Limbaugh on Obama: “This is who he is”; Update: Hillary up 16 in Indiana

posted at 4:45 pm on April 14, 2008 by Allahpundit

I omitted the part where he called him the most radical liberal to run for president in his lifetime, George McGovern included. (Felt like overkill!) The second clip has most of the fireworks but the first clip, with its mwa-ha-ha tribute to Operation Chaos, is more fun. Like the man says, everything’s going according to plan. Why, even Slick’s shameless lies seem charming these days:

Over seven stops in North Carolina, Clinton said “Everywhere I go there are all these people with signs, saying I’m not bitter – I’m not bitter.”…

The strong sentiments were appreciated by the crowd, but were not entirely accurate. During Clinton’s seven stops in North Carolina on Saturday there were no “I’m not bitter” signs. There was a small assortment of people at his later events wearing stickers with the slogan, but many of those sporting the stickers weren’t even sure what they meant.

Is it working? A Survey USA poll of Indiana taken this weekend reveals Her Majesty up 55-39 — a gain of +7 since the last poll two weeks ago. Chaos.

Comments

Even the liberals in my home state will not tolerate the elitism of Obama.

Clinton will pick up Indiana.

ColtsFan on April 14, 2008 at 4:49 PM

I agree, Obama is more radical than McGovern and not as polished. This whole campaign reminds me of 1972.

bnelson44 on April 14, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Limbaugh on Obama: “This is who he is”.

Rosie “U R who U R. B happy, not Bter”.

Entelechy on April 14, 2008 at 4:51 PM

Does anyone have any information about who recorded and leaked the Obama “who he really is” to the HuffPoo?

Entelechy on April 14, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Even the liberals in my home state will not tolerate the elitism of Obama.

Clinton will pick up Indiana.

ColtsFan on April 14, 2008 at 4:49 PM

With all due respect, they’re not very good liberals then. They may be nice guilty MN-nice type white people,but if they were good liberals, they would have to feel superior to others. How else can you help them and also show your superiority at the same time. Nevertheless, it’s nice to know that Obama will lose Indiana, but that Hillary will not get enough delegates from it to make any difference. Operation Chaos continues…

JiangxiDad on April 14, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Hillary the elitist

Watch this video doing the rounds on youtube with Hillary from 1992 demeaning stay-at-home moms with a remark about making cookies and having tea-parties.

One of the comments to this video:

“I guess if Hillary 2008 was running against Hillary 1992, Hillary 2008 would have to hand out stickers to people at campaign events saying “I’m proud of staying home, having tea and baking cookies.”

schiehallion on April 14, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Entelechy on April 14, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Someone called Mayfill Flower

JiangxiDad on April 14, 2008 at 4:57 PM

I believe the Soul Train is about to jump the tracks…Can you dig it? I can!

soulsirkus on April 14, 2008 at 4:57 PM

the pressure now is on McCain not to say anything stupid himself.

jp on April 14, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Main Entry: cha·os
Pronunciation: \ˈkā-ˌäs\
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, from Greek — more at gum
Date: 15th century
1) obsolete : chasm, abyss

2) a often capitalized : a state of things in which chance is supreme; especially : the confused unorganized state of primordial matter before the creation of distinct forms — compare cosmos b: the inherent unpredictability in the behavior of a complex natural system (as the atmosphere, boiling water, or the beating heart)

3 a: a state of utter confusion b: a confused mass or mixture

Fabulous……..

Seven Percent Solution on April 14, 2008 at 5:04 PM

If these numbers hold up some people are going to have some new math to do. 20 points in PA and 16 points in Indiana will mean some big delegate numbers being picked up and a really cold chill for the Superdelegates on electability.

And how about West Virginia? Clinton was up by 20 before Obama’s insults.

As Flounder once fmously said, “Oh boy! This is gonna’ be great!”

forest on April 14, 2008 at 5:04 PM

I think Barak Obama’s political credo towards the common folk was shaped by those immortal lines from The Waco Kid in “Blazing Saddles”:

“You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know… morons.”

Take out “new West” and substitute “rural America” and the lines would have fit perfectly with Barak’s speech to those San Francisco campaign donors (and after 20 years of listening to Jeremiah Wright’ sermons, there’s no doubt Obama’s idea of the mindset of rural America is 150 million people whose ideas on race mirror those of the town of Rock Ridge).

jon1979 on April 14, 2008 at 5:07 PM

I’m lovin’ it. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Pass the popcorn.

Man, I can’t wait for November. What are all the Dems going to do when they realize they’re going to have another 4 years of a (nominal) Rethuglican presidency. Riots? Mass suicide? After the gift of Dem self-immolation, Christmas is going to be anti-climactic.

Splashman on April 14, 2008 at 5:07 PM

How is Rush taking Credit for Obama’s screw up?

Chakra Hammer on April 14, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Allah

Reallly? Why? Name me the candidate from any party who was further left, including Dennis “the Calm Voice of Reason” Kucinich.

Jaibones on April 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Obama Drips, Drips, Drips – Posted By John Podhoretz On April 11

Well, it has finally happened. Barack Obama has done what Democratic candidates for president invariably do — he has revealed the profound sense of unearned superiority that is the sad and persistent hallmark of contemporary liberalism.

Obama’s astonishing sentence offers a syllogistic string of superciliousness: Gun ownership is equated with religious fanaticism, which is said to accompany hatred of the other in the form of opposition to immigration and support for trade barriers. It drips with an attitude so important to the spiritual well-being of the American liberal — the paternalistic attitude that says, “Oh, well, people only do thing differently from me because they are ignorant and superstitious and backward” — that it has survived and thrived despite the suicidal impact it has had on the achievement of liberal political goals and aims.

This sort of liberal caricature was so prevalent in the 1960s and 1970s that it helped convince tens of millions of die-hard Democrats that their own party no longer had their best interests at heart — that it, in fact, viewed them as some kind of enemy, as a reactionary force for evil — and led them to pull the lever first for Richard Nixon in 1972 and then for Ronald Reagan in 1980.

Entelechy on April 14, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Keep in mind that Indiana’s primary is “open”. Any Independents or Republicans that may want to cast a vote for Hillary in the primary, for whatever reason, may do so legally. Hint hint.

amerpundit on April 14, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Obama in Sodom displayed the sin of the old Sodom’s downfall. Pride. Pride that people who have different values than you are misled and stupid.

PrezHussein on April 14, 2008 at 5:20 PM

George McGovern wanted to change America, but loved it. Obama wants to change America so it will be worthy of his love. That’s the difference.

BuzzCrutcher on April 14, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Limbaugh: “This is who he is.”

As long as it won’t eventually be Dennis Green saying, “He is who we THOUGHT he was!

Alex_SF on April 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM

jon1979 on April 14, 2008 at 5:07 PM

The Sheriff is near?

The Monster on April 14, 2008 at 5:30 PM

Thanks JiangxiDad for the reference. Just a sampling of comments from the HuffPoo:

All fowler is doing to trying to destroy the Obama campaign.

Some people are too ignorant to know what is best for them and all the silliness about him telling the truth just distracts everybody from the solution we all want.
I hope election day comes on the opening day of hunting season! Hahaha!

But when you group religion along with bigotry, xenophobia, and protectionism, it makes it sound like a BAD thing.

I agree Obama was honest, and also eloquent in his remarks at the fund raiser.

It’s just that they make him unelectable.

Entelechy on April 14, 2008 at 5:32 PM

bnelson44 on April 14, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Wow…I wan’t even born yet. Like not really even CLOSE.

beefytee on April 14, 2008 at 5:35 PM

The Messiah is totally unelectable; only the color of his skin and the dishonesty and hypocrisy of liberals keeps him in the race.

dmann on April 14, 2008 at 5:37 PM

If the race gets any closer, Hillary may get the VP nomination whether Barry wants her or not. That will help with the gynological problem that he has, but it will be fun to watch those to pretend to campaign together. Her campaign lately has been nothing but hypocritical distortions of what Barry says, and in large part he has returned the favor.

pedestrian on April 14, 2008 at 5:41 PM

dmann on April 14, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Do you mean the dishonesty and hypocrisy of his elite supporters, or the dishonesty and hypocrisy of his opponent?

forest on April 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Back in 2006 when Obama was running for U.S. Senate from Illinois, he was asked repeatedly if he planned to run for President in 2008. Obama said no, definitely not, he would only have served a couple of years in the Senate by that point and wouldn’t have enough experience to be qualified for the Presidency.

Too bad he didn’t listen to himself. He was right (for once).

AZCoyote on April 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Mirabile visu.

phronesis on April 14, 2008 at 5:48 PM

forest on April 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Let me eliminate any ambiguity; I mean what I wrote!

dmann on April 14, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Rush has it exactly right.

By the way, I just heard Democrat Stragegist Pat Caddell tell Sean Hannity (in a dual interview with David Horowitz) that Obama is the Elmer Gantry of the 21st Century.

Initially Caddell was very enthusiastic about Obama and is afraid that all the young people who were for him will now be disillusioned about politics.

I can’t say that I’m heartbroken about the youth vote dwindling since I think most young people are too…young… and inexperienced (particularly with economic issues) to vote intelligently, and are too easily indoctrinated by their know it all hippie professors.

Let them live a little outside of academia, get overtaxed for a few years, and then vote.

Buy Danish on April 14, 2008 at 6:26 PM

The Monster on April 14, 2008 at 6:26 PM

I’m still not believing the NC polls, however. I know we have Duke and Chapel Hill and rural Eastern NC, but the Triad and Western NC with Raleigh and Charlotte about evenly split makes none of those polls credible, IMO. He might very well NC, but not by double digits. I doubt there will be a lot of Unaffilated/Independent cross-overs. We have a huge chance to retake our governor’s mansion back from the most corrupt democrat overlords in quite a while.

SouthernGent on April 14, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Wow…I wan’t even born yet. Like not really even CLOSE.

beefytee on April 14, 2008 at 5:35 PM

Whippersnapper!

IrishEi on April 14, 2008 at 6:43 PM

I think we should start raising expectations for SnObama. If he can’t close to within single digits in PA and Indiana he’ll never win. If he doesn’t win NC by triple digits he has to withdraw. If Her Thighness is even on the ballot in NC, he should hang his head in impotent shame and commit seppuku on the Capitol steps.

I mena this is SnObama, he should be crushing Cankles.

Iblis on April 14, 2008 at 6:49 PM

Let me eliminate any ambiguity; I mean what I wrote!

dmann on April 14, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Sorry dmann, I was just trying to set up a punchline. The Monster took care of it.

forest on April 14, 2008 at 6:50 PM

Buy Danish on April 14, 2008 at 6:26 PM

Most conversions I’ve observed happened when they first had a family.

Entelechy on April 14, 2008 at 7:04 PM

Folk’s, Denver’s going to be mess around convention time. I don’t even think the mountains outside the city will be safe until the bats leave. Time to visit the parents in CA, I guess.

Thanks a lot Rush!

CliffHanger on April 14, 2008 at 7:07 PM

Hillary the elitist

I’m not sure everyone has a firm grasp on the definition of “elitist”.

easy on April 14, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Entelechy on April 14, 2008 at 7:04 PM

I actually had the dubious pleasure of initiating a denizen of academia into the real world. He went from an environment where people reverently referred to him as doctor or professor to one where we referred to him as whatsisname. It was a real shock for him to find out that not only would we not automatically agree with everything he said but would hold him accountable for his actions and horror of horrors even speak harshly to him. Once he got over the shock he turned out all right. It was painful.

Oldnuke on April 14, 2008 at 7:21 PM

forest on April 14, 2008 at 6:50 PM

No need, haven’t locked horns in a while!!!!

dmann on April 14, 2008 at 7:30 PM

Most conversions I’ve observed happened when they first had a family.

Entelechy on April 14, 2008 at 7:04 PM

True, but I can tell you that my “conversion” began before I was married and had children, as a single female in NYC.
Not that I was a Leftist to begin with, but I was a Democrat.

Having my meagre paycheck confiscated so that people could have numerous children by different fathers, collect bigger welfare checks as their reward, and push up crime rates did it for me. The ACLU’s defense of the “civil liberties” of mentally ill degenerates like “Billie Boggs” who made the city unlivable was the icing on the cake.

Then along came Rudy Giuliani…

Buy Danish on April 14, 2008 at 7:50 PM

The Sheriff is near?

The Monster on April 14, 2008 at 5:30 PM

During the South Carolina primary, Bill Clinton was Gabby Johnson, standing on the roof of the building and yelling at voters, “Consarnit, I said the candidate is a (sounds of ild cheering for Obama drown out the last word…)”

jon1979 on April 14, 2008 at 7:57 PM

I wish you guys would stop conflating Obama’s positions with liberalism. Stop calling him a Liberal. He’s not a Liberal–he’s a Progressive, which is like saying ‘Marxism Lite’.

ahem on April 14, 2008 at 8:15 PM

forest on April 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM

it’s what we in the odd-making buisness like to call a ‘pick em’ :p

MannyT-vA on April 14, 2008 at 8:40 PM

SouthernGent on April 14, 2008 at 6:27 PM

yeah I can’t believe we voted in Easely twice but we did. The democratic NC voter just doesn’t make sense.

unseen on April 14, 2008 at 9:34 PM

forest on April 14, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Do you believe that Obama has been honest?

Johan Klaus on April 14, 2008 at 9:57 PM

Limbaugh on Obama: “This is who he is”

If Republicans suffer from false consciousness, can we say Democrats suffer from false costumes?

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on April 14, 2008 at 11:57 PM

It’s McCains to lose….

Kini on April 15, 2008 at 3:02 AM

the pressure now is on McCain not to say anything stupid himself.

jp on April 14, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Tell me about it.

Coronagold on April 15, 2008 at 8:39 AM

Gunfight at the PO’d corral.

I am waiting for Hitlery to smack Obama with a white glove and challenge him to a duel at 20 paces (because that’s how far away the target was when she grew up being taught firearm safety and use when she was a lil girl of 8).

MSGTAS on April 15, 2008 at 9:32 AM

Both Clinton’s and OpraBama’s camp seethe with hatred of the very people they “say” they look out for. The ill-informed peon masses they wish to enslave with “free” sh**.

americaslaststand on April 15, 2008 at 1:57 PM