Open thread: O’Reilly vs. Hillary; Update: Chummy video added! Update: Shock poll — Hillary 44, Obama 42 in NC

posted at 7:47 pm on April 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

8 p.m. ET on Fox, of course. Weak fare for an open thread, admittedly, but the freak show aspect of two egos large enough to have their own gravitational fields colliding makes it must-watch. We’re bound to have some sort of video later, too, so might as well toss up a post now. And the Hammer’s on tonight, so stay tuned in if you want to watch Bill tut-tut her over those Miley Cyrus peekaboo photos circulating on the Net, all of which will be duly displayed onscreen while the two banter.

How is FNC promoting the segment, you ask? Why, with body language analysis, of course. Poor Martha.

Update: No killer soundbites, although Her Majesty did defend her socialist plan to take oil companies’ windfall profits just because they’re way too much in her considered judgment. The most striking thing about the interview, though, was how well she and O’R got along. God help me, she almost seemed charming at times. This may be her first Factor interview but doubtless it won’t be her last. Second look at — gasp — Hillary?

Link: sevenload.com

Update: Good lord — Hillary leads in North Carolina? She was down 15 points in the same poll two weeks ago.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Yes, P-L-E-A-S-E ditch Red Lasso. It is an inferior product. It doesn’t work. YouTube works nearly flawlessly.

DaveS on April 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM

I don’t even try to open the videos any more. Wastes too much time.

a capella on April 30, 2008 at 11:34 PM

ditch Red Lasso

I don’t know about Red Lasso’s politics or philosophy, but it would be nice to be able to “ditch” YouTube because of their leftist leanings & pro-Muslim bias.

jgapinoy on April 30, 2008 at 11:42 PM

I’m not surprised at all. North Carolina democrats are not the same animal as the dems you find in a lot of other places. People here are generally conservative irregardless of party affiliation.

A few places like Durham are the exception of course.

I know a few Carolinians that are dems out of tradition rather than ideology. They call themselves “Southern Democrats” and yes there is a difference.

Guardian on April 30, 2008 at 11:50 PM

As to the Red Lasso debate, I like it. It loads much faster for me than YouTube and never gives me a problem. In fact I have to clink on the YouTube link as opposed to opening it at Hot Air if I want to see it at all most of the time. Not sure why.

Guardian on April 30, 2008 at 11:54 PM

She stayed on message and took on a difficult interview. and there was no teleprompter.

She will steal the nomination from hussein. Very scary stuff, because despite the fact that hussein is a libtard racist like his mentor, so are his followers and alllll those applauding for rev. wrong will go absolutely crazy when it happens…

dogsoldier on May 1, 2008 at 12:10 AM

dogsoldier on May 1, 2008 at 12:10 AM

And that would be the best sideshow we’ve ever seen. Please Hillary, put the pressure on those super delegates. Take whats yours girl!!

Big Orange on May 1, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Red Lasso works when it wants to. Youtube always works, even if it’s slow sometimes.

Ditch Red Lasso!

HYTEAndy on May 1, 2008 at 12:35 AM

Hillary is finding her groove. She will destroy McCain if she’s nominate.

mylegsareswollen on May 1, 2008 at 12:53 AM

Here’s ANOTHER POLL (Mason-Dixon) that shows Obama catering in NC, but still holding the lead. FUN! Word of caution…WRAL/CBS is totally in the tank for Obama…even befor they refused to run the NCGOP ad. It’ll be hilarious to watch the anchors speak through their teeth if Hillary wins.

SouthernGent on May 1, 2008 at 12:53 AM

I think the interview will actually help her, or at least soften the perception people have of her. Wifey and I watched the interview and I laughed at how well the two of them got along. Obama better be asking for some O’Reilly time.

jediwebdude on May 1, 2008 at 1:55 AM

Youtube hates Americans and promote terrorisms. Ditch youtube.

That was a very good interview for Clinton. She cames out of it likable and strong.

jdun on May 1, 2008 at 2:02 AM

Youtube hates Americans and promote terrorisms. Ditch youtube.

jdun on May 1, 2008 at 2:02 AM

I missed the interview so I only saw the clips. Verdict: gag! Several nice cackles though.

Mallard T. Drake on May 1, 2008 at 2:13 AM

Hey Hillary about your Universial Health dog do do, people CHOOSE NOT TO HAVE HEALTHCARE!!!! How many people who do not have healthcare right now has a car and/or have cable and have internet, and have cell phone. Why should good hard worker pay for people WHO CHOOSE NOT TO HAVE HEALTHCARE!!!!

BroncosRock on May 1, 2008 at 2:32 AM

Ditch Red Lasso!

HYTEAndy on May 1, 2008 at 12:35 AM

I say ditch redlasso and use the other 2 youtube and sevenload, they work fine(heck even liveleak or whatever works fine)

something weird with redlasso’s player.. its the only one that gives me problems like this.

And yes I have the latest Abobe Flash(Crash player)

Chakra Hammer on May 1, 2008 at 4:25 AM

Go Hillzilla.

I don’t care for her politics but she’s ruthless, driven, and polished whilst Obama seems vapid and weak.

Superficial judgements for sure but critical to peoples perception of the two dem candidates imo.

Ares on May 1, 2008 at 4:25 AM

This is redlasso!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Chakra Hammer on May 1, 2008 at 4:32 AM

I crossed out the case #.

Chakra Hammer on May 1, 2008 at 4:33 AM

Wow, she has been working on her laugh

Dollayo on May 1, 2008 at 5:20 AM

Maniacal perma-smile….all through out the interview.

She is 100% socialist. 100% determined, and 100% willing to do whatever she needs to do to win. Fighting BO is impressive.

I wish we had an ideological candidate from the right who had such passion, conviction, and fight!

Lord help us if it is Hillary vs. McDole

Dpet on May 1, 2008 at 6:00 AM

No questions about Chinese cash?
No questions about her fake marriage?
No questions about trashing feminism and destroying her husband’s victims?
No questions about which FBI files she’ll bring to the Oval Office?
No questions about her husbands ties to Arab money?
No questions about that weird woman who’s always with her?
No questions about her husband’s pardons of terrorists?
No questions about her sleazy brothers?
No questions about her lies on Chelsea’s 9/11 location?
No questions about the stolen furniture?

O’Reilly makes me sick. I don’t watch him anymore.

Gartrip on May 1, 2008 at 8:05 AM

Bill O’Reilly had a love fest with Hillary. He gave her a free pass.

O’Reilly: “What do you think of this Reverend Wright guy?”
UGH!

My family is tired of Bill O’Reilly and his love fest with his army of leftist guests.

We will not be watching Part II tonight and may stop watching O’Reilly entirely, in the future.

What a disappointment and embarrassment for Fox News!!!!

sinsing on May 1, 2008 at 8:36 AM

Did Madame Hillary! take part in this schmooze-fest only if the questions were pre-approved?

Andy McCarthy saw only ten minutes of the interview with Pretty-in-Pink to zero in on her game. It’s too bad that O’Reilly was too smitten to follow up on some of the openings Madame Hillary! provided.

onlineanalyst on May 1, 2008 at 8:41 AM

Driving through the “black” areas of NC, I was finding some Obama signs, now I see more and more Hillary signs as the race gets closer. I thought the black vote was solidly for Obama, but it may be getting weaker. But noticeably the overall Dem vote is moving towards Hillary. NC is full of churches, and the churches have gone out of their way to distance themselves from the rhetoric of Wright.
As one sign outside of a AME church said “Wright is wrong”, now that’s a sign to remember.

right2bright on May 1, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Maniacal perma-smile….all through out the interview.

Dpet on May 1, 2008 at 6:00 AM

She’s the Joker??

Darksean on May 1, 2008 at 8:49 AM

I just heard a thing on the John Boy and Billy radio show that is out of the Carolinas that ripped Obama a new one. It was a jokey take on all the candidates and did the McCain is old, cranky, has a younger wife, Hillary is “mean” and not pretty, etc. Then he moved to Obama…..holy shiite.

I swear he called him Barracks OBomber, and then went through Ayers and Wright and Hamas/Iran endorsements….ended with “don’t that feller have any nice friends?”

It’s a regular bit they do called “storytime” or something like that. They aren’t overtly political most of the time, so it was pretty amazing.

funky chicken on May 1, 2008 at 9:10 AM

I wish McCain would make the same halfassed effort to court conservatives that it seems HRC is making.

ronsfi on May 1, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Add Bill O”Reilly to the list of talk radio blabber mouths we will haveto thank for Hillary beating the tar out of McCain. Him along with Rush and hannity . I can’t stand to listen to any of these pontificating morons anymore,. Hillary will spank the old fool and he won’t even know whats happening wish it weren’t so.

dhunter on May 1, 2008 at 9:45 AM

Gartrip on May 1, 2008 at 8:05 AM

Isn’t Part 2 on tonight? I say let her talk some more! The more she reveals her socialist side, the better!

geckomon on May 1, 2008 at 9:50 AM

dhunter on May 1, 2008 at 9:45 AM

If that were to happen, McCain only has himself to blame.

I don’t let anyone, including my favorite commentators (who are opinionated by description), persuade me where I don’t want to be persuaded.

Now, when a biased news service tries to, when they are purporting to be non-prejudicial, that’s a different story. That’s when I get frustrated.

geckomon on May 1, 2008 at 9:58 AM

So, O’Reilly didn’t go in the tank for Hillary? It’s hard to tell from the clip.

thegreatbeast on May 1, 2008 at 10:12 AM

I didn’t watch and I’m glad.

moonsbreath on May 1, 2008 at 10:21 AM

What was that squeaky little laugh/cackle? She must have been trying to suppress the full-throated, all out raspy cackle.

txsurveyor on May 1, 2008 at 10:28 AM

funky chicken on May 1, 2008 at 9:10 AM

Thanks for bringing back memories. I was in Charlotte when JB & B were – I try to explain “the McAdenville Horror” (try it now) to my family every Christmas but they never quite get it.
You’re right, the skit you describe seems more politically astute than I’d have given them credit for.

Quisp on May 1, 2008 at 11:29 AM

Enough rope.

Reaps on May 1, 2008 at 11:31 AM

I’ve got to tell you, I think she did an admirable job. She parried back and forth and held her position while injecting humor and earthiness.

She still sucks, but you have to give credit where it is due.

And most deliciously, the KOS kids are foaming at the mouth. That alone is worth her presence on the show.

kathy from austin on May 1, 2008 at 11:47 AM

O’Reilly is kissing Obama’s *ss, trying to get an interview with him also.
O’Reilly, the best panderer on TV and radio.

right2bright on May 1, 2008 at 11:59 AM

O’Reilly makes me sick. I don’t watch him anymore.

Gartrip on May 1, 2008 at 8:05 AM

A good list, and probably only half the questions a real reporter would ask.

right2bright on May 1, 2008 at 12:01 PM

“…the freak show aspect of two egos large enough to have their own gravitational fields colliding makes it must-watch.” (Big O and Mrs. BJ = Blackhole?)
Superb commentary, bordering on poetry…heck it IS prose poetry. I must keep AP’s skillful word-smithing in mind when I don’t agree with his POV. (Note 2 self)
I saw several minutes of this carne-val, beyond-beezaro-fest, just enough time to locate my bucket. Wow, if it weren’t for pandermonius narcissistic phoneys I’d be a much wider load.

Kathy from Austin verified my (easily predicted) hunch about the far lefties going into meltdown mode over this. It looks like Barry Whosane? Obama and Ralph the Nadir have a perfect opportunity to do more damage to the ‘Demmicans’.

Christine on May 1, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Should be: the Demmican Party.

Christine on May 1, 2008 at 12:17 PM

I couldn’t watch. I can no longer absorb FOX slowly been tugging it’s carefully collected conservative audience to the left while Murdoch schmoozes with Hillary, who is old enough to be young to Murdoch.

I assumed somewhere Hillary would pretend to force herself to appear on FOX, and O’Reilly is the safest venue being not too conservative so he doesn’t have to ask the hard questions, yet a self declared ‘non liberal’ so he can go for the easy questions.

The unfurling of Wright has turned this campaign upside down.

Obama has re-opened the race wars. He can’t denounce Wright? Obama can’t even denounce Farrakhan. He made people fear for the future of their race. Choosing a black nationalist flag hating Farrakhan loving candidate has to be the stupidist decision in Democrat history. So stupid I keep wondering if it was on purpose, to cleanse Hillary and prep her for the next race.

Who didn’t know about the Obama-Wright love affair?

I excuse the MSM from the conspiracy theories because they are so full of crap and themselves that they assume if they do not mention Obama’s racist ties it will not become known. They are so full of self loathing they inherently agree with a good part of Wright’s world view anyway.

Hillary just has to stand next to Obama now and she shines with inner decency. You would too compared to Hitler

Meanwhile the Obama race bomb has made McCain look rational. Anytime McCain rages or pulls a hissy fit they can run another Wright clip to scare people

Obama has made himself into a bona fide loathesome jerk. By holding onto Wright and Ayers he rejects the rest of America.

If you let America be equated with al quaeda you are scum.

entagor on May 1, 2008 at 12:54 PM

WEAK and LAME interview Bill.
Hillary dodged a little too much and O’Reilly was way to concerned with Soros , Chaos(KOS), the lefties and getting the interview so much so that he forgot to follow thru with the questions Hillary left un-touched/unanswered.
YOU BLEW IT O’REILLY!

shooter on May 1, 2008 at 1:59 PM

ronsfi on May 1, 2008 at 9:28 AM

I feel like I need to stick my head in my gas fireplace after this thought, but what if Hillary loses the nomination and McCain chooses her for his running mate?! Eh? Now I need to go wash my hands…

kirkill on May 1, 2008 at 2:14 PM

Softball

gstrickler on May 1, 2008 at 3:12 PM

kirkill on May 1, 2008 at 2:14 PM

That would not suprise me and be just one more in a long list of reasons to not give the RNC one damn dime.

Some others: front loaded primaries in liberal states, open primaries where dems pick our candidate, amnesty, porker spending, lack of balls compared to the oppositon, dem candidates parading themselves as republicans, Gang of 14, McCain/Feingold, perverts in our party, and on and on…

I’m not represented anymore by either party, taxation without representation!

dhunter on May 1, 2008 at 5:01 PM

DaveS on April 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Red Lasso sucks for me, too.

Al in St. Lou on May 1, 2008 at 6:32 PM

I watched on part one, watching part two now, and it struck me. She doesn’t have the roll of your tongue lies that Bill had, but she CAN lay it on… i found myself agreeing with her words until I realized she will say ANYTHING to get elected and to get that power…

jojostan on May 1, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Two flipping days of the egomaniac O’Reilly evaluating his non-performance in the interview. “Well, I can’t be confrontational with woman.” No Bill, you just did what you always do when you get an arch-liberal in the chair, you rolled over on your back and wagged your tail. We’ve seen you did it time after time be it Michael Moore, Rosie O’Donnell or Hillary Clinton. We all expected it. We all knew your years of talking big about what you’d do if she ever gave you an interview was pure BS.

TheBigOldDog on May 1, 2008 at 8:49 PM

DITCH YouTube – the Media Choice of Terrorists and Islamofascists!!

grtflmark on May 1, 2008 at 8:52 PM

The interview should boost both Bill (O’Reilly) and Hill and may put Bill into position for a BHO interview. With O’Reilly ratings (business) come first.

MaiDee on May 1, 2008 at 10:33 PM

RedLasso works fine on my Safari and Firefox.

I hope Hillary AND Obama hang in to the end. I can’t imagine her being the president, but I doubt that her organization, including Bill, will allow anything to keep her from getting the nomination. I’m looking forward to those fireworks. Anyone else think that Dems will hold their noses and vote for the Dem, in the general election, regardless the animosity…?

Rugged Individual on May 1, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Mike Allen @ POLITICO wrote,

Network records show that since the campaign began in January 2007, Clinton has given 13 interviews to Fox News anchors and correspondents and Obama has given 10.

I’m wondering if “interviews to Fox News” correspondents includes answering one question from the pack of networks holding microphones jammed towards the candidate’s face. I confess, I’ve cut down on television time to read and write, so I’m not witness to all of these alleged Fox “interviews”. So I ask, does the “interview” press conference that Obama gave the barrage of correspondents who got “like eight answers” count?

maverick muse on May 2, 2008 at 8:56 AM

TheBigOldDog on May 1, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Ding Ding Ding

I could not agree more. This is all about Bill O’Reilly and his huge ego.All I have seen is Bill interviewing people asking them what they think about the Cankles interview including voodoo body language analysis for the last two days.

The interview was just another softball love fest.

ScottyDog on May 2, 2008 at 11:39 AM

never had a problem with red lasso

ketket on May 4, 2008 at 1:23 AM

Hillary seems downright smarmy in the interview. I’m thinking that she would actually be more of a threat than Rip Van Obama (asleep for 20 years in the pew).

Mojave Mark on May 4, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Just when you thought the global warming scam artist couldn’t get anymore ridiculous… they prove you wrong.

Surge in fatal shark attacks blamed on global warming

Maxx on May 4, 2008 at 7:50 PM