Quote of the day

posted at 11:06 pm on April 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Move on, move forward…choices…children…food…duh!

stonemeister on April 30, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Assorted thoughts?

freevillage on April 30, 2008 at 11:10 PM

I love the “no additional commentary” with the video. Let the video speak for it’s self. Nice.

Mrs. Obama, from what I have heard from you, I absolutely don’t what you making decisions on my behalf. I love America and have been proud of her since the day I knew what America is.

Hog Wild on April 30, 2008 at 11:12 PM

I’m happy to move on. What’s next – Rezko? Ayers? Dorhn? Let’s move right on, toots.

fourstringfuror on April 30, 2008 at 11:13 PM

NBC can’t be trusted not to edit our gaffes. They gave away that presumption by becoming lemmings to this candidate.

AYNBLAND on April 30, 2008 at 11:16 PM

US? Is she running for office as well?

For someone that is running as the “I’m not a politician” candidate he they sure sounds like politicians.

We must move forward, not backward, upwards, not downwards and always twirling, twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!!

Puke!

Claypigeon on April 30, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Quit with the distractions, and let me get on with my job of helping the American People!
/finger wagging

bikermailman on April 30, 2008 at 11:17 PM

Be careful, there are reporters around Michelle.

lorien1973 on April 30, 2008 at 11:17 PM

I do not want either of these people anywhere near any decision making process that affects me or my family. Period.

bbz123 on April 30, 2008 at 11:17 PM

yep, typical leftie-think of the self, the self, the self.

allrsn on April 30, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Sumbitch, all this time we’ve only been hurting the kids. Thanks Michelle!

lowandslow on April 30, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Don’t you understand? You worrying about Wright doesn’t help KIDS!!! You worrying about Ayers doesn’t help KIDS!!!! SHUT THE HELL UP AND VOTE FOR MY HUSBAND OR YOU HATE KIDS!!!!!

MadisonConservative on April 30, 2008 at 11:18 PM

I think Mrs. Obama’s comments are absolutely correct. The Obama chidren are NOT helped by looking at Sen. Obama’s past judgments.

malclave on April 30, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Can we Moveon from Redlasso?

Lets have a vote!

Is Redlasso the spawn of satan yes or no..!

Chakra Hammer on April 30, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Mr. 21st Century Calculator.

Meet:

Miss Pirouette, 2008.

The children! Education! HELP!

profitsbeard on April 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM

I can’t tell if she

a) is as stupid and deluded as she would have to be to ignore the walls coming down around her, or

b) thinks we are all so stupid and deluded that she can bluff her way out of this nightmare storm of racist, Marxist crap from the one person that they have chosen to hitch their wagon to.

But she is in a magnificent ball of denial right now. He’s not. He know’s he effed.

Jaibones on April 30, 2008 at 11:27 PM

With the Obamas it’s always about the kids. Babies–mutilate em and throw em in the dumpster at your leisure. But save the kids. My God these people(?)sicken me.

Jungliszt on April 30, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Criticizing communist terrorist bombers (who were lucky enough to be victims of FBI misconduct, and get the evidence suppressed) never fed a hungry child.

RBMN on April 30, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Couric: But what about September 11? Nobody wanted that to happen. And I think the country wants to be reassured that the person in the Oval Office will know how to respond.

Michelle Obama: You know, one of the things we can’t do in this country is operate from a place of fear. How are we going to reestablish our footing in the world and change conversations globally so that we … move to a different place in how we deal with issues of terrorism?

That we’re … instead of protecting ourselves against terrorists, that we’re building diplomatic relationships and we’re investing in education abroad so that we’re making sure that kids are learning how to read as opposed to … fight us.
We’ve spent eight years gearing ourselves up for a fight, and we haven’t been educating our kids. We don’t have universal health care. I think that’s going to be the debate that Barack has: How are we going to direct our energy? Are we going to gear up for a fight or are we going to work to heal our nation?

Couric/M Obama interview

Limerick on April 30, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Just saw HillRod on O’reilly and I was very suprised. She has completely changed her profile. Where was this person 6 months ago? Not that I would vote for her but still.

knat on April 30, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Stop talking about Rev, Wright! Please, for the children?

(Hey, Michelle said so. This is all just a distraction, dontcha know?)

irishspy on April 30, 2008 at 11:35 PM

No, really. Who is more unlikable than Michelle Obama? My shoulders tense up every time that woman opens her mouth.

Sugar Land on April 30, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Can we please get more of her in front of the cameras, pleeeeaaase.

jukin on April 30, 2008 at 11:38 PM

If MichelleO (“We got to move on…”) is so concerned about educating her kids, she should have marched her whole family out of TUCC, where the breeding of ignorance and hate seemed to be the thrust of the lessons.

onlineanalyst on April 30, 2008 at 11:41 PM

Limerick on April 30, 2008 at 11:28 PM

There’s a coherent national security policy for ya. For someone at her education level and pay scale, her arguments don’t flow in any kind of logical sequence. She just jumps around. She uses emotion as her foundation, not facts.

a capella on April 30, 2008 at 11:41 PM

As bad as Rev. Wright is, it’s the echo of his words in Michelle that really makes him a liability to Obama, imho.

Spirit of 1776 on April 30, 2008 at 11:41 PM

Obama’s kids attend private schools. So this controversy doesn’t affect them either way. Nor does any discussion of public education funding.

lorien1973 on April 30, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Won’t somebody please think of the children!

WisCon on April 30, 2008 at 11:42 PM

a capella on April 30, 2008 at 11:41 PM

Yep…if the lefties wanna say that is her not him well she summed it up at the end of what I posted…

I think that’s going to be the debate that Barack has

Doesn’t have a clue that her kids are just kafirs to those other kids she wants to teach to read.

Limerick on April 30, 2008 at 11:45 PM

Obama is so done. Didn’t you all get the memo?

awake on April 30, 2008 at 11:47 PM

Cnn is going above and beyond the call of duty
on this interview and Michelle Obama’s biography!

And add in Hill and Bills besmirching the African American
voter,HilRod’s I was offended by Rev.Wrights comments,add in
Bills”They played the race card on me” and they kissed
the African American vote bye bye!

canopfor on April 30, 2008 at 11:48 PM

Yeah, Michelle — we should all “move forward” because it isn’t good for your kids… but apparently allowing them to be baptized by and subjected the race-baiting POS who “brought your husband to Jesus Christ” wasn’t “not good” for your kids???

You shamless hag — I hope you and your testicle-free husband are wiped off the political landscape by the lady in the pantsuit…

D2Boston on April 30, 2008 at 11:51 PM

“You know Meredith, let’s move forward. Barack and I have replaced ‘It takes a village’ with ‘It takes Change’, all for the children. It’s time to move forward”.

Michelle M. wrote the perfect article on Obama’s speech of yesterday.

Last night was the first time I watched it. The guy was not only calculated, he couldn’t even look up often, his voice was low, and all in all he wasn’t himself. “Fakery”, and “vacuous”, as our friend csdeven would say. Except here, he’d really have a good case to base those words on.

Entelechy on April 30, 2008 at 11:52 PM

malclave on April 30, 2008 at 11:24 PM

How much damage did Obama’s lack of judgment do to those kids by putting them into Rev. Wrongs church to be indoctrinated?

Chakra Hammer on April 30, 2008 at 11:53 PM

Princeton and Harvard’s reputation just took a hit.

Dusty on April 30, 2008 at 11:53 PM

lorien1973 on April 30, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Did Obama’s kids go to that Church?

Chakra Hammer on April 30, 2008 at 11:54 PM

We gotta move forward.

This is an Ivy league educated attorney making excuses for her and her husband’s miscalculations regarding those of us who love our country?

I can’t relate. I was taught more than four decades ago that gotta is not a word.

I love watching morons self destruct. As a matter of fact I love watching it so much that I will graciously make a contribution to the idiots who want to take my country and make it a welfare state.

Enjoy, ya just GOTTA read it bros and sistas.

Barack Obama’s Muslim Childhood
By Daniel Pipes
FrontPageMagazine.com | Tuesday, April 29, 2008

As Barack Obama’s candidacy comes under increasing scrutiny, his account of his religious upbringing deserves careful attention for what it tells us about the candidate’s integrity.

Obama asserted in December, “I’ve always been a Christian,” and he has adamantly denied ever having been a Muslim. “The only connection I’ve had to Islam is that my grandfather on my father’s side came from that country [Kenya]. But I’ve never practiced Islam.” In February, he claimed: “I have never been a Muslim. … other than my name and the fact that I lived in a populous Muslim country for 4 years when I was a child [Indonesia, 1967-71] I have very little connection to the Islamic religion.”

“Always” and “never” leave little room for equivocation. But many biographical facts, culled mainly from the American press, suggest that, when growing up, the Democratic candidate for president both saw himself and was seen as a Muslim.

Obama’s Kenyan birth father: In Islam, religion passes from the father to the child. Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. (1936–1982) was a Muslim who named his boy Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. Only Muslim children are named “Hussein”.

Obama’s Indonesian family: His stepfather, Lolo Soetoro, was also a Muslim. In fact, as Obama’s half-sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng explained to Jodi Kantor of the New York Times: “My whole family was Muslim, and most of the people I knew were Muslim.” An Indonesian publication, the Banjarmasin Post reports a former classmate, Rony Amir, recalling that “All the relatives of Barry’s father were very devout Muslims.”

Barack Obama’s Catholic school in Jakarta.
The Catholic school: Nedra Pickler of the Associated Press reports that “documents showed he enrolled as a Muslim” while at a Catholic school during first through third grades. Kim Barker of the Chicago Tribune confirms that Obama was “listed as a Muslim on the registration form for the Catholic school.” A blogger who goes by “An American Expat in Southeast Asia” found that “Barack Hussein Obama was registered under the name ‘Barry Soetoro’ serial number 203 and entered the Franciscan Asisi Primary School on 1 January 1968 and sat in class 1B. … Barry’s religion was listed as Islam.”

The public school: Paul Watson of the Los Angeles Times learned from Indonesians familiar with Obama when he lived in Jakarta that he “was registered by his family as a Muslim at both schools he attended.” Haroon Siddiqui of the Toronto Star visited the Jakarta public school Obama attended and found that “Three of his teachers have said he was enrolled as a Muslim.” Although Siddiqui cautions that “With the school records missing, eaten by bugs, one has to rely on people’s shifting memories,” he cites only one retired teacher, Tine Hahiyari, retracting her earlier certainty about Obama’s being registered as a Muslim.

Barack Obama’s public school in Jakarta.
Koran class: In his autobiography, Dreams of My Father, Obama relates how he got into trouble for making faces during Koranic studies, thereby revealing he was a Muslim, for Indonesian students in his day attended religious classes according to their faith. Indeed, Obama still retains knowledge from that class: Nicholas D. Kristof of the New York Times, reports that Obama “recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them [to Kristof] with a first-rate accent.”

Mosque attendance: Obama’s half-sister recalled that the family attended the mosque “for big communal events.” Watson learned from childhood friends that “Obama sometimes went to Friday prayers at the local mosque.” Barker found that “Obama occasionally followed his stepfather to the mosque for Friday prayers.” One Indonesia friend, Zulfin Adi, states that Obama “was Muslim. He went to the mosque. I remember him wearing a sarong” (a garment associated with Muslims).

Piety: Obama himself says that while living in Indonesia, a Muslim country, he “didn’t practice [Islam],” implicitly acknowledging a Muslim identity. Indonesians differ in their memories of him. One, Rony Amir, describes Obama as “previously quite religious in Islam.”

Obama’s having been born and raised a Muslim and having left the faith to become a Christian make him neither more nor less qualified to become president of the United States. But if he was born and raised a Muslim and is now hiding that fact, this points to a major deceit, a fundamental misrepresentation about himself that has profound implications about his character and his suitability as president.

Mr. Pipes (www.DanielPipes.org), director of the Middle East Forum, is the Taube/Diller distinguished visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution of Stanford University. © All rights reserved by Daniel Pipes.

winemkr on April 30, 2008 at 11:54 PM

Obama divorced himself from the Rev. now he needs one from his wife. :{

Chakra Hammer on April 30, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Michelle is saying “Pay no attention to that man on the pulpit.”

With Obama polls heading south in NC, here’s hoping he starts working up a sweat in this campaign and we get to see some fight from him. We need the HillaRocky to get some good counterpunches in before McCain tags in to the fight.

pedestrian on April 30, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Enough of the Red Lasso crap, their videos don’t work. They should be shut down.

echosyst on April 30, 2008 at 11:59 PM

I spent the day, professionally, in Hollywood today. Saw two bumper stickers, one which simply said “McCain for President”, and the other “Stop the Drama, Vote Change with Obama”. The latter one was affixed to a very expensive sports car, below the back end license plate.

Entelechy on May 1, 2008 at 12:04 AM

John & Ken, of KFI 640AM, LA, this afternoon kept playing Hillary’s voice, repeating “Helloooo, Helloooo, Hellooooo”, and one of them said “Lord, if Wright opens his trap one more time, we’ll be stuck with this voice possibly for 4-8 years”.

It’s scary to think Michelle O. for 4-8 years, and it’s scary to think “Helloooo” with the Glacier. We’re not in a good spot, either way. How did we get to here? How?

Entelechy on May 1, 2008 at 12:08 AM

How did we get to here? How?

Entelechy on May 1, 2008 at 12:08 AM

One secondary school at a time.

Limerick on May 1, 2008 at 12:10 AM

“This conversation doesn’t help my kids…”

Ah, yes, think of The Children! What a…Clintonian…answer.

CP on May 1, 2008 at 12:10 AM

Chakra Hammer on April 30, 2008 at 11:25 PM

FWIW, Redlasso works fine for me, but Youtube is blocked by my filter. Hence, I prefer redlasso.

Red Pill on May 1, 2008 at 12:11 AM

Refreshing contrast dept: Just saw Cindy McCain on Leno … true First Lady material

DJ Dubya on May 1, 2008 at 12:13 AM

echosyst on April 30, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Try updating to the latest version of Flash.

RL works just fine for me.

Entelechy on May 1, 2008 at 12:15 AM

I think the story behind the scenes here is that Michelle was getting p*ssed that Barack wasn’t dealing effectively with the crisis, so she needed to step in.

“This conversation doesn’t help my kids.”

Well, Michelle Obama, this election isn’t about your kids. It’s about adults knowing the truth about your husband. And since your kids have been raised in Rev. Wright’s church, I’m sure they’ve already heard plenty of Rev. Wright’s thought process both at church and at home.

Red Pill on May 1, 2008 at 12:17 AM

Well, Michelle Obama, this election isn’t about your kids.

Red Pill on May 1, 2008 at 12:17 AM

Hey all those piano lessons are expensive!

WisCon on May 1, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Michelle Obama is seething with rage. She’s bitter and angry. You can just tell it. She’s going to go off any day now. She’s going to rail against AmeriKKKA…just watch. Obama can’t control her, that’s why he told her to watch her (big) mouth earlier today. Wright nailed the coffin, she’ll shovel the dirt!

The popcorn has been purchased. I.CAN’T.WAIT.

SouthernGent on May 1, 2008 at 12:35 AM

Entelechy on May 1, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Maybe he was in a state of cognitive dissonance or simply over compensating.

MB4 on May 1, 2008 at 12:35 AM

Entelechy on May 1, 2008 at 12:04 AM

He clearly suffers from what I call the “Homie Obama/Squire Obama” multiple personality disorder just like the object of his affections. We may have an epidemic on our hands.

Sigy on May 1, 2008 at 12:40 AM

Geez, its Barack the breakfast cereal candidate with a SNOBAMA poster on the front and a tiny picture of Marx for a hidden surprise inside.

Barack finally knocked the box over so the Wrights, Ayers and Rezkos are spilling out all over and now, made with corny platitudes too.

The ingredients and nutrition panel doesn’t look very healthy and Michelle keeps having to clean up and excuse her messy husband.

Whats next, bran horse muffins? Too late.
Poor Michelle, she needs a scoop shovel.

Speakup on May 1, 2008 at 12:40 AM

What does Michelle Obama expect from a country she’s not proud of? Is that from a Right-Brain Subject Learner’s point of view, or a hillbilly from Alabama, who’s a product of five (5) continuous generations of inbreeding and incest?

DfDeportation on May 1, 2008 at 12:47 AM

Move on now folks, nothin’ to see here…

TheCulturalist on May 1, 2008 at 12:50 AM

Michelle is angry because the country is getting cold feet about letting Barry turn this country into a worker’s paradise, all because the guy he’s been listening to for 20 years turns out to be bonkers.

pedestrian on May 1, 2008 at 12:55 AM

Moveon.oops

EJDolbow on May 1, 2008 at 1:23 AM

They want to stop all the things distracting us from electing an empty suit to the presidency…for the children.

its vintage duh on May 1, 2008 at 1:27 AM

The popcorn has been purchased. I.CAN’T.WAIT.

SouthernGent on May 1, 2008 at 12:35 AM

Yeah, you can see it in her facial expressions and body language. She REALLY wants some air time to set us all straight. Going to be a grim household if Bambi has to take the VP slot, loses the nomination, or gets waxed in the general election. She does not look like a fun woman to be around. Doesn’t appear to have a sense of humor or anything close to happiness.

a capella on May 1, 2008 at 1:33 AM

Suzanne Malvaux sounded about the same, implying that Wright was some sort of stalker who won’t let Mr. and Mrs. Messiah move on. “What do you think he will do next”? Sickening. Totally in the tank.

PattyJ on May 1, 2008 at 1:33 AM

2010 would be a good time for the Illinois Republican party to nominate a good candidate for Senate. THAT will be fun to watch, too. Will Chicago’s southside re-embrace Ubama?

SouthernGent on May 1, 2008 at 1:36 AM

I disagree with Mr. Wright’s rants. However, the traitors in this case are the Obamas. I feel for Mr. Wright and he’s justified in fighting. This sums it all up.

“I don’t like this,” Mr. Wright added. “I’ve been his pastor for 20 years.”

If I’d been his pastor for 20 years, and I’d been treated like this, I’d be hurt too. The facts regarding the relationship are on the side of Mr. Wright.

Obama’s judgment is zero, unless he believes all that crap.

If it would take him this long to figure out our enemies we’d be in a sh*tload of trouble. The Americans are never going to go for something like that.

The media is screwed up royal. After the Moyers interview, they lauded Wright, after Obama’s latest ‘rant’, which wasn’t, they lauded Obama…they are in his pants, basta.

This toothpaste ain’t goin’ back into that perfect tube. Michelle Obama knows it.

The “can’t we move on, please” mantra, from all kinds of quarters, is utterly futile.

Hillary and McCain are the luckiest people in the world right now.

The true Judases in the Election of 2008 melodrama are the Obamas, for having thrown their 20 years pastor under the bus for power, Richardson, Reich, and a few smaller ones.

If Obama were a sincere character, one with substance and balls of steel, not ping-pong-balls, he’d have owned:

- his 20 years pastor, with all his fleas and lice
- his white mother
- his wonderful white grandparents
- his Muslim childhood
- his middle name

He’d have explained them all in the beginning, and we’d have accepted/rejected them. That moment will never be available to him, ever again, and it’s now too late.

Alas, the key lies in this

“Our trials and triumphs became at once unique and universal, black and more than black,” Mr. Obama wrote in his autobiography “Dreams From My Father.”

Black, and more than black…that’s the crux of it all. Michelle probably drove her husband towards this “more than black”, which was fine for lower offices, and is not acceptable, nor winnable for a presidency.

It is what destroyed the quest in the end. Not accepting who he was in the first place, trying to become what he wasn’t for 20 years, only to then throw his pastor under the bus, reverting back to all of a sudden being half white.

Fakery never works, and always reveals itself.

I respect Mr. Wright more, in spite of disagreeing with all his nutty statements. At least he knows who he is, and stands by it.

Mr. Obama is a phony, and a tragic figure. His wife’s precocious and calculated ambition/s have taken a good man into this abyss.

Entelechy on May 1, 2008 at 1:59 AM

Michelle Obama makes Hillary look good. Now I am going to go stab a pencil in my eye because I never ever ever ever thought anyone would be worse than Hillary.

HawaiiLwyr on May 1, 2008 at 1:59 AM

It’s the new hit shows on CBS, The Obama’s and Keeping Up With the Clinton’s

Another season of ultra annoying programing.

Will August come any sooner? Could the summer be any hotter?

Meanwhile on ABC it’s John McCain as Jerome “Curly” Howard in The Kinder Gentler Stooge.

Kini on May 1, 2008 at 2:16 AM

One has to wonder…if Michelle Obama is so concerned about her kids and their education, what was she doing taking them to Rev. Wright’s church and listening to his vile rants? What sort of education were they getting there?

CP on May 1, 2008 at 2:28 AM

What sort of education were they getting there?

Better yet, what kind of religion teaches hate and not forgiveness?

A reading from the book of Perpetuation of Entitlements – Verse 1 Welfare is a WRight.
Verse II – Rich White People
Verse III – Aids in America
Verse IV – God Damn America….. and so on and so on…. blah blah blah….

emphasis Liberal

Kini on May 1, 2008 at 2:39 AM

Entelechy on May 1, 2008 at 1:59 AM

I disagree.

When Wright’s whack-job views where first made public, even though they were very embarrassing and politically harmful to Obama, he still largely stood by Wright. He rejected some of Wright’s views but praised him in other areas.

Only after Wright made a spectacle of himself on national TV and repeated some of his whack-job views and said that Obama had to publicly disagree with him as that’s what politicians do, thereby implicitly saying that Obama agreed with him, did Obama return the “favor” of “throwing him under the bus”.

MB4 on May 1, 2008 at 2:46 AM

Red Pill on May 1, 2008 at 12:11 AM

How about liveleak or sevenload are those blocked also?
The only one that i have problems with are Redlasso and yes, I have have the latest Abobe Crash player..

Try updating to the latest version of Flash.

RL works just fine for me.

Entelechy on May 1, 2008 at 12:15 AM

I have the latest Abobe Crash player, every one works Youtube, Liveleak, Sevenload etc..

“Redlasso” stops about 20 seconds into the clip and starts buffering, then you click and drag the handle back and it fixes it sometimes.. sometimes not.. if you do not drag it backwards it will never play.. so it’s obviously something wrong with redlasso, all others work fine.. And yes again, I have the latest Adobe Crash player. >:D

Chakra Hammer on May 1, 2008 at 3:08 AM

GRETA VAN SUSTREN!!!!

That’s who Michelle Obama reminds me of.

Thank you, Allahpundit. This has been like a splinter in my head, and I don’t think I ever would have gotten it out without this video clip.

SteakRules on May 1, 2008 at 3:09 AM

It’s something funky with Redlasso, sometimes it will work, then other times MOST times it will have the behavior that i described above.. buffering, stopping and all that nonsense.

Chakra Hammer on May 1, 2008 at 3:11 AM

With her husband’s stand on abortion, there will be NO kids to help, Michelle.

I think others have said it but I agree, taking your kids to THAT church didn’t help them, did it? Give me a break.

Please make these 2 go away!!

Conservatives R Us on May 1, 2008 at 3:20 AM

How can Michelle “I hate America” Obama make the jump from racist rants from her pastor to funding education?

Educating kids to be racist?

madmonkphotog on May 1, 2008 at 5:12 AM

Educating kids to be racist?

madmonkphotog on May 1, 2008 at 5:12 AM

Barack and Michelle Obama trusted their kids with Rev. Wright, now they want to be in the White House making decisions that will effect your children…

Do you trust that judgment?

Chakra Hammer on May 1, 2008 at 5:35 AM

Michelle Obama does Bill Clinton: This conversation never fed a hungary child

georgealbert on May 1, 2008 at 6:18 AM

Okey-Dokey, Obamarosa. Let’s move forward to, say, Rashid Khalidi http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=57231?

Teddy on May 1, 2008 at 6:23 AM

Hey, a little sympathy here, ok? The Obamas are having trouble making their student loan payments.

stenwin77 on May 1, 2008 at 6:46 AM

So she wants to help kids abroad learn to read instead of fight, while she takes her kids to a church where they are taught to hate rich white people. WHAT????

She just hasn’t got a clue.

ctmom on May 1, 2008 at 6:59 AM

Wow, “we,” Michelle? Looks like we can look forward to another set of co-presidents.

Dubn8tr on May 1, 2008 at 7:04 AM

“This is really embarassing. This is really hurting us. It’s for the children. It’s better for the environment. Let’s move on.”

Nevermind that it’s all about your judgment to lead.

drjohn on May 1, 2008 at 7:11 AM

And yes, I most certainly do think you were calculating, Barry.

drjohn on May 1, 2008 at 7:12 AM

Taking them to rev jerry to be indoctrinated doesn’t help your kids either, mrs. barry.

peacenprosperity on May 1, 2008 at 7:20 AM

In other words, Meredith, YOU BETTER SHUT YOUR BIG FAT WHITEY GIRL MOUTH,CUZ MAMA MICHELLE SAYS YOU BETTER STOP TALKING ABOUT THE REV. WRIGHT! YOU BETTER LISTEN TO MAMA MICHELLE, MEREDITH, OR SHE GONNA PUT THE HOODOO ON YOUR BIG FAT WHITEY GIRL ASS!

But remember, there is no racism involved in this whole case.

Right.

pilamaye on May 1, 2008 at 7:26 AM

This conversation helps your kids more than your decision to cozy up to the Rev Wright.

Wade on May 1, 2008 at 7:32 AM

Those two people make me sick. “This conversation doesn’t help my kids.” Like bringing them into that hateful church was helping them. Unfortunately, children inherit more than just big ears.

hepcat on May 1, 2008 at 7:35 AM

stenwin77 on May 1, 2008 at 6:46 AM

Time for a new book. Something preachy. Something about religion and child rearing. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

hepcat on May 1, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Wonder if their daughters went to Sunday school at Trinity United Church of Christ? If the kids don’t trust whitey, did they church succeed or fail? (Okay, I’m done now. )

hepcat on May 1, 2008 at 7:42 AM

MoveOn, nothing to see here….

Conservative_SAHM on May 1, 2008 at 7:54 AM

hmm, nothing on Huffpo about the Obama interview.

ctmom on May 1, 2008 at 7:56 AM

You know what? These really are not the Droids I was looking for, after all! How about that!

gridlock2 on May 1, 2008 at 7:59 AM

I think another gem of a quote was Barry saying

I don’t think anybody who watched me yesterday thought I was being calculating.

I don’t know anybody who didn’t think he was being calculating.

txsurveyor on May 1, 2008 at 8:02 AM

Chicagoland style polictics coming to the WhiteHouse…You’re going to love it,, 1st they will take away your right to have guns, then next come their billy clubs. Next Chicagoland will have a zero percent unemployment rate, once Mr and Mrs B-O start to hire all the chicagoland punks..then they will have to hire a second group of punks to do the work of the 1st group of lazy-ass punks, and in all likelyhood will even have to hire a 3rd group to do the job of the other lazy scum bucket bums. Thats how its done here..and thats how it will be done on the national level, soon very soon, I can’t wait to share the pain and the shame.

Legions on May 1, 2008 at 8:05 AM

Why is it with Democrats, Always get 2 for the election of 1. Would apprear to me, Michelle O. has as many political aspirations as Hillary did at that stage, but also is just as socialist and naive.

sbark on May 1, 2008 at 8:14 AM

“This doesn’t help my kids”

And Rev Wright’s anti-American and whites are the source of all black’s problems preaching helps them.

shick on May 1, 2008 at 8:15 AM

?

shick on May 1, 2008 at 8:15 AM

Does Michelle’s strange bite remind anyone of a vampire? Or is that just me?

amkun on May 1, 2008 at 8:29 AM

Sorry, Michelle, but we can’t afford to just “move on.” In a few months, we’re going to be electing a new President of the United States. It’s a very tough and demanding job, one that comes with enormous powers and responsibilities, and it is important for the future of our nation that we elect a person who has the right combination of courage, integrity, experience, and judgment.

Your husband tells us that he is the person best suited to lead this nation. He can point to no instances when he has demonstrated exceptional courage or integrity, and he has no executive or military experience whatsoever. In fact, he has little relevant experience in government at all, other than his 3 undistinguished years in the U.S. Senate, years which have been mainly devoted to running for higher office. So he tells us that we should elect him based on his superior “judgment to lead.”

But now Michelle, you tell us that we should not be examining examples of how your husband has exercised that superior judgment in terms of his long-term relationships with hateful and loony bigots like Jeremy Wright, or with unrepentant domestic terrorists like Bill Ayers, because it’s not important? Sorry, Michelle, but you can’t have it both ways. When “judgment” is the only qualification your husband has to offer, then you can’t expect the American people to look away when that judgment is shown to be deeply flawed.

AZCoyote on May 1, 2008 at 8:40 AM

In Islam, religion passes from the father to the child.

That would surprise a number of Muslim friends of mine in mixed-religious marriages.

Only Muslim children are named “Hussein.”

That’s just incredibly ignorant. Are only Muslim children named “Karim” as well?

DrSteve on May 1, 2008 at 8:50 AM

I bet she throws ashtrays like someone else we all know and dislike.

MSGTAS on May 1, 2008 at 9:05 AM

She sounds awfully bitter and frustrated. Maybe if she and her husband hadn’t clung to a black separatist, anti-American, Marxist ideology posing as a religion, she could be ordering drapes for the girls’ rooms at the White House right about now.

Here’s some free advice for you Michelle:

I wouldn’t bring up your children as it only reminds us how reckless you were to expose them to Jeremiah Wright’s poison.

Buy Danish on May 1, 2008 at 9:23 AM