Audio: Opie & Anthony versus Jesse Ventura on 9/11 Truth

posted at 1:44 pm on April 9, 2008 by Allahpundit

Via Jim Treacher. I think all three are set to autoplay and there’s no way to turn them off, so kindly hit the pause button when they start up.

The screencap comes from last night’s appearance on H&C but that was tame by comparison. Skip it and carve out some time for this instead. They take exactly the right approach with this tool, ignoring his half-baked layman’s read on the arcane physical details of the buildings’ collapse and challenging him instead on the massive logical holes in the theory itself. Why the elaborate hijacking/crash/implosion approach that requires a conspiracy of hundreds instead of a quick, clean “loose nukes driven under the building” operation a la 1993? Why no Iraqi hijackers onboard if the whole thing was a pretext to go after Saddam? How did an administration notorious for its incompetence and for leaking like a sieve manage not only to execute this flawlessly but to keep the conspiracy a secret to this day? His answer to each: A sarcastic “No, you’ve convinced me, the government never does anything nefarious.” He’s the reductio ad absurdum of the preening self-styled dissident, as mindlessly confident that the government must be guilty as the mindless patriot is that it could never be guilty. Don’t believe me? Listen to the third segment, where he gets going about the Kennedy assassinations. That’s also the one where he suggests that Saddam was right to invade to Kuwait, so if you can’t spare the time for all three, there’s where you’ll get the most bang for buck.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’m withholding judgment until Jake “The Snake” Roberts examines the evidence.

Damian P. on April 9, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Steroids didn’t make him deaf, but they did strike him dumb.

Ventura is a circus clown.

NoDonkey on April 9, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Sigh…I live in Minnesota and we elected this clown as our Governor! hangs head in shame and walks off mumbling to himself…

sabbott on April 9, 2008 at 1:49 PM

I don’t have time to listen now but I’m suprised at the role reversal. I would have thought it was Jessie talking some sense. What the hell is going on in Minnesota?

Geronimo on April 9, 2008 at 1:52 PM

God Bless Jimmy Norton for standing up to that nefarious gorilla!

Jimmy the Dhimmi on April 9, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Too many hard headslams to the mat and corner posts over the years. He just goes to show that people will elect some real nut jobs if given the opportunity.

Goofy as a crackhouse mouse.

saiga on April 9, 2008 at 1:56 PM

stupid is as stupid does.

Alden Pyle on April 9, 2008 at 1:58 PM

I’ll admit to being an avid O&A listener and Lil’ Jimmy Norton always sticks it to Troofers.

I’m a huge Norton fan. He’s probably way, way too vulgar for most people, but he at least isn’t afraid of being called “Islamaphobic” and actually had a bit about it in his recent HBO special.

SillyRyno on April 9, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Sounds like Jesse is missing the limelight. What better way to get back on the radar than to front a 9/11 conspiracy theory.

TheBigOldDog on April 9, 2008 at 2:01 PM

sabbott on April 9, 2008 at 1:49 PM

What kind of governor was he?

AprilOrit on April 9, 2008 at 2:03 PM

“Ward Churchill?” I hadn’t thought of that. I thought that he should issue an apology to Peter Boyle’s family.
I also think he may bring back the mullet, but his is a bald mullet. I hope he doesn’t replace the eagle on our currency, etc.
Bottom line: Jesse is a certifiable loon, which also plays into the foul reference. In his ‘defense’, at least we didn’t see him flip them the bird.

Christine on April 9, 2008 at 2:03 PM

The mindless body missed the memo. In the future Jesse, when your cold, put on a jacket. It is exponentially easier to do than pulling the Sun closer to the Earth.

awake on April 9, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Is it just me or does he look like Peter Boyle in Young Frankenstein?

Natalie on April 9, 2008 at 2:04 PM

how does a guy like him get elected in the same state that Norm Coleman gets elected on the state wide ballot?

who did this nut support for president? paul, gravel or kucinich? has to be one of them

jp on April 9, 2008 at 2:04 PM

*sigh*

I voted for him :( He made sense while campaigning. Then, once elected, things went a bit off the rail.

askheaves on April 9, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Blane rocked in “Predator”

Ventura stinks in reality

What a cretin

LimeyGeek on April 9, 2008 at 2:06 PM

How could a Navy Seal not know that Robert S McNamara was the Secretary of Defense??

AprilOrit on April 9, 2008 at 2:08 PM

The Truthers listen to anything but the truth. Don’t confuse them with logic damnit. I wish I knew how to link Maddox in here because I would send you to a clip he made about the Titanic “conspiracy” – it contains as much if not more sense and hangs together better than the Truthers’ conspiracy theory.

HawaiiLwyr on April 9, 2008 at 2:08 PM

If you go to the trouble of doing a bit of youtube sleuthing you’ll find that O&A have had several confrontations with truther morons, and guess what? They schooled them every. single. time.

madne0 on April 9, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Proof positive that steroid abuse destroys brain cells.

SuperCool on April 9, 2008 at 2:08 PM

I’m withholding judgment until Jake “The Snake” Roberts examines the evidence.

That made me laugh.

Eh, the only time Jesse gained my respect, really, was when he walked out of the Wellstone memorial service as it denegrated into a political event.

JetBoy on April 9, 2008 at 2:14 PM

I heard this on the radio when I was driving to work yesterday. Had a feeling it would earn a post here at some point.

Jesse Ventura is quite the conspiracy theory guru it seems. My goodness he’s nuts. I swear to God I could walk up to him on the street and punch him square in the face. Right before he turns around to choke the life out of me I would whisper quietly towards him that the government made me do it. That ought to keep him busy for the next 20 years or so.

Loved the line about dissent being the highest form of Patriotism leading into a rant about how unpatriotic he is. That twisted logic just made me laugh. And how could he have no idea what it means to be Patriotic? He seemed to be working from the assumption that patriotism was some kind of blind cheelearder routine for your country. “My country right or wrong” he kept saying. American patriotism actually means to have love and respect for this nations founding principles and a drive to defend those priciples.

I always find myself feeling bad for someone who truly believes that they have all the answers. There is something very sad about that. Its like death in a sense. I just want to put my hand on his shoulder and tell him, “there’s no turning back now Jesse. Own it my friend.”

Zetterson on April 9, 2008 at 2:16 PM

First off,Ventura wasn’t a SEAL, he was UDT.. he ticked off a lot of former SEALS with that exaggeration….. big difference. He was elected Governor at a time when the state was looking for something different from the old Minnesota political landscape of left wing morons and middle of the road RINOs. I was an election judge supervisor at that election, and the first time voters I registered I wouldn’t have shaken hands with …..ugh. THEY voted for Ventura and split the vote so he won with around 36 % of the vote. He was an embarrassment for 4 years.

MNDavenotPC on April 9, 2008 at 2:17 PM

He’s “just asking questions.” Yeah, stupid questions.

Dr. Manhattan on April 9, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Dude! This fool is not troofer Jesse Ventura. It’s Larry Finkelstein (Alan Rachins) from “Dharma and Greg”.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on April 9, 2008 at 2:18 PM

You know “The Body” has hit rock bottom as far as getting a place to express his loopy POV when the only place he can get on right now is the Opie and Anthony Show.

pilamaye on April 9, 2008 at 2:19 PM

“he was UDT”

Underwater demolitions technician?

Dangerous, crazy maybe, but definitely not a SEAL. Thanks for clarifying that.

If he said he was a SEAL and he wasn’t, that makes him a liar too.

NoDonkey on April 9, 2008 at 2:19 PM

It’s bad form for a media player (or three, in this case) to start playing without the consent of the user.

DaveS on April 9, 2008 at 2:21 PM

I hope he doesn’t replace the eagle on our currency, etc.
Christine on April 9, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Hahaa! That is awesome Christine. I’m not sure why but that just made me laugh out loud.

Zetterson on April 9, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Is it just me or does he look like Peter Boyle in Young Frankenstein?

Natalie on April 9, 2008 at 2:04 PM

My first thought exactly Natalie- Dead ringer for Boyle circa “Young Frankenstein”. Strangely, his responses to Jimmy’s questions brought to mind Boyle’s (the Monster’s) rendition of “Puttin’ on the Ritz” for clarity and coherence….

Alamo on April 9, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Opie, Anthony, Jesse…..
An IQ of 1 Rosie between the three of them

Hening on April 9, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Hmmm, he isn’t signing books here in Manhattan, only over in jersey.

AprilOrit on April 9, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Can’t throw rocks at Minnesota, I live in Massachusetts; the proud home of the Obama prototype “Cadillac Deval Patrick“. The Commonwealth is on the brink of total collapse under the skilled leadership of Just Words Patrick, most citizens Hope for Change now that the warm fuzzy of racial healing has worn off and reality has re-entered their liberal craniums.

dmann on April 9, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Well he can’t stay in the news without being nuts. Who is going to pay attention to his views on prime numbers or the life cycle of roundworms? If he plays a bit of Rosie his agent can still afford that lease payment on the BMW.

Limerick on April 9, 2008 at 2:27 PM

They came in from Canada? Didn’t Newt Gingrich have to write an apology letter for making that same claim? (The 19 hijackers)

Sue on April 9, 2008 at 2:28 PM

I’ll wait until Bob and Tom debate Superstar Billy Graham about 911.

I think Gorilla Monsoon dropped Jesse on his head one too many times.

benrand on April 9, 2008 at 2:29 PM

Quite frankly, I am sick of this lame “Why is it that whenever we ask questions we’re attacked?” comment.
If people are acting like idiots, I am going to call them on it, and not just shut up and let them make further jackasses out of themselves!

ToddonCapeCod on April 9, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Hard to side with these guys after their little debacle over Condi.

However, I lost the tiny iota of respect I had for Ventura years ago. Every time he is disputed on a point, he changes to another one without acknowledging it. Often, when challenged, he comes up with the logic “I’m right, there is no argument”. And it took what…seven minutes for him to claim he was being attacked?

He was almost completely belligerent. Even more flabbergasting is that he claims so many others knew more about engineering than he does, yet he more than once backs up his claims with essentially “Because I KNOW!”

MadisonConservative on April 9, 2008 at 2:33 PM

That bald head is perfect for molding tin foil. What a moron! I had no idea this guy was a liberal.

orlandocajun on April 9, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Jesse, you’ve convinced me, you are a complete moron!

I just loved when they asked him questions he couldn’t answer, he fell to “You weren’t in the military, not a Seal, so you don’t know what you’re talking about”. What an ass.

Torch on April 9, 2008 at 2:34 PM

I actually saw him on Hannity and Colmes last night. Phil Donohue was also on in another segment.
Both used the same tactic- rather than answering questions, they started talking about how people try to shut them up. Ventura goes into that on this Amos and Andy clip, too.

Here they are on a national forum, given a chance to say whatever they choose, and they spend the time complaining that people just want to hush them up. Hilarious.

MayBee on April 9, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Glenn Beck said yesterday that he had a run in with the ole “Sexual Tyrannosaurus” the other day at CNN. He said at first he thought it was Peter Boyle and then realized it was Jesse “the (ain’t got no) Mind”. Seeing that screen cap, I can see that Glenn was right! He does look like the late Peter Boyle (appologize to the Boyle family).

srhoades on April 9, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Something tells he might be BFF with the Algore with respect to global climate change.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on April 9, 2008 at 2:38 PM

This is the Maddox video you were looking for

Typhonsentra on April 9, 2008 at 2:38 PM

How do we know that Jesse didn’t pilot one of the planes on 9-11? I’m just asking questions!

VolMagic on April 9, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Maybe it’s wrong, to base my opinion on looks, but Jesse doesn’t look like he has an engineering degree.

However, he is starting to look like Peter Boyle.

Young Frankenstein 2, anybody?

OhEssYouCowboys on April 9, 2008 at 2:41 PM

He must be right! Willie Nelson even said so…

RMCS_USN on April 9, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Love O&A.

My favorite was when Anthony was talking about that abysmal Freedom Tower (paraphrasing here):

“No one wants that stupid Freedom Tower. Just rebuild the Twin Towers back to the way they were and make them stronger. That’s what everyone wants.”

REBUILD THE TWIN TOWERS!

kcluva on April 9, 2008 at 2:42 PM

This guy was a Navy SEAL??

lexhamfox on April 9, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Truthers want you to believe they know somthing you dont.

TroubledMonkey on April 9, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Has anyone asked him why the State of Minnesota jailed Paul Bunyan and euthanized Blue? Huh? Come on Jessie….tell the truth.

Limerick on April 9, 2008 at 2:46 PM

MNDavenotPC on April 9, 2008 at 2:17 PM

“he was UDT”

Underwater demolitions technician?

Dangerous, crazy maybe, but definitely not a SEAL. Thanks for clarifying that.

If he said he was a SEAL and he wasn’t, that makes him a liar too.

NoDonkey on April 9, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Holdup boys, not exactly.

From September 11, 1969 to September 10, 1975 he served in the United States Navy as a Navy UDT and was on active duty January 5, 1970 through December 10, 1973 during the Vietnam era. Ventura served with Underwater Demolition Team 12 during his time on active duty. He later served reserve service as a member of SEAL Team ONE. According to the United States Naval Special Warfare Command policy, Ventura is entitled to use the title “SEAL”, due to both his service in the UDT and SEAL teams, and his successful graduation from UDT-R (now BUD/S) training. He was awarded the National Defense Ribbon and the Vietnam Service Ribbon but was not in combat to qualify for the Combat Action Ribbon. In his autobiography, Ventura described SEAL training as the toughest experience of his life. “It’s worse than anything you can imagine,” he wrote, “You have to want it bad, very bad.” Ventura always mentioned how much he respected his SEAL instructor Master Chief Petty Officer Terry “Mother” Moy. He asked Moy to stand by his side when he was sworn in as governor. He ended his inaugural address with the SEAL war cry “HOOYAH!”

AprilOrit on April 9, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Jesse also appeared on a local show here in Dallas where he revealed that he lives deep in Baja California. Something tells me the Mezcal and loco weed have taken up where the steroids left off. I tuned out just as he was going into a rant about Bush that the local guys started.

Kafir on April 9, 2008 at 2:56 PM

“Ventura is entitled to use the title “SEAL”, due to both his service in the UDT and SEAL teams, and his successful graduation from UDT-R (now BUD/S) training.”

I saw this too in Wiki. The question is, did he get the pin?

“He was awarded the National Defense Ribbon and the Vietnam Service Ribbon”

These are both, “I was alive and breathing” ribbons, neither of them are any great honor, the former just means you were in the military during a time of war and the other just means he was in Vietnam during the Vietnam war. Al Gore received that one, to show how much that one means.

NoDonkey on April 9, 2008 at 3:00 PM

April, I stand by what I said.

MNDavenotPC on April 9, 2008 at 3:00 PM

The SEALS here in MN still turn their backs to him.

MNDavenotPC on April 9, 2008 at 3:02 PM

The question with Jesse is if he’s coming at this looney story from the same direction as Rosie O’Donnell — Ventura proved here he’s Rosie’s soulmate in the “Fire never melted steel” category — but Jesse also could have earned his Twoofer badge from the libertarian side, since there were a number of Ron Paul’s fanatics who were hanging around in this neighborhood during the GOP primary season.

(Also, Jesse didn’t do his homework very well since O&A and Jimmy took apart Korey Rowe three years ago when the “Loose Change” mastermind went on their show to spout his 9/11 conspiracy theories.)

jon1979 on April 9, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Jesse was also a professional wrestler. You really can’t get any closer to beta-male-enabled soap operas than that.

Maybe his life is now imitating his art?

Anyway, I fail to see how Jesse Ventura playing Rosie O’Donnell is any help to the Twoofer Sect of humanity. I mean, would Rosie O’ in pink spandex pretending to body slam a 3-year old get me to take the WWF seriously?

Don’t answer that.

jrl on April 9, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Sirhan Sirhan, freedom loving “Palestinian” activist framed by the Joooz who had to have RFK killed because he was a champion for the poor?

funky chicken on April 9, 2008 at 3:04 PM

“April, I stand by what I said.”

“After ex-Navy SEAL officer Bill Salisbury challenged Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura’s SEAL credentials in a December 2nd cover story in the San Diego Reader, available online at http://www.cursor.org/, the Governor’s office confirmed that Ventura had been a member of an Underwater Demolition Team (UDT), and not an elite Navy SEAL. But, they argued that because the two entities merged under the SEAL banner in 1983, UDT’s can now refer to themselves as SEALs, even though in Ventura’s case, his active military service ended ten years before the merger occurred.”

I think he’s on pretty thin ice referring to himself as a SEAL, he should pull back on that, but that horse left the barn a long time ago.

NoDonkey on April 9, 2008 at 3:07 PM

Well… he IS from Minnesota, right? That should tell us something.

Gartrip on April 9, 2008 at 3:11 PM

You’re right MNDavenotPC.

Ventura’s claim of being a SEAL is really specious. What he accomplished in becoming a UDT was very admirable, however embellishing it was wrong.

It’s clear that he never wore the SEAL Pin in uniform, so he should not claim that he was a SEAL.

NoDonkey on April 9, 2008 at 3:12 PM

I have it on good authority that Jesse doesn’t have time to bleed.

Mibrilane on April 9, 2008 at 3:14 PM

*plink – plink – plinkity – plink*

The sound of his li’l pea-brain, ping-pongin’ around inside his skull.

franksalterego on April 9, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Sue on April 9, 2008 at 2:28 PM

I was told by a local that at least three came in on The Cat (ferry) into Bar Harbor, Maine from Yarmouth, NS. They wound up at a cell phone store in Bangor near the mall, where they would not sell them phones. One of them flashed a wad of cash and told them that they would pay whatever it takes. They were refused cell phones, and they were not allowed to take off from Bangor International Airport. They rented a car at the airport, drove to MA, and took off from Boston instead.

I never read any of this reported, but two folks (one that worked for the cell phone store) told me this story a couple of weeks later.

Hening on April 9, 2008 at 3:15 PM

“He was awarded the National Defense Ribbon and the Vietnam Service Ribbon”

NoDonkey

Here’s the thing, though: He went through, and passed “UDT-R (now BUD/S) training.” That puts him quite a ways above someone like me, a civilian. That is, I don’t doubt for a minute that he had to have, or anyone has to have an unbreakable commitment to pass that training. It’s something I couldn’t do – that makes him “better” than me. In other words, contrary to what you’re saying, those “‘I was alive and breathing’ ribbons” do mean something to us outside the military.

That doesn’t mean he’s incapable of being an a**hat – as you noted, Kerry proves that point. It just means those of us outside the military, who respect the military, see that and immediately take note of it. Although, yet again, as MNDavenotPC’s comment would seem to suggest in this context, there is a disconnect between military and civilians.

jrl on April 9, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Alright, Boyle fans: Dressed Up Like A Million Dollar Troofer

Cuffy Meigs on April 9, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Is it just me or does he look like Peter Boyle in Young Frankenstein?

Yeah, before they put in the brain.

Jim Norton is brilliant.

Jim Treacher on April 9, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Castro wouldn’t lie ?

Sasnak on April 9, 2008 at 3:23 PM

I think Ventura has taken too many kicks to the head and too many steroid injections. Since when is Ventura a military/security expert. I can’t believe Opie & Anthony are the voices of reason.

Hilts on April 9, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Linger longer!

Spanglemaker on April 9, 2008 at 3:28 PM

i love O&A and lil Jimmy Norton….he DESPISES truthers and always abuses them.

irish_infidel on April 9, 2008 at 3:28 PM

That’s what I tried to tell people who were convinced O&A were left-wing psychopaths because they brought a homeless guy into the studio who started babbling about Condi Rice. (Have a nice day, Andrew.) As noted, they eviscerated Kory Rowe.

Jim Treacher on April 9, 2008 at 3:30 PM

“those “‘I was alive and breathing’ ribbons” do mean something to us outside the military.”

Those ribbons are awarded to everyone in the military, from postal clerks to mess cooks, they have nothing to do with his UDT training.

I have the National Defense Ribbon with two awards, and five different awards from the first Gulf War (Saudi Service Medal, Kuwait Liberation Medal, Southwest Asia Service Ribbon with two awards) and maybe a few others.

I worked in a field hospital and saw no combat. They mean something to me, but combat ribbons are in another realm entirely.

Ventura doesn’t have any either, which should be clear. There is a huge, huge difference.

NoDonkey on April 9, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Jim Norton

FTW!

mattshu on April 9, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Steroids and a big ego are a sad combination. Pathetic. Why give this jackass any exposure.

Travis Bickle on April 9, 2008 at 3:38 PM

NoDonkey

It’s the uniform, with awards. I doubt most would recognize what those ribbons stand for. Sad, yes. But…eh.

jrl on April 9, 2008 at 3:41 PM

“I was a NAVY SEAL” BFD!!!!!!!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on April 9, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Edit to my previous comment to NoDonkey…

And that’s exactly the disconnect I was referring to. What might mean something to us may mean little to nothing to you. I have no idea how to bridge that gap, but the John Kerrys and Jesse Venturas of the world make that disconnect a dangerous one.

jrl on April 9, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Sharp as a marble this guy. It’s funny because you can tell he studied this stuff hardcore, he must have seen Loose Change like 80 times. All of his arguments could have been bitch slapped down by anyone who knows about the subject, would have been nice to hear :)

Dash on April 9, 2008 at 3:52 PM

jrl,

To mean, the only awards that really mean something are the purple heart and above and combat awards.

It would actually be better if less ribbons were awarded. The Marines award the fewest because they really want a medal or ribbon on a uniform to mean something. Medal/ribbon proliferation is really becoming a problem, some of us are starting to look like Russian Generals.

NoDonkey on April 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM

The dude is lookin’ a lot like Hermann Munster these days. Why is it when you are an ignorant fool everyone looks at you like you’re an ignorant fool?

Griz on April 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Morons all around

RobCon on April 9, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Lending credence to Truther garbage not only makes Ventura look like an idiot, his incessantly calling attention to his military background while spouting it dishonors SEALs and the armed services in general. The man is an absolute disgrace.

Blacklake on April 9, 2008 at 4:33 PM

SillyRyno on April 9, 2008 at 1:58 PM

I

Vyce on April 9, 2008 at 4:37 PM

I love Yimmy!

Voted the boy with the sweetest smile!

Seriously, hardcore O&A fan here. 99.99% of the Hotair crowd here would hate them (considering all of those social conservative values held dear are usually cast to the wayside by them, even occasionally mocked), but they’ve always been solid in their absolute disgust for Truthers. They’ve clashed with them on the show at least twice before, once with Anthony absolutely DESTROYING a group of Truthers on the streets of NYC by wonderfully dissecting their argument and exposing it for the fairy tale that it is.

The other time was even greater – they actually had Loose Change’s Korey Rowe on their show, and proceeded to mock him viciously in ways that made me howl with laughter. It was probably the reference that “Steve from Yellowstone” made about Mohammad Atta flying a plane into Korey’s mother’s…….well, I can’t print that word here.

Vyce on April 9, 2008 at 4:37 PM

What I don’t get about truthers is how they could deny reality so vehemently with no proof of their claims. Of course a lot people who take turns bashing the truthers are religious so I can at least get a laugh out of that.

LevStrauss on April 9, 2008 at 4:40 PM

NoDonkey

I’m generally lucky though. I have several family members (mostly in-laws now) who will suffer my ignorance to point out what means what.

jrl on April 9, 2008 at 5:07 PM

I’m withholding judgment until Jake “The Snake” Roberts examines the evidence.

Damian P. on April 9, 2008 at 1:46 PM

LOL

Theworldisnotenough on April 9, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Jake “The Snake” Roberts has hit rock-bottom and I have a feeling if I asked him if 9/11 was a government conspiracy he’d just laugh…then ask for drugs.

DeathtotheSwiss on April 9, 2008 at 5:16 PM

“Eh. I’m not going to touch an argument about who deserves a medal and who doesn’t. With that, I can only go by what I read – I’m not even sure how, exactly, they’re awarded. I’m guessing it’s a mix between merit and politics (not D’s and R’s).”

Nothing nefarious, there are just too many “I was there” medals that have nothing to do with performance. They’re just awards for basically, being there.

Which is confusing for civilians. A guy with combat action and a purple heart could stand next to me and because I have five rows of ribbons, I look like a military hero compared to him.

Whereas military personnel would know instantly that the guy with purple heart and combat ribbons has really done something.

The “I was there” ribbons and medals proliferated during the long peacetime.

NoDonkey on April 9, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Will someone who knows anything about this please shut this idiot up! These are the same old things that can and have all been answered with 5 minutes on the internet and he keep spewing this crap.

And to answer his question, why are people attacked for asking — well, he asked the same thing last night on Hannity and Colmes then when agreed that THEY weren’t doing that, now Opie and Anthony, well THEY aren’t doing that — well then who the hell is attacking him.

This guy is an idiot and I can’t imagine the mess he must have left Minnesota.
DKK

LifeTrek on April 9, 2008 at 5:29 PM

NoDonkey

I think we’re saying the same basic thing. heh.

jrl on April 9, 2008 at 5:30 PM

Will someone who knows anything about this please shut this idiot up!

LifeTrek

Popular Mechanics tried doing that. They were dismissed by the loonies as attacking the “questioners.”

jrl on April 9, 2008 at 5:32 PM

O&A rule. This was utterly hilarious on the radio yesterday.

muyoso on April 9, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Opie and Anthony might not be for everyone, but they are very very funny and when they do get serious on issues like 9-11, and Free Speech, they provide perspective that is 100% honest and unfiltered. Sean Hannity has been on a number of times to discuss issues with them. Sean has even borrowed Comic Patrice O’Neil from O and A to have on his show to discuss race and Imus, and Patrice was absolutely amazing. Youtube any of the Patrice Hannity and Colmes.

As for Jesse and Little Jimmy, this was an amazing piece of audio and an amazing piece of radio. I used to respect Jesse once upon a time but he came off no better than any of the other 9-11 Conspiracy idiots. Thank goodness that Jimmy, Anthony, and Opie, but mostly Jimmy did not give into Jesse’s celebrity or laugh off this stupid 9-11 set up crap. Especially Jimmy and Anthony, who have done the same with the moron who did the loose change crap, did not let Jesse get away with this garbage.

O and A Party Rock!

arizonateacher on April 9, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Jesse I Ain’t Got Time To Thimk Ventura

Stephen M on April 9, 2008 at 6:37 PM

I don’t want to live in East Berlin.”

Jesse Cuckoo Clock Ventura, twitterng merrily, in slowly descending spirals, wants open borders before his brain goes completely down the drain.

profitsbeard on April 9, 2008 at 6:42 PM