Video: Eleventh-hour blockbuster endorsement rescues Hillary’s campaign

posted at 10:49 pm on May 9, 2008 by Allahpundit

The endorsement’s (very) old news, actually, but the fact that they’re willing to stand by it and go down with the ship is, god forgive me for saying so, commendable. Then again, Wilson’s been a sufficiently harsh critic of the Messiah that it’s probably too late for him to enter the kingdom of heaven when it’s inaugurated next year. They might as well stick with Hillary, hope Obama loses, and then wait to be rewarded for their loyalty when she resurfaces, Nixon-like, in ’12.

Exit question: Am I the only one feeling a teensy bit sentimental during these final days of the Glacier’s candidacy? 95% of you will say yes, but for the other five percent, what is it that’s getting to you? The Shakespearean tragic overtones? The sudden awareness that we won’t have Hillary to kick around for very much longer? The alarming extent to which she was able to humanize herself over the past month or two? The fact that she’s as nutty as a PayDay bar and it’s always sad to see the insane suffer? What is it?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Wow, the woman who was so terrified that her cover was blown in the Bush conspiracy shows her face on public TV?

I thought her life was in such peril and she had too spend the rest of her life living in fear and taking different routes to grocery store every day because her cover had been blown.

Either this is true and she is gutsy, or it is what it is, a lie that we all knew from the start.

RobertInAustin on May 10, 2008 at 12:13 PM

This has nothing to do with prolonging a candidacy. It has to do with prolonging a ruse. Those two are the most logical endorsers to try to pull that off. But the ‘hedge’ candidate will take the nomination and they know it. They just don’t want the ‘gig to be up’ just yet.

ilitigant on May 10, 2008 at 12:59 PM

for the other five percent, what is it that’s getting to you?

The Shakespeare thing, and the humanizing thing.

Mark Jaquith on May 10, 2008 at 1:06 PM

This guy has been so discredited, yet here he is acting like a victim to somehow help Hillucinating Hillary.

jediwebdude on May 10, 2008 at 1:08 PM

but for the other five percent, what is it that’s getting to you?

The horror that is Barack Obama.

EJDolbow on May 10, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Not alone because I do not believe SHE is going anywhere until a winner is declared. And I am pleased as punch at OP CHAOS because The Clintons will not go quietly and the eejits on The Left could have dispatched with The Clintons during impeachment and didn’t. And those on The Left who lied for The Clintons until the Messiah descended from Chicago have to endure The Clintons tactics now. I am having a lovely a glass of Dom with my Schadenfreunden (sp?) today….

Branch Rickey on May 10, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Somebody please explain to me how an attractive woman like that ends up agreeing to be that guy’s FOURTH wife?

funky chicken on May 10, 2008 at 1:47 PM

I am having a lovely a glass of Dom with my Schadenfreunden (sp?) today….

Branch Rickey on May 10, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Schadenfreude, BR. You live good :) Reminds me of a business party during which one of my already inibriated peers called the hotel bar, asked for a bottle of Dom Pérignon. When they said “sorry, sir, we’re out of it”, he said “oh, sh*t, then just send a six pack”. The gang couldn’t stop laughing for hours thereafter.

Entelechy on May 10, 2008 at 1:49 PM

funky chicken on May 10, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Two pretenders going into oblivion together. They are perfect for each other. Cat lovers would say purrrfect.

You guys must see beauty through different spectrums.

Entelechy on May 10, 2008 at 1:52 PM

That’s one endorsement that goes down in Plames. I have to admit that I didn’t recognize what’s his name with the crew cut and gee, Valerie could use a face lift.
Branch Rickey is right…the Demos had plenty of time and opportunities to evict the Clintoons from the basement of the DNC, but they were and still are too powerful.
The fact that She hasn’t produced any crocodile tears lately tells me that she has several other options. The Clintoons ain’t goin’ anywhere. Their political life will even live on after them, after all, millions of people relate to and idolize them. I can see the statues now…

Christine on May 10, 2008 at 2:04 PM

The gang couldn’t stop laughing for hours thereafter.

Entelechy on May 10, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Neither will I…. :-)

Branch Rickey on May 10, 2008 at 2:09 PM

That’s one endorsement that goes down in Plames.

Christine on May 10, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Awesome

Branch Rickey on May 10, 2008 at 2:12 PM

I am missing Hillary already. The shamelessness, checking HotAir each day to see Allah’s posts on her latest panderfest, the constant changes in message. She is definitely a known quantity, and I’d rather have her than Obama any day.

Baphomet on May 10, 2008 at 3:13 PM

for the other five percent, what is it that’s getting to you?

(1) She wants it so bad. What’s she going to do after she withdraws? Just be a Senator? Wander off into a field and die? It’s nearly impossible to imagine.

(2) For those of us, not you, who thought all along that Obama would be far easier to beat, because of his naivete and undeniable leftism (whenever he deigns to provide details about what “hope” means — maybe a twinge of doubt. Can this inexperienced dorm-room-Marxist with the America-hating wife really ride his talent for oratory all the way to the White House? I still believe that won’t happen, but I wish I believed it with the same calm certainty with which I believe atoms really exist. And what if, heaven forbid, John McCain expires on the trail?

(3) A suspicion that Hillary might make about as good/medium bad a President as her husband did, with the level of corruption appalling and yet just barely short of treason, and with the pandering instinct staying with her, and overriding the stupider leftist ideas (“Surrender in Iraq”; “punish the rich for being that way”; “empower the trial lawyer thugs and the union thugs”; “let’s try that socialized medicine thing again”), from the same dynamic that had her husband signing Welfare reform and pushing NAFTA through. Have we lost the last chance to have a Democratic victory not be the largest disaster for America, and for liberty, perhaps in our history?

Obama would be a clear disaster, probably even worse than Jimmy Carter, which is saying a lot. If I thought someone that inexperienced, naive, lacking in wisdom, and deeply Marxist in outlook, were actually electable, I’d despair for sure. Not being able to completely eliminate the possibility leaves a residue of unease, and nostalgia for loss of the machine politician who may promise some stupid populist stuff, but would never in a million years try to actually deliver it.

Splunge on May 10, 2008 at 9:15 PM

Media whores both…’nuff said.

MsUnderestimated on May 11, 2008 at 5:08 AM

Oh no. Wilson has moved into that “cut my hair short because I’m getting old” look. Poor guy. He and the misses staked everything on being on the NSC for Kerry. Now they’re trying again to get a slot on the Clinton team. Feel sorry for them. I read that Plame was appealing the decision in their civil suit too… Hah…

Seixon on May 11, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Well…I’d still hit Valerie.

LtE126 on May 10, 2008 at 7:54 AM

Starting to think that ship has sailed…

Jaibones on May 11, 2008 at 8:17 PM

A Republican Carville could have a field day with these two.

jackmac on May 12, 2008 at 12:16 AM

What does Valarie know about Hitlery that Hitlery does not know about Hitlery? Elect her and Joe will tell you for a couple of bucks or a movie deal.

MSGTAS on May 12, 2008 at 9:46 AM