Quote of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on April 24, 2008 by Allahpundit

“I’m dreaming of riots in Denver.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Allah is “you guys”. I just read the site just like you do.

Well, actually, most of “us guys” understand Allah is at best a NY republican.

Anyone who thinks Rush is praying for death and destruction has not listened to him very long or forgot to take your anti-polical correctness medicine this morning. It can be argued convincingly (and not vice-a-versus) that the major institutional problems and crisis that have effected this country over the past 50 years have been caused by liberal policies and our governments slide to the left. The world view of us, which the left always likes to point to, is created by a leftist media and hollywood. I have a friend in belgium who thinks police battallions roam the streets beating people and taking them away. Her view of life in the US was very similar to how life in the soviet union was. How many times have we heard “Katrina” in the last week? The left and the propaganda media have pulled it out and will be using it over and over until November. Katrina was the biggest example of what the effect of the democrats and the left having total control will result in, yet the country and world thinks it was all Bush’s fault. The democrats setting upon themselves with no conservatives to blame will be a perfect example of what they are all about yet mushy, post modern infected so called conservatives already are lining up to take the blame off the demofascists and focus off the truth. Rush was pointing out the obvious, he is an observer and commentator, not causing it to happen. The democrats are about to have a battle in the streets over whether or not a marxist, racist anti-American is their nominee and some here want to help them bury that story and make the story “Rush is too mean”.

peacenprosperity on April 25, 2008 at 6:19 AM

peacenprosperity on April 25, 2008 at 6:19 AM

Excellent post.

The more radical elements in the dem party started planning for massive protests in Denver MONTHS ago. If Hillary some how gets the dem nod, Denver will burn.

I’ll bet Rush gets blamed for that too.

Talon on April 25, 2008 at 6:49 AM

The Left wants a revolution. They WANT to overthrow this government…either peacefully or not. Whether we “wish” to see blood in the streets or not is irrelevent.

Lets play a game and put Al Qaeda in the place of the Left. And before some wag points out that the left is not Al Qaeda, I agree the left is much worse…consider the death toll of the last 100 years for which the left is responsible. Not only the 60 million dead in China, the 30 million dead in Soviet Russia, but the millions that died from the benevolent lefts attempts to save them…

Are we so comfortable that we wish for peace regardless of the circumstances? Are we so comfortable that we merely disagree with the methods Al Qaeda uses to achieve their goals or do we disapprove with the goals themselves? If Al Qaeda won the election in the states by a clear majority would we then feel satisfied enough that the “process” had been followed that we would allow them to institute their “program” here in the states regardless of our invididual rights? Burkas for everyone because the process has been followed? Individual rights for no one because the process has been followed? Majority rules? Minority drools?

Or would that be cause to oh my gosh fight? Quit being a bunch of ninnies…Country Club Republicans anyone?

Perhaps we might want to remember the words of one of our patriots “Don’t fire unless you are fired on, but if they want a war, let it begin here.”

PierreLegrand on April 25, 2008 at 7:06 AM

Rush being attacked and marginalized? Wow, Until I read all these comments, I never realized how much the HotAir blog has been infested with RINOs, passive aggressive Liberals, and incognito anarchist Libertarians!

I find very little Conservative reasoning and rationality in many of the comments. I guess this is normal behavior for TV induced psychosis. Many should try to make an attempt at getting away from the TV for while and maybe take up a hobby. You will be surprised how fast rational thought returns.

There are only a handful of Conservative speakers that can penetrate the buzzing hive of Mediocrity that TV and Print Media have wrought upon American Society. Rush is one of them.

Egfrow on April 25, 2008 at 7:15 AM

This is off topic, but did anyone else see O’Reilly completely not understand how oil costs what it costs on his show last night?

BadgerHawk on April 24, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Yes, I saw that, and boy, was I disappointed in Mr. O’Reilly. The man has not the slightest clue what it means when somebody says “The market sets the price.” He kept saying, “But, isn’t there a person somewhere who sets the price of crude?” “No,” said the industry expert, “The market sets the price.” O’Reilly had no clue what he meant. He wanted so very, very badly to blame those big, eeeeeevil oil companies for the high price of oil. Guess O’Reilly’s not immune to the neo-Marxist lies in the air, the ones that ignoramuses catch like you and I might catch a cold.

I hope O’Reilly someday learns how badly he embarrassed himself.

(Unrelated to this topic, please visit my political blog, “Plumb Bob Blog: Squaring the Culture,” at http://www.plumbbobblog.com. Thanks.)

philwynk on April 25, 2008 at 7:33 AM

“The market sets the price.”

but before we start beating on the market lets all remember that our dollar plummeting to the level of the Peso isn’t helping matters. Actually if you look at the price of oil and the price of gold there is an uncanny resemblence of curves.

Course President El Jorge must devalue the dollar…how else to bail out the idiots.

PierreLegrand on April 25, 2008 at 7:43 AM

Egfrow on April 25, 2008 at 7:15 AM

Amen, brother!

Dork B. on April 25, 2008 at 8:05 AM

Egfrow on April 25, 2008 at 7:15 AM

See? Someone here gets it.

TwinkietheKid on April 25, 2008 at 8:24 AM

Rush aside for later, try this quote on for size!

The (Israeli UN) ambassador called last weekend’s encounter “a very sad episode in American history.” He said it was “a shame” to see Carter, who had done “good things” as a former president, “turn into what I believe to be a bigot.”

maverick muse on April 25, 2008 at 8:47 AM

Now for Rush, who often puts his foot in his mouth:

Rush Limbaugh liked the conservative platform of Sen. Fred Thompson’s POTUS campaign. When the MSM achieved their goal to run Thompson off, they derided Rush as a nothing man, a loud speaker who had little to no influence over his audience. Rush let his feelings get hurt, and is stuck on rebuilding his ego. He persists in gloating over his ability now to “order” his listeners to obey his command. “Rush’s Operation Chaos” is in the pocket of the New World Order, as Rush fails to notice and discuss with the public how WE can force McCain’s hand prior to giving up our vote to any of those progressive liberals, McCain included. True, he will buy our vote with promise for lower taxes; but how do lower taxes justify his destruction of the rule of law? How do lower taxes REALLY help the majority of our citizens when they are unemployed? Combine highly skilled and educated legal immigrants on VISAS that McCain sponsors, these immigrating workers take our jobs for lower wages than American citizens have earned, combine all of those immigrants with the masses of illegal aliens whom McCain protects and in fact encourages to dominate our skilled work force of craftsmen and journeymen. All the while, McCain refuses to acknowledge the rule of law just as he denounces every GOP who stands on a GOP platform.

Where is Rush? Up his own chaos power trip that does NOT promote the Grand Old Party, only the RINO Party. So Rush has converted to be a RINO along with Gingrich and Bush.

maverick muse on April 25, 2008 at 9:02 AM

Looking for direction here,
Rush is accused of inciting riots in Denver.
Who would be rioting? Liberals.
Will any conservatives be at the Democratic convention? I doubt it.
What liberal will admit to listening to Rush? Arianna, Chris Matthews???
What Liberal will riot because Rush said it. (Referencing Sharpton)
So many questions, so little coffee.

Guest1.1 on April 25, 2008 at 9:17 AM

I’m with Rush.

CP on April 25, 2008 at 9:24 AM

I’m with Rush.

CP on April 25, 2008 at 9:24 AM

Ditto.

RushBaby on April 25, 2008 at 9:52 AM

I don’t get most of the comments here. Rush isn’t inciting a riot, if anything, by announcing his “dream” he’s only making it less likely, not more. What liberal will want to follow Rush’s advice?

Also, he’s right. Conservatives have been hoping for the ultimate crack up of the Democrat party throughout this primary election season. That’s the whole reason for keeping Hillary in the race.

Liberals have been threatening to riot over this crack up, and instead of taking them seriously, we’re still encouraging the crack up.

All Rush is doing is taking them seriously but going forward with his plan anyway. I suppose those of you who find this abhorant just don’t take them seriously, which is fine, but if they are serious, Rush is no more culpable than we are (then again, I wouldn’t blame anyone but the rioters anyway).

Esthier on April 25, 2008 at 10:16 AM

I’m just down the road from Denver, so I think I’ll just hole up in my right wing enclave with my other bitter neighbors clinging to our Bibles and guns.

kirkill on April 25, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Egfrow on April 25, 2008 at 7:15 AM

Amen, brother!

Dork B. on April 25, 2008 at 8:05 AM

I Second that Amen!

kirkill on April 25, 2008 at 10:23 AM

So Rush has converted to be a RINO along with Gingrich and Bush.

maverick muse on April 25, 2008 at 9:02 AM

You’ve got to be joking!

PappaMac on April 25, 2008 at 10:24 AM

maverick muse on April 25, 2008 at 9:02 AM

You are dangerously out of touch with reality. I’m not saying this to insult you, you may want to seek medical help. Testing is called for.

peacenprosperity on April 25, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Just to reiterate: Rush isn’t inciting riots. He’s not ordering Operation Chaos operatives to Denver to engage in violence and mayhem. At most, he’s hoping for riots promised by insane leftists.

And here’s a question: would the benefits of having the Democrat party disintegrate be worth the costs of a Denver riot?

And about this Rush-incited riot: it wouldn’t exactly be the Rodney king riot, if only because the idiot leftists have been bragging about rioting, and the Denver authorities will be prepared.

Get a grip, people.

misterpeasea on April 25, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Sharpton has promised “Protests” if Obama doesn’t get the nomination. Has anyone promised “Protests” if Shillary doesn’t get the nomination?

PappaMac on April 25, 2008 at 10:51 AM

“The market sets the price.”

PierreLegrand on April 25, 2008 at 7:43 AM

Of course. This was also mentioned on O’Reilly’s show, and I’m not certain O’Reilly understood that, either. However, I’m talking specifically about the point in the program where the industry expert was discussing the pricing of crude oil at the oil exchanges in London and New York, and O’Reilly seriously did not have the faintest idea what he was talking about. I guess he figured refiners go to something akin to Best Buy and view pictures of oil barrels behind plexiglass panels, with price tags on each of them. Hilarious.

O’Reilly’s got bucks. He should spring for a little field trip to a commodity exchange so he can get an idea what goes on.

The price of gasoline is affected most by the falling dollar, Asian Rim demand, lack of refining capacity, and political instability in key locations on the globe. None of these are going to change anytime soon, and none of the proposed solutions, aside from reducing gasoline taxes and conserving, will have the slightest impact within the next decade. We’re going to have to get used to expensive gasoline, and that’s that. And, no, it has nothing whatsoever to do with big, evil oil companies.

philwynk on April 25, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Nobody sane wants protests. However, folks like Limbaugh recognize how positive an effect on national politics it might be for the nation to see what sorts of loons make up the Democratic party these days.

For my part, I noted the name of the group planning the protests, “Recreate ’68.” If you ever wanted evidence supporting the thesis that American leftists are stuck in the glory days of the 1960s and are continuing to try to recreate those days when they most readily believed their own goodness and relevance, now you have it.

This is why you have so much difficulty convincing certain people that the Jim Crow-style racism that was common in 1963 doesn’t really exist anymore. If that were true, some folks would have no basis for thinking their lives had relevance; ergo, it has to exist.

Pathetic.

philwynk on April 25, 2008 at 11:31 AM

If you pantywaists want to see a genuine incitement to violence, see Michelle Malkin’s post.

Please, no friendly fire.

misterpeasea on April 25, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Rush is a lovable, harmless little fuzzball. He’s not going to be responsible for riots in Denver, leftist idiots are. Like Al Sharpton.

Lighten up, people.

misterpeasea on April 25, 2008 at 2:28 AM

peacenprosperity on April 25, 2008 at 6:19 AM

peacenprosperity, you got that wrong. I for one am trying to let them organize whatever they want, but not for us, or Rush, to give them an excuse, or someone to blame for it. There is a big difference.

Indy, you are a riot. After saying that you’re “speechless, literally”, you went on to speak quite a bit :)

p.s. Don’t sue me. I’m a helpless girl :)

Entelechy on April 25, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Don’t you see?
Rush is just like a crazy uncle to me, and while I don’t always agree with him…….
Ah, you know the rest….

CBarker on April 25, 2008 at 12:50 PM

If it takes a riot to destroy the Dem party, I’ll be on the first plane out to Denver (after they clean out the scumbags left standing) to invest in repair and revitalization of the economy there. I love Colorado and would be more than happy to stop in for awhile and spend my tax rebate there, and then some.

Big John on April 25, 2008 at 1:01 PM

I’m with Rush.

CP on April 25, 2008 at 9:24 AM

Ditto.

The best way to show voters the folly of voting for Democrats is to let them see live on national TV how they run their own convention: complete trashing of rules, ideas, “rights”, and “fairness” in favor of old-style back room politics. What better way to give voters a crystal clear idea of what those crazies would do to the country?

landlines on April 25, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Entelechy on April 25, 2008 at 12:31 PM

You need to go back and read the first page, Entelechy. There’s an awful lot of political correctness there. The same people who attack Ann Couter are coming out to attack Rush. The left calls the truth “hate speach” and alot of psuedoconservative wimps go along with that.

peacenprosperity on April 25, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Not to mention how they even change their own rules in the middle of the game to achieve their desired results. Americans need to realize that the demofascists want change alright, they want to change the United States into an authoritarian socialist state. That’s what their idea of a “living breathing” constitution is all about. They are not patriotic. They hate our form of government, they hate our economic system and they see nothing but bad in our history. How can they be called patriotic?

peacenprosperity on April 25, 2008 at 1:20 PM

p.s. Don’t sue me. I’m a helpless girl :)

Entelechy on April 25, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Girl?

Prove it.

By the way, I speak from different parts of my body, not just my mouth.

Indy Conservative on April 25, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Anyone that listens to Rush with any regularity KNOWS what he said and what he meant. I think Rush is a kind man that puts his money where his mouth is. (Harry Reid’s letter anyone?) I think he is a true American that wants everyone to be the best they can and to be as well off as he is. Anyway, the riots will be caused ONLY by the leftists. Sharpton, Jackson and Rangle will be leading the way. I really don’t want the good people of Denver to suffer but I REALLY want the dem party to implode!

You all know that the head of the Recreate ’68 group is a friend of Ward Churchill…. right?

Proudvet on April 25, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Girl?

Prove it.

Heh, you haven’t been very attentive. There’s no doubt about it, whatsoever.

By the way, I speak from different parts of my body, not just my mouth.

Noted, and noticed :)

Indy Conservative on April 25, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Entelechy on April 25, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Girl?

Prove it.

Heh, you haven’t been very attentive. There’s no doubt about it, whatsoever.

Entelechy on April 25, 2008 at 2:52 PM

No I haven’t been very attentive. Honestly, I don’t read all or enough topics or comments to notice the gender of each person.

There’s no doubt about it, whatsoever.

Now we’re going to hidden territories :-)

Indy Conservative on April 25, 2008 at 2:58 PM

Entelechy on April 25, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Psst, Entelechy! Don’t tell anybody, but they’re going to blame everyone but themselves for anything bad in Denver: police, VRWC, Rush, Bush, black helicopters, the Illuminati… Shhhh!

p.s. Don’t sue me. I’m a helpless girl :)

Uh, hey baby.

misterpeasea on April 25, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Edible Irish children are considering suing Dean Jonathan Swift.

Modestly.

profitsbeard on April 25, 2008 at 7:56 PM

profitsbeard on April 25, 2008 at 7:56 PM

In college we debate that “proposal.” Half of us were against the idea, the other half, for it.

It was the easiest argument for baby killing I’ve ever participated in. All we had to do was quote Swift, whereas the other side just kept saying, “but it’s wrong,” as though we were sincerely advocating cannibalism.

I hadn’t before realized how stupid college-educated people can be.

Esthier on April 25, 2008 at 9:25 PM

It can easily be realized that, McCain, Ron Paul, Obama, and Clinton are all equally detestable if one sticks to any form principles at all.

Egfrow on April 26, 2008 at 7:17 AM