Video: O’Reilly and Mary Katharine Ham on “Abortionman”

posted at 10:36 pm on April 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

No scantily clad teens tonight, just the usual rote, requisite nutroots-bashing. Plow through it or skip ahead to 2:45 for the meaty part, but not until you’ve watched the “Abortionman” video embedded below. She raises a good point: What was Damon Wayans going for? There’s no punchline of any sort, which is probably why she suspects it’s a parody — the humor, presumably, derives from knowing the source material and appreciating the allusions. But, er, what’s the source material? I don’t think it’s a parody at all, just a particularly tacky brand of first-grade sick-out humor. You remember. “What’s grosser than gross?” “Punching a fetus right out of a woman’s birth canal!” Etc.

Bill sure seems ticked, though. It’s probably for the best that he’s not a big Net surfer.

Link: sevenload.com

Comments

O’Reilly sometimes reminds me of an old man shaking his cane at the whipper snappers.

I thought that video was making fun of a perceived tendency of black males to abdicate fatherly duties. I say “perceived” because I’m not qualified to say whether it is actually present or not.

AbaddonsReign on April 30, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Sorry, I laughed when I saw it on the Factor, which I tend to do concerning tasteless parody. At least “Abortion Man” wasn’t white, so it’s no political statement. It’s just humor.

Hog Wild on April 30, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Hammer time!

Chakra Hammer on April 30, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Has BOR ever said, “I don’t know,” “Good Point,” “I never thought of it that way” or “I am interested to know your opinion?”

EJDolbow on April 30, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Abortionman is nothing compared to Superhero for Choice. Post that up to compare what Planned Parenthood puts out vis-a-vis abortion. The link is Dawn Eden’s site.

Direct link (warning, cartoon violence against pro-lifers, trampling on first amendment rights and free will, and smug self-satisfaction of a pro-choice “Superheroine”)

Superhero for Choice is three years old, and was originally put out by Planned Parenthood Golden Gate. They pulled it off the website and deleted all references to it so soon as it started hitting the rounds at pro-life sites, but by then it was too late as copies were saved to be posted later. Compared to that, Wayans has three things going for it:

1) It’s a reducto ad absurdium of what abortion is (brutal violence on women and children), who it helps, and what some people view it as (a hero, to put it bluntly)

2) It’s just cringe-worthy enough to get the message across without being gorey

3) It isn’t advocating anyone give up their first amendment rights or otherwise trample on political opponents.

Compared to that travesty, Abortionman is a comedy.

Abortionman would be a great springboard to bring back this travesty, especially since Planned Parenthood is already in the muck, and this only provides proof of their duplicitous, accountability-devoid ways.

BKennedy on April 30, 2008 at 10:56 PM

IS that abortionman a knock on PP or Obama?

You know from the recent youtube videos of the PP taking donations to abort “black babies”…

Or a knock on Obama or saying that He Doesn’t Want His Daughters Punished with a Baby?

Chakra Hammer on April 30, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Oh boy,MKH is wearing that red sweater
and a turtleneck to boot,very nice!

I think its time Fox News start MKH as a
regular on Fox and Friends,towards her own
evening time slot,real Political interviews!

Its got a nice ring to it,and tonite MKH
drops the hammer on Rev.Wright on HAMMERTIME!

The vid of the sick superhero is beyond reason,
its sick!

canopfor on April 30, 2008 at 11:03 PM

I can’t even fathom the mindset of anyone who would make a video like this.

Connie on April 30, 2008 at 11:03 PM

No, I’m not commenting on that topic, especially when you have ham in it or I’ll get banned, and with gas prices that high, I can’t afford having my butt kicked out of this website.

But I would like to say something about Mr. Bill O’Reilly.

Bill O’Reilly is so full of himself he masturbates while looking at his own naked pictures.

Indy Conservative on April 30, 2008 at 11:11 PM

The people who made that video have a moral compass that is completely shattered…this is a disgusting and heartless video.

Richard Romano on April 30, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Indy Conservative on April 30, 2008 at 11:11 PM

And you don’t? Disturbing…

Hog Wild on April 30, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Hammers clothes…

Shirt looks very very nice. :} +100

I like the other dangling earrings that you wear not the hoops..(gold dangling ones see guy talk i dont know what they’re called)

>:D

But any how good job.. ;)
(And now everyone knows why i’m divorced..)

:{

Chakra Hammer on April 30, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Clearly he thought it up, and just wanted to do it. Judging by the execution — baby-looking fetuses in both the video and the “logo,” a woman forced into her “choice” — it’s not a NARAL production. When Cartman convinced a South Park woman to have an abortion so he could build a Shakey’s Pizza (don’t apply logic here, it’s South Park), surely no one thought they were trying to promote abortion. Of course, South Park has the benefit of being funny on many levels (as well as the benefit of being funny in the first place).

calbear on April 30, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Indy Conservative on April 30, 2008 at 11:11 PM

I didn’t need the visual in my head.. gross, don’t do that anymore.

Chakra Hammer on April 30, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Indy — your comment is tasteless and childish, pathetic actually.

Richard Romano on April 30, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Indy Conservative on April 30, 2008 at 11:11 PM

I also can’t fathom those who have no respect for their blog host.

Connie on April 30, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Do the people on the first video see the irony in the guy’s last line? “Thanks, Abortionman, you saved my life.”

Tzetzes on April 30, 2008 at 11:24 PM

I thought “Abortionman” was referring to Obama with his 110% NARAL rating. After all, he makes the Hillary look conservative on that issue.

Jungliszt on April 30, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Indy Conservative on April 30,2008 at 11:11PM.

Indy Conservative: I love reading your posts and
really like you as a shipmate
on the U.S.S Hot Air,Dude don’t
give into the dark side,Okay!
Sincerely,Canopfor.

canopfor on April 30, 2008 at 11:35 PM

I can’t even fathom the mindset of anyone who would make a video like this.

Connie on April 30, 2008 at 11:03 PM

And yet, the O’Reilly knuckleheads somehow make it funny by twice missing the offensive “my nig” term with their bleep.

I can’t imagine why Wayans would have done this.

Jaibones on April 30, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Tzetzes on April 30, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Like when Obama said, men who have enough sense know that Planned Parenthood is helping them at his speect to PP in 2007.

Chakra Hammer on April 30, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Stupid…made my blood boil.

Livefreeordie on May 1, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Halt, Hammerzeit!

I always love the MKH Intarwebs Cop segment, its pretty much the only thing I ever watch on O’Reilly, and that’s usually because Allah links them. Dennis Miller is pretty good too.

doubleplusundead on May 1, 2008 at 12:27 AM

doubleplusundead on May 1, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Ja, sie ist hammer-cool! Echt und konkret kraß!

Tzetzes on May 1, 2008 at 12:41 AM

Katharine Ham and Charles Krauthammer 2 good hammers. :}

Chakra Hammer on May 1, 2008 at 12:46 AM

BKennedy on April 30, 2008 at 10:56 PM

That’s got to be what he was parodying. Instead of the Superhero attacking clinic protesters he performs the abortions.

TheBigOldDog on May 1, 2008 at 6:34 AM

A milder version for the non-sophisticated:

Bill O’Reilly is so full of himself, he calls his own cell phone number from a land line to ask for a date.

Indy Conservative on May 1, 2008 at 6:55 AM

TheBigOldDog on May 1, 2008 at 6:34 AM

I dunno about that. In the first place Superhero for Choice was only online at Planned Parenthood’s Golden Gate site for a total of 36 hours, maybe less. Unless Wayans is an avid reader of Dawn Eden’s archives, finds Planned Parenthood appauling, and is willing to parody a three your old video, I doubt this is a parody of Superhero for Choice.

The reason I put so much emphasis on SfC, btw, is because its essentially the video that made me conservative. How could any video that vile put out under the auspices of “choice,” then rescinded by PP’s site in less than 36 hours, but only AFTER they realized what a horrible, vile, anti-American (and tax-payer funded, I might add) production it was. Videos like this are likely what PP does with its taxpayer money: belch out sick propaganda.

This vile video that was rife for criticism from any pundit or serious journalist, yet recieved ZERO major media coverage. There was maybe one story in the SF paper about it, but since exposing Abortion supporters promoting garbage and anti-American filth at taxpayer expense doesn’t fit the media narrative, it got ignored.

That video is probably the sole reason I will never, ever vote Democrat in my entire life. Anyone who takes money from Planned Parenthood is among the lowest of scum, and is unfit to hold any office. This is especially true of “Catholics” like Kerry, Kennedy, and Pelosi who might as well drop the act already.

BKennedy on May 1, 2008 at 7:18 AM

My first impression was that the video was anti-abortion. The pro-choice crowd plays it both ways, that it is an important decision that only women can make and an easy, uncomplicated form of birth control. I think wayans was mocking pro-choice for making abortion some kind of wonderful, powerful hero.

peacenprosperity on May 1, 2008 at 7:36 AM

I saw only the clip they showed last night and it was pretty bad taste. No interest in seeing the whole thing and I like Damon Wayans. I’m kinda suprosed he was involved.

Geronimo on May 1, 2008 at 8:46 AM

Abortionman saved that woman in the video from being punished with a child.

pappy on May 1, 2008 at 8:55 AM

I’d almost say, “I wish I knew what Damon Wayans was going for,” but I’m glad I don’t.

As usual, I approve of Ham in red. Canopfor has the right idea. Ham at 7 (Central), The Boss at 8, Ed at 9.

steveegg on May 1, 2008 at 9:15 AM

I actually laughed. And I’m one of those “uncompromising” pro-lifers. I don’t know, I didn’t think it was that bad.

OneGyT on May 1, 2008 at 9:50 AM

Maybe I missed something but I don’t see how Abortionman is remotely close to offensive. 3056 babies get slaughtered every day and we’re shocked, SHOCKED to OUTRAGE! by Damon Wayans in a cape beating up a pregnant woman in a skit? What about the 3,056 women who will have their babies sucked out of their wombs and destroyed while Planned Parenthood reaps in $305M in taxpayer funds to do it “safe and legal.”

Please. Damon Wayans is doing a public service. He is showing abortion for exactly what it is, who it serves, and what Planned Parenthood and other pro-abortion pols and propagandists view it as. 3,056 women are going to get punched in the gut and stomped on by abortion today, and all we’re talking about is how Damon Wayans gore-free parody is outrageous.

Unbelievable.

BKennedy on May 1, 2008 at 9:52 AM

Did Bill remind anyone else of Michael Scott when he said “restore the decor – that rhymes”?

OneGyT on May 1, 2008 at 10:03 AM

I can’t imagine why Wayans would have done this.
Jaibones on April 30, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Really?!?
These are the same cineastes who make masterpieces of film such as White Chicks and Little Man.

And some people think this is below them?

SouthernDem on May 1, 2008 at 10:21 AM

I could not be a bigger opponent of abortion, but I’ve been watching Damon Wayans for 15 years, and of that whole crowd of Wayans brothers and other black comedians who emerged in the early 90′s, he’s probably the smartest and most talented. After watching him for so long, especially his latest gig in “My Wife and Kids,” I find it hard to believe that he meant this as a pro-abortion skit, and harder to believe that so many people instantly assume he did.

I also do a lot of work with disabled children, particularly cerebral palsy, and I still find his “Handi-Man” skits from the old “In Living Color” hysterical at times. He has never pretended to be anything but a fairly low-brow comic, and while he’s often demonstrated poor taste, he’s never struck me as someone whose values and morality are in the gutter. Maybe I’m just not easily offended, or maybe I just sense that Damon Wayans is at his core a decent guy with head on straight. At any rate, there are about a million more alarming and objectionable things out on the web these days that O’Reilly could skewer.

greggriffith on May 1, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Its got a nice ring to it,and tonite MKH
drops the hammer on Rev.Wright on HAMMERTIME!

The vid of the sick superhero is beyond reason,