Video: Defender of the common man knocks back a shot; Update: More Hillary: Have I mentioned that I know how to shoot?

posted at 2:34 pm on April 13, 2008 by Allahpundit

I’m shocked. Crown Royal? I thought Her Majesty was a vodka drinker.

Coming soon: Hillary heads down to the range to squeeze off a few shots from her new .45. Will she don a cowboy hat for the occasion? Only she and her pollster know for sure!

Update: She’s trying. Not very effectively, but she’s trying.

In Goldsboro, close observers noticed a (light) smattering of stickers being worn by attendees. “I’m not bitter!” read the simple rectangular label on the lapels of a couple dozen in the crowd. The campaign says that the stickers are evidence of outrage at the grassroots level.

Yet it’s unclear how spontaneous the sentiment was. A boxful of the stickers was spotted at Clinton’s first event of the day — being whisked backstage…

The Clinton campaign in NC takes responsibility for the stickers, per a campaign aide, but says that the idea originally came from a volunteer.

Update: The Smartest Woman in the World sadly concludes that a guy who raises more money per month than her and McCain combined, and for whom most of American media is hip-deep in the tank, is doomed to defeat in the election.

Update: She simply must be joking:

“We don’t get bogged down and looking back – we’re always looking forward,” she said, as heavy applause nearly drowned out her words. “Whatever obstacle we see, we get over it. Whatever challenge we have, we meet it. We’re the problem-solvers, we’re the innovators, we’re the people who make the better future.”

Americans don’t quit, baby! In other news, Hillary promises withdrawal from Iraq within 60 days of her inauguration.

Update: Stop. Please. In the name of god/Obama, stop.

“I disagree with Sen. Obama’s assertion that people in our country cling to guns and have certain attitudes about trade and immigration simply out of frustration,” she began, referring to the Obama comments on small-town Americans that set off a political tumult on Friday.

She then introduced a fond memory from her youth.

Update: Further to the Politico link in one of the updates above, here she is finally making her doubts about Obama’s viability public. No surprise: Politico’s not the first source to claim she and Bill think Barry O can’t win, but it’s bound to be generate all sorts of exquisite fake outrage from his supporters, so enjoy the aftermath. Belated exit question: Er, aren’t her concerns here quite reasonable?

Clinton also threatened that these comments could really hurt the Democratic Party – making a veiled comparison to what happened to John Kerry and Al Gore.

“The Democratic party has been unfortunately viewed by many people over the last decades as being elitist and out of touch we have waged elections over that you don’t have to think too far to remember that good men running for president were viewed as being elitist and out of touch with the values and the lives of millions of Americans. So I think this is a very significant concern that people have expressed. You know the front page of the paper today in Scranton is very pointed and the mayor and mayors across Pennsylvanian and people across our country have all reacted,” she said.

Comments

Sadly, it`s come to this………Admit it Hillary, you have a drinking problem! :)

ThePrez on April 13, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Racist.

Good Lt on April 13, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Is that really the blood of jesus?

Why yes it is.

Man, that guy must have been drunk all the time.

/Family Guy

lorien1973 on April 13, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Ha, imagine a drunk Hillary sitting under a single-bulb light at the White House kitchen table when Bill doesn’t come home on time.

Hannibal Smith on April 13, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Good for her. She’ll be knocking back a few more as she works her way through the stages of grief over her dying campaign.

dedalus on April 13, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Oh my gosh! This is dangerous. Hillary is starting to look not so bad to this diehard rabid Republican. She keeps this stuff up, and I may not be able to hate her so much.

ericdondero on April 13, 2008 at 2:40 PM

And Bill says: If I knew she had form like that, I wouldn’t have needed Monica.

Wuh? Too soon?

lorien1973 on April 13, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Hannibal Smith on April 13, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Too awesome to contemplate the ensuing damage in the White House.

CrimsonFisted on April 13, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I don’t drink at all.. :{

Chakra Hammer on April 13, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Will she pass around a 40 in a paper bag with her brothas and sistahs in Philly? No? Racist pig!

fourstringfuror on April 13, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 13, 2008 at 2:45 PM

I don’t either. I hate the smell. I hate the taste. I don’t get the deal with everyone’s obsession with beer either. The color comes from bacteria poop – what’s the thrill?

lorien1973 on April 13, 2008 at 2:48 PM

I wonder if this is what she really does at 3:00 AM. Makes the freshly pressed pansuit and perfectly coiffed hair all the more impressive.

fourstringfuror on April 13, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Glaciers Gone Wild!

its vintage duh on April 13, 2008 at 2:50 PM

lorien1973 on April 13, 2008 at 2:48 PM

That’s why a top-shelf vodka is the way to go for you. Odorless, pleasant taste, and clear as water!

fourstringfuror on April 13, 2008 at 2:50 PM

I thought Her Majesty was a vodka drinker.

Absolute vodka no doubt.
sorry, I couldn’t pass it up, it was too obvious.

abinitioadinfinitum on April 13, 2008 at 2:51 PM

I hear, afterwards, she poured a little on the floor and said, “One for me. And one for my homeys.”

lorien1973 on April 13, 2008 at 2:53 PM

I didn’t catch it but supposedly there was a press conference today where Hill really hit into Obama. She also said a Limbaugh fan was voting for her for the health care.

ninjapirate on April 13, 2008 at 2:54 PM

If she keeps knocking back shots like that, how is she going to answer the phone at 3 AM?

*Phone rings* *hand grabs for receiver, drops it twice, then picks it up*

HC: Whaddya want?

Chief of Staff: Madame President, we have a situation in South America.

HC: Well I’ve got a situation here! I need more BOOZE!

CoS: Um, can you repeat that?

HC: Youallthink… youallthink I’m too SOFT. Well, Jim beam think’s I’m nice and hard!

CoS: Madame President, what the hell does that mean?

HC: Hold on… *door opens* *pounding techno music and people shouting* Woooooo hoooo! Shots all around!

CoS: Madame President? I can barely hear you.

HC: Who’s the PREEZZZ? Oh..uhoh.. *Bleaarrrgghhhh*

Nethicus on April 13, 2008 at 2:56 PM

I wonder if she’d be willing to drop universal health care and settle for universal Newcastle.

RedWinged Blackbird on April 13, 2008 at 2:56 PM

First time that I’ve seen Hilldog seem kinda real, she cheered up that shot like a pro and she didn’t forget her brewski.

Tobias2012 on April 13, 2008 at 2:58 PM

Glaciers Gone Wild! – its vintage duh

Ok, that’s funny.

jasnell on April 13, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Ok, now I know how she manages to tolerate Bubba.

rplat on April 13, 2008 at 3:07 PM

wait wait wait just one bleeding minute , she holds her shot up for the toast then after everyone else takes the shot she sips it {its not a lattie } You toast, you shoot it back, you place the glass on the bar {for the next round} and then you grab your beer as the chaser.
Its a shot it dosnt take three sips to finish it.

Mojack420 on April 13, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 13, 2008 at 2:45 PM

lorien1973 on April 13, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Guys, go out and bale about 500 bales of hay when it’s about 90 degrees out. When done, go to the cooler where they are so cold they are very close to forming ice crystals inside the can/bottle.

Repeat depending on the number of bales and temperature.

91Veteran on April 13, 2008 at 3:09 PM

How many whiskey shots will Hillary have had, by 3 AM, when that phone rings…

localmalcontent on April 13, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Glaciers Gone Wild! – its vintage duh

Ok, that’s funny.

jasnell on April 13, 2008 at 3:03 PM

I don’t dare watch the video…I’m afraid there might be some thong.

My eyes are burning just thinking about it.

91Veteran on April 13, 2008 at 3:12 PM

localmalcontent on April 13, 2008 at 3:09 PM

oh 3 or 4 then she is off to do keg stands at the closest frat house to try and get the youth vote . Then she misses the 3 am call but she dose get on the next release of girls gone wild flashing her ta tats

Mojack420 on April 13, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Huh. From page 3 of that article.

Both men lost control of their public images to the right-wing freak show — that network of operatives and commentators working mostly outside of the mainstream media — and ultimately lost their elections as many voters came to see them as elitist, out-of-touch, phony, and even unpatriotic.

I’m guessing they mean the swiftboat attacks? Right wing freak show is a little harsh dont you think?

Anyway I still feel like Obama is gonna steamroll this election, but maybe that’s because every lawn in my neighborhood has an Obama 08 sign on it seems like.

Dash on April 13, 2008 at 3:15 PM

CANADIAN whisky? What’s wrong with a little Beam? Oh yeah, she’s waiting til the Kentucky primary.

THE CHOSEN ONE on April 13, 2008 at 3:16 PM

How long will it be before she is telling us she has been a NASCAR fan her entire life?

Mark1971 on April 13, 2008 at 3:16 PM

lorien1973 on April 13, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Made me spill my beer. Now I’m bitter.

James OK on April 13, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Hahaha! Next up her aides will toss up clay pigeons everytime she shouts “PULL!”

Dash on April 13, 2008 at 3:19 PM

One hopes she shoots better than she bowls.

lorien1973 on April 13, 2008 at 3:22 PM

and then you grab your beer as the chaser.
Its a shot it dosnt take three sips to finish it.

Hey, give the old broad a break. She looked more natural there then kerry did trying to order a cheesestaek or sitting with a Bud in front of him. Hillary actually looked human. It would be funny to find out she was really a beer and shot girl and bubba drinks cosmos.

peacenprosperity on April 13, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Dash on April 13, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Must be some neighborhood. I’d say it’s time to move.

peacenprosperity on April 13, 2008 at 3:23 PM

I call it pretty brave… acting like a real person.

Kaptain Amerika on April 13, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Wow…these two define desperation…no matter what my political leanings, I would feel I had to vote for McCain just on the basis of dignity alone.

surrounded on April 13, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Sipping on a single malt scotch straight up, now that would have impressed me.

Dr. Manhattan on April 13, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Have I mentioned that I know how to shoot?

Vince Foster was unavailable for comment.

LegendHasIt on April 13, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Hey if having a big money advantage was a guarantee of victory, then Romney would be the Republican nominee now, not McCain.

AZCoyote on April 13, 2008 at 3:34 PM

I guess this shows she’s got the “fire in her belly”.

surrounded on April 13, 2008 at 3:37 PM

She also wrestles bears and punches sharks.

I guess when the competition is so limp-wristed it might pay to try and pass yourself off as the “manly” candidate. She shouldn’t worry though. No one has ever doubted her masculinity. Her sanity and ethics maybe, but never her masculinity.

Grayson on April 13, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Hillary can drink,what!

Since when does Vampires get around the waiting period for a gun permit,and if she shoots at night,dam well better have
night vision,or the groupings are going to be all over the
back forty!

canopfor on April 13, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Three years ago the left viewed these middle class Americans as worthless morons for voting for Bush. Remember the calls for secession from the likes of Larry O’Donnell, et al.?

Now, they’re all scrambling to get a good seat at the local Cracker Barrel.

They still think they’re rubes; but uncommitted ones are worth the sell.

SteveMG on April 13, 2008 at 3:43 PM

AZCoyote on April 13, 2008 at 3:34 PM

The msm is above graft, they will cling to their liberal bias to the end.

peacenprosperity on April 13, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Ya know she has a pretty good resume’ for
a Russian hit women,dodges sniper fire,
bit of Anne Oakley shooting style and drinks
with the men,Ummmm!

Fall off chair,thud hit floor!Ouwee,sorry,I was
dreamin!My mistake.haha

canopfor on April 13, 2008 at 3:44 PM

I like the pic of her eyes crossing as she looks at the shot glass while she’s knockin’ it back. Maybe that wasn’t her first one.

TeeDee on April 13, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Oh for f—’s sake you just knew we’d being hearing more about grandpappy, didn’t you? The cottage that her grandad built outside Scranton- no doubt made entirely out of lace from that factory he worked at from the age of 11. Is anyone checking all this yet? And her dad teaching her how to shoot(!) – just in case she had to defend herself in an ambush by Serbian guerillas.

schiehallion on April 13, 2008 at 3:59 PM

I think it was hilarious how AP predicted/begged for the gun thing and later on he had to update the post with Hillary’s panderfest.

Baphomet on April 13, 2008 at 4:00 PM

“You know, my dad took me out behind the cottage that my grandfather built on a little lake called Lake Winola outside of Scranton and taught me how to shoot when I was a little girl,” she said.”

“Stop. Please. In the name of God…, stop.”

Indeed……..

Seven Percent Solution on April 13, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Hey, she is just like me. Except I don’t have a minion paying for my drinks on an expense account.

RobCon on April 13, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Your gonna drive me to drinking if you don’t stop driving that Hot Rod Lincoln

Kini on April 13, 2008 at 4:08 PM

A shot is supposed to be taken down in “a shot”. It’s not to be sipped like a warmed brandy. Geez.

THE CHOSEN ONE on April 13, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Two words: Ron Paul. Being able to fleece your supporters of every penny they’ve got doesn’t mean you’re gonna win.

Darth Executor on April 13, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Over on little green footballs they had a thread that devolved into a discussion of the aftermath of over indulgence.

“hollerin roy”
“calling ralph on the big white phone”

Now this. What are the odds?

rockhauler on April 13, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Wait a minute!! I have the EXACT SAME memory, only it was my grandfather behind a shed my dad bought. And we had to be vewwy, vewwy quiet. Wait; never mind, that was Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck. It’s late, I must be tired.

tgillian on April 13, 2008 at 4:15 PM

lorien1973 on April 13, 2008 at 2:48 PM

I make my own beer and it’s an awesome hobby.

Actually the color comes from the type of malt used. Caramel malt gives you a caramel color, black patent a black color, etc.

Yeast is actually fungi, not bacterial.

Speaking of beer I’ll bring a keg of homebrew, someone else get the lawn chairs and hot dogs and we can sit back and watch the Democratic Party destroy itself.

darclon on April 13, 2008 at 4:16 PM

ericdondero on April 13, 2008 at 2:40 PM

It’s kinda scary that Obama makes the Hildabeast look a tad less repulsive than usual. They’re both so awful that it gets confusing.

Cicero43 on April 13, 2008 at 4:22 PM

I know she is in full desperation mode, but HER of all people calling Barry O an elitist?

Vigilante on April 13, 2008 at 4:25 PM

lorien1973

Beer hater GO HOME! Beer hater GO HOME! I’m kidding lor, well mayhbe only half kidding. Most people dislike beer because they drink swill like Budweiser or any of the other macros. The holy and righteous way is to bite the bullet and buy some of the more expensive craft beers and euro imports until you find a style that suits you.

http://www.beeradvocate.com is a good place to start

Life is indeed too short to drink cheap beer.

Dr. Manhattan on April 13, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Next she’ll be pulling her top up, showing the pups and screaming”WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! SPRING BREAK ’08, bitches!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

LtE126 on April 13, 2008 at 4:52 PM

And Chelsea likes gimlets.

Obama goes for the blow.

McCain must be orchestrating this folly like Machiavelli.

More popcorn and Alfa organic pilsner!

profitsbeard on April 13, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Hillary knows how to do shots like Kerry knows how to do cheesesteak.

- The Cat

MirCat on April 13, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Hillary throws back a shot of the Crown, Obama would probably ask for a spritzer…if he would even deign to enter an establishment full of “those people” in the first place.

SuperCool on April 13, 2008 at 5:55 PM

What a sight! At least she didn’t throw the shot glass afterwards…

Zorro on April 13, 2008 at 6:04 PM

All this talk of Hillary has got me to do some exploring. I don’t know when or where this was, but I found this clip of Hillary drinking what was called “moonshine” at a NASCAR race at Watkin’s Glen when she was running for Senate. I still can’t believe my eyes. It sure looks like her!

malan89 on April 13, 2008 at 6:22 PM

And Bill says: If I knew she had form like that, I wouldn’t have needed Monica.

Wuh? Too soon?

lorien1973 on April 13, 2008 at 2:42 PM

She really should have finished off the shot by lighting up a good cigar … or doing something else with a bad cigar.

jon1979 on April 13, 2008 at 6:33 PM

When I saw her grab the beer I had a slight softening of the heart towards her. WOW, she’s a shot and a beer broad, cool. But when she downed the rest of the shot without a flinch I became suspicious. Me thinks it was apple juice or something. I’ve drank a lot of different s–t in my life but I never just reacted like it was a glass of water the way she did. Either she’s secretly pretty experienced at shots, which I doubt, or it was some pretty mild stuff. Or as I said, apple juice. You know what I mean guys?

Jeff on April 13, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Next she’ll be doing the “make out with another drunk broad just to get attention” thing. I do like the way she kind of slams the shotglass down on the bar.

LtE126 on April 13, 2008 at 8:51 PM

ericdondero on April 13, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Yup. Hillary’s more man than Bill.

BowHuntingTexas on April 13, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Unlike Nobama, we know what were getting with her.

Tell another story Hill!

It’s not like we’re going to believe you.

Domino on April 13, 2008 at 9:06 PM

I have to admit, I was impressed with that video. She is a tough old broad, I’ll give her that. I simply can’t visualize Obama being able to knock back a beer and a shot without throwing up. I don’t want to see her as president, but I would feel exponentially more comfortable with her winning than the communist that’s ahead right now for the Dems.

Dudley Smith on April 13, 2008 at 9:54 PM

Oh my God listen to yourselves man …. your starting to like her because she drank a beer and took a shot in two or three hits…

I suppose that if she pulls out the gun she shot Vince Foster with, slips into a little of her small people voice, and blows a hole through the ceiling you all will be votin for her.

She’s a player thats for shore, a player playing a very dangerous game with the people of these great states.

dhunter on April 13, 2008 at 10:35 PM

I’m waiting for Madame Hillary! to light up a cigarette and have a smoke-off with OhBummer. The whole Dhimmi campaign is one of smoke and mirrors, after all.

With a few shots and beers under their belts, they can both demonstrate how un-xenophobic they are by doing the Macarena or the Mexican hat dance.

onlineanalyst on April 13, 2008 at 11:34 PM

This is the most honest I’ve ever seen Hillary. A woman in a bad marriage needs to drink!

You go girl!

Amy Proctor on April 13, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Hey, I want a little cabin on the edge of a lake! How can I go about getting one? You think the guvment will take my taxes and maybe give me one? You bet I’m bitter! I’ve seen guys take that money they get back from them there food stamps and buy their likker!

unclesmrgol on April 14, 2008 at 12:36 AM

I think she drinks like a girl.

freevillage on April 14, 2008 at 1:21 AM

Amazing to think where we are these days, where the original ‘inevitable’ Democratic candidate appears more favourable to the others only after A) becoming some sort of underdog, and B) by seeming… ‘human’.

Reaps on April 14, 2008 at 5:18 AM

I am not a drinker, so someone help me out. Do people normally drink shots and beer at the same time?

I would feel sorry for her if she weren’t so scary.

Dubn8tr on April 14, 2008 at 7:59 AM

I thought it was Vince Foster who taught Hillary how to shoot? Thanks to John Kerry Hillary also knows how to hunt for deer crawling along on the ground.

It’s rather sad that Hillary is doing shots of Crown Royal when that should be reserved for the cheaper stuff like Early Times or budget tequila. The thought of sipping and savoring the smoother varieties of Canadian or Scotch whisky has probably never occurred to her. She has all the subtlety of a Janet Reno massacre in Waco or of her brother Hugh Rodham hawking pardons for Slick.

Most people avoid drinking boilermakers (shots and beer) unless the goal is to get plastered the fastest should one have run out of PGA (pure grain alcohol) to fry, instead of relax their brain cells.

viking01 on April 14, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Watch for Hill’s handlers to produce a clip of her at a shooting range. That’s if Obamessiah’s handlers dont think of getting him there first.

abcurtis on April 14, 2008 at 9:25 AM

Maybe Hillary shouldn’t have mentioned the cottage at Lake Winola. When I Googled “Rodham Winola”, there were several mentions of Hillary having done some shooting there, but there were also some articles about Hillary’s brother Tony Rodham having assaulted a man who accused (Tony) Rodham of having sex with his girlfriend in 2001. Does Hillary want this information coming back into public view?

Then there’s this one about Tony Rodham having failed to pay $130K in child support and alimony to his former wife Nicole Boxer, daughter of California Senator Barbara Boxer.

Stories about Hillary doing some shooting around Lake Winola might play well against Obama’s gaffe in San Francisco, but other events in Lake Winola aren’t very good for Hillary. She might not really want to go there…

Steve Z on April 14, 2008 at 6:46 PM