Audio: Opie & Anthony versus Jesse Ventura on 9/11 Truth

posted at 1:44 pm on April 9, 2008 by Allahpundit

Via Jim Treacher. I think all three are set to autoplay and there’s no way to turn them off, so kindly hit the pause button when they start up.

The screencap comes from last night’s appearance on H&C but that was tame by comparison. Skip it and carve out some time for this instead. They take exactly the right approach with this tool, ignoring his half-baked layman’s read on the arcane physical details of the buildings’ collapse and challenging him instead on the massive logical holes in the theory itself. Why the elaborate hijacking/crash/implosion approach that requires a conspiracy of hundreds instead of a quick, clean “loose nukes driven under the building” operation a la 1993? Why no Iraqi hijackers onboard if the whole thing was a pretext to go after Saddam? How did an administration notorious for its incompetence and for leaking like a sieve manage not only to execute this flawlessly but to keep the conspiracy a secret to this day? His answer to each: A sarcastic “No, you’ve convinced me, the government never does anything nefarious.” He’s the reductio ad absurdum of the preening self-styled dissident, as mindlessly confident that the government must be guilty as the mindless patriot is that it could never be guilty. Don’t believe me? Listen to the third segment, where he gets going about the Kennedy assassinations. That’s also the one where he suggests that Saddam was right to invade to Kuwait, so if you can’t spare the time for all three, there’s where you’ll get the most bang for buck.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

(Even his moustache was too embarrassed to appear with him.)

profitsbeard on April 9, 2008 at 6:46 PM

April, I stand by what I said.

MNDavenotPC on April 9, 2008 at 3:00 PM

Ok, some proof?

AprilOrit on April 9, 2008 at 6:53 PM

I’m so embarassed to be a Minnesotan. I actually voted for this tool. I promise to never be fooled again.

Slippery on April 9, 2008 at 7:37 PM

@ Slippery on April 9, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Just remember the old saying

“Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.” – President Bush.

muyoso on April 9, 2008 at 7:56 PM

First off,Ventura wasn’t a SEAL, he was UDT.. he ticked off a lot of former SEALS with that exaggeration….. big difference.

MNDavenotPC on April 9, 2008 at 2:17 PM

I’m no Ventura fan, but I’ll cut him some slack on this one since the original two Seal teams were formed by President Kennedy from UDTs. Eventually, all UDTs were redesignated as Seal teams. If he he had still been in the service at the time of redisignation he would have officially been a Seal. Unless you were on one of the original two Seal teams this distinction doesn’t seem all that important, especially considering some of the whoppers he likes to tell.

However, as much as I disliked “the mind” as Governor, I will give him credit for keeping his promise to return the State’s budget surplus to the tax payers.

Trainwreck on April 9, 2008 at 8:32 PM

AprilOrit on April 9, 2008 at 6:53 PM

My post at 3:07PM says it all

MNDavenotPC on April 9, 2008 at 8:41 PM

Thank God I didn’t have to vote for him,Totally uneducated,
seduced by the troofers,what a loon.
Opie and Anthony however,really nailed it,I heard about these guys but never listened (L.A.)Good job,
Bob

Bobnormal on April 9, 2008 at 9:09 PM

He’s a psycho!

peacenprosperity on April 9, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Crimeny. I could answer that dork’s question about our “billion dollar air defense system” here, but I feel like I’d just be talking to a wall.

Allah, could I do a guest blog?

– SSgt, USMC-R

Mazztek on April 9, 2008 at 9:54 PM

Jim Norton has secured his place as one of the greatest guys on the radio, thanks to this and his days on Red Eye.

When Ventura tried to take a time out I nearly hit the floor laughing infront of my Co-Workers, he assumed he would be able to shut up this crew of guys by saying “Time out”? Has he also taken up the legalize crack campaign? since he must be a big user.

Ventura tries to Obama the hell out of these people, if you question Obama your a racist, and you can’t question Ventura or say he’s wrong since he was a marine.

I was waiting for this to break down into a fight seeing that Ventura was backed into a corner and couldn’t debate someone who tells knock knock jokes for a living.

Speaking of Red Eye, Ventura should debate TV’s Andy Levy on the subject, Andy was in the Army so Ventura shouldn’t be allowed to question him either then.

Rbastid on April 9, 2008 at 11:35 PM

I think he bumped his head a few to many times.

xplodeit on April 10, 2008 at 12:15 AM

Damn, Jesse.

Watching Predator just won’t be anywhere near as much fun anymore..

Reaps on April 10, 2008 at 1:22 AM

I don’t know that I’ve ever heard so much ignorant crap in my life. When he tells them to (and I’m paraphrasing here) “check out the physics” after saying it was suspicious that the buildings fell at the rate of gravity–as if that were some sort of anomaly–I about died laughing.

That this man was the Governor of a state is baffling. That he supposedly taught at Harvard, maybe not so much.

Sean M. on April 10, 2008 at 3:42 AM

The Hulk Hogan pseudo-Mullet’s got to go, too

Reaps on April 10, 2008 at 7:02 AM

I’m so sick of this crap. Why are we hearing garbage like this Truther stuff still today? I’m beginning to believe those Body Slams and Pile Drivers he took while in the WWF has finally begun to show their cumulative effect. Melted steel I-beams, Jessie? I’d like to introduce you to Ms. O’Donnell. Nut Case…Screwball. Screwball…Nut Case.

DakRoland on April 10, 2008 at 8:19 AM

Jesse was saying to Jim Norton, Opie & Anthony (paraphrasing here). Jesse:Do you read books? Jesse: So how many books have you read over the winter. Jim saying none, yet Jesse says he read sixteen (16) books over the winter. However, Jesse did not let the guys know what books he read. Just the way he was talking, I could picture some of the sixteen books he read. Here we go stay with me the books IMHO are The Cat in the Hat, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, Dr. Seuss’s ABC, Morton Hears a Who, I can draw it Myself and his favorite read of all winter Green Eggs and Ham. These IMHO are some of the books Jesse V. has read over the winter.

USMCDevilDog on April 10, 2008 at 7:58 PM