him is that he doesn’t lose my vote, since he never had it.

But Parsley was right. Islam is everything he said it is, and worse (and for the record, I am not a Christian). If McCain is going to disown him, then his claims of being anti-Jihad are fraudulent. To anybody who knows anything about Islam, Jihad is an integral part of Islam.

Those of you against the Jihad, don’t vote McCain. Vote for the Loyalist party and whoever its candidate is. [I'd link to them, but their URL has been suspended by the jihadis at Network Solutions]

infidelpride on May 23, 2008 at 2:04 PM

infidelpride

I’ll never see the logic behind wasting your vote like that. It’s essentially a vote for withdrawl.

Krydor on May 23, 2008 at 2:15 PM

AprilOrit on May 23, 2008 at 10:54 AM

The people who seek to find the truth and the real issues with a candidate are having their civil rights violated by the imbecile population.

AprilOrit on May 23, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Thank you. You are exactly the type of Republican we need to win back Congress and save the country from sharia socialism creep.

***

ThackerAgency on May 23, 2008 at 11:42 AM

I got your back Thack.

The Race Card on May 23, 2008 at 2:27 PM

ThackerAgency on May 23, 2008 at 11:42 AM

I thought you were taking issue with the name like some have done, and I do not believe you are a bigot, I have no reason to believe that if the name thing isn’t an issue with you.

I am not big on my middle name – Orit – but my parents insisted on bestowing me with a Hebrew middle name meaning Shining Star, which I hated. I would have so preferred them to have given me no middle name at all, as some jews do. Or something simple like Ann or Jane or Jean or anything short, sweet and American. My mother always says April Jean or April Jane wouldn’t sound Jewish, whatever that is supposed to mean.

Nothing like having the middle name of a Earth, Wind and Fire song, so I get the name thing. It’s personal to me, I understand his plight.

Sorry if I went after you, but many have judged this poor, yes, poor (bastard didn’t mean in the true definition at all), guy for a mere mistake his father made and his mother went along with.

As for Race card, grow up, no need to protect Thacker from a 5’7″ female who weights 102 lbs soaking wet in remission from Large B Cell Non Hodgkins Lymphoma.

I can assure you I won’t hurt him.

AprilOrit on May 23, 2008 at 3:52 PM

This is the dumbest feakin thing I’ve ever hear. Did anybody even bother to listen to what was actually said? He was reading from a prophecy from the bible, which oh by the way, really does sound like what Hitler did to the Jews. If you even bother to understand Hagee, you would know that his church spends a lot of their time covering the Old testament, which has a lot of things that we call prophecies in it. Pastor Hagee believes them, and teaches them, which is his god given right. I don’t see what is offensive about this. This is the typical hate towards Christians that comes from the liberal left and Atheists around the country running their soup coolers instead of trying to understand what was really said. There are a lot of christains on this site, who need to get away from their feel good have a latte during worship churches, and actually make an attempt to read their bibles. Very sad. I can’t say weather that prophecy he was reading, really meant that, but it’s a possibility, can anyone say for sure that it’s not? Hagee has spent the majority of his adulthood fighting anti-semetism, and this whole thing is a slap in the face. McCain just lost my “possible” vote.

gator70 on May 23, 2008 at 3:57 PM

While Parsley has done some good things for the poor in the world, he is a false teacher that preaches a health-wealth-prosperity message. I certainly reject his doctrine and theology.
But with his statement about Islam, is there anything in it that is not true?
Islam has always spread throughout the world at sword or gun point.
So where is Parsley wrong?

abcurtis on May 23, 2008 at 11:06 AM

It does not matter if Islam is a political system which has a religious component ripped off from the Jewish and Christian superstitions. The point is political candidates should keep their religious beliefs to themselves and actively discourage religious endorsements. If some day the people decide to modify or replace the constitution with the proclamation of a religious state of some particular persuasion then endorsements from the elders of the cult might be appropriate but until then one should notice that such endorsements rarely help the candidate, sometimes have to be renounced and often insult those who do not accept the rantings of the endorsing cult leader. Too much time is wasted on these non issues.

Annar on May 23, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Krydor on May 23, 2008 at 2:15 PM

I do support withdrawal, even though I supported ousting Saddam, searching for WMDs and ending the terrorism support (Abu Nidal, Abu Abbas, et al) However, I’m opposed to the current project to create a Switzerland in Iraq. There is no reason for US troops to stay – not even to prevent a civil war. If the Iraqis can’t prevent a civil war, that’s their problem. And don’t worry about al Qaeda or the Mahdi army taking over – you’ll have the Iranians and Hizbullah pour in support for the Shia, while the Saudis, Egyptians, al Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood et al would pour in support for the Sunnis.

It would be like an Alien vs Predator movie. Nothing better for us infidels than Muslims slaughtering each other. That way, we don’t have to do it for them, and risk getting court martialed in the process for a variety of reasons – from underwear on the head to shooting a Quran.

That’s one reason I support Obama, even though I oppose everything else he stands on – including Iran and the Palis.

infidelpride on May 23, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Gator,

I’m gonna be working in the garage tomorrow. What kind of tool are you?

The Race Card on May 23, 2008 at 10:36 PM