Obama hints: You know, I’m not sure we need another debate

posted at 10:04 pm on April 17, 2008 by Allahpundit

I don’t get it. After America was so cruelly deprived by ABC of a chance to hear the thousandth iteration of whether his health-care plan is truly “universal,” now he’s going to deprive us of another?

What could explain this sudden reluctance to shine the light of Substance upon a grateful people?

Sen. Barack Obama on Thursday suggested he doesn’t see any point in having another debate with Democratic rival Sen. Hillary Clinton.

Clinton has agreed to a debate next week, but Obama has not yet accepted the invitation.

At an appearance in Raleigh, North Carolina, Obama said he has a lot of campaigning to do in a limited amount of time.

Obama said he had agreed to an earlier debate, but Clinton declined that one.

“I’ll be honest with you, we’ve now had 21,” he said. “It’s not as if we don’t know how to do these things. I could deliver Sen. Clinton’s lines; she could, I’m sure, deliver mine.”

Precisely, which puts the lie in one efficient line to his disciples’ endless disingenuous whining about all the supposed hardcore policy talk we missed out on last night. And Obama’s own whining too: Follow the link to STACLU and watch the clip of him today in Raleigh wondering where all the real questions were during those first stumbling, bumbling 45 minutes of the debate. Unlike his nutroots acolytes, and unlike Hillary when she’s complained in the past about unfair treatment, he’s cheerful, funny, and shrewd in building the whine into his tedious anti-Washington message. BJ reminded him today that politics is a contact sport, but the guy knows how to play. His problem is that he doesn’t always take the long-term view of what’s in his best interest.

Update: Quit while you’re ahead, Slick.

Comments

It will happen, and not for Mike Huckabee’s glory. It will be for God’s glory.

Red Pill on April 18, 2008 at 10:15 AM

He is SUCH a p*ssy! No wonder Michelle is bitter.

ihasurnominashun on April 18, 2008 at 10:16 AM

The more I see of this guy, the more annoying I find him. He wants America to elect him President based on his supposedly superior judgment (”Judgment to Lead”), yet voters are not permitted to ask him questions about his exercise of that judgment in terms of his long-time associations with domestic terrorists like Ayers and America-hating bigots like Wright and Farrakhan. That’s “gotcha” politics, and a waste of his precious time, he tells us.

He really does have a sense of entitlement.

AZCoyote on April 17, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Worth repeating. Well said.

4shoes on April 18, 2008 at 10:18 AM

He got his clock cleaned in the last debate. I don’t think he can hang with the tough “Gurka trained” politicians in a real knife fight. He needs to go lick his wounds and find easier minds to bend than the general public.

saiga on April 18, 2008 at 10:20 AM

that Pic of Obama on the outside, I swear you could put glasses on him and he’d look just like Malcom X

jp on April 18, 2008 at 10:26 AM

could you bump Ed’s Ayers post?

funky chicken on April 18, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Obama is a coward. Can’t play in the big leagues. If he isn’t spoon fed pablum, he bawls like a baby. Really want this guy running our country. Good grief, he wouldn’t even be able to deal with Congress.

katieanne on April 18, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Barry doesn’t like being asked questions about anything. He was probably surprised that Charlie and George didn’t start chanting that inane “yes we can.”

I do like how he talks in circles though. Yes, he agrees that Ayers is a terrorist and has done some despicable things, BUT that was 40 years ago and I was just 8, what does that have to do with now? Dear Barry, some of us say exactly, is does have to do with now.

moonsbreath on April 18, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Correction: “It” does have to do with now.

moonsbreath on April 18, 2008 at 10:37 AM

URKEL for Prez.

keldog on April 18, 2008 at 10:59 AM

So big, bad Barry from the south side of Chi-town is afraid of a debate with a little white lady from Park Ridge? Awwww, poor widdle Bawack…

He’s too busy campaigning, like he’s too busy to call a meeting of his Senate subcommittee? If he can’t handle questions from Georgie Steph, what will he say to tough questions from Mahmoud, Vladimir, and Hugo?

Chris Matthews’ leg must be strangely quiet these days, and we can hardly wait for a Big Mac Attack.

Steve Z on April 18, 2008 at 11:19 AM

This guy gets criticism ONCE that’s 1/100th of what President Bush has received every day for 9 years, and he wets his pants?

Unbelievable. What a marshmellow. This guy needs to go back to his cushy, do-nothing job in the Senate.

NoDonkey on April 18, 2008 at 11:27 AM

America’s DUCK swims off with his feathers between his legs.

RushBaby on April 18, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Gee, if he’s campaigning so hard, you’d think he’d welcome a couple of hours of free national television coverage.

ReubenJCogburn on April 18, 2008 at 11:34 AM

jp on April 18, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Since Obama and his pastor have both quoted Malcom X, I propose we start calling him Obama X.

Or maybe ObamaX for short.

Red Pill on March 17, 2008 at 3:21 AM

Red Pill on April 18, 2008 at 11:39 AM

He is SUCH a p*ssy! No wonder Michelle is bitter.

ihasurnominashun on April 18, 2008 at 10:16 AM

LOL

maverick muse on April 18, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Bitter, ha! Michelle Obama is bitter like BHO paints small town America bitter. So what’s she sacrificing that leaves her bitter? Will David Letterman give us a Top Ten List answering WHY IS MICHELLE OBAMA SO BITTER? It’s Friday!

maverick muse on April 18, 2008 at 12:55 PM

NoDonkey on April 18, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Absolutely.

And his followers? If “President Obama” is not elected in Nov, and McCain ‘steals’ the election, then watch out.

The next day, the Canadian immigration website will get twice the visits than before, and the appointment to doctors to treat depression will double as well.

wise_man on April 18, 2008 at 1:45 PM

He’s so used to being treated like spun sugar by the media and White people that when he gets a little slapping he starts to whine like a sniveling coward. I thought anyone living with the likes of the petite and sassy Michelle O would have more guts than he’s showing. The story behind their closed doors must be really something. To be a fly on their wall, with a video camera of course for YouTube.

UnEasyRider on April 18, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Obama, there’s a tiny violin playing “hearts & flowers” and tears rolling down my cheeks, I feel so baaaaaad for you. Boo Freakin Hoo.

davecatbone on April 18, 2008 at 3:04 PM

There’s no way he’s not going to get the nomination and another debate has minimal upsides and numerous potential downsides. He would be smart to simply cover up and wait for the bell.

moxie_neanderthal on April 18, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Or maybe ObamaX for short.

Red Pill on March 17, 2008 at 3:21 AM

Obamax? Isn’t that a diet pill. I know it’s some kind of pill…

NNtrancer on April 18, 2008 at 8:10 PM

No, we probably don’t need another debate. Maybe Barack could just stipulate that he will be asked questions he doesn’t like, will not do well in fumbling out an answer and then will have his followers scream, “foul” until hell won’t have it anymore.

snaggletoothie on April 18, 2008 at 9:41 PM

Obama hints: You know, I’m not sure we need I’ll survive another debate. Fixed it for you piss wrinkle.

leanright on April 19, 2008 at 8:01 AM

C H I C K E N ! ! !

petefrt on April 19, 2008 at 10:00 AM

I’m looking forward to Barry O getting the nomination. Every time he opens he mouth it just gets worse and worse.

Mojave Mark on April 19, 2008 at 10:27 AM

Obama to self: ‘To take another bullet, or not to take another bullet…that is the rhetorical question’.
This is just one of the hard decisions facing Barry Hussein Obama. I think he’d be safer going duck hunting with Dick, but we all know that he’s too much of a woosie for either choice; he’ll be too busy pressing flesh and making pretty speeches for another one-on-one with Herself.

Christine on April 19, 2008 at 2:16 PM

ihasurnominashun on April 18, 2008 at 10:16 AM LOL!

You comment reminded me that despite all the rumors about Obama still being a Muslim, (he sure ain’t no Christian!), I highly doubt that Michelle would go for the Islamic lifestyle.
The idea of Michelle ‘covering up’ and being Barry’s chattel just doesn’t capture my imagination or my powers of deduction.
Also, I remember Barry whining about how Michelle reminds him all the time that he’s not perfect–in his efforts to conduct damage control after ‘Bittergate’. Oh poor pitiful B!

Christine on April 19, 2008 at 2:25 PM

“Fly on the wall report”

Barry: “Awwww come on Baby, I know I could do better in a rematch.”
She Who Wears the Pants: “NO WAY!! You suck at debates and she bitch slapped you just like I’m gunna do if you ask me again!! Now go cut the grass and stop whining!”
Barry: “Yes Dear…”

TheCulturalist on April 19, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Fly on the Wall Report:

Barry: “Awww, come on Baby, I know I could take her in a rematch.”
She Who Wears the Pants: “I SAID NO WAY!! You suck at debates, she will bitchslap you again just like I’m gunna do if you don’t go cut the grass.”
Barry: “Yes Dear…”

TheCulturalist on April 19, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Christine on April 19, 2008 at 2:25 PM

good point

TheCulturalist on April 19, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Fly on the Wall Report:

Barry: “Awww, come on Baby, I know I could take her in a rematch.”
She Who Wears the Pants: “I SAID NO WAY!! You suck at debates, she will bee-otch slap you again just like I’m gunna do if you don’t go cut the grass.”
Barry: “Yes Dear…”