Dhimmi watch: Muslim chases service animal out of school

posted at 12:32 pm on May 12, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

A student teacher who uses a service dog for his epilepsy has had to leave his position early after a Muslim student harassed the animal, and worse. Tyler Hurd needs the dog for his protection and for emergency supplies for first-aid responders, but apparently Technical High School in St Cloud believes that Hurd’s needs are secondary to providing a dog-free zone for its Muslim students. Hurd says he feels threatened by the action, as well he should — because the student threatened to kill the dog:

A St. Cloud State University student in a teacher-training program at Technical High School left the school in late April because he says he feared for the safety of his service dog.

The school district calls it a misunderstanding, and officials there say they hoped Tyler Hurd, a 23-year-old junior from Mahtomedi who aspires to teach special education, would continue his training in the district.

Hurd said a student threatened to kill his service dog named Emmitt. The black lab is trained to protect Hurd when he has seizures. …

Hurd trained at Talahi Community School and Tech. He said his experience at Talahi was good. The Somali students there warmed to the dog and eventually petted him using paper to keep their hands off his fur, Hurd said.

Things didn’t go as well at Tech, Hurd said. Students there taunted his dog, and he finally felt he had to leave after he was told a student made a threat. Hurd met with Lockhart but said he did not feel comfortable continuing.

King Banaian notes the ridiculous nature of the school’s response:

So let’s take a look at this as a case of competing rights. On one side we have a student with a medical disability. One would think that the Americans with Disabilities Act would allow this student to participate to the fullest extent possible in pursuing his goals, which is to teach in special education. To do so, he is supposed to train in both elementary and secondary school settings. (The article notes that Hurd had no such problems with Somali students at his elementary school assignment.)

On the other side, we have a student at Tech HS whose faith considers dogs unclean and is asserting his right to education in an institution without dogs. This not only affects student teachers; any student with a sight or hearing disability may use a dog for assistance and might want to also attend Tech HS. …

But when rights collide, as they did here, whose rights did they choose to uphold first?

That’s easy. They upheld the rights of the side that threatened capitulation or violence. Instead of expelling the student for his threat and making an example of him, they chose to coddle the student and chase the teacher out of his job. Afterwards, they issued the normal multi-culti mewlings of “misunderstanding”, “growth process”, and emphasizing respect for different cultures.

I’ve got a suggestion: how about teaching that respect to the people who issue threats, instead of their victims? Which person needed an object lesson in respect more, the Somali student or Tyler Hurd?

The First Mate used to use guide dogs here and in California. On more than one occasion, she initially got refused cab service when using Cory. Only after she explained that the law required them to give her access did the cabbies relent.

We have laws in this country, decided on by democratically-elected representatives. If Muslims don’t like these access laws, then let them elect representatives that will reverse them, or failing that, go back to Somalia where violence trumps the law and they would be more comfortable. Shame, shame on Technical High School for buckling under to thugs and abandoning their responsibilities in such a cowardly manner.

Update: When I first read the article and King’s post, I had the impression that the school got complaints from the Muslim students, but the story doesn’t explicitly say that.  I’ve reworded the first sentence, although it’s still entirely possible that they complained to the administration.  If they didn’t, it makes the administration’s move even worse.

Comments

My prediction is that libs will get this when their right to kill their unborn is challenged by these people. It’s all part of the sharia.

bloggless on May 12, 2008 at 12:38 PM

I would love to say they will reconsider once Minnsotans rise and demand they do so. Unfortunately, Minnesota doesn’t have a great track record in standing up to muslims.

SouthernGent on May 12, 2008 at 12:41 PM

And the school sides with the bullies. No surprise there.

Is there nothing wrong that academics will not aspire to?

(yes, that sentence is correct)

Merovign on May 12, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Nice green grass and trees. The school grounds look like a nice place to walk a dog so he can take a crap.

Blake on May 12, 2008 at 12:43 PM

I wonder which side Obama’s activist judges would take in this dispute.

Rick on May 12, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Where is PETA on this? Afraid to stand up to these people?

bloggless on May 12, 2008 at 12:44 PM

We are paying the price of allowing our education system to be overrun by wamby-pamby-always-look-away socialists. Who is more likely to cause turmoil? That is the person who will have their ‘rights’ trampled. If you are a law-abider they know you will not create trouble, so X marks the spot and you are shut-up ‘for the common good’.

I’m headed to Cabella’s to do some window shopping.

Limerick on May 12, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Where is PETA on this? Afraid to stand up to these people?

They probably think service dogs = slave labor.

Blake on May 12, 2008 at 12:47 PM

“… the student threatened to kill the dog.”

OH MY GAWD THIS MAKES MY HEAD EXPLODE! He threatened to kill the dog, he should be thrown outta school!

Two words for this dog … Sic him!

When will we say ‘Enough is enough’?

Tony737 on May 12, 2008 at 12:48 PM

This is another harbinger of the future.

We are going to be “umbraged” into Islam, er, I mean submission.

drjohn on May 12, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Where is PETA on this? Afraid to stand up to these people?

bloggless on May 12, 2008 at 12:44 PM

PETA will likely say no harm (to the animal), no foul. Thus, they can focus their energy on all the American carnivores.

Rick on May 12, 2008 at 12:48 PM

This situation warrants a public, democratic, non-violent, but massive and unmistakable response. Here’s a bunch of phone numbers and emails for the brave administrators at St “Clod” State U.

As i read this item, I said to myself, this must be Canada or the UK. It couldn’t be the USA. Oh yes it could.

Flying freedom monkeys, deploy!!

Mike D. on May 12, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Blake on May 12, 2008 at 12:47 PM

They probably think service dogs = slave labor.

Yeah, but the guy was threatening to murder the dog! And guide dogs are like part of the family.

bloggless on May 12, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Whats really funny?

Moh didn’t kill all dogs… he said it was OK to keep working dogs… those used for protection and for helping with flocks…

And this dog? was for protection… sad when I seem to know their dang religion better than they do.

Romeo13 on May 12, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Why is it that Minnesota has so many problems with Muslim immigrants from Somalia? I thought that the leftist multi-culturalists could solve all cultural disputes because Muslims would see their empathy and compassion and become transformed?

What could possibly be going wrong?

Jaibones on May 12, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Jaibones on May 12, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Nail. Head. 10 lb sledgehammer.

Limerick on May 12, 2008 at 12:51 PM

I hate to say it, but this calls for a lawsuit.

forest on May 12, 2008 at 12:52 PM

The company I work for (SWA) is the opposite of this. If we had a service animal onboard and somebody complained, we’d tell the complainer, not the dog, to take the next flight.

Screw this guy, he doesn’t like the way we do things here? Send him back to Somalia so he can live BELOW the standards of North American dogs!

Tony737 on May 12, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Jaibones on May 12, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Because Minnesota has so many Muslim immigrants from Somalia.

James on May 12, 2008 at 12:52 PM

“It’s a misunderstanding.”

No it isn’t. I understand it perfectly well and so do these Muslim-favoritist school officials.

Gilda on May 12, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Epileptics don’t normally blow themselves up or slam planes into buildings. It’s a really decision to make, in the eyes of beauocracy.

lorien1973 on May 12, 2008 at 12:54 PM

I’m confused…so the Muslim animal is still allowed on campus?

Why has he not been beaten severely by his classmates yet?

MadisonConservative on May 12, 2008 at 12:54 PM

A student teacher who uses a service dog for his epilepsy has had to leave his position early after a Muslim student filed a complaint with a school. Tyler Hurd needs the dog for his protection and for emergency supplies for first-aid responders, but apparently Technical High School in St Cloud believes that Hurd’s needs are secondary to providing a dog-free zone for its Muslim students.

Am I missing something, or are you reading an additional news story other than the one you linked? There’s nothing in the story about the Muslim student filing a complaint. The school also didn’t ask Hurd or the dog to leave. Hurd chose to do so because he didn’t feel his dog was safe, apparently. The school’s position:

“We certainly welcome (Hurd) in our district, and we hope we can get this all resolved so he feels welcome and his dog is welcome,” Espe said.

Hubris on May 12, 2008 at 12:56 PM

This is another harbinger of the future.

We are going to be “umbraged” into Islam, er, I mean submission.

drjohn on May 12, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Arm yourselves while you still can.

Jaibones on May 12, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Where is PETA on this? Afraid to stand up to these people?

PETA probably opposes the use of guide dogs to begin with as inhumane. Seems like a position they might take…

acleaver on May 12, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Does he have a basis for a lawsuit? In cases of sexual harassment where the schools do less than their responsibility to deal with the situation, they tend to lose lots of money in court.

TexasDan on May 12, 2008 at 12:59 PM

“I think it was a misunderstanding where we didn’t really prepare either side for possible implications,” Espe said.

Either side? Are you kidding me?

I’m glad my tax money goes to funding the education of these jackasses. Funny how they didn’t seem to concerned about dragging a human body through the streets in 1993, while cheering. But touch a dog, oh no!

Stuff this this is infuriating.

Also, since when do public schools make concessions to anyone based on faith?

reaganaut on May 12, 2008 at 1:00 PM

Hubris on May 12, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Upon his complaint of the threat to his dog the school took no action against the student. Had it been Sally Smith threatening to kill Miss Marples cat she would have been run out of school in the back seat of a patrol car.

Limerick on May 12, 2008 at 1:00 PM

How about we pressure Catholic Charities to stop importing the Somalis via our lax refugee programs that actually pay Volags for each refugee they resettle here? They are a big problem only getting bigger.

DerKrieger on May 12, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Stuff this this is infuriating.

Not sure what that means, either.

reaganaut on May 12, 2008 at 1:02 PM

Am I missing something, or are you reading an additional news story other than the one you linked? There’s nothing in the story about the Muslim student filing a complaint. The school also didn’t ask Hurd or the dog to leave. Hurd chose to do so because he didn’t feel his dog was safe, apparently. ***

Hubris on May 12, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Yeah, I’m a little curious here too. I’d like to know: (1) how much “taunting” did this student teacher receive from his (special-ed) students? (2) How good of a student teacher was he? (i.e. was he a good student teacher who was chased out of this placement by mongrel hordes, or was he a borderline student looking to save face by crying discrimination?) And, (3) Did he complain to the school before tendering his resignation?

Outlander on May 12, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Some of my fondest memories are seeing how the dog-abusing public in Iraq reacted to the sight of the huge, stoic, well-trained German Shepards that patrolled with us: abject fear. If I spent my life beating on dogs that were small and malnourished, I suppose that sight would be a nightmare come to life for me as well.

Where does PETA stand on this?
bloggless on May 12, 2008 at 12:44 PM

They offered to euthanize the dog at one of their all-kill shelters.

joewm315 on May 12, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Dog=man’s best friend.
Muslim wasn’t.

Is the teachers’ union going to court in defense?!

maverick muse on May 12, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Hubris on May 12, 2008 at 12:56 PM

whoa whoa whoa…the article is about the mysterious Muslims and how they’re dissing our favorite family member, our DOGS! Stop thinking clearly and REACT!

tlynch001 on May 12, 2008 at 1:05 PM

I have named my new puppy mohammed…..

moseby on May 12, 2008 at 1:08 PM

As much as Islamic terrorists hate dogs, I notice that they don’t normally go out of their way to kill them–not like they go out of their way to kill Jewish kids in pizza restaurants. Maybe the terrorists know that it’s the one thing that would make their friends on the far-left turn on them–being cruel to a dog.

RBMN on May 12, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Exporting jobs and importing muslim dog haters from sharia land Somalia. We all gain

I would not return to that school in his shoes. These good dogs are difficult to train and valuable. The bond of loyalty and service is not replaceable.

What a shame the student cannot be trained to be as decent as that good dog. I feel for the teacher

entagor on May 12, 2008 at 1:09 PM

The student who threatened to kill the dog should have been expelled. His right to his religious beliefs does not include the right to threaten the life or property of another student.

A lot of Muslims in this country seem to think that their religious rights are absolute. They are not. Don’t want to be around a student with a dog health aid? Then schedule your classes so you can avoid the dog. Not willing to do that? Too damn bad. Your rights end where the other person’s rights begin.

AZCoyote on May 12, 2008 at 1:09 PM

They come to the U.S. for what? To get away from the dysfunctional culture and economy of their homelands. And then the first thing they want is for their adopted home to bend to their demands that their culture be installed here.

America didn’t get where it is today by taking on the worst aspects of its immigrants’ cultures. Unfortunately, the Left in this country believes any demand is sacred if it comes from an immigrant, particularly from an immigrant with brown skin. That’s why we’re surrendering to sharia without a fight.

Cicero43 on May 12, 2008 at 1:10 PM

This is how slowly but surely America starts living under Muslim religous laws. Amazing. These same libs will fight tooth and nail to keep a nativity scene of public property but won’t stand up for Muslim abuse of the handicapped. Go figure.

katieanne on May 12, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Hurd’s fellow students will soon be educators themselves:

St. Cloud State places about 1,000 students in 240 schools to help prepare them for careers in education.

In St. Cloud school district, 330 are in the field training program Hurd was in and 94 are in student teaching.

RushBaby on May 12, 2008 at 1:10 PM

The Muslim faith, which is the dominant faith of Somali immigrants, forbids the touching of dogs.

East is East, and West is West and never the twain shall meet.

I don’t understand why we are letting people whose cultures are antithetical (if not manifestly hostile) to our own live here on a permanent basis, never mind letting them dictate the terms of how we as a society operate.

Oh wait! Yes I do. It’s a deliberate, insidious, attempt to destroy us from within.

Buy Danish on May 12, 2008 at 1:11 PM

OMG……The school mascot is the Husky.

I guess it is bye bye to that mascot.

Limerick on May 12, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Oppps never mind, husky is the University. The HS is has a tiger. That’s ok then. I don’t think Moh had anything to say about tigers.

Limerick on May 12, 2008 at 1:20 PM

OMG……The school mascot is the Husky.

I guess it is bye bye to that mascot.

Limerick on May 12, 2008 at 1:18 PM

What if they didn’t mean the dog but a certain size on Toughskin jeans?

James on May 12, 2008 at 1:21 PM

James on May 12, 2008 at 1:21 PM

I checked the helmet logos. Funny looking jeans if they are.

Limerick on May 12, 2008 at 1:22 PM

SCSU was featured in the “College” episode of Penn and Teller’s B***shit! in the third season. They were used as an example of PC run amok on campus due to some alleged diversity issues regarding the hiring of a teacher there. According to Wikipedia:

In December 2002, two black professors mailed a series of letters to Twin Cities high schools and churches describing St. Cloud as a “community with a long and sordid record of racism” and advising minority students to not attend the university. One of the authors was a former professor who had previously sued the university when he was not given tenure. The lawsuit was dismissed.[5]

So giving the student no choice but to leave over his service dog for PC reasons? Does not surprise me.

ScoopPC11 on May 12, 2008 at 1:22 PM

Ed, I hope you will submit part of this piece to the Star-Tribune, where it will do the most good.

Connie on May 12, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Next move will be all menstruating women will have to stay home during their period.

Threatening violence and death works so well against Libs. It’s the darn Conservatives that tend to fight back. find you in your spider hole, and have justice served.

Hening on May 12, 2008 at 1:27 PM

I’m waiting for the ACLU to get involved but I hope you’ll forgive me if I don’t hold my breath.

TooTall on May 12, 2008 at 1:32 PM

It’s war.

baldilocks on May 12, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Long ago I decided on everyday evidence that Islam is a useless religion that spawns a significant amount of genocidal maniacs. I’m now slowly starting to think that even the “supposed secular moderates”, by their silence, are secret almost gleeful enablers. The cachet of sharia in the White House apparently stirs their souls to silent stupidity.

Where is the outrage, in the streets, of millions of Muslims, here and in Europe, protesting these 7th century inspired outrages/concepts. There aren’t any. That said I’m slowly moving towards being an apathetic bystander. A bystander in the sense that if trains ever come to collect Muslims to deport them I’ll stand by mute. I know it’s a horrible thing to say but I’m so tired of these cretins hiding behind a primitive religion spurred on by a local imman demanding we kowtow. I’m sick of it.

Let me add I’m more outraged by my fellow Americans who are kneeling down. Does our culture and traditions have no value? Man’s best friend thrown under the bus?

Where’s the shame?

patrick neid on May 12, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Gary Loch, who is the diversity coordinator for the district, said the situation was an unfortunate case of miscommunication.

I’ll bet he’s not a conservative! That said, this is yet another example of the total and complete lack of accountability demonstrated by the liberal PC crowd, any and all asinine behavior, statements and or actions are always dismissed as; miscommunication, taken out of context, highly nuanced and spun, not the intended result. Day after day we witness these flaccid excuses employed to defend the indefensible and day after day these limp justifications are saluted by the media.

dmann on May 12, 2008 at 1:51 PM

This is so wrong! Were are the animal-rights activists? Where is the outrage?

Or is it that the same Islamic bullies ate their tongues?

newton on May 12, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Where is PETA on this? Afraid to stand up to these people?

bloggless on May 12, 2008 at 12:44 PM

PETA only interferes when you’re hurting an animal for a good reason (IE: food).

Darth Executor on May 12, 2008 at 2:10 PM

I don’t know about the laws in the state where this occurred, but in Kansas and many states, the penalities for refusing services to someone with a guide dog were criminal, not civil. My son had a service dog and in “dog school” we were given cards with the specific state and federal laws to show people who were less than agreeable to a dog being present. An owner of a business could be arrested and jailed for failing to permit a service animal in the establishment. I hope this kid sues the pants off of this school. They are wrong.

bopbottle on May 12, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Alright, I’ll say it:

The dog has more of a right to be in that school than the Muslim.

Write the school board and nip this in the bud.

emailnuevo on May 12, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Thank God I have that switch in my head that keeps me from buying a bunch of guns and killing these radical inflexible bastards. Dear Machmood… THIS ISN’T EUROPE. If you don’t like our rules, get the hell out of our country.

Until we have organizations and law enforcement that supports the AMERICAN way of life these boneheads will continue to push the envelope and claim any intolerance of their ridiculous and inflexible ways as racist.

If so, call me a racist. I want these radical MF-ers out of here.

cannonball on May 12, 2008 at 2:21 PM

I have named my new puppy mohammed…..

moseby on May 12, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Is he a terrierist?

Shy Guy on May 12, 2008 at 2:23 PM

DerKrieger on May 12, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Sad but true. My husband’s super lib Catholic relatives in MN …. argh,

How on earth do you talk a group of people out of romanticizing the spiritual enemy when they think they are doing it for Jesus/the Pope?

funky chicken on May 12, 2008 at 2:28 PM

I understand pigs are very smart. Some are really small when full grown. Wonder if they could be taught to be service pigs? That would really get the muslims turbins in a wad.
L

letget on May 12, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Great post, but I’d amend that the behavior was threatening, not asinine.

funky chicken on May 12, 2008 at 2:30 PM

funky chicken on May 12, 2008 at 2:28 PM

I’ve spent some time recently writing to a number of the Catholic diocese around the country pleading that more attention be given to understanding Islam (preferably learning from non-Muslim sources) before simply dishing out charity or engaging in interfaith efforts. I also wrote to a few LDS members about their charitable works with Islamic Relief. Some of these things are being done with good and noble intentions, but so many are so naive.

Connie on May 12, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Maybe he could get a different service animal, perhaps a pig.

Kafir on May 12, 2008 at 2:54 PM

The jerk threatened the dog, thus threatening the livelihood of the teacher. WHY isn’t he thrown out of school? WHY isn’t he in jail for making threats? WHY are we such cowards as to not stand up to this? WHY isn’t there an organization we could go to if our rights are violated?

oakpack on May 12, 2008 at 3:00 PM

Isn’t Hurd the coward. He did not stand up by staying there

PrezHussein on May 12, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Oh if you think sending this story to the Star tribune will help….. nope. They have a press office in St. Cloud anyway. The Star and Sickle is a tool for Islamofascism, after all , islamofascists don’t like conservatives, neither does the Strib.

MNDavenotPC on May 12, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Is he a terrierist?

Shy Guy on May 12, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Too funny. Seriously, the pussification of America by the PC libtards is mind boggling. Their goal is to turn us all into spineless, beret wearing, pissing while seated, Frenchies. ooh la la.

Zorg on May 12, 2008 at 3:31 PM

would continue his training in the district

Why not the school inquestion? Why does this student have to change schoolss?

Is the somali a citizen? If he isn’t, this incident shows that he is incapable of fitting into our culture and in a non postmodern world would be sent back to somalia for our good and his own.

peacenprosperity on May 12, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Isn’t Hurd the coward. He did not stand up by staying there

PrezHussein on May 12, 2008 at 3:06 PM

He stood up for his dog, which is good enough for me.

RushBaby on May 12, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Steffens said it is important to respect different cultures and the rights of disabled students.

“I think this is part of the growth process when we become more diverse,” Steffens said.

There are so many things wrong here, on so many levels. When I first started reading this article, I thought it had occurred in Europe. Nope, it’s in the U.S., where we have all these great laws protecting handicapped people, and giving them opportunities for recourse when someone discriminates against them. And here we have a student who, because of their religion makes a death threat to a service dog. And nothing happens to him!!! How is this possible? When did religion trump disabled? Or do the administrators really realize who’s more disabled here? Rhetoric, don’t answer that. The libs are writing their own death warrant for their precious freedoms.

4shoes on May 12, 2008 at 4:14 PM

SouthernGent on May 12, 2008 at 12:41 PM

I don’t know… we didn’t put up with the crap the Somali cab drivers tried to pull at the airport or the appeasement the airport commission tried to enact. The commission scrapped their proposal only after public outrage- public opinion was very much against the idea.

Hollowpoint on May 12, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Not quite. When they’re taking over a formerly non-Muslim area (see Somalia, Nigeria) Muslims make a habit of killing all the dogs.

aynrandgirl on May 12, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Americans aren’t all that different. I live in Florida. Lots of MA and NJ refugees here escaping the regulatory and tax hells of their home states. But guess what? They still vote Democrat when they get here. They don’t seem to understand the link between who they vote for and the government they get.

aynrandgirl on May 12, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Please.

Someone tell me what we’re waiting for. It’s time. We need to start deporting Islamics when this kind of stuff happens.

Kick them all out now.

pabarge on May 12, 2008 at 4:33 PM

For the record, I object to the use of the term “rights” in respect of Muslims apparent preference for a dog-free environment. There is no “right” to a dog-free environment. This is not a case of competing or colliding “rights”. Only one side has a “right” in this case – the fellow who needs the assistance of a dog because of his disability.

First, they came for the dogs:

pussum207 on May 12, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Captain Ed –

What else would you expect? This situation will continue, and get worse. There has been no situation with Muslims in the West where this has not happened. I.E. Muslims demanding people adhere to their dictates instead of conforming to secular western values.

whiskey_199 on May 12, 2008 at 5:22 PM

bloggless on May 12, 2008 at 12:38 PM

As long as infidel babies are being aborted, you won’t hear a peep from the Mullahs. Helps them with the numbers game.

funky chicken, you’re a sublime bigot.

eaglesdontflock on May 12, 2008 at 5:39 PM

I’ve got the solution…seeing-eye muslims! Of course the upkeep would be more than for a dog but let some islamic group pay for it. Seriously though, this disgusts me. Thanks for putting this story on. I’ve forwarded it to some people who will give this kid free legal help if he isn’t already getting some.

DCJeff on May 12, 2008 at 5:40 PM

Someone call the ACLU (Animal Civil Liberties Union)

Steve McCullough on May 12, 2008 at 5:42 PM

This is how it happens. (witness United Kingdom) One seemingly minor little incident at a time where we kindly give the benefit of the doubt to the Muslim foreigner.

Next time maybe a woman’s unveiled face or pork on the cafeteria menu…..It never stops until you make it stop.

Give an inch and they’ll take a country. Cause they sure as crap don’t have a decent one of their own. Heck in the interest of political correctness let’s save those many steps and just give Our country over to Somalia and well heck the entire middle east and to keep our Dhemmi kids employed we can have them start converting our churches into mosques.

Hell when we start giving the country away….. why stop with Mexico. I WANT TOTAL POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, NO LESS.

Ernest on May 12, 2008 at 5:57 PM

I’ve got a pissed off 80 pound pit bull this kid can threaten. Dog’s been in a bad mood since he was fixed…

TinMan13 on May 12, 2008 at 6:45 PM

If mvslims’ techniques of getting their way are presently more effective than one’s own, it seems reasonable at least to study their techniques carefully. Afterward, one can consider whether or not it’s reasonable to let one’s friends go on taking losses.

Kralizec on May 12, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Easy now, this is Minnesota we are talking about; you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a hyper-sensitive liberal willing to bend over in the name of multiculti bullcrap.

Don’t be so surprised, our Somali taxi drivers refuse to take fares if they have a bottle of booze with them, much less a seeing-eye dog.

Bishop on May 12, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Actually, the student teacher may have grounds for a suit against the school under the Americans with Disabilities Act for failure to make reasonable accomodation.

The administration should have said the dog stays – if the students can’t live with that they should find another school.

There is no reason that Muslim students should expect our government to give their religion special rights not conveyed to other religions.

Dr. Bob on May 12, 2008 at 10:55 PM

What sickness in society allows the choice of which (trendy) protected class is more deserving therefore making acceptable the harassment of a lower protected class?

I’m going to take a wild stab at it, uuuhhmm oh yeah, liberalism.

Speakup on May 13, 2008 at 12:14 AM