New Hillary ad: Obama’s too wimpy

posted at 12:06 pm on April 21, 2008 by Allahpundit

Nowhere is His Holiness explicitly mentioned but given that this is the same point Hillary made on Friday in the course of knocking him for whining about the debate, the inference is clear enough. First the 3 a.m. ad, now this: It’s awfully sporting of her to keep making the case for John McCain.

If you want to see what a cool, tough, capable leader she’ll be under fire, sift through this latest gossipy expose from TNR about the train wreck that is her campaign. The juiciest parts have to do with Mark Penn, who comes off as a borderline lunatic, but wade down about three-quarters of the way for a snapshot of what a headache Billy Jeff has been, from insinuating his advisors into the chain of command to stumbling into one soundbite clusterfark after another on the trail. I’m tellin’ all y’all, it’s sabotage.

Comments

I’m just afraid that McCain will come off as wimpy, given his distaste for negative campaigning. Wouldn’t that be ironic? The warrior is a wimp?

NNtrancer on April 21, 2008 at 12:08 PM

I’m tellin’ all y’all, it’s sabotage.

I had to read that three times going “what the? y’all?” before I got the cadence.

Tanya on April 21, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Question: How can two candidates who don’t like the military want be the commander-in-chief?

madmonkphotog on April 21, 2008 at 12:13 PM

I love when boys from Queens quote our Brooklyn Beasties.

Karol on April 21, 2008 at 12:18 PM

Question: How can two candidates who don’t like the military want [to] be the commander-in-chief?

So they can weaken the military.

Think Billy Jeff.

fogw on April 21, 2008 at 12:19 PM

“An economy in crisis”? What planet do these people live on?

“Two wars”? Both of which either Dhimmicrat will retreat from. TWO wimps who wanna retreat from two wars (one war, two theaters).

I guess ol’ Sen. Hilpatine will create a clone army and crush the rebel alliance of the ‘bankers guild and the trade federation’ (capitalism).

Tony737 on April 21, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Hillary is complaining that somebody else is not manly enough to be president! That is just hilarious. I suppose it is true that nobody has accused Hillary of not being manly enough. But does Hillary really want to brag about that?

Larraby on April 21, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Let’s not miss the truth in her message (I can’t believe I’m typing this…) but she really IS better and tougher and would be a better Prez than Obama. I’m going to vote for Mac, of course, but I’m starting to prepare myself for an Obomination presidency.

JustTruth101 on April 21, 2008 at 12:26 PM

NNtrancer on April 21, 2008 at 12:08 PM

You’re joking, right? He certainly didn’t have any qualms with outright lying about Mitt Romney 48 hours before the Florida primaries.

TexasBella on April 21, 2008 at 12:26 PM

Obumble vs. Hillarious.

Keep HOPE-a-dope alive!

profitsbeard on April 21, 2008 at 12:28 PM

Mitt’s a Republican. McCain has always been tougher on Republicans than anyone else.

MarkTheGreat on April 21, 2008 at 12:28 PM

“Obama fights like a girl,” says girl.

Connie on April 21, 2008 at 12:33 PM

It’s awfully sporting of her to keep making the case for John McCain.

She has a double ‘winning’ strategy in mind. If she wins the primary, McCain will return the favor and not be as rough as the ‘RVWC’ on her; if she loses, she’ll go for McCain, unofficially of course, to run again in 2012.

I’m tellin’ all y’all, it’s sabotage.

He would certainly be diminished if she’d win the presidency. His legacy/masculinity, what’s left of them, w/b shot, and she’d make sure to make people forget him for good.

Entelechy on April 21, 2008 at 12:34 PM

JustTruth101 on April 21, 2008 at 12:26 PM

If you would have told me 6 months ago that I would be rooting for Hillary to beat the Messiah, I would have told you where to ….uh…place that thought.
But I am with you Just, she comes off as a much better candidate than the obamatron.
I am truly fearful of him winning the election.

I will do whatever I can to help McCain get elected.

ArmyAunt on April 21, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Good ad.

Better than any McCain ad I’ve seen so far.

/clinton rooting still seems alien

faraway on April 21, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Off-topic: How active is Serpent Head a/k/a James Carville in Hillary’s campaign? The last time he showed up on Meet The Press, he criticized Mark Penn for not having a strategy (this was right after Penn got sidelined for his Colombian conflict-of-interest). These kinds of direct, ad hominem attacks are very reminiscent of his style…

Incidentally, I think Hillary is right about Obama. He’s a leftist with no real experience and with views possibly as dangerously misguided as Carter’s. The vicious racial politics we see from both he and his wife bother me, too. You don’t want this guy as your city dog catcher, let alone President.

But what’s the strategy? She is throwing so much blood into the water that if she loses the nomination, she and Bill will be complete outsiders in an Obama presidency. Likewise, her nastiness is just further dividing democrats, which will both make it harder for the superdelegates to vote against the popular delegate count and put her in as the nominee and will make it all the harder to reconcile the DNC around a Hillary nominee.

Outlander on April 21, 2008 at 12:42 PM

The candidate with no balls says that the one with balls has insufficient balls.

Akzed on April 21, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Hilly told us a long time ago that she doesn’t spend time in the kitchen baking cookies or anything else. What a maroon; I coulda swore that ad was for McCain.

Justtruth and Armyaunt: I’m truly fearful of either Demos winning the general election, but yes, Obama is a tad scarier.
I hope that many conserves do what I’ve done: swallowed hard and realized that there is no other choice but to vote for John. At least my dad and i will be on the same page.

Christine on April 21, 2008 at 12:58 PM

LOL Akzed!
Well, there is a rumor that Hilly had a testicular transplant. The donor? Her ‘husband’.

Christine on April 21, 2008 at 1:00 PM

Where do they hold the leftist meetings to give the go-ahead to torpedo a campaign with an article like the TNR? With all of Obama’s connections to neophytes, corrupt pols, and flat out America-haters are we supposed to believe there aren’t similar articles waiting to be published about Obama’s campaign? You know extensive notes about campaign blunders are sitting on hard-drives waiting for the go-ahead to blame the messenger to save the message if Obama tanks.

pedestrian on April 21, 2008 at 1:05 PM

We should all give thanks to Hillary’s chaotic campaign organization, because only an environment like that could insure that Hillary’s ego is not confronted with the practical need for her to stop campaigning, stop tearing down the inevitable nominee, and let Obama get on with it.

pedestrian on April 21, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Of course Christine, I’m assuming a lot about Hussein, given his bowling form.

Akzed on April 21, 2008 at 1:19 PM

That Truman Quote is awesome.

Dr. Manhattan on April 21, 2008 at 1:23 PM

They show the wall coming down and bin laden but didn’t show Reagan or Bush. Still appears they gave them credit.

peacenprosperity on April 21, 2008 at 1:26 PM

What two wars are the Dems on about?

Is this the crap about Afghanistan being the good one, and Iraq being the bad one? I hate when they try that.

Hillary is a lying, Liberal hypocrite, and don’t let Obama’s higher level of contempt ever eclipse that.

Hening on April 21, 2008 at 1:49 PM

BO is a wimp. I really believe he has become caught up in the messiah stuff that has been attached to him. It’s obvious to anyone not blinded by him that he really gets testy at anyone questioning him. The questions are totally legitimate but he seems to think he shouldn’t be questioned. He refuses to admit he was wrong. He squirms around his close associations with bad people and always wants to change the subject. Funny how that fits his “kick the can down the street” approach of voting “present” so often. He feels people should just accept “change” as his message and otherwise shut up.

The POTUS doesn’t have the luxury of passing the buck and foreign countries won’t play nice. This guy an elitist to the core, totally clueless about how the real world works, and is extremely dangerous!!!! He must be stopped!

libhater on April 21, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Why doesn’t she run the “HE SLAUGHTERS INNOCENT PUPPY DOGS WITH A CHAINSAW AND THEN HE EATS THEM RAW!” ad and just get it over with?

pilamaye on April 21, 2008 at 2:04 PM

I’d like to see the details of Hillary’s media deal with the RNC.

malan89 on April 21, 2008 at 5:02 PM

Too macho.

Nichevo on April 21, 2008 at 6:02 PM

Only one of the two remaining Dem candidates pees sitting down, and her name ain’t Hillary!

SuperCool on April 21, 2008 at 7:01 PM