Pray for the King

posted at 10:05 pm on April 28, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Viewers and listeners of my show are familiar with my friend King Banaian of SCSU Scholars. He has appeared many times to explain economics; he’s the house expert on the subject, being the chair of the Economics Department at St. Cloud State University. He can explain economics so that laymen can understand it, and do so in an entertaining and compelling manner.

Tonight, though, King could use prayers and thoughts of everyone here at Hot Air. His co-blogger Janet explains:

King is in the hospital at this time and won’t be blogging for a while. We’d talked Saturday morning – he’d landed in the hospital then with some stomach problems. He’s on a restricted diet so stomach issues cannot be ignored. He was feeling better and they could find no source of the problem. He came to the Twin Cities to do his afternoon radio show, drove back to St. Cloud only to return to the hospital on Saturday night.

Tests run today indicate his problem is his gall bladder. He’ll wait for surgery because he is now running a fever and having heart palpitations. His St. Cloud blogging buddy, Gary Gross, has information here.

King and I used to partner up with Mitch Berg on the NARN broadcasts until we split the NARN shows into two-hour blocs, and King paired up with Michael Brodkorb. I’ve known him for almost five years through the blogs and the radio show, and he’s one of the sharpest people in the business. More than anything else, King’s a great friend — the kind of man who brings energy and enthusiasm to every conversation and makes friends with everyone in earshot.

Keep a good man and his family in your prayers and thoughts tonight. Many thanks in advance for your support.

Comments

Prayers up! One of my twin daughters went through this when she was pregnant. It was very painful.

Connie on April 28, 2008 at 10:08 PM

I’ve had a gall bladder attack and it is the most horrific pain that I have ever experienced in my life. My nurse was a mother of four and she assured me that childbirth was a cakewalk in comparison because she had experienced both. I’ll pray not only for his health and recovery but also for his sanity.

TBinSTL on April 28, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Get that sucker out…the scope procedure is no big deal.

funky chicken on April 28, 2008 at 10:16 PM

My prayers and best wishes to Banaian and his family.

doubleplusundead on April 28, 2008 at 10:17 PM

I’m praying the following verses over King Banaian:

But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5

who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.
1 Peter 2:24

Red Pill on April 28, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Get well soon.

BadgerHawk on April 28, 2008 at 10:36 PM

King is a great guy. Hope he is well – and blogging again – very soon.

pbundy on April 28, 2008 at 10:37 PM

Best wishes to him. I don’t know him, but I know people who have had gall bladder surgery. He’ll be just fine.

SouthernGent on April 28, 2008 at 10:47 PM

I’m praying the following verses over King Banaian:

But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;

The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5
1 Peter 2:24
Red Pill on April 28, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Ditto …… Prayers said and passed on

Rovin on April 28, 2008 at 10:51 PM

God speed, King.

dmann on April 28, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Gallstones hurt!

Hoping King recovers enough very soon so he can get the bloody (gall-y? gallic?) thing out!

If my female human is any example, he’ll feel great and may even be able to un-restrict his diet a little.

Mew

acat on April 28, 2008 at 11:22 PM

He will be in my prayers Ed …. and my hopes for a full recovery.

Maxx on April 29, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Ed,I don’t know this fine individual,but if he’s in your circle that’s all I need to know.

I hope they find wants wrong,and I pray for a speedy
recovery of King.

canopfor on April 29, 2008 at 12:34 AM

Best wishes for a speedy recovery of Mr. King Banaian.

Entelechy on April 29, 2008 at 1:21 AM

My prayers and best wishes to Banaian and his family.

Zorro on April 29, 2008 at 6:42 AM

Ed – let’s not forget David Strom from the Taxpayers League. As Margaret mentioned in chat on Saturday, David is at the Mayo Clinic for complications from his heart. I got an email from her this morning saying that he had a setback over the weekend but he seems to be doing better today.

We need the ENTIRE NARN in good health for the election.

LL