Dean: Gee, I’m sure glad we get to run against McCain instead of Mitt Romney

posted at 8:39 pm on April 10, 2008 by Allahpundit

Sure, pal. Sure you are.

Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean said Thursday he feared his party’s nominee facing Mitt Romney in the general election more than any other candidate.

“Frankly, Mitt Romney was the candidate I feared the most in the general because he’s got plenty of money, he’s wealthy,” Dean told reporters at a committee briefing. “He’s very articulate and he willing to say practically anything, and Republican voters want discipline.”

When asked if he’d fear a McCain-Romney ticket, Dean said the former Massachussetts governor was the best candidate the Republicans were probably “ever going to get.”

He has to spin this news somehow but to take the extra step of suggesting that Mitt, of all people, is the best Republican evah is a typically, gratuitously hamfisted Dean-o touch. He feared a guy who couldn’t beat McCain in New Hampshire despite the huge financial advantage, months of early campaigning, and proximity to the state he governed? He feared the social con whose faith and very belated conversion to the cause left him suspect in the eyes of much of the Christian base? Whose own most devout supporters felt compelled to beg him in the pages of the New York Times to stop running such a phony campaign? I thought Mitt would have been the easiest to beat of the big four in a general election: McCain and Giuliani would have captured the center and taken their chances with the right and Huckabee would have done the opposite. Who would Romney have captured? He probably would have outraised McCain (and certainly would have if he donated to himself), but that assumes that he would have declined public financing. Would he have? Mitt’s monthly intake was never like Obama’s has become, so even if he opted out he’d still be at the huge disadvantage McCain faces. Even Maverick-haters are being forced to acknowledge the horrible truth.

Exit question: Aren’t you glad we get to run against Obama instead of Bill Richardson? Bullet dodged!

Update: Dean-o’s wish may yet be granted.

Update: Sure, pal. Sure you won’t.

Comments

Dean is right!

For once.

Roger Waters on April 10, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Dean has proven himself to be an idiot who serves the crazy wing of the democratic party. Why would you take anything he says seriously?

JAW on April 10, 2008 at 8:45 PM

How’s that DNC fundraising going there, Dean-O?

The_Freeze on April 10, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Obama may still implode.

There’re lots of Wright-like chickens still winging their way to his roost.

I feared having Joe Biden as the Dem candidate.

He’s neither clean, nor new, nor articulate.

But that hair is scary.

profitsbeard on April 10, 2008 at 8:46 PM

I am not good at trick questions.

infidel on April 10, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Dean is so full of crud. Yeeeaaaarrrgh!

So, the main reason…supposedly…is that the Mittwit had more money?

JetBoy on April 10, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Whoa! I know you’re not a Romney fan, AP, but using a quote by Dean as an excuse to further pick apart Mitt?

Dead Hand Control on April 10, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Wait, Richardson’s out?

Vizzini on April 10, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Si!

Seven Percent Solution on April 10, 2008 at 8:53 PM

Nice try Howie. Now you’ll get Maverick the War Hero who America is very familiar with and likes. Bring on your 40 million dollar Soros ad campaign against him. It’ll only turn off middle america to your leftist agenda. Your statement alone shows your fear of the Mav.

THE CHOSEN ONE on April 10, 2008 at 8:53 PM

It’s quite remarkable how Mitt was a god in the private equity/leveraged buyout world and a complete chump in politics. Just goes to show that if you’re ever interested in national office, getting an MBA is probably not the best route.

Even in an achievement-oriented country like America, class warfare can be used to devastating effect, as Rev. Huckabee demonstrated before Iowa.

The_Freeze on April 10, 2008 at 8:53 PM

Yeah, sure. He feared the guy that, no matter how much he spent, couldn’t even win his party’s primary.

amerpundit on April 10, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Even Maverick-haters are being forced to acknowledge the horrible truth.

Yes indeed. John McCain is, in fact, the perfect candidate for a country that is moving in the direction ours is moving, and for the speed at which it is making that move.

Weight of Glory on April 10, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Rev Huckabee?

Question: What do Rev Huckabee and Rev Sharpton and Rev Jesse Jackson have in common.

Answer: Everything

War hero McCain is a horrible candidate. Still cant figure out who the Shia and who the Sunni are. Plus, he could very easily die before the election anyway and then we will get Obama.

Roger Waters on April 10, 2008 at 8:57 PM

I don’t follow – He’s perfect because he has some liberal tendencies?

Dead Hand Control on April 10, 2008 at 8:59 PM

I don’t follow – He’s perfect because he has some liberal tendencies?

Dead Hand Control on April 10, 2008 at 8:59 PM

I was bouncing off of the link that AP provided, which takes you to a blog that quoted something Ed wrote either yesterday or today, I can’t remember which.

Weight of Glory on April 10, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Roger Waters on April 10, 2008 at 8:57 PM

How much of Mittbot do you have to be (two months after he dropped out!) to regurgitate DNC pap in his defence?

The_Freeze on April 10, 2008 at 9:01 PM

As far as the “speed” part, I’m simply referring to the main line used whenever someone lists their grievances about McCain.

Weight of Glory on April 10, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Mr. Freeze,

Yes, I am a Mittbot. But, just as importantly, I think McCain is the Worst republican nominee since Nixon.

Roger Waters on April 10, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Even Maverick-haters are being forced to acknowledge the horrible truth.

posted at 8:39 pm on April 10, 2008 by Allahpundit

“Maverick” in making the wrong decisions.

Sure, that’s why people voted for him.

Didn’t I always say that voters are idiots?

And what “horrible truth” you’re talking about?

I think it’s the “horrible truth” when the Republican “pundits” discovered -too late- that their “savior” is Mitt Romney.

But at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what you and me think, because the “smart” voters are full of surprises.

Indy Conservative on April 10, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Aren’t you glad we get to run against Obama instead of Bill Richardson?

Can we all sleep better at night?

Si, se puede!

BacaDog on April 10, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Rev Huckabee?

Answer: Everything

Roger Waters on April 10, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Dude, your hatred is depressing. And that is coming from a Pink Floyd fan.

carbon_footprint on April 10, 2008 at 9:11 PM

The “horrible truth” is more of a lucky coincidence that the dems have an all-out war for their nomination, pushing them further and further to the left.

Don’t get me wrong, McCain will have my vote (notwithstanding his disturbing misrepresentations about Romney’s view on Iraq prior to the Florida primary – Supreme Court nominations are just too important to give to the dems out of spite), but I’m not interested in being told I should be lucky to have him.

Dead Hand Control on April 10, 2008 at 9:14 PM

MITT 2012!!!!

Greenhorn on April 10, 2008 at 9:15 PM

And what “horrible truth” you’re talking about?

Indy Conservative on April 10, 2008 at 9:07 PM

That he was our most electable choice this year?

amerpundit on April 10, 2008 at 9:15 PM

This discussion of what isn’t is pointless. McCain is the nominee so vote for him, or the dem nominee or some 3rd party candidate (Gravel or Nader perhaps) or dont vote but the bottom line is that it is April and not February and Mitt is not the nominee (regrettably) so quit yer whining already.

HawaiiLwyr on April 10, 2008 at 9:17 PM

This is the same guy who won’t count the Florida and Michigan votes. What an idiot. Hopefully republicans won’t believe this garbage.

jencab on April 10, 2008 at 9:18 PM

p.s. Howard Dean is a wedge (the world’s simplest tool)

HawaiiLwyr on April 10, 2008 at 9:19 PM

MITT 2012!!!!

Greenhorn on April 10, 2008 at 9:15 PM

Keep that Massachusetts liberal pro-choice flip-flopper as far from the White House as possible. Yuck.

JetBoy on April 10, 2008 at 9:20 PM

but I’m not interested in being told I should be lucky to have him.

Dead Hand Control on April 10, 2008 at 9:14 PM

Exactly!

Weight of Glory on April 10, 2008 at 9:21 PM

And what “horrible truth” you’re talking about?

Indy Conservative on April 10, 2008 at 9:07 PM

That he was our most electable choice this year?

amerpundit on April 10, 2008 at 9:15 PM

Regrettably.

And unfortunately, this election season America will get what it deserves:

The worst candidates ever, on both sides.

Again, I blame the voters.

Stupidity and shallowness is beyond imagination.

Indy Conservative on April 10, 2008 at 9:24 PM

You’re missing the boat by 10 miles. The Mitt he feared wasn’t the guy you criticize. The Mitt he feared was the real Mitt who won easily in MA and did a good job as Governor. He was very popular until he started running for National office and thought it was a good idea to use MA as the butt of many of his jokes. If Mitt had simply not found the need to pander things may have turned out very differently. You also completely miss the dynamics of the race which caused the conservative vote to be split allowing McCain to get all the moderates and crossovers. If Huck never emerged out of Iowa, who the heck knows what would have happened.

TheBigOldDog on April 10, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Any organization that has a complete jackass like Howard Dean in charge of it, has severe troubles.

Dean is sawed off incompetent mental midget.

On the positive side, think of all of the patients Dean saved by giving up his practice of quackery.

How the Democrats find people like this little weasel, is the real question.

NoDonkey on April 10, 2008 at 9:25 PM

JetBoy on April 10, 2008 at 9:20 PM

did he flip flop or just flip ? to me there is a world of difference.

palefaced on April 10, 2008 at 9:25 PM

p.s. Howard Dean is a wedge (the world’s simplest tool)

HawaiiLwyr on April 10, 2008 at 9:19 PM

Nice!

ErikTheRed on April 10, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Why would Dean lie about how he really feels now?

A little late in the day now for “Do whatever you want to me, but don’t throw me in the briar patch”

MB4 on April 10, 2008 at 9:28 PM

No on Mitt. Run Jindal or some other solid conservative in 2012. Why take Mitt when you can have the real article next time around?

doubleplusundead on April 10, 2008 at 9:29 PM

He has to take the focus off of his out of control party. I’m loving every minute of this.

SouthernGent on April 10, 2008 at 9:33 PM

JetBoy on April 10, 2008 at 9:20 PM

As opposed to the Arizona Democrats, Liberal, conservative Republicans?

There isn’t a single person who ran who’s judgment I trust more than Mitt. I’d put my family’s life in his hands and I can’t say that about any of the remaining candidates. I mean that sincerely.

Mitt would have gotten stuff done, of that I have no doubt but for some reason, he ran his campaign like he was still a student at HBS trying to say the right things in order to ace all his classes. It was a huge mistake.

TheBigOldDog on April 10, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Why would Dean lie about how he really feels now?

Okay, let’s take him at his word.

Who here thinks Dean has the pulse of the American electorate and what they want in a Republican candidate?

Ferris?…..

SteveMG on April 10, 2008 at 9:35 PM

MITT is VERY CONSERVATIVE. He just had to downplay it and preach love so MA would elect him.

Iowa being first made him tell how conservative he was. Unfortunately the media and all the other candidates attacked him for it.

Mitt was the most socially and fiscally conservative canidate we will ever have. Except maybe no abortions at all Jindal.

PrezHussein on April 10, 2008 at 9:37 PM

Um, I don’t think Romney had any chance of winning. He might have had more money but in this election it has proved useless. Romney might also have proven to be a better debater than McCain but again that didn’t get Hillary anywhere.

terryannonline on April 10, 2008 at 9:41 PM

I respectfully feel the opposite. On that, I fully trust McCain.

Mitt would have gotten stuff done…

That’s what I’m afraid of. I just never, never trusted Mitt Romney. He left a mess in Mass. And if his tenure as governor there was any indication of his performance as POTUS, I’m glad he’s out.

I dunno…you, and plenty of others, see something in Mitt I just don’t. But, by the same regards, I see things in McCain that a lot of y’all don’t.

JetBoy on April 10, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Mitt was good against Hillary, but McCain may be better against BO

PrezHussein on April 10, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Ferris?…..

SteveMG on April 10, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Who here thinks that you have the pulse of the American electorate?

Who here thinks that I have the pulse of the American electorate?

Who here is drunk this early?

MB4 on April 10, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Dear Allahpundit,

Please get over Mitt Romney. I got over John McCain. It’s time to stop the lefthanded backsides.

I know you can do it.

eaglesdontflock on April 10, 2008 at 9:52 PM

THe left a mess in Mass.
I dunno…you, and plenty of others, see something in Mitt I
JetBoy on April 10, 2008 at 9:47 PM

What mess? I live here and can tell you he left this State a lot better than he found it. He’d still be Governor if he decided to stay.

TheBigOldDog on April 10, 2008 at 9:54 PM

Yeah, and I’m ecstatic that we get to run against Obama instead of Gravel. *whew* Dodged a bullet there.

29Victor on April 10, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Who here is drunk this early?

MB4 on April 10, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Working on it dude, working on it……..

Seven Percent Solution on April 10, 2008 at 9:55 PM

All of the distrust of Romney, and because of that we got stuck with someone that we know for a fact we cannot trust — MexicCain.

Captain Amnesty himself!

HYTEAndy on April 10, 2008 at 9:56 PM

JetBoy on April 10, 2008 at 9:47 PM

amen

eaglesdontflock on April 10, 2008 at 9:52 PM

and amen

29Victor on April 10, 2008 at 9:56 PM

I think I have a completely different view of things in this world than most people.

For example, when picking and voting for a candidate for the presidency of the United States, I look -first of all- for the qualifications, the experience in making sound decisions and governing and then the personality.

I don’t want a sissy, an empty-suit, a talker.

I don’t want a puppet of the Interest Groups.

I don’t want a coward.

I don’t want a liar nor a hypocrite.

I want someone who got things done.

I want a proven strong leader.

I look for someone who loves America and is not willing to give in.

I want someone who shares my conservative values: Social, Economic and especially National Security which is closely related to the Economy.

The looks don’t matter, the quality of the product does.

I guess these simple criteria for choosing a president are not so popular.

It tells you something about the America of the 21st Century.

Indy Conservative on April 10, 2008 at 9:57 PM

Huckabee is on Judicial Watch’s “Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians” for 2007

Now that’s someone you can trust amirite?

PrezHussein on April 10, 2008 at 9:58 PM

Richardson over Obama,Oh Horrors,Whew that was a squeaker!

Warning:If your a screamer,like Deano it will slowly
impair your political vision,to the point if
you continue to be outcast like a lonely loon
in your own political party!haha

canopfor on April 10, 2008 at 10:00 PM

I think McCain is the Worst republican nominee since Nixon.

Roger Waters on April 10, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Nixon 1960, or 1968/72?

newton on April 10, 2008 at 10:00 PM

I see things in McCain that a lot of y’all don’t.

JetBoy on April 10, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Oh, we see perfectly. And we don’t like it. I’d “take my chances” with someone willing to listen to what I say as a conservative over the back-stabbing Captain Amnesty himself. He has yet to try and concede anything to me since getting the nomination.

Forget McCain ’08.

HYTEAndy on April 10, 2008 at 10:05 PM

HYTEAndy on April 10, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Honestly…It’s really getting old, this McCain “amnesty” stuff. *sigh*

Do you call Ronald Reagan “Captain Amnesty”? I guess Mitt’s proposed plan, to…you know, grant “amnesty” on a case-by-case basis…made more sense? Waste of time, money, and a huge new govt. beurocracy.

JetBoy on April 10, 2008 at 10:14 PM

I voted for Romney, but by the time the opportunity to vote came to my state, McCain was already the clear winner. I thought that McCain’s time was 2000, but he ‘lost’ to Bush. Too bad for him. I’m more interested in a Republican being the president than McCain getting the nod because it was ‘his time,’ and 2012 would be too late. Nominating McCain now makes about as much sense as nominating Dole whenever he got the nomination. For republicans, it would seem that Hillary would be better than voting against Obama. I can’t see Americans voting for McCain over Obama. I sure wish that my vote for Romney at the time actually mattered.

Sucks to be me.

wise_man on April 10, 2008 at 10:15 PM

Allah, when it comes to Romney, you’re lame. Can we get a rebuttal from the Captain?

bobthepeeler on April 10, 2008 at 10:19 PM

wise_man on April 10, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Who here is drunk this early?

So, you actually think Dean knows whether the electorate would support McCain? Versus Mitt.

Howard Dean? Dean as a credible observer of the body politic?

Yep, somebody’s been hitting the bottle alright.

SteveMG on April 10, 2008 at 10:28 PM

Howard Dean … yep, there’s a guy who knows how to win national elections … bwahhaaaahaaa.

SPQR on April 10, 2008 at 10:32 PM

That some folks here apparently consider him a reliable source is amazing.

Amazing.

SteveMG on April 10, 2008 at 10:34 PM

When does Dean’s patently absurd proclamations start impacting moderate perceptions of the Democratic party? Calling McCain an opportunist, and now claiming McCain is a weak candidate really strains credulity. This can only really make Democrats look desperate and weak–not hopeful and visionary.

BryanS on April 10, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Honestly…It’s really getting old, this McCain “amnesty” stuff. *sigh*

No Jetboy, it will never get old. It should be held up as a perfect example of how the government tries to f**k their constituents with underhanded tactics to do something the politicians want to do, rather than the will of the people. It wasn’t just that McCain was wrong on amnesty; it’s how he tried to slip it through in the dead of night with no hearings and only special interest groups getting a say. It was filthy ‘screw the voters’ politicking; that, and his assault on the 1st amendment, McCain-Feingold, prevent me from EVER trusting John McCain. And despite having been schooled on how vehemently the people disagreed with him on that bill, he goes and gives the entire base the finger by hiring Juan Hernandez. I don’t know what you ‘see’ in John Mccain, but I think you need to get your eyes checked. He may have been an honorable man when he was in the service, but his career in the Senate screams ‘underhanded slimy dirtbag’. And you guys want to give him real power…well, don’t worry. Should he win, (sans my vote) i’ll be ready to scream ‘I told you so’ and ‘Damn you Mccain voters’ when the inevitable string of betrayals begins.

austinnelly on April 10, 2008 at 11:02 PM

austinnelly on April 10, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Stop making sense. Passionately throwing down your points and being coherent is no way to hi-jack a thread.

It is good to know that there are others with my malady. Keep it sharp austinnelly, you’ll be using it again soon when the McCainites start trolling.

Cold Steel on April 10, 2008 at 11:31 PM

“Dude, your hatred is depressing. And that is coming from a Pink Floyd fan.
carbon_footprint on April 10, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Dude, no hatred here, my brother. Just stating an opinion.

So what kind of floydian dude are you..there are two types you know. Real Floyd fans and Gilmourites. Hope your a real one, my brother.

Roger Waters on April 10, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Fred Thompson could still win this thing from the sheer number of write-ins I’m personally gonna submit.

Fred was the real dodged bullet, and we have no-one to thank for that but the idiots in Iowa, New Hampshire and N. Carolina for that. The people who voted in the republican primaries in those states ought to be ashamed of themselves.

VolMagic on April 11, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Romney would make a great VP, and a great presidential candidate in 2012. He’s one of the most qualified people to ever run for president. I honestly think he was held back in uber liberal Massachusetts. Republicans let the media pick their candidate in 2008, even if McCain wins, he is far from the best candidate we could’ve put out there.

therightwinger on April 11, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Mitt would make a great VP choice. I worked in a management consulting firm that employed only MBA, Harvard, Stanford, MIT grads…your basic Mitt Romney types. For about 8 years witnessing their work ethic, these people are highly skilled problem solvers. Their optimism and intelligence when facing challenges, sometimes overwhelming ones, is the best investment in our country for leadership. That’s why I like Mitt and wanted him for POTUS.

And as far as Mitt pandering to the social conservatives, I think the empirical evidence has proven Mitt’s instinct to have those folks get to know him was a correct one but alas a futile one.

Key takeaway: Religious bigotry/divisivness causes deaf, dumb and blindness and may be incurable no matter how much money, class or effort is put towards curing it.

sheryl on April 11, 2008 at 12:59 AM

This has got to be inspired by the thinking points of that dem strategist guy lackoff(sp), I think his name is. I happened to see him speak once and his big theory on Conservatives and Republicans is that we all invariably have ‘daddy’ issues and crave an almost s&m level of disipline to deal with our self-hate.

They’ve got it so wrong. But never try to argue with a lib. It’ll get ugly immediately and there will be no rational debate. It’s all about control with them on almost every level. Whole lot of projection going on on that side of the aisle.

I thought it interesting and tellng that he also openly wore the ‘latte liberal’ tag as a badge of honor, even to the point of including it in his opening remarks. The guy reeked with arrogance. The dem crowd ate it up like chocolate. Lemmings.

techno_barbarian on April 11, 2008 at 1:07 AM

Dean thinks a guy who said in 92 he was no Regean Republican. So in 92 right after the Regean years, he hated Regean policy. A guy who was pro-choice until he decided to run for president. I don’t like McCain either but other then Fred there was no good conservative to choose. McCain was the second best choice out there after Fred. I did not like Rudy because he hated Christian right people like me.

BroncosRock on April 11, 2008 at 1:29 AM

For those of us near the front lines of the illegal immigrant invasion, I am sickened that McCain is the only candidate. By the time the primaries made it to Texas it was too late… Mitt wasn’t even on the ticket.

Frankly, I think the current primary process is completely screwed. States far away from me with completely different issues to deal with whittled down the candidate pool before I could ever vote.

Why can’t we have a one day national primary? It would be the same concept as the presidential election. The press couldn’t report on results until after the polls were closed. It just makes sense.

cannonball on April 11, 2008 at 1:37 AM

austinnelly on April 10, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Cold Steel on April 10, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Bravo to both of you!

Branch Rickey on April 11, 2008 at 2:04 AM

Dean is right!

For once.

Roger Waters on April 10, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 11, 2008 at 2:28 AM

The conservative vote was split between Huckabee and Romney. The moderates and independants and cross over affect the republican primary Democrats loved McCain. So we got McCain.

Which is why I’m all for Hillary.

Go Hillary. Hillary in 08. Eight more years of President Clinton, we need her to clean out the mess of the moderate Republicans.

Snake307 on April 11, 2008 at 2:49 AM

Working on it dude, working on it……..

Seven Percent Solution on April 10, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Good man.

As soon as I am seeing two of you I will let you know that you have had enough.

MB4 on April 11, 2008 at 6:17 AM

Johnny Rotten gaffing himself into a Goldwater-esque mauling in November is quite a horrible truth to accept.

SuperCool on April 11, 2008 at 6:32 AM

Since when does anyone take what Howard Dean say’s seriously. This guy couldn’t win a Democratic Nomination, and now he’s a general election expert?

Puleeese…..

Hog Wild on April 11, 2008 at 7:11 AM

When people tell me they just didn’t like Romney, this is the stuff they quote. Nothing of substance. All perception and mostly dictated by the left who feared him most.

peacenprosperity on April 11, 2008 at 7:40 AM

If you vote for Mitt, you’re voting for the guy who believes in life and values — except that he didn’t believe in those things not so long ago.

Some judge people by their actions in the long run and not by what might have been said in a political campaign. To say Romney didn’t believe in life and avalues is just plaiun stupid. His record in office supports the values he espoused and his entire lifes’ history supports his stands. But this is the media generation, ripe for the Ministry of Truth that the fascists will bring us.

peacenprosperity on April 11, 2008 at 7:45 AM

Allahpundit, you become really unhinged when talking about Mitt Romney. You don’t like him, fine. Alot of people did, and they were not all wrong.

Stop it.

BigD on April 11, 2008 at 7:48 AM

If there is an good argument for John McCain to choose Mitt Romney for his VP, this is it.

sinsing on April 11, 2008 at 7:55 AM

Richardson will be VP candidate. Need those hispanic voters………

adamsmith on April 11, 2008 at 7:58 AM

Dean was telling the truth. The Dems spent more time going after Mitt than ANY of the other candidates. Anyone as quick thinking as Mitt would have destroyed either Clinton or Obama in a general.

davenp35 on April 11, 2008 at 9:15 AM

“Dean was telling the truth.”

Dean wouldn’t know the truth if it struck him dead on his concrete skull.

Romney was unelectable, period. As in no chance whatsoever in the general election.

If you don’t like McCain, that’s fine, but don’t pretend Romney would have had a better chance to win because he would have failed miserably. No way a Mormon gets elected President, you think they’re going to savage McCain, the Dems would have a field day every day with Mitt’s religion.

Sad but true.

NoDonkey on April 11, 2008 at 10:08 AM

Who here is drunk this early?

MB4 on April 10, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Early? Why would I even stop these days?

Chuck Schick on April 11, 2008 at 12:19 PM

No way a Mormon gets elected President,

You don’t think very highly of the United States, do you?

When ever I hear an idiot say that a Mormon or a black or a woman cannot be elected president I realize that they are an idiot.

Here’s a little secret, Bush got elected because he appeared more genuine then gore or kerry. Ronald Reagan was elected twice because he was genuine. Clinton was elected the first time because he was a genius at acting genuine. And the second time because the media effectively hid from the public the direction this country was heading economically and in world affairs. The most genuine candidate, no matter what race, gender or religion (with the probable exception of islamic) will win in this media age. That’s why barry is trouncing hillary, that’s why that primary has to go till the very end. Because once the media isn’t taking sides between those two anymore they will start hammering mccain as untrustworthy and barry will do no wrong. We will not find out exactly how corrupt and incompetent he is until it’s too late.

peacenprosperity on April 11, 2008 at 1:26 PM

“So when are you and Nick Mason and Dave Gilmour getting back together again? Or is that just another fictitious sport?”

The fictitious sport reference was impressive.

Never going to happen, imo. Gilmour is a great guitarist, but is a lazy dishonest guy who perpetuated a fraud…and he doesnt want to end the fraud.

Roger Waters on April 11, 2008 at 2:16 PM

In a related story:

Romney is bloggers favorite VP choice, and Huckabee is bloggers least favorite choice

Think_b4_speaking on April 11, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Why would anyone listen to Deanno. Although the choices for a Republican candidate could have been allot better, Romney
was and still is the best of the lot. Intelligent and energetic, a business man. Someone with at least a glimmer of hope to deal with all the crap we will be going through in the coming years. McCain is about as bright and exciting as a bag of rocks. Not a clue as far as economics, energy policy, immigration, fairness doctrine, etc. “Horrible Truth” indeed. Be careful of what you wish for in preferring McCain. WHSIII

whsiii on April 11, 2008 at 3:18 PM