The end comes for Hillary

posted at 10:27 pm on May 6, 2008 by Allahpundit

As I write this, she’s been nuked in Carolina and is, er, clinging to a bitter four-point lead in Indiana with 82% in. I said this morning that if she got blown out down south then she’d have to pull off a blowout of her own in the midwest to keep the superdelegates jittery about Obama’s Wright baggage. Hasn’t happened. Take it away, Steve Kornacki:

This alone is enough to derail the Clinton strategy. A win in North Carolina would have been powerful evidence that Democrats are turning on Obama and that the character attacks had rendered him unelectable. A very narrow loss might have helped the Clintons make this case as well. But a landslide defeat?…

North Carolina also essentially locks in Obama’s edge in the popular vote. His margin should undo whatever benefit Clinton reaped from her win in Pennsylvania. No fair and reasonable calculation of the cumulative popular vote at the end of this process will show Clinton ahead. It is now mathematically inconceivable.

Against these realities, the Indiana results almost don’t matter. Obviously, if Obama ends up ahead when all the votes are tallied, the race will end on the spot, and Clinton won’t even have license to pursue meaningless wins in West Virginia and Kentucky. But even if Clinton hangs on, it will be for show.

Slate’s keeping an eye on RCP’s running popular-vote totals and notes that not only will Obama widen his delegate margin tonight, he’ll erase the PV gains she made in Pennsylvania. In fact, as of this moment, even if Florida and Michigan are counted RCP gives her a popular vote lead of just 3,000+ votes — a margin of less than one-tenth of one percent. And that’s assuming that the popular vote totals from the caucuses in Iowa, Washington, Maine, and Nevada (which weren’t reported) aren’t counted at all. If you estimate for those states, he ends up with a lead of more than 100,000. Which means she has nothing left to commend her to the supers except an electabilty argument unsupported by a single key metric or even circumstantial evidence that Pastorgate has done Obama grievous damage at the polls. Are they going to take the nomination from the first serious black candidate for president without any compelling data to hang their decision on? Not a chance. It’s over. Let’s move on.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

First?

SlimyBill on May 6, 2008 at 10:30 PM

“Well, you just know why Obama won in North Carolina, don’cha?”

/Channeling BJ Clinton, the first “Black” POTUS

dmh0667 on May 6, 2008 at 10:31 PM

She just has to keep the supers from deciding for a couple weeks until she can get her mojo back.

BadgerHawk on May 6, 2008 at 10:32 PM

Obama v. McCain it is.

Badger in KC on May 6, 2008 at 10:32 PM

So it’s Obama, then._
_
_
As my uncle used to say: “Well **** me three times and call me ‘Lorraine’.

SlimyBill on May 6, 2008 at 10:32 PM

Okay…..

So if it is true that this is the “end” for Hillary, who tells her that?

Seriously, I hate the woman but she has a point about where her wins have come compared to Obama. She is still a viable candidate. Why should she drop out at this point?

highhopes on May 6, 2008 at 10:32 PM

Fine. Bring it on Barry. Bring it on.

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 10:33 PM

She ain’t leaving until she creams him in West Virginia and Ketucky next week.

EJDolbow on May 6, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Poor scarecrow.

Travis1 on May 6, 2008 at 10:33 PM

It’s over. Let’s move on.

Well, then when does she officially leave?

terryannonline on May 6, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Been over for a while. Can Barry be stopped? We’ll see.

Dash on May 6, 2008 at 10:34 PM

I don’t think it is about channeling Bill. The African American voters went about 93% for Obama in North Carolina from what I hear. This is so polarized it is not funny. Not funny at all.

The problem the Democrats will have is that Obama will still have a very difficult time carrying states like Indiana and Ohio. The black vote will not be such a huge issue in a general and the truth is Hillary carried the majority of the whites. I don’t see any way this can end well.

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 10:35 PM

*Grin…*

At long, long last…

Ding dong…

Typhoon on May 6, 2008 at 10:36 PM

So, what’s the chance of McCain being as harsh on Barry as he was on Romney? I’m guessing 10%. Anyone else got a guess?

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 10:36 PM

She might not be able to win, but she’ll continue her fight.

amerpundit on May 6, 2008 at 10:37 PM

What if she stays in and wins W. Va and Kentucky?

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 10:37 PM

AP dude, no offense but you told me she was over a few weeks ago too and look how that turned out.

At any rate, what I learned so far is what I always knew deep inside but still dared to, err, hope wasn’t true: Obama is invincible. Short of a truly major scandal that involves him personally he’ll go throgh McCain like Kennedy through a wine cellar.

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 10:38 PM

My Lord. Bill is beet red standing behind Hillary at the speech. I mean beet red. I wonder if there are any cute campaign staffers on hand at the rally. AND SHES GOING ON!!!!

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Hillary just said she is going “full speed to the White House.”

EJDolbow on May 6, 2008 at 10:39 PM

She just said “It’s full speed to the White House”. Her team has obviously not read this thread yet.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Why do you say that?

terryannonline on May 6, 2008 at 10:40 PM

The way Bill looks at her, you’d think he’s yet to deflower her.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:40 PM

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 10:36 PM

McCain likes Democrats a lot more than he likes Republicans.
I suspect he might have his name on more legislation with Dems than he does Republicans.

EJDolbow on May 6, 2008 at 10:41 PM

First HillaryClinton.com

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:41 PM

No tears.

CP on May 6, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Is it time guys and gals….?

???

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Finally we get the one on one (I hope). Robert Graves called this election’s dynamics in 1934 when he wrote…

‘Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud come out!’

Well said, Claudius. Let the games begin.

Limerick on May 6, 2008 at 10:43 PM

What amazes me most is that even after the Wright debacle, the Black vote was still 90%+ for Obama.

I mean, I could not get 90% of my freinds to aggree on what color the SKY is… let alone a Contraversial Presidential Candidate.

I find the identity politics disturbing.

Romeo13 on May 6, 2008 at 10:43 PM

The fact that Obambam is having this much trouble putting away a challenger in the Democratic primary means he will have even more trouble in the general. He’s going to have to throw a lot more people under the bus to have appeal to independents.

pedestrian on May 6, 2008 at 10:44 PM

That “Obama wins NC: Fox News: Indiana too close to call” is spoofy.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:44 PM

Good luck Allahpundit. Hillary has not yet begun to fight!

BKennedy on May 6, 2008 at 10:44 PM

If Obama got 93% of the Black vote, and the Black vote was 33% of the total vote (North Carolina), that means he started with slightly over 30% of the total vote. It looks like he will get about 55% of the total. That means he only gets about 38% of the white vote. This is not good math for Barry O. in the general election.

Buford Gooch on May 6, 2008 at 10:44 PM

COME ON Lake County!!!! Decide the democrat primary race FOR SURE and make history!!! :)

AnthonyK on May 6, 2008 at 10:45 PM

EJ:

I don’t think McCain likes Democrats more than he likes Republicans. However, considering the amount of incessant bithchng and moaning some sore losers are doing where he is concerned…I am beginning to think that maybe they do like Democrats more than Republicans.

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 10:46 PM

120 million since they left and she stands against the “wealthy”, and for the poor and the working. Wow.

We need a champion, and we got her. I sense her motherly love for all of us.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:47 PM

It’s unofficially over, but she’ll stay. Be it ego, the hope that Obama succumbs to a candidacy-killing scandal, or as leverage for a VP or other appointment, she’ll definitely go on to WV and KY. And why not? One normally quits after a defining loss; she lost NC but won Illinois and will likely win KY and WV.

All the while generating more animousity between the Clinton and Obama camps.

Hollowpoint on May 6, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Buford:

That is what I was thinking.

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 10:47 PM

She’s now into lalaland “how intense”…now she’s beginning to concede “I will work hard” – she’ll work for McCain to win, not officially, of course.

All of a sudden she’s pro Soldiers. By Nov. Obama will be for the war, watch.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:49 PM

At any rate, what I learned so far is what I always knew deep inside but still dared to, err, hope wasn’t true: Obama is invincible. Short of a truly major scandal that involves him personally he’ll go through McCain like Kennedy through a wine cellar.

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 10:38 PM

Read this post.

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 10:35 PM

He/She makes a good point. I’m going to stick with it…so I can sleep soundly tonight.

Vigilante on May 6, 2008 at 10:49 PM

The future was unlimited in this countrty, until Bush 43 took over.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:49 PM

Let’s move on.

Let’s not.

Recreate ’68.

Valiant on May 6, 2008 at 10:49 PM

…in this country…don’t get too excited, E

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:50 PM

President Obama, 55 seats in Senate, increased Majority in House…atleast 2 SCOTUS nominees.

Will we survive?

jp on May 6, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Wouldn’t it be strange if while she speaks, Fox would announce that she lost IN? Let’s hope not.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM

The future was is unlimited in this countrty, until because Bush 43 took over.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:49 PM

You think Algore or Waffles wouldn’t have sunk us a bit?

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM

It’s over. Let’s move on.

Who the hell is this “us”?

Jaibones on May 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM

She called it Burma, not Myanmar – GOOD!!!

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Can you name a single Democrat Senator he called “chicken $hit?”

Rick Santorum said it was often John McCain who gave Republicans in the Senate the most trouble with social issues legislation. He said McCain could never be counted on and he was often leading the charge against them.

Listen Terrye, the animosity against McCain by Conservatives was not pulled out of the air, McCain earned it through his actions and his words against us.

EJDolbow on May 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Why do you say that?

terryannonline on May 6, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Because if being associated with an extremist psychopath and talking about voters from your perceived throne in heaven won’t kill you, nothing will. Plus, he has most of the media in his pocket. CNN and NBC spin for him like an Iranian centrifuge. NBC doesn’t really matter but CNN turned my formerly moderate father into a Bush hating, Obama worshipping zombie, and for all his faults, my father isn’t exactly stupid. With the media on his side, the perceived Republican failures over the last few years and his incredible manipulation skills McCain’s gonna have a very, very rough time.

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Only affirmative action can save her now. That’s when the person with the right plumbing gets the job, even when she loses the contest.

She obviously opposes it now when her ass is on the line for the job. Obama should get a 5% cushion like he would on a contract bid. She needs to bow out now.

roninacreage on May 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Hillary will kneecap Obama between now and the Dem convention.

I am positive it will happen. I’m not sure how. Maybe she will get Rezco to talk in return for a sentence commutation or pardon. Is this the reason the defense rested??

Never count the Clintons out. This won’t be over until a cold body is found.

AZCON on May 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM

I do not think Obama will go through McCain that easily. It is way too early to tell, but Obama has some really high negatives. I can remember when people thought Dukakis was unbeatable.

6 months is an eternity in politics.

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 10:52 PM

No moving on! I’m going to her website and donating. This must keep going.

jukin on May 6, 2008 at 10:52 PM

VolMagic, I’m writing what she says – it’s not what I believe about our country, not tonight, anyway.

Oh, she enjoys seeing her husband again. How adorable!

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:52 PM

I say Obama gets his ass kicked in the general election.

ahem on May 6, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Barack “Amazing” Obama makes George McGovern look like Barry Goldwater.

indythinker on May 6, 2008 at 10:53 PM

I agree. I know it’s too early to tell but I have a feeling it is going to be a close race.

terryannonline on May 6, 2008 at 10:53 PM

At the risk of sounding, well, like a buffoon, I will state that Bush 43 will be recognized as at least a near great President. I don’t care much for him, voted against him in the primary, but voted for him in the general. But, the Bush doctrine is the only thing standing in the way of the Islamo-fascists, and that will prove to have been a major turning point in history.

Buford Gooch on May 6, 2008 at 10:53 PM

No moving on! I’m going to her website and donating. This must keep going.

jukin on May 6, 2008 at 10:52 PM

Is it time guys and gals….?

???

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Operation Chaos squared?

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 10:53 PM

It’s over. Let’s move on.

It’s been over for months. “Move on”? Hell, no…I want her to stay in this until the convention.

She’s like a stone in your shoe…the longer she sticks around, the more annoyed everyone gets and makes it that less likely the Dems can unite around Obama. Plus she’s going to end up as a pariah and take her husband with her.

Go Hillary!

Asher on May 6, 2008 at 10:54 PM

McCain likes Democrats a lot more than he likes Republicans.

EJDolbow on May 6, 2008 at 10:41 PM

IIRC, based on recent performance, the split’s 60/40 in favor of Republicans.

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 10:54 PM

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:52 PM

Ahh, gotcha.

Can’t tell, there are some here who do suffer from some BDS. Glad you’re not one of em!

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Darth, this is by far not over. I’m not betting, not yet, not even one dollar. Much more to happen btw. now and Nov.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Darth:

And then you have my brother, a guy who was never really a big Bush fan, but who thinks that Obama is scary in a weird why do they chant cult like way.

I think that God Damn America thing will follow Obama.

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Tonight showed that Obama’s voters aren’t going to desert their candidate, but as long as there’s a possibility of another PR disaster really scaring the superdelegates into believing that not only would Barak’s nomination be a sure-loser in November, but he’ll take some of them down with him, Hillary’s not getting out of the race.

She might even take the Michigan and Florida delegate battle to court, if it means extending the clock a little bit longer. So other than a total bomb out in the final primaries and/or a serious threat by Democratic Party leaders to cut the Clintons off from any future soucres of easy cash through speaking fees, book deals, positions on corporate boards, etc., Hillary’s in this at least through the start of summer.

jon1979 on May 6, 2008 at 10:56 PM

VolMagic, I suffer of some afflictions, quite a few actually, but BDS is not one of them. He’s lost me on quite a few items, but the alternative is Kerry. Puke.

Her speech was meaningless. Almost a zero.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Buford:

I happen to agree with you.

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 10:57 PM

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Cranky old bastard versus young JFK wannabe. The Democrats dream ticket brought to you by idiot Republicans who decided 2008 was the year to drive social conservatives and evangelicals out of the party.

highhopes on May 6, 2008 at 10:58 PM

I have to say, I think Hillary has a point with Michigan and Florida. How can they pick a nominee without including any delegates from two states?

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Obama will not be President.

You read it right here first.

Did anyone else catch his reply to McCacin’s excellent speech about judges today? He said that judges in the US should promote “social and economic justice.”

Not even the code words and tripe about extremist conservative activist judges and other happy crappy leftists usually use to hide their agenda. “Social and economic justice.”

I also Bill Kristol just completely missing the point earlier and saying that the longer the Dem race went on the more likely it would become that Barry needed to put Hillary on the ticket.

But of course he never did, because her votes aren’t for her, they’re against him.

McCain is not Bob Dole. He’s a seasoned pro and gives me every indication that he’s going to run a very savvy campaign.

Barry Obama, meanwhile, is a rookie. A rookie who has no freaking clue about life in the vast reaches of flyover country America.

My wager is it will not even be close.

Typhoon on May 6, 2008 at 10:59 PM

I suffer of some afflictions, quite a few actually

Me too. I got this aweful case the man cold!

I’m truly pathetic right now. Wanna bring me some chicken noodle soup?

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Fine. Bring it on Barry. Bring it on.

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Ditto!

As my one conservative friend at work says. “We’ll mop the room with him”

McCain will not do much, but his so called “Campaign Reform” bill will allow the 527′s to bitch slap Mr. O with the truth.

Bring It On!

PS – If we loose, who’s with me to Fiji?

lsutiger on May 6, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM

I agree. The media are gonna publish all kinds of crazy stuff about McCain too, and dig up disgruntled hacks like former Senator Bob Smith and other Ted Sampley acolytes to tell them stories about how AWFUL McCain is to “True Conservatives” to try to suppress the GOP vote as well….which raving MDS folks will slurp right up.

Which social con issues was McCain so weak on? His voting record on abortion is perfect. He supported letting scientists use embryos that were slated for destruction for research. He opposed therapeutic cloning and creating embryos just for experiments.

I don’t see McCain as a real swinging supporter of gay marriage, or of legalized prostitution as federal decree, or of legalizing crack and methamphetamine…..

What are these social con issues that McCain is so opposed to?

funky chicken on May 6, 2008 at 11:00 PM

What is this MYTH that some of you are perpetuating regarding Obama, that he’s invincible?

Obama’s having a hard enough time putting Hillary away to secure the Dem nomination. He’s having problems with his own party, outside of younger voters and – yes – blacks.

If these past few weeks have shown me anything, it’s that Barry O is a seriously flawed candidate, that’s only going to continue to make missteps, and if he does manage to be the nominee, he’s going to be easier to beat than I had previously thought. He could still win the White House, but it will NOT be an easy fight. If he does win, it’s going to be remarkably close.

Vyce on May 6, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Will we survive?

jp on May 6, 2008 at 10:50 PM

We’ll see. One thing’s for sure though; we will not remain unchanged. That’s the important thing after all. Right? Everything is made to be ‘fair’ except to those that are forced to foot the bills. /sarc

Individual effort and merit be damned, I suppose is the message they’re trying to send. I knew I should’ve learned to become a professional slacker rather than constantly working hard for my independence.

techno_barbarian on May 6, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Do you think Wolf Blitzer or Jack Cafferty on CNN’s Situation Room had anything to do with your dad’s brainwashing?

Travis1 on May 6, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Barack the magic negro will lose 40 states if he’s the nominee.

roninacreage on May 6, 2008 at 11:02 PM

What AZCON said.

Rightwingsparkle on May 6, 2008 at 11:02 PM

highhopes:

That is ridiculous. McCain is the only Republican out there that the Democrats are even a little afraid of. And no one ran the social cons and evangelicals from the party. They had the same chance everyone else did to get their guy nominated. They lost. I would have supported Romney or whoever got the nomination without all this whining. I wish some other people would do the same. My God, do you want the Democrats to win just so you can blame McCain?

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 11:02 PM

The way Bill looks at her, you’d think he’s yet to deflower her.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Hoe hoe hoe.

Patrick S on May 6, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Obama will not be President.

You read it right here first.

Typhoon on May 6, 2008 at 10:59 PM

I’ll say this: at this point, I think the only way Obama becomes President is if Republicans put him there.

Not necessarily by voting for him, but by being whiners who refuse to vote for McCain out of spite.

Vyce on May 6, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Fred Thompson

He punches hippies.

VolMagic on May 6, 2008 at 11:03 PM

CNN and MSLSD should be on everyones blocked channel list.

For everyones own protection.

roninacreage on May 6, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Terrye,

I respect your choice on immigration. What irks the hell out of me is that you refuse to see that McCain has-to-have the fence crowd. I am NOT against McCain. He isn’t my pick, but I’m not a sore loser. What I am is practical. For McCain to throw away 15% of the Republican vote to gain 5% of the latino vote is madness.

Obama could wear a Che t-shirt to every presidential debate and McCain would still need the fence crowd to help pull him past the line. You can discount the disparity of the registrations all you want, but you will never get them to balance to the 3-1 margin the Dems currently hold. Obama is going to go to the White House with a mandate, and he will use it. For McCain to risk that, in support of illegal immigration, speaks more against his viability as a candidate then I, or others on the law-and-order side, ever will. Blame McCain for the loss in November. Don’t blame the fence builders.

Limerick on May 6, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Eh, there is still Ayers yet to deal with and for some reason it seems the guy has been kept in the background, so to say.

McCain may not feel like attacking Obama but the RNC will have no trouble acting on his behalf.

Bishop on May 6, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Obama will not be President.

You read it right here first.

Sigh. The MDS sufferers think America deserves an Obama presidency because their candidate didn’t win the GOP primaries.

Remember Obama’s unilateral disarmament video? Where he promises to slash spending for missile defense and future combat systems?

Obama ain’t shy about what he wants to do….appoint justices who are into punishing Whitey and killing the military. But America deserves that, huh?

funky chicken on May 6, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Did I just hear Hillary’s first half of her “win” in Indy sound conciliatory?

Rovin on May 6, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Keep fightin’ gal!

This upstart is hoggin’ yer chance at History!

He could have been a gentleman and served as Veep, first, but his delusional ego has led him to believe his own phony PR.

Smack him down!

Tooth and Nail to the Convention floor!

Obama would give up, now, if he were in her shoes.

But not a Rodman!

Take him down!

Kick and gouge!

Roost his chickens!

profitsbeard on May 6, 2008 at 11:06 PM

“The North Carolina results do not suggest any significant erosion in Obama’s standing in the state during what has been a very rough few weeks for him.”

That is not necessarily the case. We have early voting in NC and nearly 500K took advantage of it. A good many did so before the latest bit of Wright troubles.

Additionally, Hilary was a non-factor media wise in the Triangle area which went heavily Obama.

Last, Obama owned the black vote. That is not something that has changed in the last few weeks, unless you count it as a positive based on interviews of black voters in the Triangle.

The good news is that he will still lose NC in the general.

The Opinionator on May 6, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Travis1 on May 6, 2008 at 11:01 PM

I dunno (I try to avoid CNN as much as I can). All I know is that his exclusive news source is CNN. TBH, I don’t think Wolf Blitzer himself is too bad as he usually just sits there looking stupid, but I accidentally ended up listening in on him one day and every guest he had was practically shining Barry’s shoes. I thought I was watching a MadTV skit.

Darth Executor on May 6, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Then there are the debates between McCain and The One™; those alone are worth the price of admission.

Bishop on May 6, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Limerick–excellent post, and absolutely correct.

funky chicken on May 6, 2008 at 11:06 PM

The way Bill looks at her, you’d think he’s yet to deflower her.

Entelechy on May 6, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Bill is reported to have confided in friends that from the very first moment he saw Hillary he knew that he had found the woman that he wanted to spend the rest of his life … … … … cheating on.

MB4 on May 6, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Lemerick:

Obama will put a neon sign on that border facing Mexico saying Come on in and get your Drivers Licenses , if that is not enough to get the Fence crowd to vote for McCain then they are a lost cause anyway.

Terrye on May 6, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Michael Barone, on Fox as much as said, ‘vote fraud’ in Gary Indiana and Lake county, with out saying the words ‘vote fraud’. (Late arriving absentee ballots.)

McCain and the republican party have no idea what they are up against.

I, for one, welcome our new Marxist-Leninist overlords and the fairness they will bring to our once great country. I have been persuaded, and prefer not having to spend time in a re-education camp planting rice.

rockhauler on May 6, 2008 at 11:08 PM

Travis1 on May 6, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Lou Dobbs turned my father into a Bush-hater.

But that was more due to the fact that Dobbs convinced him that Bush sold America out to non-whites (“brown people”, i.e. illegal Mexicans, and the Chinese).

Of course, it didn’t exactly take much to convince him.

Vyce on May 6, 2008 at 11:08 PM

It’s sad, because Obama will make Neville Chamberlain and Jimmy Carter seem like Churchill. The reflexive Clinton haters here may say what they will, but at least Hillary would have kept up safe. This election becomes much more important.

thuja on May 6, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Barack “Amazing” Obama makes George McGovern look like Barry Goldwater.

indythinker on May 6, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Obama is even scarier when you consider who his handlers are.

Connie on May 6, 2008 at 11:09 PM