Wright: “Fix News” can’t handle the truth

posted at 3:36 pm on April 13, 2008 by Allahpundit

Much like America on 9/11, it looks Bill O’Reilly’s chickens … have come hometo roost:

[W]hile Wright made no mention of terrorism, he did revisit the topic of America’s mistreatment of blacks, saying America’s founding fathers “planted slavery and white supremacy in the DNA of this republic,” and adding that Thomas Jefferson wrote, “‘God would punish America for the sin of slavery.’ I guess that makes Thomas Jefferson unpatriotic,” he said to the cheers of the congregation.

Reflecting on the late Pincham, Wright said his faith “was not the jingoistic, chauvinistic ‘you’re either with us or against us’ demonizing kind of faith.” Wright said Pincham was friends with “Jews, Muslims, rabbis, imams, fathers in the Catholic church and [Louis] Farrakhan in the Islamic faith.”

Escalating into full-preaching mode, Wright thundered, “Fox News can’t understand that. [Bill] O’Reilly will never get that. Sean Hannity’s stupid fantasy will keep him forever stuck on stupid when it comes to comprehending how you can love a brother who does not believe what you believe. [Pincham’s] faith was a faith in a God who loved the whole world not just one country or one creed.”

At that point, congregants nearly drowned Wright out with a booming standing ovation.

Wright also referred to Fox News as “Fix News.”

Serves Fox right for breaking this story wide open last month. Except, of course, it wasn’t Fox who broke it, it was Brian Ross at ABC. Since there’s nothing to be gained by demagoging ABC, O’Reilly and Hannity become the scapegoats, replete with dopey Olbermannesque pun on FNC’s name as a sort of dog whistle to the left to let them know now’s the time to start scapegoating their favorite hobbyhorse for daring to report that this cretin believes America’s responsible for AIDS. It’s tempting to believe Obama put him up to it, but that simply can’t be true: Antagonizing Fox into taking on Wright anew is the last thing his campaign wants to do.

Exit question: Is he actually using his friendship with Louis Farrakhan as an example of tolerance? What a brilliant stroke. Too bad Bush and McCain didn’t think of that vis-a-vis Bob Jones and Hagee. It’s not that they’re looking the other way at bigotry, you see, it’s that they’re simply trying to be inclusive.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

What makes you think I’m white?

jaime on April 13, 2008 at 10:31 PM

This plays right in to the point I made earlier. We don’t care if you’re white. It’s irrelevant. Blacks need to understand this and know that “we” are not preoccupying ourselves with trying to bring “them” down. A real Conservative, white or black, rejoices in the success of all.

sheesh on April 13, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Lets all keep an eye on the prize,the best
POTUSOA that can run the War on terror the
most affectively!

canopfor on April 13, 2008 at 10:40 PM

True. Freakin sick of Obama anyway. Despise him more than Clinton now.

JiangxiDad on April 13, 2008 at 10:44 PM

sheesh on April 13, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Yeah. Whatever point you made earlier, I’m unaware of it.

Baldilocks and I were discussing an article she wrote on her blog and linked in a comment here.

jaime on April 13, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Despise him more than Clinton now.

Great point. He’s fast becoming more beat-able by McCain in November.

jaime on April 13, 2008 at 10:50 PM

I can’t seem to reach a common ground with you on this.

Dude. I agreed that most will not understand. Were we parted company at was whether it was worth it to keep repeating or not.

I’m not looking for a majority to agree. One isn’t necessary.

Shoot me.

JiangxiDad on April 13, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Relax.

What makes you think I’m white?

jaime on April 13, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Okay so you’re not, big deal.

baldilocks on April 13, 2008 at 10:58 PM

I should have added, that I am coming to the conclusion that all this talk about race and Obama is a red herring. Obama, as I think I said to you yesterday, is a white liberal. I am aware that he is genetically of mixed race.

JiangxiDad on April 13, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Oh okay.

baldilocks on April 13, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Okay so you’re not, big deal.

baldilocks on April 13, 2008 at 10:58 PM

I didn’t say I was, I didn’t say I wasn’t. I’m just curious why you assume I am.

jaime on April 13, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Actually, jaime, I don’t care what color you are. The fact that I assumed you were white doesn’t make any difference. The point I made at 9:45

Whites cannot treat blacks as you suggest even if they want to

Sure [whites] could, if it means that much to [all of us].

still stands.

baldilocks on April 13, 2008 at 11:04 PM

I played the odds.

baldilocks on April 13, 2008 at 11:04 PM

I played the odds.

baldilocks on April 13, 2008 at 11:04 PM

I just want my arguments to be taken on their merits, that’s all.

Anyway, that was just my round-about way of making a point.

jaime on April 13, 2008 at 11:16 PM

I just want my arguments to be taken on their merits, that’s all.

What do me assuming that you’re white have to do with your arguments or your merits? You’re beginning to sound insecure.

baldilocks on April 13, 2008 at 11:29 PM

do=does

baldilocks on April 13, 2008 at 11:29 PM

And that point would be?

baldilocks on April 13, 2008 at 11:30 PM

You’re beginning to sound insecure.

baldilocks on April 13, 2008 at 11:29 PM

LOL! I’m found out!

jaime on April 13, 2008 at 11:37 PM

And, talking about Pincham’s integrity and honesty, Wright said, “You don’t change who you are because of where you are. You don’t stop telling the truth because it is not politically correct or it makes a racist uncomfortable. You don’t blame other folks for not fixing some of the problems in our own community that we can and need to fix ourselves.”

Really, Comme Ci, Comme Ça?

Speakup on April 13, 2008 at 11:40 PM

LOL! I’m found out!

jaime on April 13, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Humility.

I salute you.

baldilocks on April 13, 2008 at 11:53 PM

Jeremiah Junior has an audience potential now way beyond the collection barrels of his mega church. He might as well shoot for the moon and make some sweet sweet retirement cash off honkeys hides while he can.

BL@KBIRD on April 13, 2008 at 11:55 PM

And that point would be?

baldilocks on April 13, 2008 at 11:30 PM

The point I was making there was that everyone makes assumptions about others without knowing much about them. I think it’s a good survival method. It applies to groups, too.

My earlier point about protected classes; are you really not familiar with the term? The government has created classes of people that have little concern for our country. Their only concern seems to be for their specific group. I think maybe some of the Obama-reaction you’re seeing on conservative blogs is in response to this – Obama’s attempt to define small town residents as a class and saying he’s going to protect them. BTW, protected class is a legal term.

Anyway, I think the general Conservative reaction to any form of protected class status is negative. Removal of protected classes would go a long way toward improving the kind of things you wrote about.

jaime on April 14, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Yeah. Whatever point you made earlier, I’m unaware of it.

jaime on April 13, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Kind of cranky and dismissive. I don’t really care for that kind of attitude.

Anyhow, I apoligize for what appears to have been your perception of my getting in the middle of your private conversation on a public forum. But, your 12:27 post was exactly my point. It just took you about 20 posts to make it.

Color is irrelevant. Or at least it should be.

sheesh on April 14, 2008 at 12:38 AM

Kind of cranky and dismissive.

Sorry. Maybe if you would point out which comment you are referring to I could go back and read it.

jaime on April 14, 2008 at 12:44 AM

Oh Rev Wright the open sore on Obamas campain just wont go away will he.

TroubledMonkey on April 14, 2008 at 2:42 AM

I find myself liking Wright more and more. He’s not the slightly silly uncle at your Christmas dinner. He’s the blind drunk and insane uncle with early onset dementia who is shooting his mouth off and embarrassing you in front of your guests.

He really is shaping up to be a liability for Obama. We’re not even in the general yet. This is bound to become more and more amusing.

Ares on April 14, 2008 at 4:42 AM

I think that one of the main reasons why the black community will never rise to the level of greatness that it has always wanted to attain is because it spends too much time listening to blathering, blithering hate-filled idiots like Jeremiah Wright. The man clearly has serious issues with this country and the fact that he was using the pulpit in a church to express those issues for so long just shows how vile an individual he truly is.

pilamaye on April 14, 2008 at 7:21 AM

If I wanted to hear a political speech on Sunday I’d stay home and watch the Sunday morning yak-fests. But I want to hear the Gospel – so I go to church. For one hour on Sunday morning I have refuge and sanctuary from all that political crap.
I would sit under “Pastor” Wright’s “preaching” for about 2 minutes before I got up and left. But Obamessiah agrees with his mentor – that’s why he stayed for 20 years.
I know I’m preaching to the choir, but Obama is a racist, an elitist and a Marxist and he learned most of it from his pastor. And this country had better dern sure wake up and think twice about putting him in office.

abcurtis on April 14, 2008 at 8:38 AM

Well, Wright certainly isnt toeing the Obamessiah line there. Barak wants nanny government to fix everything.

abcurtis on April 14, 2008 at 8:43 AM

I wonder if Ombama can add this to his dvd collection?

sbark on April 14, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Look at the bright side. We won’t be looking at either of these rascists after say November 10th or so….Obama:”Well, I gave it my best shot…White America just isn’t ready to elect the most liberal senator and avowed Marxist yet. Or to my beautiful rascist wife with the chip on her shoulder as first lady either. We’re just going to try harder to get our Socialist/Progressive message out loud and clear in four years. What, they won’t back a loser twice? I can always start my own rascist church. I already talk to people like they are idiots in a rascist church,I’ve got the nose in the air and a chip on my shoulder too.” Good riddance…..

adamsmith on April 14, 2008 at 9:10 AM

What a great friend the …no, I can’t even use the words “reverend” and “Jeremiah Wright” in the same sentence… eh hem… What a great friend Jeremiah Wright must have been to his deceased friend. He gives a eulogy that’s all about himself at his friend’s funeral.

What a sick SOB.

Amy Proctor on April 14, 2008 at 9:18 AM

Whenever I see that screencap, I think of the old TV show Sanford & Son, where the old, grumpy guy always embarrasses the young, “hip” guy.

jgapinoy on April 14, 2008 at 9:21 AM

“and it’s them dayum crackers everywhere thats caused all the problems. Thus endeth the lesson.” (standing ovation) Pass the collection plate and the DVD merchandise catalogs.

I’ll admit that us Vikings raised our share of hell in Britain and Ireland however the considerable time we spent harassing the French should make amends. That, and considerably increasing the number of blondes and redheads in the world population.

I’m in agreement with those whom see Wright as someone whose sermons would have us leaving the Revrum Wright’s tax shelter, uh, “church” of hate posthaste.

What is useful about Wright’s continuing tantrums is that he’s revealing / reminding much of the Heartland what too many of the inner city churches have considered business as usual, now for decades: a means of funding a fancy car and living for da revrum who indoctrinates successive generations that it’s okay to screw over their nation and stick it to the Man by any means possible. Not far removed from the madrassas in the Middle East which teach kids to blow themselves up to avenge similar intrusions of civilization in their midst.

viking01 on April 14, 2008 at 9:28 AM

This guy is a barrel of laughs.

Metro on April 14, 2008 at 9:30 AM

I don’t know anything about this man whose memorial service is being used for political purposes as Democrats continually do, but what unites all these groups in ‘friendship’ is Marxism, not faith, unless one wants to define Marxism as a secular faith.

Barry really needs to lock his crazy uncle up in the closet.

Buy Danish on April 14, 2008 at 9:32 AM

All of you brilliant social geniuses, experts on race relations….what are we celebrating tomorrow? Do you even know? Hint:An event which shows how far we’ve come in 61 years.

Doug on April 14, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Where did this donkey get his Rev title? The back of Rolling Stone?
I would say to show him the door but the more he opens his fat, racist mouth, the more he sinks his “brotha” Barry.
Let Mr Black Klanther keep talking.

Geronimo on April 14, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Why of course it’s the beloved Ides of April where we get to celebrate the low crime, low illegitimacy rate, safer shiny urban neighborhoods, the entitlement mentality, the gummint-cheese line occupants’ hostility towards the successful, steadily decreasing SSA retirement age and the low taxes all of which LBJ’s Great Society and FDR’s socialism dependence have made possible.

viking01 on April 14, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Obama has just finished telling small-town PA voters that they turn to religion to find solace in their bitterness (ironically, this information was publicized by the Huffington Post). Well, lots of people turn to God when things get rough. But let all God-loving voters ponder this: Obama’s idea of God is Jeremiah Wright, who wants God to d@mn America.

This should persuade lots of God-fearing voters to fear an Obama in the White House!

Keep talking, Jeremiah, and you can write Lamentations for the Oba-Messiah while President McCain places his hand on the real Bible!

Steve Z on April 14, 2008 at 10:27 AM

What’s hysterical id Thomas Jefferson Love his slaves!

xler8bmw on April 14, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Whoever is not with me is against me…

Jesus, Luke 11:23

More proof that whatever faith Wright is, it ain’t Christian.

psrch on April 14, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Wright said: our founding fathers “planted slavery and white supremacy in the DNA of this republic,”. That must be symbolic! Well, Jeremiah and all you race-baiting phonies: why don’t you include condemning your black African brothers in your list of folks who sold you down the river into slavery all those generations ago. I can hear the growling now: ‘Excuuuse them for not being strong enough to withstaaand the power of White Man’s Greeeeed’.

You get nowhere with these toxic talking heads; logic doesn’t enter into their thinking. Wright will never understand that millions of us (including Hammity) have looked and continue to look beyond race, creed and ‘class’ for years and embraced all Americans as our brothers and sisters. He won’t see it but he’s projecting his own racism on us; outside of his ‘church’ his tirades are more than counter-productive.
Oh, but he’s a Biblical scholar and a black theologian! Well, then that makes it all alright.

Christine on April 14, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Yea but Thomas Jefferson was a slave owner all of his life. A hypocrite? Our first liberal wack-job.

Slavery lasted 100 years in the US. Africans were British Slaves for 300 years on this continent. If slavery was a “birth defect” is was overcome – the American way.

African slavery goes back thousands of years, since before there was a US, a Britain, a Rome – before Moses left Egypt.

God Bless America!!

Agrippa2k on April 14, 2008 at 3:41 PM

why don’t you include condemning your black African brothers

Christine

Well just ask Alicia Keys. She’s hot, but dumber than Kanye West.

Agrippa2k on April 14, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Agrippa2k on April 14, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Wow, I used to really admire A Keys because she didn’t seem to buy into the race thing. I guess I was wrong. The gubment started gangsta rap? Jesus himself is shaking his head at these idiots.

Geronimo on April 14, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Maybe Reverend Wright and others in the African American community could address National crime statitics regarding African Americans. Statistics indicate that around 50% of the total 16000 homicides/year are committed by African Americans. That comes to 8000 per year or over 600 per month…Kinda sounds like Iraq. An even more astounding number considering that African Americans make up only about 12% of the US population. You would think that the good Reverend would like to lead his people from the wilderness of their crime ridden communities instead of hate-mongering against the nation which has done more for Africans than any other in the history of the world including those of the African continent.

Nozzle on April 14, 2008 at 4:37 PM