Clinton lying now about things he said literally yesterday; Update: Video added

posted at 2:58 pm on April 22, 2008 by Allahpundit

An obligatory follow-up to Ed’s post this morning about BJ complaining that the race card was played on him for comparing Obama’s win in South Carolina to Jesse Jackson’s — ironically, one of the few times thus far in the campaign where I thought the Clintons really were guilty of racial politics. Consider it a follow-up too to this post about his comments on Tuzla-gate, which were so inept as to be evidence either of genuinely compulsive lying or willful sabotage of Hillary. Here he is this morning in Pittsburgh, not 24 hours after telling WHYY — and I quote — “I think that they played the race card on me,” suggesting that he never said they played the race card on him.

NBC/NJ: “Sir, what did you mean yesterday when you said that the Obama campaign was playing the race card on you?”

CLINTON: “When did I say that, and to whom did I say that?”

NBC/NJ: “On WHYY radio yesterday”

CLINTON: “No, no, no. That’s not what I said. You always follow me around and play these little games, and I’m not going to play your games today. This is a day about election day. Go back and see what the question was, and what my answer was. You have mischaracterized it to get another cheap story to divert the American people from the real urgent issues before us, and I choose not to play your game today. Have a nice day.”

NBC/NJ: “Respectfully sir, though, you did say …”

CLINTON: “Have a nice day.” [continues shaking hands with supporters]. I said what I said, you can go and look at the interview. And if you’ll be real honest, you’ll also report what the question was and what the answer was.”

NBC/NJ: “They asked you if you regretted your comparing Jesse Jackson to Barack Obama on the day after the South Carolina primary.”

CLINTON: “And I pointed out that I did not do that, and that I complimented them both. And that Jesse Jackson took no offense. And I called him myself, I said, ‘Did you find that offensive?’ And he said no.

Exit question: Compulsive lying or willful sabotage? Or head injury? As you ponder, click the image and watch Obama try to keep a straight face when asked about it. Truly Slick is the gift that keeps on giving.

obama-bj.jpg

Update: Via Perfunction, here’s the vid. Golden.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Flashback:

Slick Willie’s Day of Rage
September 25, 2006

Classic Clinton lying.

Red Pill on April 22, 2008 at 5:20 PM

He lies so much he can’t keep it all straight. Today, yesterday, last week, ten years ago, it’s all the same.

Rosmerta on April 22, 2008 at 5:29 PM

President Clinton – work on us, Jedi mind tricks will not.

The words of Master Yoda – remember you must:
“Fear Leads To Anger, Anger Leads To Hate, Hate Leads to Suffering.”

CP on April 22, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Michelle is on Fox right now about this.

mikeyboss on April 22, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Pathalogical. They both have the problem. Man, look at those bags under the eyes though! I don’t think I’ve ever seen that bad on anyone before.

bikermailman on April 22, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Serious mental problems.

JellyToast on April 22, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Senile?

obladioblada on April 22, 2008 at 6:36 PM

The protectors have become his tormentors– how delicious.

leftnomore on April 22, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Contradiction…….

Seven Percent Solution on April 22, 2008 at 7:29 PM

bikermailman on April 22, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Yah you have…the morning after it was announced that he DID have sex with that woman…he was at a press conference and looked like Hill had had him up all night in a brace against a wall scrreammmiiingg at him harder than the Drill Instructor from Hell…

Long ago the WSJ called him our first existential president…no yesterday, no tomorrow, only today to optimize, with its heartfelt promises to be tomorrow’s used kleenexes.

It is finally catching up with him.

Harry Schell on April 22, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Actually, I’m gonna miss the old coot. He’d be a great contestant on The Biggest Loser, but for a different reason.

Seriously, his time was well before the ‘net exploded and normal folks like us had access to a constant stream of video clips and new media sources that others chose to suppress. There are cameras everywhere and, once spoken, the cat is quickly out of the bag for everyone to see and hear. I guess old Slick hasn’t quite figured that out yet.

joeyb1955 on April 22, 2008 at 8:16 PM

“An’ that’s the gawd’s truth.”

whitetop on April 22, 2008 at 8:18 PM

Scariest thing about this video? The people gathering around to get this disgusting man’s autograph or to shake his hand. It almost makes me lose hope in humanity.

TheBlueSite on April 22, 2008 at 9:56 PM

HE wasn’t lying, just not as accurate as he could have been.

Neo on April 22, 2008 at 10:06 PM

I guess no one remembers one afternoon in Mississippi back in 1991 when he lied about what he said that very morning in Louisiana. Even NPR commented on that whopper.

Jose Chupacabra on April 22, 2008 at 11:36 PM

His lapel pin looks like one of those black and white parental advisory labels. That would be appropriate.

Mallard T. Drake on April 22, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Anybody got a scorecard on this?

So he says Obama is like Jackson in SC, whines about the race card being played on HIM, denies it a day later, then claims he called Jackson to find out if he was offended over something he claimed he never did?

Maybe a map would help in trying to follow this.

91Veteran on April 23, 2008 at 12:10 AM

This is nothing new. If memory serves, this was the S.O.P. of damn near his entire Presidency.

The only thing that’s different now is that there are new forms of alternative media who actually track the lies and thus create accountability.

Cylor on April 23, 2008 at 1:52 AM

Bubba Billy has lied so much his entire life that it is now probably part of his genetic makeup. This ass-clown has pretty much proven that everything he says should be called into question. Even the MSM that used to fall at his feet and pay him homage are now doubting his honesty, what little he possesses.

pilamaye on April 23, 2008 at 8:29 AM

HE wasn’t lying, just not as accurate as he could have been.

Neo on April 22, 2008 at 10:06 PM

No no no. Lanny Davis would inform you that he wasn’t actually lying, because he (BJ) didn’t think he was, so there’s no problem and no story.

BTW, did you know that if you were to open up Lanny’s skull, you’d find an MC Escher sketch?

shibumiglass on April 23, 2008 at 9:50 AM

Well it’s clear that he merely misspoke, the question is which time.

fossten on April 23, 2008 at 10:13 AM

ROFLMAO…If Billy did call Jesse and asked him that stoopid question, the answer would have been: ‘Get off my phone, Cracker!’ It’s well known that Jesse and Billy can’t stand each other, (Maybe BJ didn’t get the memo).
Aside from all the jaw-dropping comments he made yesterday and the day before, (THEY played the race card on ME!), HE’S the one changing the subject and brought up Jesse, not Obama except to say that he praised them both. Projectionist extra ordinaire!
Yes, every day that Billy sucks the air out of his ‘wife’s’ campaign is a gift.
But I keep asking: Why did the Demos let another Clinton run happen? And the answer keeps popping up: They couldn’t stop them.

Christine on April 23, 2008 at 11:51 AM

He was lying for it before he was lying against it.

If he admitted that everything he says is a lie, and then stated that he was lying, would that be telling the truth?

CynicalOptimist on April 23, 2008 at 10:25 PM

I feel bad for that poor woman–the one I hear thinking she was going to have his attention for the moment, trying to mention her daughter to him about something. He just can’t drop any conversation that is about himself, polemical or not.

Like the old joke:

What do Monica Lewinsky and Bob Dole have in common?

They were both upset when Bill finished first.

-T

The Therapist on April 24, 2008 at 9:55 AM

Cylor on April 23, 2008 at 1:52 AM

Well said. We provide the accountability that should have been provided by the MSM all along.

Red Pill on April 24, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Bubba Billy … has pretty much proven that everything he says should be called into question.

How about the testimony to the 9/11 commission?

I want to know what Sandy Berger stole from the Archives and destroyed.

I don’t have proof, but I have heard from people who know that now that the Archives are under new management (someone who had Ruth Bader Ginsberg at his swearing in ceremony) other documents are disappearing from the archives.

Red Pill on April 24, 2008 at 10:53 AM