Video: Smartest woman in the world tries to work the coffee machine

posted at 7:20 pm on April 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

Just whisper to the little man who lives inside, Hillary. He’ll do the rest.

The beauty of this footage? It was apparently taken during Her Majesty’s common-man joyride/photo op this morning, replete with choreographed pit stop for gas and java. I guarantee you, right now somewhere in Indiana, some poor lackey is being berated for failing to brief her on how to work the self-serve.

Thank goodness the working class has an alternative to this out-of-touch poseur, one who appreciates them for the xenophobic, Bible-thumping gun fetishists they are.

Comments

Those machines are the reason I never buy self-serve coffee. I don’t know what it is, but they turn me into a drooling idiot.

But it’s funny seeing someone else, especially her, fall into the same idiotic state. : )

the goddess anna on April 30, 2008 at 7:23 PM

it takes a village…to make a coffee machine work

SoCalInfidel on April 30, 2008 at 7:24 PM

What makes this video a classic is the Curb Your Enthusiasm music

Lance Murdock on April 30, 2008 at 7:24 PM

Ghandi used to help her with that when she visited his gas station in St Louis.

rw on April 30, 2008 at 7:25 PM

Heh. I married a woman who is smarter than that. Guess Hillary is out of touch as usual!

Vanceone on April 30, 2008 at 7:25 PM

I bet she played hell with the cream and sugar.

FishFearMe on April 30, 2008 at 7:26 PM

I, myself, have had problems with the coffee bean dispensers (and light bulbs) so I’m not going to criticize her for being ‘out of touch’.

But it is hilarious, especially with the music.

Buy Danish on April 30, 2008 at 7:28 PM

Is the coffee bitter? And clingy?

lorien1973 on April 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM

I think she forfeited her “smartest woman in the world” title when she admitted that she flunked the D.C. bar exam.

AZCoyote on April 30, 2008 at 7:32 PM

Hardly a damning indictment of the woman’s intelligence. Are you so desperate for mud you’ll sling this kind of banality around?

She probably was confused because she rarely uses them – which is a commendation of her good taste IMNSHO. Those machines excrete the diluted effluent of amoebic dysentary.

LimeyGeek on April 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Hey Bill, I forgot my Glasses Again!

clover_dave on April 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM

lorien1973 on April 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Do you like your women like you like your coffee? Bitter and Murky?

upinak on April 30, 2008 at 7:34 PM

LimeyGeek on April 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Imagine a real espresso maker!

Would it matter if it was had “amoebic dysentary” then?

upinak on April 30, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Do you like your women like you like your coffee? Bitter and Murky?

upinak on April 30, 2008 at 7:34 PM

..or like your men? Strong & black?

LimeyGeek on April 30, 2008 at 7:36 PM

LimeyGeek on April 30, 2008 at 7:36 PM

I like my Men, white and creamy! LMFAO

upinak on April 30, 2008 at 7:37 PM

How long before someone came over and helped that poor woman?

Granted…some coffee machines are different than others at these places. But it’s not rocket science.

JetBoy on April 30, 2008 at 7:38 PM

I like my Men, white and creamy! LMFAO

upinak on April 30, 2008 at 7:37 PM

o.O

JetBoy on April 30, 2008 at 7:39 PM

It would have been great if it would have squirt her right in the face as she was trying to look up in it.

DAT60A3 on April 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM

LimeyGeek on April 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Hey…didn’t you used to post as ‘StarBucksdouchebag’??

BigWyo on April 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Imagine a real espresso maker!

I’m a coffee snob. Sorry ;) Comes from not being born and raised in the USA, where brown swill is fraudulently marketed as ‘coffee’ :P

If you don’t start out with a whole bean, grind it yourself, then process it with superheated water under pressure – it ain’t coffee. OK, I’ll throw the froggies a bone and confess to liking a cafetier on occasion ;)

Would it matter if it was had “amoebic dysentary” then?

Translation please?

LimeyGeek on April 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM

BigWyo on April 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Funny :) Good shot sir/ma’am

LimeyGeek on April 30, 2008 at 7:41 PM

o.O

JetBoy on April 30, 2008 at 7:39 PM

not sure what the little o.O’s are. Working out to the point of exhaustion with little or no coffee is not good!

upinak on April 30, 2008 at 7:41 PM

LimeyGeek on April 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM

As I said to jetboy, I am tired. As I agree on the whole bean and I am not a machine puching capp head. If you are exhausted and need a cup o’ joe… you don’t really care what it comes from as long as it has caffine!

The dysentary thing I thought was because of the convienence store. Was I wrong?

upinak on April 30, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Imagine her around “the button”?

Hening on April 30, 2008 at 7:44 PM

Not her fault. There is a little man who lives in those machines. He also lives in refridgerators and turns the light on when you open the door. His name is Yawhodee. If he doesn’t do his job, nothing works. My dad told me that.

thatcher on April 30, 2008 at 7:45 PM

Not to worry. Billy will have coffee ready when the phone rings at 3:00 A.M.

RedWinged Blackbird on April 30, 2008 at 7:46 PM

The best part is that she’s jacking with the stupid “let’s whip some coffee and call it capachino” machines… while there is four pots of plain old drip brew sitting right there beside it.

phelps on April 30, 2008 at 7:46 PM

Imagine her around “the button”?

Hening on April 30, 2008 at 7:44 PM

You sure you want her “around” it?

upinak on April 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Anyone knows whose soundtrack is this? It’s simply wonderful.

max on April 30, 2008 at 7:49 PM

LimeyGeek on April 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM

I take great exception to your remark sir. I happen to have been born and raised in t he USA. Matter of fact I’ve been called a hillbilly, and I don’t consider it offensive. I call your hand and raise your comment with “I roast my own beans, then grind them and process them in an espresso machine. I’m currently working on a batch of Costa Rican Tarrazu and sipping a cup as I type…so there! PS: If you call that swill the French drink coffe you need to drop by for a cup of real coffee. Don’t even get me started on the Italians.

Oldnuke on April 30, 2008 at 7:51 PM

Oldnuke on April 30, 2008 at 7:51 PM

wonders how she can score a bag for her Mother’s B-day present?

upinak on April 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Remind me never never never to run for high office…I’ve done so many stupid things in my life I’d hate to see them on film like this!

Bob's Kid on April 30, 2008 at 7:58 PM

upinak on April 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Drop by anytime. I’ll roast some up for you. If I shipped it to you you might as well get it from an online retailer already roasted. Flavor peaks about 24 to 48 hours after roasting and goes downhill pretty fast. Take about an hour to do about a pound (green).

Oldnuke on April 30, 2008 at 8:01 PM

Obama’s single, most enduring achievement is making Hillary seem somehow… lovable. And sincere. I never would have believed it was possible.

Doctor Zero on April 30, 2008 at 8:02 PM

The government should regulate cream and sugar to prevent this sort of tragedy. Heh.

bofh on April 30, 2008 at 8:08 PM

I can work a coffee machine better than her and I’m Mormon (long story).

Mormon Doc on April 30, 2008 at 8:14 PM

I think she was distracted by the sniper fire in the background

William Amos on April 30, 2008 at 8:14 PM

Oh come on! YOU try to get a cup of coffee while dodging sniper fire! NOT EASY!

Gatordoug on April 30, 2008 at 8:32 PM

William Amos on April 30, 2008 at 8:14 PM

Winner!

LimeyGeek on April 30, 2008 at 8:32 PM

HRC still insulting really smart women the world over.

jukin on April 30, 2008 at 8:34 PM

I call your hand and raise your comment with “I roast my own beans

Oof. Well played. I am doffing my cap to you right now sir ;)

Flavor peaks about 24 to 48 hours after roasting and goes downhill pretty fast

I did not know this. Where do you get your raw beans? Can I roast my own without buying an expensive machine?

LimeyGeek on April 30, 2008 at 8:35 PM

Senior citizens standing in line for the continental breakfast at a Hampton Inn show more awareness of how to active the liquid-pouring button than Hillary does here.

Of course, if MSNBC wasn’t in the tank for Obama, this video footage that makes Hillary look worse than George H.W. Bush with the checkout scanner, never would have seen the light of day.

jon1979 on April 30, 2008 at 8:35 PM

PRICELESS!!!

USBB on April 30, 2008 at 8:39 PM

She couldn’t find the “press 2 for English” button…

TheCulturalist on April 30, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Imagine it’s 1992
Imagine it’s George Bush, SR.
Imagine it’s a grocery scanner.

What would the MSM say?
Will they say the same about this?

dentalque on April 30, 2008 at 8:44 PM

I think she was distracted by the sniper fire in the background

William Amos

Funniest comment all day! Excellent!

Mormon Doc on April 30, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Holy crap, I thought “Yahoodee” was something my mom came up up (That’s how she pronounces it).

And this video, yeah it’s on it’s way to viral classic. 14k views in 3 hours?

Typhonsentra on April 30, 2008 at 8:47 PM

LimeyGeek on April 30, 2008 at 8:35 PM

Here’s an online one stop shopping center for home roasting. I use the Nesco roaster. It’s made in Wisconsin, costs about $150 and works well. There are more expensive models, of course, but I’m gonna use this one till it breaks then buy a better one. The website has reviews on the various models. Here’s a coffee site on the East coast that I also use. Just convenient for me. I get the coffee just a couple of days after I put the order in. You can use a hot air popcorn popper to roast (not a joke). Just google around to get specifics. Never tried it but from all accounts works just fine but requires a little more attention and you’d probably want to roast outside because of the smoke (smoke is normal. I’ve been home roasting for about 6 months now and I’m spoiled. My favorite so far…Indian Monsooned Malabar Elephant, not for the faint hearted. Good luck.

Oldnuke on April 30, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Clinton’s defense: that thing was actually a fancypants arugula dispenser.

Cuffy Meigs on April 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM

Deja vu.

aengus on April 30, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Is the coffee bitter? And clingy?

lorien1973 on April 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Black, but extremely watered down and weak.

SouthernGent on April 30, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Indiana’s seat belt law requires everyone to be buckled up. Were all of the cameramen in the lead truck that was shooting this wearing theirs?

PirateParrot on April 30, 2008 at 9:20 PM

My boss is close to a billionaire, but is a regular guy. Comes to the office everyday, goes to Chili’s, the local poboy shop, etc, for lunch, and is dumb as dirt when it comes to computers (I am his IT director). He knows how to receive emails and send them…thats the top of his knowledge.

Can he get coffee from an automated coffee machine? I HOPE! But he is not out of touch, he is just a normal person.
His wife on the other hand….I told her today that I would not ask for a raise ever again..I would ask for a “Stimulus Package”..her eyes got wide! I think she she thought something else, but I will not elaborate on that…only after other ppl in the room started in the conversation did she slightly understand what I was talking about…her own words “Stimulus package…what are you talking about?”

All I am trying to say here, is yes there are ppl who are out of touch with the regular everyday person. But to not know how to operate a coffee machine!?!?!?!!???? That in itself has “dumbass” stamped on it!

Vote Hillary 2008!

lsutiger on April 30, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Is this the equivalent of Bush 41 being amazed at a supermarket price scanner, back in 1992?

ToddonCapeCod on April 30, 2008 at 10:47 PM

I don’t drink coffee, so does that make me stupid too?

Real news and real issues please.

Hog Wild on April 30, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Meh… I have a knack with machines… But it might take me a while to figure one of those out myself, seeing as how I’ve never even looked at one, much less used one.

And I’ve seen people at the soda machine in a convenience store spend five minutes looking for the lids, the straws, the cups, whatever, when they were right in front of their face.

Actually, I’m kind of proud of hillary… At least she didn’t send a flunky or a Secret Service Agent to get it for her…..
Chelsea keeps her SSPPD around just to light her cigarettes and carry her packages.

LegendHasIt on May 1, 2008 at 12:35 AM

Looked to me like she was figuring out how to get to the cash box.

shaken on May 1, 2008 at 1:34 AM

Did you see all that Folger’s next to the machine. Those poor Indianans. At the very least get them some faux Starbucks.

seanhackbarth on May 1, 2008 at 2:35 AM

That was great. I can picture the guy behind her looking around and thinking, “is she serious?”.

Geronimo on May 1, 2008 at 8:48 AM

Oldnuke on April 30, 2008 at 8:52 PM

That’s great info, cheers! :)

LimeyGeek on May 1, 2008 at 10:15 AM

Oldnuke on April 30, 2008 at 7:51 PM

I trust you wash the cat shit off before you roast the beans.

easy on May 1, 2008 at 11:39 AM

That was a priceless video…She reminded me of a lab rat trying to get a drink of water out of a tube with switches that needed to be hit to open it…It’d make for one hell of a Discovery Channel segment, no?”

“The head bobs up and down, and sideways as the Hillerat tries to figure out the proper switch to get her infusion of caffeine…Note the frustration, yet also note the willingness to not only try new methods and combinations, but to REPEAT the ones that didn’t work the first time…”

52Ranger on May 1, 2008 at 12:25 PM