Video: So, Jimmy, you would have left Wright’s church, right?

posted at 10:15 am on April 29, 2008 by Allahpundit

Please. He’s probably on a first-name basis with the guy who wrote that Hamas op-ed for the church bulletin. Note the long-since debunked “context” defense tacked on to the end here too as an afterthought. Hey, Jim? Even people who want to “have Barack Obama’s f***ing child” have given up on defending Wright. Throw a cretin under the bus for once in your life. It’ll feel good, I promise.

Comments

Awww Jimmy, it would warm your heart to hear “God D*mn America”, you would stand up and salute…it’s just a few words out of a sermon…

right2bright on April 29, 2008 at 10:20 AM

So, he left the Southern Baptist Convention, but he wouldn’t leave Rev. Wright’s church? Nice.

CP on April 29, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Carter = Tool of Satan

darwin on April 29, 2008 at 10:23 AM

Okay Jimmah, so black baptist churches are anti-semitic and black supremacist.

Thanks for cluing us in.

MadisonConservative on April 29, 2008 at 10:24 AM

This guy has a brain the size of a peanut. He needs to be roasted and put away in a jar.

geminicontender on April 29, 2008 at 10:28 AM

He was before my voting life….how’d this pimp get elected?

LtE126 on April 29, 2008 at 10:28 AM

This guy was before my voting life…how’d this pimp get elected?

LtE126 on April 29, 2008 at 10:29 AM

Sorry, double

LtE126 on April 29, 2008 at 10:29 AM

Allah, sorry to go off topic, kind of, but I still laugh out loud every time I see reference to Hitchens calling Andrew Sullivan a lesbian.

Hitchens cops to muddled thinking and some sort of biological disconnect on the incident, but I keep thinking it was spot-on.

Jaibones on April 29, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Jimmy “Peanut” Carter; Worst President Ever.

Don Carne on April 29, 2008 at 10:31 AM

He was before my voting life….how’d this pimp get elected?

LtE126 on April 29, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Nixonian backlash.

a capella on April 29, 2008 at 10:32 AM

If you set out to intentionally scuttle US foreign policy, make the world a more dangerous place and just be an all around tool, could you do a better job than Jimmy Carter?

trubble on April 29, 2008 at 10:32 AM

Jimmy is right about one thing – Jeremiah teaches ‘liberation theology’.

Buy Danish on April 29, 2008 at 10:34 AM

That’s it, now I’m sure Jimmy Traitor is just absolutly FN retarded.

TheSitRep on April 29, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Hey Jimmy,

11 churches…did Billy pee on the side of each church???

chief65 on April 29, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Transient!

Ha!

Jimmy has heard Wright’s LIBERATION theocray all of his life, endorses it himself, and would certainly NEVER leave Wright! Liar, Jimmy Crack Corn!

Jimmy Carter is proof that the DNC agenda is officially Wright’s, and if Hillary tries to say differently, she’s on her own.

Hillary knows better than to drop this last chance scenario.

Those in the GOP have been rightly concerned about their own unity in purpose. Now the DNC faces their own dichotomy anew, what may be espoused and what is verboten.

At least Jimmy follows one rule of thumb: CONSISTENCY as a virtue in and of itself. If Jimmy’s for something, you can bet your life that he/it will hurt your survival by destroying truth, replacing truth/history with his own agenda/account.

Jonah Goldberg quotes Jean-Jaques Rousseau, the father of modern progressive fascism whose concept of the ‘general will’ divinized the people while rendering the person an after-thought, as being right about one thing:

CENSORSHIP is useful for preserving morals but useless for restoring them.

(Liberal Fascism; pp. 13, 396).

maverick muse on April 29, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Jimmy,
If you’ve been hearing black liberation preaching for a lifetime, doesn’t its effects on actual black liberation bear examination?

IOW maybe this crap is hurting black people, not helping them. Now it seems the Dems and preachers like Wright need to keep the folks on the “plantation.”

PattyJ on April 29, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Throw a cretin under the bus for once in your life. It’ll feel good, I promise.

He’s not a cretin in Obama’s eyes if Obama agrees with him.

Mr. Bingley on April 29, 2008 at 10:53 AM

Hmm, Carter has heard, in reference to Wright, “this kind” of preaching all his life. So has Obama. And we all know what kind of president Carter went to become.

amkun on April 29, 2008 at 10:54 AM

[LtE126 on April 29, 2008 at 10:29 AM]

Bitter people sold on the ideas of Hope and Change who quit clinging to their guns and religion and voted on the sole issue of better economic times.

Dusty on April 29, 2008 at 10:59 AM

He was before my voting life….how’d this pimp get elected?

LtE126 on April 29, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Nixonian backlash.

a capella on April 29, 2008 at 10:32 AM

Even with that, Jimmah got a whopping 50.1% of the popular vote.

Billy Jeff Clinton was elected with far less…only 43% of the popular vote…and re-elected with only 49.2% of the popular vote.

George W. Bush was re-elected with a larger percentage of the popular vote than any Democrat has received since LBJ in 1964 (when the country was looking for stability in the wake of the JFK assassination). JFK himself was elected with only 49.7% of the popular vote.

Besides LBJ, you have to go all the way back to FDR to find another Democrat who got a larger percentage of the popular vote than George W. Bush got four years ago.

I am fully aware that the Electoral College vote, not the popular vote, is what elects our president. I just like to quote those figures because the Democrats think the popular vote should determine the President, and they hate to be reminded of those statistics.

Red Pill on April 29, 2008 at 11:04 AM

You want “Liberation”?

Try this.

Red Pill on April 29, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Did he just throw his local African-American church in Plains under the bus. He said he’s “heard this kind of preaching all my life.” Given Carter’s age, that must mean that some AA preacher in Plains, Ga., invented “liberation theology.” And does he mean to say he went to African-American churches in his childhood? If so, that’s certainly a lie.

rivlax on April 29, 2008 at 11:13 AM

Like I said, this guy is the living breathing epitome of idiocy.

pilamaye on April 29, 2008 at 11:14 AM

This interview speaks volumes!

abinitioadinfinitum on April 29, 2008 at 11:20 AM

I still can’t believe that Carter was once my CIC.

He needs an oval office to go and hide in, the world has had enough of this jackass.

What really blows my mind is the fact that this completely irrelevant moron is given 5 seconds of air time.

winemkr on April 29, 2008 at 11:54 AM

You have to wonder…In the Grand Scheme of Things…Regan is up playing chess with the Almighty…and we’re left with this blithering, insane, bitter, imbecile…

The Lord does work in mysterious ways…..

BigWyo on April 29, 2008 at 12:04 PM

and I voted for that dunderhead.
makes me reconsider my entire existence.
then again, I’ve come a long way, baby.

jimmer on April 29, 2008 at 12:09 PM

We Georgians gave the world two things, Coca Cola and Jimmah Carter.

Sorry about the latter and have some rum with the former.

EJDolbow on April 29, 2008 at 12:10 PM

The question should be, would he leave his church for racist, America and Jew hate rhetoric?

Maybe not since its obvious he believes as he always did that Americans and Jews are awful and white people should never be, uppity.

Speakup on April 29, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Spoken like the true lusting at heart racist Carter is.

Kini on April 29, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Why does anyone continue to interview him.

Glynn on April 29, 2008 at 12:18 PM

Borrowing from Ed’s Wright thread of today

confirm Wright Carter’s status as a racial demagogue and borderline lunatic

I question the “borderline” on Carter, just like I do on Wright.

Entelechy on April 29, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Confirmed. Jimmuh = Delusional

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on April 29, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Jimmy Carter is only part of the Democrat party.

abinitioadinfinitum on April 29, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Carter = Tool of Satan

darwin on April 29, 2008 at 10:23 AM

Sorry, wrong, he’s just a plan tool. He is a vacuos, pitiful old man searching for something to be remembered for other then his utter ineptitude as President.

PatriotPete on April 29, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Worst President Ever

RobCon on April 29, 2008 at 3:23 PM

OK, I’m in a bad mood to begin with and I come in and see this crap from that craphead who used to occupy the white house. Doesn’t help my mood. This person, not a man by any reasonable definition, was and is a disgrace. He should never be seen on tv or heard or radio in the US ever. His books should be burned. I encountered him in person once, about 5 years ago. I made the mistake of behaving civilly and politely to him. I should have kicked him in his overbite. Spare us any future information about this hick, PLEASE.

Longhorn Six on April 29, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Please Dhimmi, just crawl under a rock and stay there….

adamsmith on April 29, 2008 at 5:28 PM

I think some of my lunch just came up!

elifino on April 29, 2008 at 5:35 PM

We need a new sitcom titled “Welcome back Carter” It could star Jimma as the former Commhog returning to teach the next generation of commhogs. It would star Al Gore as Goreshack – “ooo ooo oooo, mister Carter? Is it hot in here or is just global warming coming to destroy us all?” Next we have Obama playing Freddie “boom boom” Washington – “Mister Cahtare, How can I live up to your most excellent Presidency?” Then there is Edwards and Kerry who could combine to play Vinnie Barbarino (it takes both of them to equal one man) “Up your something with a rubber hose” Finally we have Hillary playing Juan Luis Pedro Philippo DeHuevos Epstein – “Mister carter – I have a note here that says I’m supposed to be president next. Its from my husband mother

Corsair on April 29, 2008 at 8:43 PM

Jimmah…go back to the Middle East where you are needed.

Golfer_75093 on April 30, 2008 at 9:31 AM

More proof that former Pres. Carter was the worst Leader this country has ever had, unless Obama is elected.

Let’s keep showing the similarities that Obama is Jimmy Carter reincarnated.

MSGTAS on April 30, 2008 at 10:00 AM