Audio: Limbaugh suspends Operation Chaos over Obama’s Wright meltdown

posted at 6:56 pm on April 29, 2008 by Allahpundit

An “operational pause” as conservative America gauges whether Hillary’s still easier to beat than Obama in the wake of Pastorgate. Answer: Yup. No matter what kind of hit he takes in the polls, it won’t be so bad as to let her make up the difference in pledged delegates through the end of the primaries. Which means he’ll still be the presumptive nominee, which means the superdelegates will still risk alienating black voters by denying him the nomination, which in turn means Hillary will limp into the general with a major vacuum in her base. Obama might limp in too now thanks to Wright but there’s no sense giving a breather to a dynamo on the stump who raises $50 million a month. So keep pushing her, secure in the knowledge that even if the worst should befall us and we end up stuck with a Democrat in the White House, the pragmatist is still preferable to the “post-partisan” hard leftist.

Comments

Answer: Yup.

Agreed.

Not if she makes Sharpton her VP pick. Hee. Hee.

the pragmatist is still preferable to the “post-partisan” hard leftist.

Indeed. Clinton needs to pull this off for the sake of the country.

Weight of Glory on April 29, 2008 at 7:02 PM

I’m calling for a different type of chaos for McCain here in NC. I’m still pissed that he stuck his nose in our business here in NC as we try to take back our governor’s mansion (at least!), especially now that the NCGOP has been vindicated vis a vis Obama/Wright. I will vote for Huckabee or Paul (eeney meeney miney moe). McCain needs to learn his lesson the hard way by losing or barely getting over 50% of the primary vote. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

SouthernGent on April 29, 2008 at 7:04 PM

Ridiculous!! Sounds like mission-creep to me.

Hillary is easier to beat due to the “gasoline option”. Black voter’s disappointment will add fuel to the “recreate 68″ demos.

The purpose of “Operation Chaos” is chaos! Maximum chaos. There is only one path to maximum Democrat destruction. Stay the course!

Agrippa2k on April 29, 2008 at 7:06 PM

That is just perfect. I’ve been thinking for a while now that I might take an automatic Clinton Presidency over a “maybe” Obama Presidency. He just scares the *blank* out of me.

VolMagic on April 29, 2008 at 7:07 PM

Operation Chaos should be going full steam ahead right now! What is he thinking? How sweet would it be if Obama didn’t win another primary before the convention?!

WisCon on April 29, 2008 at 7:08 PM

There’s no true operational pause in that there are no primaries this week, and CINCUSOC has ordered no support other than votes.
This is disinformation aimed at the MSM, to see if they can be shaken from their Obamarapture and add CHAOS to the mix.

Iblis on April 29, 2008 at 7:10 PM

As a North Carolina Field Artillery Commander, I see the battlefield clearly. I HAVE to early vote tomorrow, due to a five month trip to Montana. Seeing the topography of this conflict, I am voting for Obama. This may upset my superior officer Limbaugh, however the evidence is clear. Obama is a wounded man with a bleeding gutshot. I hate the Clintons more than any foe that will ever arise. Enough of the Hillary pick-me-up. I encourage all other OPERATION CHAOS early voters in Limbaugh Limbo as myself to vote Obama. The Messiah is a walking dead man. Don’t let Billary off the turf.

THE CHOSEN ONE on April 29, 2008 at 7:10 PM

VolMagic

RIDICULOUS!!! Have we had Obama on the brain for so long we forget who Hillary is? Without the black vote she’ll be crippled.

F-it McCain ’08

Agrippa2k on April 29, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Whether OC was a useful tool or not, it’s been a pure pleasure watching the MSM today attempting to find cover for BO. Chrissy’s insisting the “divorce” is final and “unequivocal”——The “softball” crew are in full damage control for their Messiah.

Pass the popcorn

Rovin on April 29, 2008 at 7:12 PM

Allah, does RedAsso!& ever work???

Youtube, please! This is like going back in time to the Real Player circa 1998.

Buffering…buffering…buffering………….

QC, man. Worse than worthless.

wordwarp on April 29, 2008 at 7:16 PM

Yup. Agreed.

Jaibones on April 29, 2008 at 7:17 PM

The Democratic party would self-destruct if they found themselves stuck with Hillary after the convention. She’d spend the fall campaign fighting her own party as much as McCain.

Obama is dealing with an embarrassing by inconsequential issue with Wright. If Obama gets the nomination and the Dems unite around him, he’ll be very tough.

Voting for Hillary in the remaining primaries helps the GOP.

dedalus on April 29, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Just as long as OC does not re-deploy to Japan this VA voter is ok with the cease fire.

F15Mech on April 29, 2008 at 7:20 PM

The problem with Operation Chaos is that it’s so hard to top the damage these two candidates do to themselves. It’s like being Ed Morrissey’s barber. Nothing left to do.

RBMN on April 29, 2008 at 7:21 PM

I’ve noticed fewer posts than normal today. You playing GTA or something?

Typhonsentra on April 29, 2008 at 7:22 PM

It’s like being Ed Morrissey’s barber. Nothing left to do.

Oh snap!

Weight of Glory on April 29, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Agrippa2k on April 29, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Yes, we do know who she is. That’s why I think she’s somewhat safer than Obama. The Repubs in Congress will fight Madame Hillary tooth and nail. Mister Obama? Not so much.

Listen, if Obama is Pres. I’m almost positive he will get his agenda passed. Hillary will have a tougher time. Because we know who she is.

And I’d say F— it, Thompson ’08

VolMagic on April 29, 2008 at 7:23 PM

Limbaugh said he was going on a deep intelligence mission. Clever disinformation campaign to take the heat off … He should be back tomorrow. Way too much fun, should be against the law.

If a Democrat wins the White House, it probably will be.

tarpon on April 29, 2008 at 7:23 PM

RBMN on April 29, 2008 at 7:21 PM

Too Funny RBMN! (We gonna find that line in the CQ archives?)

Rovin on April 29, 2008 at 7:27 PM

AP at least use sevenload get rid of Red Lasso it sucks!

Chakra Hammer on April 29, 2008 at 7:30 PM

The first black president will be a Republican.

jdun on April 29, 2008 at 7:30 PM

RBMN on April 29, 2008 at 7:21 PM

He wuz just playin tha dozens.

mattshu on April 29, 2008 at 7:30 PM

RBMN on April 29, 2008 at 7:21 PM

RBMN has hit it on the head. If either OB or HC win the presidency this fall after the extra votes cast because of OC I don’t know how many participants are going to be happy.

Browncoatone on April 29, 2008 at 7:30 PM

Rush became a moron…first when he wouldn’t endorse Fred (but whatever), then when whined about there not being a “real conservative” left, but most of all with this “Operation Chaos” thing.

I said right from the start…be careful what you wish for.

Rush was wrong to try to keep Hillary in the race. Yes…it’s great to see the Dem’s fall apart by attacking each other. But the real test comes in November, and whether we keep the White House (R) or not.

Supreme Court, anyone?

JetBoy on April 29, 2008 at 7:33 PM

I disagree. Obama is much easier to beat.

Jay on April 29, 2008 at 7:33 PM

JetBoy on April 29, 2008 at 7:33 PM

All Operation Chaos has done is to reinforce the meme that people, are identifying more with the Democrat party since they are registering democrat..

Rush is telling people to register democrat.

Chakra Hammer on April 29, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Allah, does RedAsso!& ever work???

Youtube, please! This is like going back in time to the Real Player circa 1998.

Buffering…buffering…buffering………….

QC, man. Worse than worthless.

wordwarp on April 29, 2008 at 7:16 PM

Works fine for me (cable modem, MacBook Pro, OS 10.4, Safari).

MrLynn on April 29, 2008 at 7:38 PM

I disagree. Obama is much easier to beat.

Jay on April 29, 2008 at 7:33 PM

It’s will be about the same.

Whatever liberal wins on the Dem side, a percentage of the losers supporters will vote for McCain as to help their candidate for 2012.

Chakra Hammer on April 29, 2008 at 7:38 PM

Blacks as a whole aren’t going to be alienated by Hillary if she snags the nomination. They will blame Republicans for Operation Chaos. The best outcome now is that Obama is the nominee, because he is too damaged to win, and Hillary is compelled to accept the nomination for VP to save the party. She won’t want the job, and both she and BJ will be sabotaging Obama the whole way.

pedestrian on April 29, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Totally agree with the analysis, AP. Memo to Rush: Hurry up and resume before the next primary.

OneGyT on April 29, 2008 at 7:42 PM

THE CHOSEN ONE on April 29, 2008 at 7:10 PM

You listen to Rush? Coulda fooled me. I think it’s more likely that you work for the opposition.

Buy Danish on April 29, 2008 at 7:44 PM

McCain wasn’t going to do the job that Hillary will and has done. And I think you underestimate the damage that this primary is doing long-term to the Democrat coalition.

Rush knows the truth…that the effect from ‘Operation Chaos’ is more psychological than actual. There really aren’t a huge number of cross-overs. This operational pause is a little jab at Obama, because he had another bad day.

The longer these two candidates go after each other, the better the chance that the Republican nominee wins. Since Rush really isn’t going to champion McCain, he’s having as much fun as possible tweaking the Democrats.

And Red Lasso is fine…YouToob is blocked in a lot of places.

Asher on April 29, 2008 at 7:46 PM

Buy Danish on April 29, 2008 at 7:44 PM

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend.

THE CHOSEN ONE on April 29, 2008 at 7:49 PM

and we end up stuck with a Democrat in the White House

We end up with a democrap in the White House no matter who wins.

Zorro on April 29, 2008 at 7:51 PM

SouthernGent on April 29, 2008 at 7:04 PM

With you on that. Paul gets my vote next Tuesday (the lesser of 4 evils). Let’s keep McCain under 50%.

Valiant on April 29, 2008 at 7:52 PM

SouthernGent on April 29, 2008 at 7:04 PM

With you on that. Let’s keep McCain under 50%.

Valiant on April 29, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Good for Rush.

I was afraid last weekend that he’d be too vain. Time now to regroup and study the landscape for our OWN platform.

Now is the spring of our discontent.

maverick muse on April 29, 2008 at 7:54 PM

Whether one is “easier to beat” than the other is irrelevant, and I certainly don’t agree that “the pragmatist is still preferable to the “post-partisan” hard leftist”, as I define “preferable” in non-partisan terms. It has become obvious that the longer Obama is a (the?) major player in the Democrat party, the greater damage he does to contemporary American liberalism. I suspect most here won’t agree with me, but I’d be happy to see him continue this prolonged ideological seppuku, even if it entails his winning the presidency. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind between now and November.

Lee on April 29, 2008 at 8:01 PM

Paul gets my vote next Tuesday

Valiant on April 29, 2008 at 7:52 PM

You’re kidding, right?

JetBoy on April 29, 2008 at 8:21 PM

I don’t think people should be so confident Obama is going away even if he loses in the primaries or the general if he gets there. He’s young. I don’t think we will have heard the last of him. I was thinking that maybe when he began this race he was really running for 2012 or 2016. I wonder if his success at this time surprised him.

As for operation chaos, I think it’s mostly Rush taunting them. He really does know how to push their buttons.

deewhybee on April 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM

deewhybee on April 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM

I don’t know, if he gets smacked down good in the general I don’t think we will hear much from him again.

Vigilante on April 29, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Allah, does RedAsso!& ever work???

Youtube, please! This is like going back in time to the Real Player circa 1998.

Buffering…buffering…buffering………….

QC, man. Worse than worthless.

wordwarp on April 29, 2008 at 7:16 PM

I have to chime in here also. It is a pain to get Red Lasso to work. I usually have to refresh the page many times before the video/audio will run. This happens on both my home and work computer. And I have Flash updated. YouTube is much more reliable.

Mallard T. Drake on April 29, 2008 at 8:42 PM

deewhybee on April 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM

Usually you only get one shot at the presidency. I think this goes doubly for him, since 90% of his appeal is as a novelty candidate – not only that, but one entirely devoted to “change”. That would be very hard to maintain in a hypothetical second run.

He’ll be in the senate till we’re all old and gray though.

vonspringer on April 29, 2008 at 9:16 PM

BHO and friends donated $1M to Odinga?

heroyalwhyness on April 29, 2008 at 9:19 PM

You guys are having way too much fun with this.
I’ll be voting Clinton next Tuesday as the pragmatist vote.

By the way, gotta be operating system something or other for you guys, Red Lasso works much better for me than crappy YouTube. I have heard of the Flash update problem.

SouthernDem on April 29, 2008 at 9:23 PM

The real question is, which of these 3 Democrats do we want as President.

TheSitRep on April 29, 2008 at 9:25 PM

I just switched my party affiliation a couple hours ago here in Oregon so I can vote in the primary. :D

Afterimage on April 29, 2008 at 9:44 PM

Rush deserves the “Nobel Peace Prize” nomination again
for Operation Chaos and if it works he should be awarded it.

Texyank on April 29, 2008 at 9:46 PM

It’s like being Ed Morrissey’s barber. Nothing left to do.
RBMN on April 29, 2008 at 7:21 PM

That’s funny! My wife is asking me what the heck I’m busting up about.

Don’t ever doubt Rush; the man knows shit we will never know about the goings on in the political world. It’s no wonder the Liberal media and the Dems have no answer for Rush; the dude’s (2) steps ahead of their bullshit at all times.

Keemo on April 29, 2008 at 10:00 PM

Afterimage on April 29, 2008 at 9:44 PM

I hope you didn’t do it via the post office. Rumor has it only changes in Oregon done at Board of Elections will make it into the right hands on time.

THE CHOSEN ONE on April 29, 2008 at 10:01 PM

THE CHOSEN ONE on April 29, 2008 at 10:01 PM

They said as long as it was postmarked today you’d be fine but I went to the elections office in Oregon City anyway.

Afterimage on April 29, 2008 at 10:11 PM

OK, call me ignorant, but I don’t listen to Rush. What exactly is Operation Chaos?

cannonball on April 29, 2008 at 10:39 PM

cannonball on April 29, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Re-register as Unaffiliated or Independent depending on your
State’s individual election law, then vote for whomever is losing the dem primary. Now, Hillary, Later perhaps Obama and so on. This re-registering obviously will have no bearing on your vote in the general and our nominee is already decided.Pay attention, it’s the most fun I’ve had since the recount in 2000.

THE CHOSEN ONE on April 29, 2008 at 10:52 PM

As usual, conservatives don’t see the forest for the trees. Even if Hill or Obie get beat in the general, what are we going to do about McCain?

fossten on April 29, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Valiant on April 29, 2008 at 7:52 PM

huck maybe never paul. who you voting for on the rest of the ticket?

unseen on April 30, 2008 at 12:14 AM

fossten on April 29, 2008 at 11:14 PM

You’re going to remain in close contact with your Representative and your Senators, reminding them of the many points on which you disagree with McCain. And you’re going to groom a challenger for McCain for the election of 2012.

Kralizec on April 30, 2008 at 3:12 AM

We need to check our fire here and figure out which one of these two will produce the most desirable outcome in November.

With Obama, Queeg could win, but we probably won’t make much headway in congress, while Hillary would probably beat Queeg, but sink almost every other Dem on every other ballot
come November.

The question: Which creates the more acceptable scenario, Queeg with a Dem congress OR Evita with a GOP congress (no later than 2010 for full reclaimation) and the back of the Democratic Party broken to splinters for the foreseeable future?

SuperCool on April 30, 2008 at 3:31 AM

SouthernGent on April 29, 2008 at 7:04 PM

SouthernGent, we’re not alone in how we feel about McCain. The general election is the time when you “suck it up” and vote for the party’s nominee. The primaries are the time when you vote for the candidate who best represents your values. Take a look at this “compass”. If you want a candidate who will be libertarian (completely neutral) on social issues, vote for Paul. If social conservative issues are important to you, vote for Huckabee. I’m voting for Huckabee.

We’re both in Miller’s district, so we may even pass each other at the polls!

Red Pill on April 30, 2008 at 9:34 AM

The first black president will be a Republican.

jdun on April 29, 2008 at 7:30 PM

Amen to that.
Huckabee/Steele 2009-2017,
President Steele 2017-2025

Red Pill on April 30, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Supreme Court, anyone?

JetBoy on April 29, 2008 at 7:33 PM

That issue reigns supreme. (yes, pun intended)

Bush’s legacy will live on long after he leaves office because he put two excellent justices on the court.

Five of the nine justices are 68 years old or older. If a Democrat wins the White House, how many of those do you think will retire to be replaced by younger liberals (like John Edwards, perhaps)? If McCain wins the White House, you can’t expect conservative justices (McCain’s leadership of the Gang of Fourteen revealed him for what he is). The only way to get more justices like Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, and Alito on the court is to elect Mike Huckabee. Impossible? Not if McCain ends up with less than 1191 votes at the convention. Not if a health issue or scandal prevents McCain from being able to accept the nomination.

Red Pill on April 30, 2008 at 9:50 AM

pedestrian on April 29, 2008 at 7:40 PM

If Hillary is forced to accept the VP slot, Hillary may make Obama go the way of Vince Foster in order to clear the way for her to become POTUS. Hillary would blame it on the VRWC.

Red Pill on April 30, 2008 at 9:54 AM

fossten on April 29, 2008 at 11:14 PM

We need to ride McCain hard from the beginning, starting now. The upside of McCain is he might give us better SCOUS nomination than the other two (maybe) and I think he might be better at fighting the Islamofascist.

But vote, because there is more to the election than the presidential aspect and we are going to need conservative congressmen to keep McCain in line (if it can be done).

Maxx on April 30, 2008 at 11:58 AM