The end comes for Hillary

posted at 10:27 pm on May 6, 2008 by Allahpundit

As I write this, she’s been nuked in Carolina and is, er, clinging to a bitter four-point lead in Indiana with 82% in. I said this morning that if she got blown out down south then she’d have to pull off a blowout of her own in the midwest to keep the superdelegates jittery about Obama’s Wright baggage. Hasn’t happened. Take it away, Steve Kornacki:

The North Carolina results do not suggest any significant erosion in Obama’s standing in the state during what has been a very rough few weeks for him.

This alone is enough to derail the Clinton strategy. A win in North Carolina would have been powerful evidence that Democrats are turning on Obama and that the character attacks had rendered him unelectable. A very narrow loss might have helped the Clintons make this case as well. But a landslide defeat?…

North Carolina also essentially locks in Obama’s edge in the popular vote. His margin should undo whatever benefit Clinton reaped from her win in Pennsylvania. No fair and reasonable calculation of the cumulative popular vote at the end of this process will show Clinton ahead. It is now mathematically inconceivable.

Against these realities, the Indiana results almost don’t matter. Obviously, if Obama ends up ahead when all the votes are tallied, the race will end on the spot, and Clinton won’t even have license to pursue meaningless wins in West Virginia and Kentucky. But even if Clinton hangs on, it will be for show.

Slate’s keeping an eye on RCP’s running popular-vote totals and notes that not only will Obama widen his delegate margin tonight, he’ll erase the PV gains she made in Pennsylvania. In fact, as of this moment, even if Florida and Michigan are counted RCP gives her a popular vote lead of just 3,000+ votes — a margin of less than one-tenth of one percent. And that’s assuming that the popular vote totals from the caucuses in Iowa, Washington, Maine, and Nevada (which weren’t reported) aren’t counted at all. If you estimate for those states, he ends up with a lead of more than 100,000. Which means she has nothing left to commend her to the supers except an electabilty argument unsupported by a single key metric or even circumstantial evidence that Pastorgate has done Obama grievous damage at the polls. Are they going to take the nomination from the first serious black candidate for president without any compelling data to hang their decision on? Not a chance. It’s over. Let’s move on.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

No way is it over. Hillary has some aces up her sleeves. She’s a Clinton for crying out loud. She didn’t come this far to lose.

No matter what.

I think she has some as yet discovered dirt on Obama. Wait and see. She’s been counted out before.

Guardian on May 6, 2008 at 11:09 PM

I mean really, if 15% will sit home and let Barack Obama win because they feel that McCain has not offered up his first born or whatever the hell it is he has to do or say for them to vote Republican, then they are just one issue voters and not to be counted on. Besides, 15% of the population do not even list the immigration issue in their top ten concerns.

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Obama will not be President.

You read it right here first.

Typhoon, I sure hope you’re right. Because Obama scares the bejeezus out of me.

4shoes on May 6, 2008 at 11:11 PM

Vyce on May 6, 2008 at 11:03 PM

*Chuckling…*

There aren’t enough of them to matter. McCain cut up Barry with a scalpel today on the issue of judges. And when I saw the “social and economic justice” comeback, I replayed it twice to make sure I read it right. To me that’s Barry’s biggest gaffe yet.

Forget interpreting the law, forget the Consitution, we want judges who make it up as they go along, in order to bring about social and economic justice. This country hasn’t gone anywhere near that far left to buy that line.

And it’s the Hawaii/Harvard/Hyde Park rookie Barry who has no clue that that’s not what this country wants.

Plus, the guy is a freaking wimp. Hell, he’s scared of Bill O’Reilly. He’s scared of Hillary. He’s got a wife who looks mean and says America is mean.

McCain’s going to clean his clock in debates. He’s going to wind up looking like the black Dan Quayle.

Typhoon on May 6, 2008 at 11:12 PM

I’m truly pathetic right now. Wanna bring me some chicken noodle soup?

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Poor little bunny. Only the Brits :)

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Which social con issues was McCain so weak on? His voting record on abortion is perfect. He supported letting scientists use embryos that were slated for destruction for research.
funky chicken on May 6, 2008 at 11:00 PM

See, that’s a fatal mistake. What kind of research? Making medicine out of embryos? So there’s even more reasons for people to abort? “Look at that mean pro-lifer, he HATES people in wheelchairs and wants to deny them a cure!”. No thanks.

And for the record, I think people should vote McCain anyway. Osama in the white house will spell doom for us all.

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Typhoon:

Michelle Obama does look mean. I wondered if I was the only person to notice that.

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 11:14 PM

It’s sad, because Obama will make Neville Chamberlain and Jimmy Carter seem like Churchill. The reflexive Clinton haters here may say what they will, but at least Hillary would have kept up safe. This election becomes much more important.

thuja on May 6, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Barack “Amazing” Obama makes George McGovern look like Barry Goldwater.

indythinker on May 6, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Obama is even scarier when you consider who his handlers are.

Connie on May 6, 2008 at 11:09 PM

funky chicken on May 6, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Typhoon on May 6, 2008 at 11:12 PM

I pray you are right Typhoon. I also prayed we would win in 76, 92 and 96.

Limerick on May 6, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Yeah I don’t think Clinton is going to give up. She’s going to fight biting, scratching and clawing all the way to the convention.

apollyonbob on May 6, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Guardian on May 6, 2008 at 11:09 PM

If she had it she would’ve used it by now.

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 11:16 PM

McCain is not a social liberal. The very idea is absurd. I mean really, this is John McCain we are talking about. He is not exactly a swinger.

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 11:16 PM

You can bank that.

Limerick on May 6, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Darth, it was embryonic stem cells. People doing IVF make tens, sometimes up to a hundred embryos….and then just throw them away once they have gotten their successful pregnancies or failed so much they give up. The argument was that since the “parents” were just gonna thaw them and throw them in the trash, it would be not so awful to study them.

It’s not really about abortion at all, or preservation of life.

funky chicken on May 6, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Roost his chickens!

profitsbeard on May 6, 2008 at 11:06 PM

That’s just funny as hell, right there.

techno_barbarian on May 6, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Michelle Obama does look is mean. I wondered if I was the only person to notice that.

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Needed fixing. This woman will be trouble, much more so than Mrs. Heinz was, and she was plenty.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 11:20 PM

Karl Rove is right, placing Bill behind Hillary was an insane move.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 11:20 PM

On the Mrs looking mean, have you actually listened to her speak? She sounds even meaner than she looks, in a mean/whiny way.

Buford Gooch on May 6, 2008 at 11:21 PM

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 11:13 PM

It’s not really about abortion at all, or preservation of life.

funky chicken on May 6, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Umm, why do IVF embryos not count as life but aborted ones do? At any rate, the “they were just gonna throw them away” argument doesn’t work because in our vision of the future there should be nothing to throw away. It’s like claiming you’re not gonna cook anything and warming up the oven. It makes people distrustful of his position on abortion.

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 11:23 PM

There’s still time for a mysterious illness. . .

- The Cat

MirCat on May 6, 2008 at 11:23 PM

I pray you are right Typhoon. I also prayed we would win in 76, 92 and 96.

Limerick on May 6, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Me too. But the good news is that we’ve got a better candidate now than we had in any of those years. And they’ve got a worse one.

More to the point: What do all those years have in common?

The Dems ran a supposed centrist southern state governor is what. It’s hard to remember but Jimmuh didn’t start letting his America hatred show till way later.

This time they’re running the hardest left candidate they have ever run. Ever. Hell, McGovern was a bomber pilot and the only bombers he ever hung out with were as well.

Thankfully, the Dems have finally saddled up this turkey. Now they have to ride him.

Damn, it may actually be time for some popcorn.

Typhoon on May 6, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Rezko puts up no defense….who is getting indicted as part of the deal? Can we have HOPE, for a CHANGE, that fate will step on Barry O?

When I imagine the slavering hatred of the nutroots — against the Justice Department, against Hillary, against Rezko, against the plea bargain process and primaries in general — it keeps me warm against the AGW chill….

cthulhu on May 6, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Buford Gooch on May 6, 2008 at 11:21 PM

She’s bitter, and it shows. There’s no way she’ll turn into a friendly doll by Nov.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Obama will not be President.

You read it right here first.

Typhoon, I sure hope you’re right. Because Obama scares the bejeezus out of me.

4shoes on May 6, 2008 at 11:11 PM

time to start praying…

homesickamerican on May 6, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Well, as bitter as the Mrs. is, shouldn’t she be clinging to guns and xenophobia, along with clinging to the TUCC? I can just imagine the woman with a gun (Shudder).

Buford Gooch on May 6, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 11:23 PM

1. Embryos from IVF are only a few cells in size.
2. Those cells were frozen down in liquid nitrogen for later “use.”
3. They were going to be tossed away like trash, so why not study them first?
4. Full disclosure–I find the whole IVF process creepy….making 100 embryos, implanting 8 at a time….uh, well, creepy.
5. Implantation and development into a being with multiple functioning organs vs a clump of 32 cells….very, very different subject.

funky chicken on May 6, 2008 at 11:30 PM

But its the process that counts

EricPWJohnson on May 6, 2008 at 11:30 PM

If she had it she would’ve used it by now.

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Heh. Wait and see. If not dirt there will be a mysterious plane crash, suicide, or other accident.

Guardian on May 6, 2008 at 11:30 PM

McCain will mince Obie in the debates. Obs has had it easy, foisting his usual “change” bullcrap without having to actually give a substantive answer.

I look forward to hearing him fall all over himself trying to explain his position on the Iraq war; either he alienates everyone or he alienates his base and without either he is done.

Bishop on May 6, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Expect the knives to come out before the end of the week. The Clintonistas really scare the hell out of me. But then again we may be witnessing the beginning of the formation of two new political parties. Extreme left and black oriented. The other whiteish with heavy lesbonic influences. And McCain is not exciting his folks either. Maybe we are becoming Italy.

JonRoss on May 6, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Guardian on May 6, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Stupid. Take it elsewhere.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Typhoon’s comment from earlier:

Obama will not be President.

You read it right here first.

Did anyone else catch his reply to McCacin’s excellent speech about judges today? He said that judges in the US should promote “social and economic justice.”

Not even the code words and tripe about extremist conservative activist judges and other happy crappy leftists usually use to hide their agenda. “Social and economic justice.”

Damn, I hope you’re right Typhoon. And if any of you have friends who own property in Forsyth County, GA….call them and tell them to sell ASAP if Obama becomes POTUS.

Google Forsyth County Jaspin property to see what I mean.

funky chicken on May 6, 2008 at 11:34 PM

Typhoon on May 6, 2008 at 11:23 PM

True…but the vogue (at the time of Carter) was Joseph Heller. Catch 22 was based on McGovern’s outfit. Obama’s strength is the boomers who don’t want their grandkids playing Billy Pligram or Yossarian. They all believe the trash that Catch 22 and Slaughterhouse Five contained. War is for idiots yada yada yada. Obama learned his geopolitics in the same way by learning that American bomber pilots kill women and children for profits.

Limerick on May 6, 2008 at 11:34 PM

1. Embryos from IVF are only a few cells in size.
funky chicken on May 6, 2008 at 11:30 PM

One cell is one too many for abortion. And I assure you I’m far from alone on this. I don’t base my pro-life position on the existance of any organ and neither does virtually any pro-lifer I know.

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 11:35 PM

“Extreme left and black oriented. The other whiteish with heavy lesbonic influences.”JonRoss on May 6, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Or one big Rosie Odonnell…

Saltysam on May 6, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Typhoon on May 6, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Amen. Your keyboard to God’s inbox.

McCain’s gonna eat Puffy McHopenChange for lunch in the debates, the November election is not going to be a caucus, and for every voter who is black or a ultra-liberal Uni professor, there are a buttload of voters who aren’t.

Sekhmet on May 6, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Stupid. Take it elsewhere.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Now now, I thought the link was funny. I love paranoia.

Stuff like this just warms my heart.

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 11:38 PM

Todd and Matthews think Hillary’s going for the VP ticket.

MSNBC just dropped another six points for “dreaming journalist” dereliction or color me densely missunderstanding egos’.

Rovin on May 6, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Hillary seemed rather subdued and resigned in her speech tonight. She was probably, and rightfully so, seething at Lake County democrat party leaders. If she win the nomination Chicago and Lake County, IN better watch out! Payback is a bitch!

SouthernGent on May 6, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Oh come on. I thought it was funny.:)

Guardian on May 6, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Oh come on. I thought it was funny.:)

Guardian on May 6, 2008 at 11:40 PM

I thought so too. And maybe even profitable if any of the poor victims of the unfortunate accidents had any Gold in their teeth. I would be so grateful and would always include them in my prayers.

Tuco on May 6, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Anyone who carried mischief and effected the democratic party’s process will have to live with it for the rest of their lives………..Matthews (two seconds ago) Chaos anyone?

ROTFLMAF

Rovin on May 6, 2008 at 11:47 PM

Lake County, IN now reporting. Blowout for Obama percentage-wise…will it be enough. And maybe Union County, IN was waiting for the Chicago/Lake County shenanigans to report to offset whatever they can.

SouthernGent on May 6, 2008 at 11:48 PM

Rovin on May 6, 2008 at 11:47 PM

Let the blockhead squirm. I doubt any conservative participant is losing sleep over it.

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 11:49 PM

Hillary by only 2%! in IN.

AnthonyK on May 6, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Rovin on May 6, 2008 at 11:47 PM

I’ve been living with it since the Texas primary. Damn hard to sle……zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Limerick on May 6, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Hillary’s lead is down to 20,000, and Gary’s votes are still unaccounted for. Obama might take Indiana.

forest on May 6, 2008 at 11:51 PM

The democratic party? Never heard of it, I know of the democrat party though.

Bishop on May 6, 2008 at 11:52 PM

CNN saying all of the Lake Couny numbers are from Gary, IN itself.

SouthernGent on May 6, 2008 at 11:52 PM

WOW! This is Great stuff! CBS? What will that do for the franchise?! lol

AnthonyK on May 6, 2008 at 11:53 PM

Guardian and Darth, you too Tuco, I’m just trying to save you from being banned.

I have a great sense of humor, even a morbid one, and I’m fascinated by all sorts of weird topics…however, death on the candidates is not something to contemplate, no matter who they are. Just my zero cents…do your thing…I for one like having you here.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 11:54 PM

I like the running updates, they keep me up to date on which sideshow freak McCain will face in November.

Bishop on May 6, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Union County is still out, too…maybe 1,000 vote for Hillary there….?

SouthernGent on May 6, 2008 at 11:55 PM

CNN saying all of the Lake Couny numbers are from Gary, IN itself.

SouthernGent on May 6, 2008 at 11:52 PM

All the votes that have been counted thus far from Lake County are all from the City? If so, Hillary will probably hang on, I guess.

forest on May 6, 2008 at 11:56 PM

As someone said, Hillary might also be waiting on the outside longshot chance that Tony Rezko accepts a last-minute pre-verdict plea deal, and then has to outline everything he’s ever done. Very long odds, but possible.

RBMN on May 6, 2008 at 11:56 PM

OMG! What a night! Obama may just pull Indiana into the win column.

Bill looked very, very tired and defeated tonight, standing behind the wife for her speech. He knows it’s over.

Screen door/backside, etc.

TeeDee on May 6, 2008 at 11:56 PM

forest on May 6, 2008 at 11:56 PM

That’s what Mr. King was insinuating on CNN…just a matter of how much the margin will be…and he also noted Union County, IN is still out.

SouthernGent on May 6, 2008 at 11:57 PM

Guardian and Darth

Heed Miss E. She is the Servilia of our time. (and Miss E I hope you take that in a good way ;)

Limerick on May 6, 2008 at 11:58 PM

Heck if IN goes for Obama, CBS might as well close their doors and FOX will look very balanced and sane, as they never called it for anyone.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 11:58 PM

WOW! This is Great stuff! CBS? What will that do for the franchise?! lol

AnthonyK on May 6, 2008 at 11:53 PM

Mrs. Clinton and CBS going down in flames on the same night is the stuff made for Hollywood. Move over Speilberg.

Rovin on May 6, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Still a few precincts left in Hillary-dominated counties, too. I think she’ll hang on. Barely.

SouthernGent on May 6, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Limerick, dearest, you can call me anything. Hugs. I’m still thinking of you :( I have two shelties btw.

Entelechy on May 7, 2008 at 12:00 AM

Entelechy on May 7, 2008 at 12:00 AM

Alls in order. She is next to her brother and we have three others to fret over already. Nuff of that. ;)

Limerick on May 7, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Guardian, I thought you were serious too. I was all set to give you the Snopes link. What the heck:

Rosmerta on May 7, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Hillary will continue the fight, if for no other reason than to follow the polls, fools errand or not.

Bishop on May 7, 2008 at 12:03 AM

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 11:54 PM

Tuco been bad. But whenever there may be Gold involved Tuco can not be held responsible for whatever that causes Tuco to do.

Tuco on May 7, 2008 at 12:03 AM

Michael Barone suggests voter fraud in Lake County! This will only steel Hillary to carry on!

SouthernGent on May 7, 2008 at 12:04 AM

…and sorry, Guardian, it’s just that I get this kind of stuff from one of my cousins all the time, so it’s still making the rounds, I guess! :0

Rosmerta on May 7, 2008 at 12:04 AM

This reminds me, yet again, of something I wrote in my blog a while back. If the Clintons are out, the machine isn’t gonna work like it did in ’06. Mark my words.

These publicists, donors, etc. got promised a lot back, say, in 2003 when Hillary wasn’t officially a candidate, and coming to an “understanding” wasn’t necessarily soliciting a bribe. In 2008, asking the Obama campaign to honor the Clintons’ promises can’t happen. So quietly, expect a lot more “Don’t call us, we’ll call you” and “We’ve given your account over to our new intern” to the Dems from what they counted on as their publicity machine.

Sekhmet on May 7, 2008 at 12:06 AM

The scariest thought: has Jeremiah Wright actually helped Obama beat Hillary?

WisCon on May 7, 2008 at 12:06 AM

My God, do you want the Democrats to win just so you can blame McCain?

No, I want the Democrats to win so McCain will lose. I’ll blame people like you for John McCain being allowed to run in the first place.

McCain is courting democrat support. As one poster said, he’ll have more legislation with Democrats than he will with Republicans. And it will be very bad legislation. Genius John McCain and his global warming bill he sponsored with Joe Lieberman in the middle of record gas prices; Slimy John mcCain and his backroom amnesty with Ted Kennedy. No, I’d rather see the GOP minority in Congress unite against a Dem President than follow a Lib GOP President over a cliff. Don’t worry thought terrye; I’m sure the GOP will run other horrible candidates you can follow lemming-like into oblivion..Mike Huckabee for example will probably run more times than William Jennings Bryant.
As much as I hate to say it though, McCain will probably beat Obama. Well, I’ll still be able to say ‘I told you so’ and ‘Thanks a lot’ for the next 4 years to all the rabid McCainiacs. Any of you guys catch his historic speech to La Raza? Any quotables or was it all in Spanish? Did he tell the bigots to shut up again, or just promise to have us shot on sight? Start celebrating guys. You’re going to win in November..and the entire country is going to lose..it’ll make the media happy though. I’m sure it galls them to have to continually report that Jimmy Carter is the worst President in the last century. McCain will be able to shoulder that burden for them, possibly in the first 2 years of his term.

austinnelly on May 7, 2008 at 12:07 AM

Sekhmet on May 7, 2008 at 12:06 AM

But how goes NY? That is the question that wakes me. Will she be the new Teddy?

Limerick on May 7, 2008 at 12:08 AM

austinnelly on May 7, 2008 at 12:07 AM

I love America too much to wish an Obama Presidency on Her.

Sekhmet on May 7, 2008 at 12:09 AM

Typhoon on May 6, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Umm, FOUR words says he didn’t… Gang of Fourteen (and many of us conservatives who will NOT vote for McCain don’t forget it).

TOPV on May 7, 2008 at 12:12 AM

But how goes NY? That is the question that wakes me. Will she be the new Teddy?

Limerick on May 7, 2008 at 12:08 AM

Good question. If Obamajebus is the nominee, I wonder if NY will go McCain. If it does, I see the GOP breaking out the champagne right then and there.

Sekhmet on May 7, 2008 at 12:12 AM

Guy from Hammond, IN (in Lake County) says Hillary won Hammond by 600 votes. He seems very….perplexed…at the delay by Lake County.

SouthernGent on May 7, 2008 at 12:16 AM

Sekhmet on May 7, 2008 at 12:12 AM

You can’t count on CA. Maybe FL and OH. It all depends on how many rocks McCain and Obama trip over between now and November. The south will go red. I fear that that is all he will take. Even AZ is an issue. Gore redux? With the condo crowd CO and VA are up for grabs. I give us a 40/60 split as it stands. That means judges from SF and Richardson diplomacy.

Anyway, enuf pronostication from Stoli and cranberry.

Nite all.

Limerick on May 7, 2008 at 12:22 AM

After Obama gets trounced in the polls come November, Hillary will give a loud donkey bray and say, “I told you so.” Then she’ll run in 2012. Of course, the world ends in 2012. Coincidence? You be the judge.

NNtrancer on May 7, 2008 at 12:22 AM

sorry stoli fingers, as usual, prognostication. Whatever that means.

Allah’s teeth hurt because of me.

Limerick on May 7, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Yeah of course Wright helped beat Hillary. Blacks turned out in historic proportions. Which also highlights btw the very thin amount of Whites left in the Democratic Party. Most in IN are Republicans. They can’t vote in the Primary.

With race-baiting Rev. Wright, Farrakhan, Good ole “Flag Stomp” Bill Ayers and gosh knows what else in the wings, we’re looking at a realignment based on race in politics. Obama’s “gift” to the Democratic Party.

Hillary’s play is to dig out whatever dirt she wanted to hold back, and dump it. Now. Make the nominee, Obama, the dead-certain cinch nominee, a boat anchor for the party. Not just dragging down to defeat the Presidential election, but others as well. Reverse coat-tails.

McCain’s a RINO and I don’t like him, but he’s better than Che-lite Obama. And he’ll beat him too. You can’t have a coalition of working/middle class Whites and Wright/Farrakhan/Ayers. Which is what Obama is.

whiskey_199 on May 7, 2008 at 12:29 AM

TOPV on May 7, 2008 at 12:12 AM

But he still has voted for every conservative judge that President Bush has put up. And the Gang of 14 may save us from a Ginsburg times 10, if Obama or Clinton are elected. Are you really convinced that McCain’s judges won’t be any better then Obama or Clinton?

Complete7 on May 7, 2008 at 12:32 AM

I love America too much to wish an Obama Presidency on Her.

Sekhmet on May 7, 2008 at 12:09 AM

Very nice. Deserves framing. Post it often, please.

Entelechy on May 7, 2008 at 12:44 AM

The end comes..

ala
Nixon

“You won’t have Crusty to kick around anymore!”

normsrevenge on May 7, 2008 at 1:01 AM

Maybe her strategy is to ensure Obama can’t win in November by beating up on him long after she knew she couldn’t win. That would ensure her ability to resume the campaign in 2012.

NNtrancer on May 7, 2008 at 1:01 AM

NNtrancer on May 7, 2008 at 1:01 AM

The chances now are that Obama will pick a more conservative VP than McCain.

I long for 2000, when elections . and electorates – were less stupid. Maybe 7 years of war has everyone’s brains just fried.

Halley on May 7, 2008 at 1:07 AM

The chances now are that Obama will pick a more conservative VP than McCain.
Halley on May 7, 2008 at 1:07 AM

If Obama reads polls he won’t. Right of McCain is not the popular flavor this year. That’s what the poll numbers say.

RBMN on May 7, 2008 at 1:17 AM

Obama only win Lake County by 10% after getting all the free media from Chicago(Him being a neighboring Senator and lots of people in NW Indiana are from Illinois), also he spent some time there playing basketball trying to get out the vote..

Only winning by 10% in Lake County? And LOSING THE STATE?

Especially after so many people have been moving into Indiana from illinois over the past 10 years, this can be seen as a rebuke of Obama.. he should have won easily.

BTW, I’m from NW Indiana I know the demographics.

Chakra Hammer on May 7, 2008 at 2:27 AM

The chances now are that Obama will pick a more conservative VP than McCain.

Halley on May 7, 2008 at 1:07 AM

People do not vote for Vice Presidents..

Chakra Hammer on May 7, 2008 at 2:30 AM

austinnelly on May 7, 2008 at 12:07 AM

Thankfully, there are those like myself who will do everything in their power to prevent you and your ilk from ruining this country with your childish spite.

Vyce on May 7, 2008 at 3:21 AM

The End comes for Obama too.

Eventually.

Fox News has cross-tabs, exit polls, as usual better than CNN’s junk.

Hillary KILLED Obama among Catholics (60-40%) and nearly as much in Union Voters. “Reagan Democrats” in other words. Also killed around 60-40 for lower income, no college, etc. White men went 58-42 for Hillary over Obama. Saw Hillary leads in voters over 40. White Women went 60-40 Hillary/Obama. White Dems went around the same for Hillary over Obama.

Obama has BIG BIG BIG problems with White voters, Catholics (who in IN are probably mostly Italian, German, Irish, Poles, etc.), Union members, and people who make more than 15K but less than 30K a year.

whiskey_199 on May 7, 2008 at 3:40 AM

Parsing the exit polls in IN, it looks like a huge turnout among College Kids and blacks got IN close for Obama.

that’s not a November winning formula to my mind. Though Axelrod may think differently.

whiskey_199 on May 7, 2008 at 3:42 AM

Against these realities, the Indiana results almost don’t matter.

Florida don’t matter, Michigan don’t matter, California don’t matter, New York don’t matter, Pennsylvania don’t matter, Ohio don’t matter, Indiana don’t matter..

>:D

As a Republican i’m feeling pretty giddy..

Chakra Hammer on May 7, 2008 at 3:53 AM

Whenever he gets rejected it doesn’t matter..

Chakra Hammer on May 7, 2008 at 3:57 AM

I’m not very sure that “the popular vote” matters in this Democratic Party. …Particularly so in N.C., where – what – 94% of non-free-thinking blacks voted for the candidate of hue….

For all the “talk,” it will be – as designed – the Superdelegates who choose.

It’s not “over.”

Lockstein13 on May 7, 2008 at 5:16 AM

The signalman for the msm made the call tonite and there will be no more truth about barry o. They will now rally around him and bury any kind of dirt that comes out about him. It’s saint barry from here on out.

peacenprosperity on May 7, 2008 at 5:22 AM

JP sed:

President Obama, 55 seats in Senate, increased Majority in House…atleast 2 SCOTUS nominees.

Will we survive?

It’s doubtful our nation will survive with the slate of leftists for us to choose from; take your pick: Fast poison (Obama, Clinton) or McCain (slower poison).

The duplicitous liberal media is able to convince the uneducated masses that voting for their hand-picked Marxists Clinton or Obama is a “good thing”.

When our economy finally collapses under the weight of all its spending (as per plan) and enters a deep depression, the rest of the world’s economy will tank also… we will then see the rise of a “one world government” (biblical prophecy fulfilled). All of the liberal leftists will be having giant, simultaneous orgasms because finally, the USA is rendered toothless and neutered and that everyone on the globe is now “equal” (except for the ruling elite, of course).

Decorum prohibits me from using the adjectives that I would like to use for each and every leftist liberal scum out there.

electric-rascal on May 7, 2008 at 5:56 AM