Video: The obligatory “you don’t hunt ducks with a six-shooter” post

posted at 3:53 pm on April 14, 2008 by Allahpundit

A silly thing to say but an even sillier thing to seize on, yet Patrick Ishmael e-mails to say that’s exactly what Shep Smith did not long ago on Fox. Obama was goofing on the idea of Her Majesty being a gunslinger and connected it up to the absurdity of her squatting in a duck blind. Nothing more to it than that, unless you think he’s so removed from rural culture and such a fantastic idiot that he thinks birds are hunted with handguns. If he knows what a duck blind is, I’m guessing he has a basic idea of what kind of weapons are apt to turn up in one. Click the image to watch.

duck-blind.jpg

As a gloss, watch this video of Maverick addressing his base and bemoaning the sort of gotcha/soundbite journalism that frightens candidates into bloodless, overly guarded, robotic message discipline. That’s an odd complaint coming from a Republican with Bittergate still brewing, but McCain’s obviously still smarting from his alleged Al Qaeda/Iran confusion. The question with all of these verbal stumbles, of course, is how much they reveal what the candidate really thinks (or rather, what his opponents suspect he thinks) versus to what extent they’re simply brain farts. Six-shooter strikes me as a stumble. Bittergate, which even people on the left (Kaus, Ambinder) have conceded is a Kinsleyan gaffe? Not so much.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

He expected this out of John McCain?

Hmmmm… You mean McCain, that has given you a pass and defended you on just about everything?

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Shame on her.. ha! ha!

whats up his new found use of the “HA!” lately?

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Who Obama think he think he is talking like he’s Chris Rock.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 3:59 PM

Come on, this is some politics being played Obama trying to do stand up.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 4:00 PM

I find it ironic that as he’s talking about who’s out of touch with regular folk, he shows how out of touch he is.

amerpundit on April 14, 2008 at 4:03 PM

McCain is an idiot. I understand his “strait shooter” shtick, but I am beginning to worry that he thinks HE is the messianic candidate!

If I were a lib I might say his cavalier attitude toward Obama was racist. If he was relevant at all he might derail this whole controversy, but the MSM is too deranged (despite their bias) to let this go.

Agrippa2k on April 14, 2008 at 4:04 PM

He used his black accent again. He must be nervous and looking for a sympathetic ear. He sounded like he was on Live from the Apollo.

JiangxiDad on April 14, 2008 at 4:05 PM

‘I want to see that picture of her out there in the duck blind.’

… I can’t wait for Hillary to go to a sporting goods store and say: “Can I get me a huntin’ license here?”

(Because she don’t feel no ways tired. She drove too far in heer pickup truck to from where she started frum.)

wise_man on April 14, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Who Obama think he think he is talking like he’s Chris Rock.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 3:59 PM

JiangxiDad on April 14, 2008 at 4:06 PM

If I were a lib I might say his cavalier attitude toward Obama was racist. Agrippa2k on April 14, 2008 at 4:04 PM

… You’d also be a stupid idiot for thinking that.

I am beginning to worry that he thinks HE is the messianic candidate!

… Hmmmmmm ….

wise_man on April 14, 2008 at 4:08 PM

What a boob.

natesnake on April 14, 2008 at 4:09 PM

I’d gladly argue with you on Tuesday….(apologies to Popeye)

The candidates we deserve? Lol.
Randy

williars on April 14, 2008 at 4:09 PM

I’m blown away that there was none, zero fallout from this Bittergate over the weekend. He lost no ground in polling. Hell, Gallup has him tying his all-time best against Hillary nationally.

Typhonsentra on April 14, 2008 at 4:10 PM

His wife does it too. She introduced her husband back in ’04 as her “baby daddy.” Harvard educated millionaires speaking like this and people believe it. How amazing.

JiangxiDad on April 14, 2008 at 4:10 PM

JiangxiDad on April 14, 2008 at 4:05 PM

No doubt!
Obama’s a sick joke being playing on America, the gig is up.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 4:10 PM

McCain went on to long about speaking errors. It nearly gave Obama a pass.

I guess McCains address was really a “what about me” speech. “I want to talk to you”. “I slip up to, talk to me”.

Kind of pathetic, but I guess he has to get back into this thing.

Agrippa2k on April 14, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Typhonsentra on April 14, 2008 at 4:10 PM

He also has a general election to win…

JiangxiDad on April 14, 2008 at 4:13 PM

I’m kind of a stickler on gun issues, and I can’t stand the thought of Obama as a potential president, but I give him a pass on this one. It’s not clear to me that he meant that she was packing a six-shooter to the duck blind. There were two separate sentences there.

I’m sick off this all this “gotcha” stuff on off-the-cuff statements that could be interpreted two ways.

juliesa on April 14, 2008 at 4:15 PM

I once shot a duck with a writs rocket from 500 yards out.

Delicious.

beefytee on April 14, 2008 at 4:15 PM

… You’d also be a stupid idiot for thinking that.

wise_man

As long as you know it.

The MSM will eventually want to change the subject – to McCain. His advisers probably figured they are out to catch him in a speech slip up.

But don’t be surprised when Olberman says something like “McCain seems he can’t be bothered in these important debates. That this black man is not a real threat to his candidacy”.

Agrippa2k on April 14, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Ummmmmmm….I know fellas who hunt with handguns. It ain’t easy, but it is done.

Limerick on April 14, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Agrippa2k on April 14, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Yea, McCain the racist, the man the choose a hispanic roommate at the Naval Academy and adopted a Bengali daughter.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Ummmmmmm….I know fellas who hunt with handguns. It ain’t easy, but it is done.

Limerick on April 14, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Not Ducks, you can deer hunt in some states with a handgun(firearm license, depending on the pistol, caliber and barrel length etc.)

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Agrippa2k on April 14, 2008 at 4:17 PM

All 12 of his viewers will ponder it.

amerpundit on April 14, 2008 at 4:19 PM

On ducks, guns and presidents…heh.

Entelechy on April 14, 2008 at 4:20 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Granted most of it is varmit plunking, but given a open section you’d be surprised what the boys will shot at.

Limerick on April 14, 2008 at 4:20 PM

shoot

Limerick on April 14, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Chakra Hammer

What the hell do they (libs) care. The libs are desperate to get back to calling Republicans racist. This whole “the Black Democrat is a racist” thing is shorting out their brains.

Agrippa2k on April 14, 2008 at 4:21 PM

juliesa on April 14, 2008 at 4:15 PM

I have to agree with you. He was making fun of Hillary, not trying to show how gun savvy he is. I still won’t give him a pass though.

What do you mean by

I’m kind of a stickler on gun issues,

Just trying to get a feel for where you stand.

Oldnuke on April 14, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Ummmmmmm….I know fellas who hunt with handguns. It ain’t easy, but it is done.

In the context of water fowl? I could maybe see turkey hunting, but airborn critters would be slightly dangerous.

natesnake on April 14, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Uhh I beg to differ!

Dash on April 14, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Is Yosemite Sam’s sixshooter really a sixshooter if he can fire 100 rounds without reloading?

GogglesPisano on April 14, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Yea, “McCain the racist,” the man the choose a hispanic roommate at the Naval Academy and adopted a Bengali daughter.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Thank you.

But I guess that the facts of the matter are irrelevant as long as liberals and the press (sorry, was that redundant?) are here to frame the questions.

wise_man on April 14, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Ummmmmmm….I know fellas who hunt with handguns. It ain’t easy, but it is done.

Limerick

I don’t hunt at all (bears and deer walk up my driveway – what’s the point), so I don’t get a gun? Does it have to be a pistol? Don’t get distracted people! Target practice is a valid pass-time, no matter what the libs say.

Agrippa2k on April 14, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Bittergate is not a gaffe, of any kind. The backtracking, for the umpteenth time, since it’s not over yet, is hilarious.

The shooting topics, on the left, and the right, are ridiculous. If one’s a hunter, fine. If not, stay home, and also shut up about it, even if you run for president.

Entelechy on April 14, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Chris Rock has more sense:
“Yeah, ya can DO it, but that don’t make it a GOOD F%&$IN’ IDEA!”

mojo on April 14, 2008 at 4:25 PM

I would never expect for a “I’ve hunted once” liberal type to know Basic 101 of weaponry and hunting.

Did I mention that Obama is a boob?

Well he is.

Boob.

natesnake on April 14, 2008 at 4:25 PM

natesnake on April 14, 2008 at 4:21 PM

yea, i could maybe see a handgun used on Turkey(wouldn’t really recommend it though..)

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 4:27 PM

natesnake on April 14, 2008 at 4:21 PM

No….well maybe, just not much water fowl around here. In the winter, maybe. Like I said, mostly varmits. Personally I’m just a target shooter. Hunting is OK, just not my thing.
Everyone needs to be responsible but the fact is that men with guns (out in the weeds) and lead gets used just to use it. It isn’t right, or smart, but that’s the way it is.

Limerick on April 14, 2008 at 4:28 PM

“Six shooter” smacks of Obama’s too-cool-for-school style.

Exactly.

natesnake on April 14, 2008 at 4:28 PM

Another angle on this…

Why was Obama talking to people in San Fran about those poor folks in Pennsylvania in the first place?

“We, the real people, have to do something for those people, because they are turning to silly things like guns, god, and hate”.

Agrippa2k on April 14, 2008 at 4:29 PM

Target practice is a valid pass-time, no matter what the libs say.

Agrippa2k on April 14, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Yep, i love to target shoot. >:}

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 4:30 PM

While he obviously has no idea which is the business end of a gun, this sort of misstep only resonates among the choir. He’s effective with this sort of jabbing oratory which only reinforces the perception that she simply can’t score a punch.

I was under the impression that Mr Obama would need a good cut-man in his corner going up agains Mrs Clinton. However, it has become painfully clear that she can’t touch the guy. Absolutely pathetic.

Mrs Clinton is all hat, no cattle futures.

moxie_neanderthal on April 14, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Not to veer too far off topic….. but I wonder if Obama thinks turkeys can fly?

WKRP In Cincinnati

Best. Episode. Evah.

natesnake on April 14, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Does Obama know who Annie Oakly is?

davod on April 14, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Go FISH.

RushBaby on April 14, 2008 at 4:35 PM

I’ve had about all I can stand of BO’s fake drawl…give me a break O.

C’mon, right.

eaglesdontflock on April 14, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Does Obama know who Annie Oakly is?
davod on April 14, 2008 at 4:32 PM

… bitter white woman … Xenophobic, most likely clinging to her religion. Gun nut.

wise_man on April 14, 2008 at 4:36 PM

wise_man on April 14, 2008 at 4:36 PM

And, she wore fur. From stuff she killed.

BacaDog on April 14, 2008 at 4:43 PM

natesnake on April 14, 2008 at 4:31 PM

I saw that episode too. One of the funniest. You realize that wild turkeys can fly don’t you?

Oldnuke on April 14, 2008 at 4:44 PM

If Yosemite Sam isn’t interviewed on at least one cable network tonight I am going to be pissed. I may have to watch Adult Swim to get the real story.

gabriel sutherland on April 14, 2008 at 4:44 PM

She was a capitalist and a family woman.

The Race Card on April 14, 2008 at 4:45 PM

I just had a talk with a blind duck and he too takes offense to Obama’s remarks…

soulsirkus on April 14, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Not to veer too far off topic….. but I wonder if Obama thinks turkeys can fly?

WKRP In Cincinnati

Best. Episode. Evah.

natesnake on April 14, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Wild turkeys have excellent vision during the day but don’t see as well at night. They are also very mobile. Turkeys can run at speeds up to 25 mph, and they can fly up to 55 mph.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 4:46 PM

BO’s goofy for saying Hillary has to be a hunter to speak up for the 2nd amendment.

jgapinoy on April 14, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Thats why I said I wouldn’t recommend using a handgun.. :}

(A bit dangerous if it was airborne)

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 4:48 PM

The longer the Democrat campaign headlines are about all this snarking, the hard November will be for them. Good thing.

michaelo on April 14, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Typhonsentra on April 14, 2008 at 4:10 PM

He also has a general election to win…

JiangxiDad on April 14, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Also see http://hotair.com/archives/2008/04/14/limbaugh-on-obama-this-is-who-he-is/

JiangxiDad on April 14, 2008 at 4:51 PM

A little off topic but within the some vein:

Has anyone noticed how frequently Obama and Clinton have been quoting the bible recently?

I suspect this is another attempt to go native with the local yocals.

moxie_neanderthal on April 14, 2008 at 4:51 PM

Thats why I said I wouldn’t recommend using a handgun.. :}

(A bit dangerous if it was airborne)

Sorry. I zoned out over at Ace’s site. Yes, wild turkeys can fly short distances. They tend to glide more than fly, but can flap enough to get on a roost.

Most turkey turkeys are called-in/shot on the ground. That’s the best way to identify gender (while not in flight).

I might have been 8-10 years old when I watched that episode of WKRP. Hilarious.

natesnake on April 14, 2008 at 5:01 PM

What I don’t understand is why another very important aspect of this story is not getting attention, and that is that Obama’s remarks were made in a venue where the media was excluded. Why this is important:
1. It means he was speaking the truth as he knows it, not something carefully calculated. Yes, this IS him.
2. It means the media is allowing Obama to avoid scrutiny on command. Do they do that for all the candidates, and are the rules the same?
3. It means the media has bascially deserted their posts – the posts where they bravely function as our self-appointed guardians. That is a crock, as anyone can see from this.
4. The media “has a dog in this fight” – Barack Obama.

Any candidate that will not pledge to make ALL campaign appearances open to the media should be asked why they will not, and why we the voters could conceivably find that acceptable!

The media is the one that should be answering questions about their disdain for ordinary Americans!

drunyan8315 on April 14, 2008 at 5:02 PM

Maine

Legal Method for Taking Wild Turkey:

Only shotgun gauges 10 through 20 using shot sizes 4 through 6, or bow and arrow may be used to hunt Wild Turkeys during the Spring Wild Turkey Hunting Season. Electronic calling devices are legal.

—————

Legal Method for Taking Wild Turkey During the Fall Season:

* Only bow and arrow may be used to hunt Wild Turkey during the fall Wild Turkey hunting season in Zone 1 and Zone 2.
* In Zone 3, permit holders may use (with appropriate license), bow and arrow or shotgun guages 10 through 20 using shot sizes 4 through 6.
* Dogs may be used.

———————

Archery how real men hunt. ;)

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 5:05 PM

Oldnuke, what I meant by being a stickler on gun issues is that I’m a strong 2A proponent. Also, I’m certainly no expert, but I have my concealed carry permit, and have hunted a little, so I my political BS detector goes off pretty often on gun issues.

juliesa on April 14, 2008 at 5:20 PM

drunyan8315 on April 14, 2008 at 5:02 PM

When has the media ever scrutinized any democrat?

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 5:31 PM

annie oakley? six-gun? duckblind?

one of these things doesn’t belong,

one of these things is not like the others,

come on, sing along, don’t be shy

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Archery how real men hunt. ;)

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 5:05 PM

u girly man u…

real men use their bare hands

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 5:46 PM

natesnake,
“Oh the humanity!”

Best Sitcom Evah.

exhelodrvr on April 14, 2008 at 6:07 PM

juliesa on April 14, 2008 at 5:20 PM

That’s what I thought but wanted to make sure where you stood. There are folks who post here who don’t share the same sentiment. Which is just fine and one of the things that makes America so great. it’s also great for some lively discussions.

Oldnuke on April 14, 2008 at 6:15 PM

u girly man u…

real men use their bare hands

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 5:46 PM

A homemade Longbow(selfbow) and making your own arrows, IS using are bare hands.. (just putting thought into it before hand)

>:}

Become a bowyer, traditional archery is awesome.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:20 PM

BTW, I don’t have the patience to make bows however my father does and is very good at it. >:}

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:22 PM

In the hood, you knock down turkeys with a MAC-10, bro.

“Six shooter” sounds like Obama learned all of his gun lore from Bugs Bunny.

What a maroon.

profitsbeard on April 14, 2008 at 6:25 PM

profitsbeard on April 14, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Na! Tec-9! LOL

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Become a bowyer, traditional archery is awesome.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:20 PM

ok, fine, ur a manly man…

for myself, i like explosions…

a while back my wife (may she RIP) and i used to take our kids out to target shoot. her youngest, 7 yrs old at the time, (my stepson) liked this singleshot, bolt action pistol i had. .223 rem xp-100. rifle action with the barrel cut down.

it was his favorite. we actually had people come over to see what we were shooting bcs the report and the dust it threw up in the air were amazing.

some punk stole it and i never saw it again…

so… i’ll see ur bow and raise u a .223

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooM!!!!!

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:28 PM

In the hood, you knock down turkeys with a MAC-10, bro.

“Six shooter” sounds like Obama learned all of his gun lore from Bugs Bunny.

What a maroon.

profitsbeard on April 14, 2008 at 6:25 PM

LOL, i about fell outta my chair… that’s funny

Yosemite Sam strikes back…

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:30 PM

profitsbeard on April 14, 2008 at 6:25 PM

MAC-11 it has a higher number and must be superior to the MAC-10 >:}

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:30 PM

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Oh just because I like archery doesn’t mean that don’t like guns!

I was brought up around guns my whole life, and started shooting guns probably at about 7-8 years old .22lr etc.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:32 PM

much better than any of those MacnCheese guns

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 4:27 PM

I know guys who use a bow to hunt turkey and are quite good at it. A handgun would be no problem for them.

Kowboy on April 14, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:32 PM

LOL, i’m just messin’

ur in MN right?

I was born in MPLS

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:37 PM

some punk stole it and i never saw it again…

so… i’ll see ur bow and raise u a .223

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooM!!!!!

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Are you sure that was .223rem? and not 35rem.?

My brother had an XP-100R in 35 Remington.(Maybe you can get, it in .223 also..)

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:38 PM

LOL, i’m just messin’

ur in MN right?

I was born in MPLS

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:37 PM

Nope NW Indiana.. (South of Gary, NOT IN GARY)

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Kowboy on April 14, 2008 at 6:36 PM

i used to use powerlines to hunt pheasants. just run along a dirt road and they fly up and wang their necks on the powerlines.

… well, ok, it only happened that once, but it did happen

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Nope NW Indiana.. (South of Gary, NOT IN GARY)

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:40 PM

oops, my bad. some of ur weather comments to Ed’s posts about that cold wet global warming all over his neighborhood threw me off the trail…

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:41 PM

I live in MN now, 1 hour drive north of MPLS.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:41 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:38 PM

.223, no question.

would have had a helluva time closing the bolt on a .35

that’s the kind of boom i don’t like

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:42 PM

I live in MN now, 1 hour drive north of MPLS.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:41 PM

oh, ok. glad to know i can still read… lol

i have family all over the mpls area, that’s one reason i like Ed posting here, i can get weather reports from MN w/o even checking the weather channel.

helps when i talk to my folks… u know how people are there about the weather

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:44 PM

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:42 PM

My dad owns that 35rem. Pistol now and Deer hunts with it during deer season(during firearm season, he also takes his 45 long colt also, he uses a Thompson Center 50cal, during a different part of the season, he doesn’t really like to use that 35Rem unless he has to and the Deer is out kind of far because he is afraid that the projectile will not deform enough, other people have had lots of problems with that, they have now went to certain load that should have it “fixed”)

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:48 PM

those XP’s make good clubs…

you know… for that real personal feeling

just unload them first

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Model XP-100R

Action Type: Bolt Action
Caliber/Gauge: 22-250 Remington
223 Remington
260 Remington
35 Remington

—————–

(R) High power, long-range bolt-action pistol in an updated repeater version

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 6:56 PM

yes, it was a nice one to own..

i wonder if the police ever recovered it and just didn’t tell me?

probably dumped it in the Pacific

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:58 PM

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 6:58 PM

before I was born or maybe I was like 1 or 2 years old we lived in a really bad part of town, and our house was robbed when we were not home and ALL my fathers guns were stolen(He had lots of guns, and they took all of them.. then we moved kind of out into the “country” kinda, still burbs but away from major urban areas)

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 7:03 PM

that sucks… i hate thieves

we were robbed in San Diego by a neighbor kid. cops didn’t do a thing about it. one item was a 10/22. my wife (RIP), went door to door and recovered almost everything, including that rifle. the guy who brought it back had had a custom stock made for it. i paid him for that… seemed the decent thing to do since he had returned the gun.

only thing we didn’t get back was a collection of foreign currencies i had picked up and about 60lbs of pennies.

i hate theives, did i mention that?

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 7:12 PM

fyi, i heard something on the radio news about walmart starting to keep video records of gun purchases or something like that… haven’t had time to follow up though

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 7:14 PM

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 7:12 PM

Yea, the 2 guns that he most upset over losing in the robbrey was a special .22lr and , a sniper rifle from WWII that my grand father brought back with him from the war(he has almost killed with it in the Philippines, he was allowed to bring it back except for the scope)

He didn’t get ANY of the guns back.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 7:27 PM

He didn’t get ANY of the guns back.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 7:27 PM

sorry to hear that…

my wife is from the Philippines, maybe her Grandpa and your Grandpa “chewed some of the same dirt together” (Heartbreak Ridge)

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 7:36 PM

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 7:36 PM

He wasn’t in Korea.. He was an island Hopper in the Army during WWII in the Philippines.

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 7:54 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 7:54 PM

just using the quote from Heartbreak Ridge, not saying he was there…

although my Dad was

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 7:57 PM

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 7:57 PM

He got out after the war, he had a wife and kids to take care of.. :}

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 8:00 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 8:00 PM

my Dad got out after running checkpoint charlie in berlin for a while.. my bother and one sister where born there

TheCulturalist on April 14, 2008 at 8:22 PM