Video: Kerry lies about Obama’s willingness to meet personally with Iran

posted at 1:04 pm on May 15, 2008 by Allahpundit

From Goldfarb to me to you, courtesy of RedLasso. Who better than Waffles to spin this flip-flop by Obama, one so egregious that the evidence exposing it can be found on the candidate’s own website? Hey, John? “Direct presidential diplomacy” means direct presidential diplomacy.

Give him credit, though, for noting that Bush’s hands aren’t as clean as they might be in this regard. Exit question: Do my ears deceive me or am I actually hearing John Kerry, of all people, objecting to someone else “playing politics” abroad?

Comments

Once a sack of SH*T, always a sack of SH*T.

BobK on May 15, 2008 at 1:09 PM

John, you should consult your friends the Viet Cong about this.

Halley on May 15, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Our very junior senator lies? Shocked! Shocked, I am!

In other news, water is wet. Story at 11:00.

RedMindBlueState on May 15, 2008 at 1:11 PM

He served in Vietnam, you know.

loganthompson on May 15, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Lurch is just trying to explain how the ObaMessiah was for Presidential to Presidential meetings before he was against them.

brtex on May 15, 2008 at 1:12 PM

“the President is Swiftboating Obama”

AZCON on May 15, 2008 at 1:13 PM

How much is all this Obamanews worth to the Dems? With the press reporting every breath Obama takes John McCain better figure out, real quick like, how to knock the wind out of him.

Limerick on May 15, 2008 at 1:14 PM

They need to put Waffles on as much as possible. Fox should seek him out for interviews weekly, if not daily. This guy can singlehandedly turn the tide against the Dems. He almost ruined the Dems’ momentum in the ’06 election, before the Dems put a clamp on him and locked him in a closet.

Rick on May 15, 2008 at 1:17 PM

He served in Vietnam, you know.

loganthompson on May 15, 2008 at 1:11 PM

You don’t say.

In light of this new information, we should surrender in Iraq.

By the way, did you know that Dick Cheney’s daughter is a lesbian?

fossten on May 15, 2008 at 1:22 PM

Once a sack of SH*T, always a sack of SH*T.

BobK said it all.

bopbottle on May 15, 2008 at 1:25 PM

He served in Vietnam, you know.

loganthompson on May 15, 2008 at 1:11 PM

You don’t say.
In light of this new information, we should surrender in Iraq.
By the way, did you know that Dick Cheney’s daughter is a lesbian?

fossten on May 15, 2008 at 1:22 PM

I say this exact thing every time there’s a John F-ing Kerry story, and somebody always misses my tongue-in-cheekness…

loganthompson on May 15, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Does he put Grey Poupon on his Waffles?

benrand on May 15, 2008 at 1:29 PM

Since when do we attack red herrings?

On the other hand, someone needs to explain to Kerry what “without conditions” means.

drjohn on May 15, 2008 at 1:33 PM

I love it:

BUSH: Some people want to talk to terrorists….
OBAMA: Hey, quit talking about me!

What a moron.

DaveS on May 15, 2008 at 1:40 PM

How dare you use “Kerry” and “Lies” in the same headline!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on May 15, 2008 at 1:42 PM

It’s seared–seared in his mind.

HotJavaJack on May 15, 2008 at 1:43 PM

Kerry lying? Nothing new there. He and Obama make a good pair.

katieanne on May 15, 2008 at 1:50 PM

John Kerry in Davos, Swtizerland ca. 2007

“When we walk away from global warming, Kyoto, when we are irresponsibly slow in moving toward AIDS in Africa, when we don’t advance and live up to our own rhetoric and standards, we set a terrible message of duplicity and hypocrisy,” Kerry said.

“So we have a crisis of confidence in the Middle East — in the world, really. I’ve never seen our country as isolated, as much as a sort of international pariah for a number of reasons as it is today.”…

Pots and kettles.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on May 15, 2008 at 1:52 PM

loganthompson on May 15, 2008 at 1:26 PM

You did fine – I was actually letting you know that I got your joke…

fossten on May 15, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Botox Rex The Ketchup King. This month’s Official Poster Child For Term Limitation In The Senate.

Joe Biden is next month’s.

pilamaye on May 15, 2008 at 1:57 PM

John Fn Kerry, the expert on how to deal with our enemies.

Didn’t you and ambiguosly gay sidekick lose to Bush in the last election?

Thought so.

The Obama Posse, a neverending parade of has-been losers.

fogw on May 15, 2008 at 2:00 PM

I know it’s Massachusetts, but how does this putz keep getting re-elected? Jeez.

Travis Bickle on May 15, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Michelle passed the baton of buffoonery to Wright, who now passes it on to Kerry. None of them seem to have noticed that it is a lit stick of dynamite… who’s up next – Wiley Coyote?

Meep, meep!

drunyan8315 on May 15, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Man Bush has really baited them this time, the Senator of the past he quoted was a REPUBLICAN.

William Edgar Borah of Idaho, an Isolationist

jp on May 15, 2008 at 2:13 PM

This is so ridiculously dishonest. McCain can hammer him on this.

therightwinger on May 15, 2008 at 2:14 PM

The Obama Posse, a neverending parade of has-been losers…

fogw on May 15, 2008 at 2:00 PM

fogw, you are so inspiring. I’ll add on

…and trying hard at being relevant, after wife forgot to close the doggie door, again.

Entelechy on May 15, 2008 at 2:16 PM

I suppose Kerry would negotiate with “Jenjis” Khan, no?

What’s really terrifying about all of this is the number of Americans who buy into the Dems’ crap. One would like to think the average citizen is smart enough to see the threat to the nation Osama Obama represents. But noooo….

MrScribbler on May 15, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Is he from MASSATOOSITS?

benrand on May 15, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Oh, thanks Allahpundit! This post reminds me that I’m down to one bottle of W ketchup in the pantry. Need to order another case.

Brat on May 15, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Just a reminder to those such as myself who have grown to really dislike the Bush administration, that the alternative in 2004 would have been far worse.

Hilts on May 15, 2008 at 2:24 PM

for a second i thought i was on the onion news site.

swami on May 15, 2008 at 2:24 PM

Nothing beats the memory of the orange glow of Jacque’s Man Tan when he was rested and ready to take on the world.

There must be a symbiosis between Waffles and the candidate who wants to be left alone to eat them.

Is parsing words to create a new reality part of the initiation to be a Dem spokesman?

How does Jacques interpret the standing O that President Bush received from the Knesset?

onlineanalyst on May 15, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Dude, what happened to him? He looks like he got his face replaced by an unbaked dough version of himself.

James on May 15, 2008 at 2:30 PM

John Kerry’s not so secret any longer MySpace entry:

Hi there fellow bloggers. My name is United States Senator John Forbes Kerry from the great state of Massachusetts. You can call me JFK if you want. I was born on December 11, 1943, although people tell me that I look at least 20 years younger. It’s probably my great hair and rugged good looks.

I graduated from Yale in June 1966 in the top 1% of my class. To earn extra money during the summers, I loaded trucks in a grocery warehouse and sold encyclopedias door to door. That is probably one of the reasons that I am so humble. Over my four years at Yale, I maintained a 96 grade average and received a 101 average in my senior year.

I am one of the most senior members of that grand and much loved and respected institution known as the U.S. Senate. Probably the only living Senator even a little bit greater than me is my dear friend Ted Moore Kennedy. I also have a very high IQ. Very high. At least 250 on a bad day. Much higher than that creep who stole the election from me. I know that he stole it because exit polls are never ever wrong.

I am also a great war hero. I set all kinds of records for heroism when I was in Vietnam. I was grievously wounded at least three times yet continued to insist on staying in the fight when lesser men would have given up. I won the bronze star with extra V’s for extra valor and the Silver Star for defeating a whole battalion of NVA with my bare hands.
Sometimes I feel like a had to carry all the water for those other ungrateful swiftboaters.

I sometimes like to chill out after a long day of serving the American people by having a double martini with my good friend Ted. We usually have a servant bring 21 double martinis. I get one and Ted gets one for each of his fingers and each of his toes. Contrary to what some of my very few enemies say I never marry women for just their money. They must also have a pulse. BTW, did I mention that I was in Vietnam? I was also in Cambodia, so don’t forget that!

I would like to think that I am open minded, honest, polite, heroic and trustworthy. And I appreciate the same qualities in others although I am realistic enough to know that no one else could come close to me.

Turn offs: People who play politics abroad. That is just so wrong. Other politicians who spend more on haircuts than I do. That is just not right at all.

Who I’d like to meet:
…other progressive bloggers. Other great war heroes who hate that damn S-T-U-P-I-D Texan in the White House and those lying sons of bitcher swiftboat bastardos whose pants are on fire! Cool people who live close to Washington D.C. so that we can get together, talk about you for about 30 seconds and then spend about 9 hours talking about me. BTW, did I mention that I was in Vietnam and Cambodia? Just one more BTW, if anyone has found my magic hat please return to me.

MB4 on May 15, 2008 at 2:40 PM

I don’t see how this helps Michelle Obama’s children.

DaveS on May 15, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Heh.

amerpundit on May 15, 2008 at 2:41 PM

I suppose Kerry would negotiate with “Jenjis” Khan, no?

LOL @ “Jenjis”!

Sure he would. But Jenjis would have to pony up for Botox treatments and Windsurfing lessons first!

Teddy on May 15, 2008 at 2:42 PM

He served in Vietnam, you know.

loganthompson on May 15, 2008 at 1:11 PM

What? Really? Never heard that…

right2bright on May 15, 2008 at 2:42 PM

John Kerry in Davos, Swtizerland ca. 2007

Hate to say it but John Kerry at Davos sounds just like John McCain in Columbus today. America is the “problem” because we didn’t support the Kyoto protocol, we don’t listen to terrorist nations, we don’t respect open borders…. etc.

Pretty damned sad that the GOP nominee comes off sounding like John Kerry.

highhopes on May 15, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Senator Heinz is playing ketchup.

saved on May 15, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Kerry is the biggest reason there is to make sure Obama doesn’t get into the White House.

Connie on May 15, 2008 at 2:54 PM

Before I respond to your question directly I want to talk about the feelings of the men who were reliving their experiences in Vietnam. They relived the absolute horror of what this country, in a sense, made them do.

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, tape wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of George Bush, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the country side of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.

I’m sorry, what was the question again?

~The windsurfing John Kerry

moxie_neanderthal on May 15, 2008 at 3:19 PM

John Fitzgerald Kerry, future tough talking, ass kicking, war hero-Secretary of State in the OBL Obama administration.

moxie_neanderthal on May 15, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Travis Bickle on May 15, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Isn’t someone challenging him in Taxachusetts? How is that working out?

onlineanalyst on May 15, 2008 at 3:30 PM

I don’t see how this helps Michelle Obama’s children. — amerpundit

By showing them that someone other than dad is a turd too?

BTW, I really don’t know, do BO and MO have any kids?

kirkill on May 15, 2008 at 3:33 PM

BTW, I really don’t know, do BO and MO have any kids?

kirkill on May 15, 2008 at 3:33 PM

2 daughters. Thankfully, for them, not punishments.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on May 15, 2008 at 3:35 PM

John Kerry’s greatest hits: First, his trip to Pat’s Steakhouse in Philly where he asks the waiter to put provolone in his Philly cheese steak. Can you get any more out of touch than that? Second, the time in October, 2004 he pretended to be a hunter and emerged from the wilderness in his Banana Republic gear and said: “We all bagged a duck”. Sorry, John, but there was one problem: There were four “hunters” and only three dead ducks (well not exactly. About a week later, there was a fourth dead duck!)

Larraby on May 15, 2008 at 3:42 PM

John Kerry walks into a bar. Bartender says, “Why the long face?”

Akzed on May 15, 2008 at 3:45 PM

So just so we’re clear, Bush never said “Obama”, but Obama’s guilty conscience led him to respond, because he knows the position Bush was criticizing was his. As Mitt so hilariously put on Fox News earlier (paraphrasing slightly, I can’t remember his exact words) – “when you throw a rock over a fence at some dogs, the one that barks is the one you hit”.

So now, we’ve not only had everyone on the left flipping out, including Biden calling it “bullsh**”, but leave it to Kerry to be so stupid as to attack Bush for attacking Obama, even though Bush simply attacked a positio, which means Kerry (and everyone else) knows that this IS Obama’s position. And then, leave it to Kerry to seconds later deny that this really is Obama’s position… which is odd, because if it’s not, then why is every Obamanut out complaining? Bush never said Obama, so if this isn’t Obama’s position, why so defensive? As we know, this IS his position, from his own words and website, etc. It’s a little odd that his supporters seem to have gone out lying about this at least 3 or 4 times in as many days (I’m sure it the reason isn’t at all related to the reason he’s begun wearing his lapel pin either, right? *wink*)

So, in a shorter version – Bush attacked a position. Knowing it was Obama’s position, Obama and Friends come out to blast Bush, even though Bush never named Obama. These supporters also deny that Obama’s position is his position, even though it is an indisputable fact, and the very fact that they’re defending Barry in the first place proves that it is his position, or they wouldn’t need to defend him over some generic comments Bush made. Whew!

Democrats make me dizzy.

RightWinged on May 15, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Good grief! Bush didn’t have to mention his name. Obama knew instinctively Bush was referring to him.
If the shoe fits Obamacans! Or is it Obamiacs? Whatever! HA! HA!

RMR on May 15, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Larraby on May 15, 2008 at 3:42 PM

It wasn’t provolone (which is acceptable on a cheese steak), it was swiss cheese.

Hilts on May 15, 2008 at 4:11 PM

He served in Vietnam, you know.

loganthompson on May 15, 2008 at 1:11 PM
Would you happen to know if it was on the breakfast, lunch or dinner shift?

News2Use on May 15, 2008 at 4:46 PM

I love it:

BUSH: Some people want to talk to terrorists….
OBAMA: Hey, quit talking about me!

What a moron.

DaveS on May 15, 2008 at 1:40 PM

- DaveS, you forgot Bush’s response:

“I didn’t mean you people, I meant you people

NeoConSnakePlissken on May 15, 2008 at 4:52 PM

“John Kerry walks into a bar. Bartender says, “Why the long face?””

I like mine better….

John Kerry walks into a bar and the bartender says,” Get the f#*k out of here you liberal anti-American elite snob!!!”

bobeast on May 15, 2008 at 5:04 PM

the marxist roaches in our midst scurry when you shine a light on them…guilty conscience at work.

politically the hubris of these democrats is astounding;

lets talk about the treason of the democrats while our people are in combat and being killed:

pelosi and her meetings with syria and iran in syria

hoyer and his meetings with the muslim brotherhood, hamas, and hezbollah in egypt

carter and his meetings with syria, hezbollah, and hamas

obama minions giving guarantees to chavez and the farc in ecuador

this democrat party are all treasonous pigs!!!!!!

these are not americans they are democrats!!!!!!

elduende on May 15, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Jean-Francois “le Traiteur” Kerre` speaks… and again, no one listens or cares. Hey, Jean, time to change Teddy’s soiled ‘Depends’…

GeneSmith on May 15, 2008 at 5:44 PM

I fail to see where Kerry and lie in the same headline is noteworthy. Now if it was a story about Kerry actually telling the truth about anything it would be headline news.

Fritz J. on May 15, 2008 at 5:51 PM

Starlink on May 15, 2008 at 1:17 PM

Sorry I don’t think so. They will blame us in stead !

SIJ6141 on May 15, 2008 at 6:13 PM

The reason this liar put himself in for three Purple Hearts in 90 days without shedding a drop of blood was because that was the pre-requisite for getting his lilly white ass out of Nam.

volsense on May 16, 2008 at 9:31 AM