Obama: I want to be president of all 57 states

posted at 5:25 pm on May 9, 2008 by Allahpundit

Ambinder asks the question you’re already asking yourself. Verdict: Dude’s lost his bearings.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, Saipan, Canal Zone…

I’m runnin’ dry here. Hell, let’s just annex Canada and be done with it!

gridlock2 on May 10, 2008 at 10:12 AM

I think its pretty clear he was joking…

crr6 on May 9, 2008 at 5:29 PM

A joke would have been, “I feel like I’ve traveled to 57 states.”

No wonder his wife isn’t proud of America. We’ve got 7 states out there doing God knows what in our name!

VikingGoneWild on May 10, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Didn’t he say he had been to 57, and one left to go, but not AK or HI, which makes a total of 60 states. If that is a joke, where is the punchline. He sure didn’t look like he was delivering a joke.

I guess being the messiah is a very tiring job.

Cinematicfilm on May 10, 2008 at 10:36 AM

He actually said he’d already been to 57 states and had two more to go…so his total is 59.

I don’t think anyone has mentioned Mistersippi, Old York, Old Jersey, and Old Orleans yet…how many is the total now?

Can we get a candidate…in either party…who did not flunk history, geography, or economics?

The nation needs a complete do-over.

landlines on May 10, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Obama this is going to leave a MARK! The truth is out there we are not alone :)

Let them Eat Crow!

Dr Evil on May 10, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Some of you might recall last year Obama made another gaff of over statement. At a speech in Richmond, VA he said 10,000 people were killed by the tornado that stuck Greensburg, KS.

“In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died—an entire town destroyed,” – B.O.

The death toll was 12.

diogenes on May 10, 2008 at 11:16 AM

I still say we take over Mexico,and make 50 new states. That would put an end to illegal immigration, corruption in Mexico, and fire up our real estate market, as well as the petrol industry. Up to 60% of Mexicans say they want to come to the U.S., this will help save their travel points…

adamsmith on May 10, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Wow. He’s so ELOQUENT!

Jewels on May 10, 2008 at 11:26 AM

Will someone please explain to me how this idiot is the presumptive POTUS?

How can anyone in thier right mind even consider this fraud and his horrible ungrateful wife as America’s first couple?

What is wrong with you moronic lefties?

Winebabe on May 10, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Oviously he meant 47 states, with one left to go, excluding alaska and hawaii.

I dislike Obama as much as anyone here, but this was a simple brain fart. Let it go.

VolMagic on May 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM

WTF? Don’t they teach geography in Indonesia? Apparently NOT! No, no, no… I get it. He must be counting Cuba, Venezuela, Iran, Palestine, North Korea, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan [or at least the Punjab region] and last but certianly not least… New Orleans. With his superpower negotiating genius he plans to bring them all into the fold during his reign. It’s just his positive campaign of ‘Hope’ showing through the media’s fog of deception. Shame on you Allah for fogging us!!!!

BTW, does anyone know where this ‘Hope’ chick is hanging out while hiding from Michelle O’Bambam?

Griz on May 10, 2008 at 12:05 PM

What is wrong with you moronic lefties?

Winebabe on May 10, 2008 at 11:46 AM

It’s all about the Power, and teh revolution. Consequences? We don’t believe in your stupid consequences! Everything will be wonderful! Nothing will ever touch or hurt us! We have no enemies. Everyone will love, and more importantly, like us. Yes we can! Yes we can! Si se puede! Blah blah blah. Hope! Change! Witches spells will stop the evil rethuglicans war machine! Unicorns and rainbows for all! //sarc

I have lefty friends and relatives that I love dearly, but they believe some version of the above, and the highlights of their daily lives include never missing ‘Survivor’, or ‘Dancing With The Stars’, or any of the more mind-numbingly vapid fare on network media. What they know about the world and the candidates they strongly support is gleaned by soundbytes they hear on the news, and never think to question or confirm. And they absolutely refuse to honestly debate anything, nor are they open to any challenge of their strongly held, but very flawed beliefs and points of view.

I’ll be thankful when this apparent magic spell is broken and people open their eyes and ears again and realize just how much we’ve all been duped over the years.

techno_barbarian on May 10, 2008 at 12:06 PM

VolMagic on May 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM

DITTO!

lsutiger on May 10, 2008 at 12:10 PM

VolMagic on May 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM

Why…they sure as hell wouldn’t. Republican pols aren’t allowed to slip up and say something incorrectly…ask GWB.

McCain makes a point about maintaining a force in Iraq for 100 years if necessary and the DNC lies about it and makes a commercial lying about it.

Why would anyone let these guys off the hook for anything?

Asher on May 10, 2008 at 12:22 PM

ForNow, landlines, and all the others, who claim expansion, and VolMagic and likes who claim “brain fart”, no it was sheer stupidity. Do not let it go. Children know better than this, and he was a constitutional law professor at a university, and is running for president. Strikingly stupid.

To let it go would make brain farts indignant.

Entelechy on May 10, 2008 at 12:33 PM

McCain got a free pass for repeatedly calling Iraq Iran, confusing Shia an Shiite, saying he did not vote for Bush then he did, etc etc.

I’m giving Obama his free pass on this brainf*rt.

All the indignant shrieking by people claiming this little gaffe is proof he’s not worthy of being president is supremely retarded. The same people who thought nothing of McCain’s multiple gaffes.

Mountain, molehill.

Next.

Dave Rywall on May 10, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Asher and Ent,

Asher first,

So, we should behave like the moonbats?

Ent second,

Again, as much as I dislike the man, I know how travel can affect a person. Heck, I drive six hours and cross one state line, and by the end of it I wouldn’t be able to tell you the city of my birth. This guy has been campaigning for over a year now, almost always in front of a camera, and under intense pressure. Do you honestly believe he doesn’t know how many States are in the Union? Of course he does. Jet-lag can cause pretty serious sillyness, and I would chalk this up to just that. Plus, he’s a Marxist with an extremely grating and grasping wife and a racist loony-tune pastor. There are more fertile fields to plow in Obama criticism.

VolMagic on May 10, 2008 at 12:51 PM

the real gaff was this

I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it.”

windansea on May 10, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Maybe those tight jeans Obama was wearing the other day cut off the blood circulation to his brain.

AZCoyote on May 10, 2008 at 1:13 PM

VolMagic, his Marxism grates at me more than anything. His wife is a disgraceful anarchist. His race is not relevant to me.

Just to make sure. I have been beyond tired, often, having traveled the world, for business and privately, beyond what are considered human limits. That we have 50 states is like “is it day or night” or “am I male or female”. Don’t rationalize this into something good. Next we’ll hear “oh, the messiah meant that he was in some states more than onec”. All of you, the media, McCain, and all the apologists are going to vote a dangerous empty man into the highest office in the world. Have at it, and suffer the consequences. I’m getting so mad that I wish it upon all of you, including the conservatives. You all deserve nothing less.

Entelechy on May 10, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Obama has a fixation not only on his nicotine addiction as a chain smoker, but his obvious penchant to SMOKE and abhorence of “the patch” for his narcotic fix. America deserves his hair tested for drugs in his system. The last thing we need in the Oval Office is a damn drug addict with a vendetta against Israel and alliance with Hamas.

Why Obama must lose? So that Israel may exist.

Mark Steyn & Co. note well the European and Canadian and Arabic assumption that Israel will not survive another decade.

It is also noted today that the Clinton Administration Arab-Israeli adviser Robert Malley was sacked from the Obama campaign yesterday after they realized that Malley had been in regular contact with Hamas. It is NOT that Obama is against Hamas, as he is pro-Hamas, but can not yet afford in America to have that spoken.

HOW MANY TOPICS HAS OBAMA CENSORED TO DATE?

Obama is the first POTUS candidate ever to wholecloth his own story. I believe in everyone’s right to dream, but no more so than to state the facts.

maverick muse on May 10, 2008 at 1:19 PM

Come on now people, give the man a break.

He wasn’t in the pew seat that day so he didn’t hear that part of the sermon lesson.

His American History preacher teacher isn’t the person he thought he was.

TheCulturalist on May 10, 2008 at 1:20 PM

TheCulturalist on May 10, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Obama’s Muslim curriculum got his brainwaves stuck on stupid since childhood.

maverick muse on May 10, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Techno_barbarian:

It’s nice to meet someone so optimistic.

Personally, I think there’s a rather large hard-core “liberal base” that would rather die that adjust their views to conform to reality. How large I don’t know, I hope not too large.

Merovign on May 10, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Maybe he 9th ward became a new state.

geminicontender on May 10, 2008 at 1:36 PM

maverick muse on May 10, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Could be…

Although Muslim based brainwashing, as I understand it, usually works in reverse. Since they lay claim to the entire world as a Global Caliphate that would reduce the number of countries over time. They already teach Palestinian children with a map devoid of Israel.

Obama’s problem is that he tends to not be present at critical times. In this case, perhaps he sat out math class.

Redefining the world, one country at a time.

TheCulturalist on May 10, 2008 at 1:41 PM

Entelechy on May 10, 2008 at 1:14 PM

You know things are bad when even Entel is this pissed. In my opinion, part of the reason we’re in the situation we’re in right now is because Conservatives have failed to stand up and defend themselves and attack the open idiocy on the left, due to some spirit of taking the high road. The left is all in in this war against their ideological enemies (i.e. most of us here at HA). While it would be nice to take the high road, the leftists will not rise to our level of decency and decorum. We have to fight back or we’ll be made even more irrelevant.

Merovign on May 10, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Trying to be an optimist here. I’ll agree with you about the ‘reality-based’ community. But at some point their lunacy, like the global warming scam, is going to come crashing down around their heads. You can only claim that cold is hot for so long before people start fitting you for a jacket with wrap-around sleeves.

techno_barbarian on May 10, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Merovign on May 10, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Absolutely correct. I heard a Democrat call Michael Medved this past week to talk about President Bush and what a failure he had been during hurricane Katrina. Medved questioned the man, asking what he thought Bush should have done differently. He insisted that President Bush should have put military in the region, even after Medved informed him that constitutionally, it wasn’t possible. It was as if Medved never even said it. He just kept repeating that Bush should have done it.

Whacky-assed liberals.

capitalist piglet on May 10, 2008 at 2:20 PM

True to some extent. I agree regarding out-in-the-open conservative politicians. They are acting like school children bullied into not speaking out in class for fear of ridicule and bad grades. Conservative voters need to take the lead and let them know we stand behind them.

techno_barbarian on May 10, 2008 at 1:48 PM

We can only hope… Hard to defeat ideological stupidity. Nothing worse than an insane zealot.

A little O/T coming next, so stop reading if that sort of thing gets your panties in a bunch…

My wife asked me my opinion regarding a field trip being planned at our 4 yr olds preschool. A “Children’s Museum” in a nearby city. I checked their website to make sure there wasn’t some kind of “Global Warming” scare fest going on. Seemed legit, so I gave it my official okidoki.

Can’t be too careful out there. We have already told him repeatedly that an questions regarding our home are to be answered by either “I don’t know” or “Ask my Mom and Dad”. No other response is permissible.

A nutjob gunned down his family recently and one of the kids, a 5 yr old boy was among the dead. He was a member of the school our son attends, although not in the same class. So, of course, there were questions being asked about who might have guns in their homes. As that isn’t the point, it’s none of their business.

We will have to find a new place to live in the near future. California is falling off the U.S. map. See the Absolute ad for context.

TheCulturalist on May 10, 2008 at 2:23 PM

You know, this would be a lot more explainable if Barak was the one who married Teresa Heinz, and just got the number of states mixed up with the number of varieties of his wife’s company.

jon1979 on May 10, 2008 at 2:27 PM

Whacky-assed liberals.

capitalist piglet on May 10, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Too true.

I’m beginning to think that brains are like 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles. Problem for liberals is that they are working with some defective ones made in China. Every now and then one comes off the line with a few pieces missing. So they walk around not knowing that there is a hole in their puzzled brains. New pieces never fit quite right and bounce off.

Every now and again, just the right shaped piece finds its way home and the world suddenly takes on a new shape. Like Dennis Miller after 9/11 and David Mamet.

TheCulturalist on May 10, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Obama disqualified from Office..

How can he run for POTUS when he knows nothing about the United States? WTF. :{

Chakra Hammer on May 10, 2008 at 2:40 PM

If B.O. gets elected his whole term would be damage control on what Barack “really” wanted to say..

pathetic.

Chakra Hammer on May 10, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Chakra Hammer on May 10, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Not if he makes speaking from a teleprompter an Executive Order. Then, if he is ever caught without one, he could just mime his way through. How could he be held accountable for that? The Invisible Wall. Running Against the Wind. The Rope Climb. It would be so entertaining boring that no one would remember he was asked a question.

TheCulturalist on May 10, 2008 at 3:03 PM

TheCulturalist on May 10, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Yea, how many times will he embarrass us on a National Stage or , Anger our Allies or partners by messing up?(Oh, thats not what he really wanted to say, it was a gaff!)

Sheesh..

Chakra Hammer on May 10, 2008 at 3:28 PM

I think it is time to find out who is feeding the teleprompter for Obama. As another poster stated, he obviously isn’t writing the stuff himself. So who’s thoughts are coming out of the eloquent mouth? Any guesses?

ctmom on May 10, 2008 at 3:55 PM

57 states, 57 varieties, so the man is running to be President of Heinz Ketchup, cut him some slack. I’m sure Theresa will be glad to award him the job.

thirtypundit on May 10, 2008 at 4:10 PM

ctmom on May 10, 2008 at 3:55 PM

I brought that up earlier, and I’d really like to know. I have no idea how to find out the answer, however.

Can’t be the angry wife, as most of it is too positive-sounding to have been penned by her. Whomever it is is doing a nice job of pulling big O’s strings.

I noticed his handlers hurried to rush him out of the spotlight when he continued to babble. Admittedly, he’s probably exhausted and nicotine-deprived, but somebody sure seems to be doing his thinking for him. He does not do well without the teleprompters. And when you look at each of his speeches, he relies on them completely.

I notice McC does the same thing, though. But McC speaks better off the cuff than the big O, IMHO. It’ll be interesting to see them debate. I think the big O might just have a problem in a cool rational discussion on things like foriegn policy and the economy. I wish we had a stronger and younger candidate, but reality is what it is.

We casts our votes and takes our chances.

techno_barbarian on May 10, 2008 at 4:13 PM

ctmom on May 10, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Axelrod

TheCulturalist on May 10, 2008 at 4:13 PM

We casts our votes and takes our chances.

techno_barbarian on May 10, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Exactly what I have been saying. We saw what happened in all the Dem debates, except one. And in that one, he was just playing the bounces off HillDog’s answers. He never had to take point.

What is he going to do if he wins the nomination? Claim there is no need for a debate w/ McC because all that needs to be said has been said? Talk about chickens coming home to roost.

TheCulturalist on May 10, 2008 at 4:21 PM

if gw bush said this, the dem’s would be having impeachment hearings on monday morning

custer on May 10, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Axelrod

TheCulturalist on May 10, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Bingo! That makes sense now that I’ve seen some of the videos linked in the threads yesterday and today. I’ll have to look into Axelrod’s past.

Thanks TheCulturalist! Appreciated!

techno_barbarian on May 10, 2008 at 4:37 PM

landlines on May 10, 2008 at 10:38 AM

That was funny! Your post made me laugh out loud! And for all of you making apologies for his mistake… get used to it if he becomes president, because I personally plan to give back to the DemocRATS what they have given to Bush unfairly for the last 8 years. I’m sure I’m not the only person who feels that way, so if there is a Democrat pres., they’d better watch every single word that comes out of their mouth because their candidate should get back ten-fold what they gave Bush: every misstep, every misused phrase or word, every gaffe, every geography mistake – you name it – with You Tube and the blogs who needs the MSM to report it? And I doubt that any Democrat will have the humor and grace that Bush has about being called out.

foxforce91 on May 10, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Oviously he meant 47 states, with one left to go, excluding alaska and hawaii.

VolMagic on May 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM

So how do you explain the “10,000 people killed” gaffe regarding the Greensburg, KS tornado? Is this somebody we really want to be in a position to deploy troops and spend our taxes?

I can just imagine it:
‘OOPS!! We meant to send 100 people to put down that little flare-up in Grenada…not 100,000!’

‘We meant to spend $10,000 on White House furniture, not $10 million!’

‘We meant to send 2 planes to help search for the missing boat in the Atlantic…not 2000! And we’re sorry that 40 of the search planes crashed because of the over-crowded airspace.’

Here’s a slogan for Obama:
A president who can make Jimmy Carter look good!

landlines on May 10, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Even if he meant 47 states with one to go because he was excluding Alaska and Hawaii, doesn’t that mean he was campaigning in Florida and Michigan?

RW_theoriginal on May 10, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Hey! That’s 57 “Downright MEAN” states to you Obama!

We gun and religion ‘clingers’ can count too, ya’ know!LOL!

Teddy on May 10, 2008 at 6:21 PM

lost his bearings marbles

fixed

urbancenturion on May 10, 2008 at 7:13 PM

I wonder if B.O. knows why there are 100 US Senators?

diogenes on May 10, 2008 at 7:22 PM

There may not be 57 states in the good ol’ USA, but there are 57 nations in the Organisation of the Islamic Conference. Freudian Slip, perhaps?

elpidzo13 on May 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM

adamsmith on May 10, 2008 at 11:16 AM

As I proposed here:

The armed conquest of Mexico.

MrLynn on May 10, 2008 at 11:23 PM

That link gets to the right thread, but not to the exact comment, which is this one: MrLynn on May 6, 2008 at 7:34 AM.

MrLynn on May 10, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Oviously he meant 47 states, with one left to go, excluding alaska and hawaii.

VolMagic on May 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM

After campaigning for a year, I’m sure it feels like 57…

Doesn’t matter. He never gets called on any of the stuff that he screws up, makes up, or lies about by the douche press. Might as well slam him for making a simple 47 – 57 mistake.

I’m still waiting for the press to ask his campaign why on earth they want to press McCain on his “I’m not that good on the economy” statement, when Obambi can’t figure out how to pay for mangoes at the “fruit stand” for his idiot wife, while making $2 million a year…

Jaibones on May 11, 2008 at 1:24 AM

Oviously he meant 47 states, with one left to go, excluding alaska and hawaii.

VolMagic on May 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM

Maybe it’s not a brain fart. He could have been thinking about the 57 nations that comprise the Organization of the Islamic Conference.

evenkeel on May 11, 2008 at 2:35 AM

Include Iran in there.

Republicans aren’t allowed brain frats, why is Barry?

benrand on May 11, 2008 at 2:56 AM

TheCulturalist on May 10, 2008 at 2:23 PM

California (lived there for 50 years) is the latest example of how Liberalism destroys everything in it’s path; a pure cancer that infects the core values from the center of the soul, and spreads quickly taking every resource available in order to feed itself until nothing of value remains. Take a good look at San Fransicko, and you will see this disease takes hold; then turn your attention to the rest of the big cities in California to see how this sickness has infected the populous. Entire counties that once flourished with prosperity, now backrupt with no other option than to force now forms of taxes on it’s people in order to sustain the welfare programs that have sucked the life right out of the city. Big businesses gone; large corporations gone; small businesses regulated to the point where they can’t sustain themselves in a market that must compete with illegals who operate businesses free from the regulations that are forced upon the legitimate business owners… Out of control Unions (think teachers union) forcing non-union businesses and free markets to run out of state in order to escape the attacks coming their way compliments of the relationship between state politics and unions. I speak from experience, having been the owner of a small business for 25 years in California. My wife and I had our first serious talk about leaving California back in 1999; we started looking around the country for a new place to raise our family at that time. We chose our new state in 2002, and made the move in 2006. Hopefully, California will return to it’s former greatness; however, that will not happen in my lifetime. Liberalism has not yet completed running it’s coarse in California; another 10-20 years of suffering lies ahead.

Labeling this Obama gaffe as a “brain fart” is simply ridiculous. It’s obvious he meant to say “47 states” rather than what he actually said… Obvious? Actually, I’d rather take people at their word rather than assume anything. If Obama comes out and says “hey, I meant to say 47, but do to my tired state of mind, I misspoke and said 57″, then I would have the option to give him the benefit of the doubt, or not. Until then, he said what he said; he meant what he said.

Keemo on May 11, 2008 at 9:27 AM

How did Obama come up with 57 states? Was he reading a ketchup bottle?

chsw

chsw on May 11, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Oviously he meant 47 states, with one left to go, excluding alaska and hawaii.

VolMagic on May 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM

President Bush has a slip, and we label him evil incarnate.

Presidential hopeful Obama has a slip, and we let it go.

Yeah, okay, it probably is not really that big a deal.

But it does reflect our politicaly correct double standards.

Lawrence on May 11, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Those who are mad because people are calling Obama on such a minor gaffe and missing the larger meta-issue relating to historical context, which is;

YOU’RE HYPOCRITES.

Thank you, and good night.

Merovign on May 11, 2008 at 2:12 PM

If you point out that the USA has 50 states, you are guilty of the politics of distraction and racism.

Akzed on May 11, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Everyone knows the USA has 48 states. Is he stupid?!

Akzed on May 11, 2008 at 11:13 PM

This what he’s talking about: the political maps of division.

spacemonkey on May 12, 2008 at 11:37 AM

This is why Michelle Obama thinks Ameicans are just downright MEAN! We guys never give the messiah a break.

How else could the Obama camp come up with the stuffed ballots? You know all the new territories Obama conquered will all be voting for him, of course.

Sir Napsalot on May 12, 2008 at 3:13 PM

He meant 47. Let’s move on, bigger issues to deal with on this Marxist.

pecan pie on May 12, 2008 at 5:23 PM

No he didn’t mean 47! There are 57 MUSLIM states! Hmmm.

Bikerken on May 12, 2008 at 5:46 PM

Heard Rush mention that also, that Obama’s “slip” of the tongue meant the 57 Muslim states of the world. Food for thought from Mr. B. Hussein Obama. (Yeah, it’s his name, and I’ll use it)

rtsidedragon on May 13, 2008 at 2:33 AM

Why is this even being discussed?

If he was joking…then no big deal.

If he was not joking, just tired, then it’s also no big deal. Who hasn’t made a slip of the tongue that they didn’t realize until significantly after the fact? All you can do is keep moving forward.

In either case, these are very shallow grounds for criticism. The only thing that could be a valuable point, would be to imply that he didn’t actually know how many states there were – which is obviously mischaracterization.

This topic reminds me of the shallow arguments of the left that Bush is dumb. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

samuelrylander on May 13, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Well, how about because there are going to be plenty of times when he’s the President when he’s going to be tired and will still have to make an important decision.

I’d rather not have a man in there who, under pressure, can’t quite recall how many states there are.

Jimmie on May 13, 2008 at 3:47 PM

I think he got that from the original “The Manchuirian Candidate”.

57… like the Heinz ketchup bottle.

What a leftard.

profitsbeard on May 9, 2008 at 8:49 PM

McCarthy is usually quoted to have said: “I have here in my hand a list of 205—a list of names that were made known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping policy in the State Department.”

There is some dispute about whether or not McCarthy actually gave the number of people on the list as being “205″ or “57″. In a later telegram to President Truman, and when entering the speech into the Congressional Record, he used the number 57.

A more serious fictional portrayal of McCarthy played a central role in the 1959 novel The Manchurian Candidate by Richard Condon. The character of Senator John Iselin, a demagogic anti-communist, is closely modeled on McCarthy, even to the varying numbers of Communists he asserts are employed by the federal government. In the 1962 film version, the characterization remains; in this version, a Heinz ketchup bottle inspires Iselin and his wife to settle on “57″ as the number of subversives he claims are on the federal payroll.

Could “57″ actually be another of Obama’s coded references? I think it’s actually quite possible. I believe he’s used code words in at least two of his speeches.

Red Pill on May 23, 2008 at 9:53 PM