Quote of the day

posted at 11:02 pm on April 8, 2008 by Allahpundit

Edited for brevity.

Link: sevenload.com

Comments

Yes, I heard it. Bravo to Sen. Lieberman for speaking the truth, loudly and clearly.

MrLynn on April 8, 2008 at 11:06 PM

When it comes to this war, he’s been on the right side.

Vincenzo on April 8, 2008 at 11:06 PM

He deserves a lot of respect.

AbaddonsReign on April 8, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Lieberman is very good man. I’m proud of his stand on the war and true support for our troops.

Richard Romano on April 8, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Can you believe this man ran with Gore? I have the utmost respect for Sen. Lieberman.

Claypigeon on April 8, 2008 at 11:14 PM

One of the very few issues he’s right on, credit where credit is due.

Tony737 on April 8, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Lieberman is more republican than many people with the “R” after their name. imho

HawaiiLwyr on April 8, 2008 at 11:15 PM

I respect him immensely and think he is what all politicians should be…

CCRWM on April 8, 2008 at 11:15 PM

It’s amazing how differently the lives of the two men on Democrats’ 2000 presidential ticket have turned out.

baldilocks on April 8, 2008 at 11:16 PM

LUV IT.

BUT HOW CAN A GUY WHO IS SO RIGHT ON THE WAR BE SO WRONG ON AGW!?

(LIKE MCCAIN!)

reliapundit on April 8, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Joe Lieberman is a better choice for the GOP than McCain. To bad we can’t dump the loser who won the nomination.

highhopes on April 8, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Amongst politicians, he’s the last of his kind – honest and deserving of respect.

c3ichief on April 8, 2008 at 11:23 PM

You’ve got to hand it to Lieberman for facing things honestly like this, and for dropping the Dems to become independent. Maybe the GOP will get him yet.

Rosmerta on April 8, 2008 at 11:25 PM

What’s “not gonna happen in the near future”?

Bringing the troops home?

Or

An agreement on the Facts?

Or

Both?

I think it’s both.

Let it be clear, the troops will remain in Iraq. America will be forced to stay.

There will never be an agreement on the facts because there is division among those politicians under pressure who want a withdraw and others who see defeat in a retreat.

Interest groups play a major role on the Left.

Let’s face it:

Iraq became a mess, not just there, but here at home.

There will be suicide bombing, many civilians will continue to be killed and there will be attacks on U.S. troops.

Al-Qaeda in Iraq will never stop attacking until they establish their “Islamic Iraq State.”

Let’s face, we are there for the very, very long haul.

One thing the U.S. should never do: Retreat.

Even if we have to stay there for 100 years, so be it.

We opened a can of worms, we can’t just leave it and go home.

So all the blah blah blah you are going to hear for days and years to come about leaving Iraq is a bunch of bull.

We’re staying for generations, whether we like it or not.

Indy Conservative on April 8, 2008 at 11:26 PM

baldilocks on April 8, 2008 at 11:16 PM

terryannonline on April 8, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Technically an Independent, but Lieberman is a true good Democrat, one where the Right can agree with him on the Fundamentals and Obviousnesses but will disagree where the Left and Right have no option but to disagree. However, Lieberman disagrees without being disagreeable.

Unfortunately, this is why he’s technically an Independent and not a Democrat Senator. If a non-Republican had to be President, I’d accept Lieberman. He’s certainly better than the non-Republican McCain.

hadsil on April 8, 2008 at 11:27 PM

highhopes on April 8, 2008 at 11:19 PM

I can only hope he is asked to join the winning side this time.

If Gore was denied the presidency, Lieberman was denied VP.

TroubledMonkey on April 8, 2008 at 11:27 PM

baldilocks on April 8, 2008 at 11:16 PM

One is a Mensch, the other is a bufoonish, haughty, hypocritical figure from a Kasperltheater (puppet theater).

Entelechy on April 8, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Way to go Joe! >:}

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 11:37 PM

I respect Lieberman. It’s impossible not to.

Because I respect him I scrutinize what he says much more than someone who disgusts me, such as Hillary or Barrack.

Joe is looking tired. I know that he is looking tired because of the tremendous amount of effort that he puts into trying to communicate the truth.

I salute you Joe, and I send you my thanks. You are a patriot, there is no higher honor.

winemkr on April 8, 2008 at 11:38 PM

“I think Dennis Prager today put in perspective Al Gore’s global warming hysteria. – terryannonline on April 8, 2008 at 11:27 PM”

Thank you for that……… Unfortunately, I still have tears in my eyes for Michael Monsoor

Seven Percent Solution on April 8, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Well said Sen. Lieberman.

Thanks for having the guts to say it out loud and on the record.

Yakko77 on April 8, 2008 at 11:39 PM

If leadership knew what the enemy is, it would not require a long time or spill more blood than is acceptable for the reward in suppressing/extinguishing the ideology of Islam. In fact it would free a sixth of mankind from fear and slavery to the most caustic and persistently evil group parasitism in mankinds journey on this planet.

And freeing them means saving us.

Expel

Quarantine

Suppress

BL@KBIRD on April 8, 2008 at 11:40 PM

THE LIEB!!!

Dr. Manhattan on April 8, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Senator Lieberman is the last of the Scoop Jackson Democrats. When the Democrats, once again, take national security seriously, I’ll take them seriously.

MCPO Airdale on April 8, 2008 at 11:43 PM

You go Joe!

Once upon a time in America…

Limerick on April 8, 2008 at 11:47 PM

“National security,” MCPO?

Sadr and his militia are no threat to America.

His crime seems to be that he’s just not corrupt enough to be another Shah.

alphie on April 8, 2008 at 11:53 PM

Gutsy words, especially when even many Republicans are talking down on the war.

Shalom, Joe.

MadisonConservative on April 8, 2008 at 11:55 PM

In my opinion, Iraq proved one thing, and only one:

America failed to study her enemies.

In other words:

The Intelligence Community did not do its job.

I don’t know what they are doing in the Intelligence briefing rooms, but if I was in charge, I would have fired a lot of people, instead of giving them medals of honor.

I would have started a REAL Intelligence Community with many spies on the ground, speaking Arabic, Pashtu and Farsi who can get results, not a current farce with billions of your Dollars wasted on it.

I would have started a REAL Intelligence Community long time ago, starting from the 80′s at least.

It is called “intelligence” not idiocy.

One more thing, I would have -not only fired- but put on trial many of those “Intelligence” top bureaucrats who failed to do their job and subsequently cause not only September 11, 2001 but all the other attacks before it.

Let it be clear, America’s failure was and still is an Intelligence failure.

Indy Conservative on April 8, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Remember when he came back from Iraq and simply reported what he personally saw and the press and the dems went on bashing him for it, saying he’s turned on his party.

For telling what he saw with his own two eyes.

He betrayed his party… by not LYING to make Iraq look worse than it is.

Think about that.

ZRyan on April 8, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Entelechy on April 8, 2008 at 11:30 PM

I know which figure – he’s gotten super rich by fleecing his Kasperl sheeple. Al is the Kasperlmeister.

MB4 on April 9, 2008 at 12:03 AM

Carries his balls in a wheelbarrow…Good on ya Joe!

Nozzle on April 9, 2008 at 12:04 AM

I would be content for Senator Lieberman to be a VP for McCain. I met him and he was such an intellect and humorous man. He has so much respect for the soldiers and the great efforts of the U.S. in Iraq, unlike the idiot democrats. This man is admirable.

jencab on April 9, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Let it be clear, America’s failure was and still is an Intelligence failure.

Indy Conservative on April 8, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Agreed, but the huge Clinton role in that is ignored by most all.

Entelechy on April 9, 2008 at 12:04 AM

“Hear no progress in Irag”
“See no progress in Irag”
“Speak of no progress in Irag”

“I don’t distrust those facts”

The Liberal Party threw Lieberman under the bus!

Heres what I find really profound,and interesting!

Lieberman speaks of the Liberal Party’s state of mind right
now,in a few posts I’ve tried to hammer that point!

The liberal Party in this election,on the War in Irag
don’t want to hear,speak and see anything of good thats
coming out of Irag!

They have more important things to do,like winning the
White House to get back their power,and right the wrongs
of the Republicans!(I don’t believe that crap)

Lieberman is on target,Obama has way to much crap around
him to be Commander-in-Chief,and the same thing is happening
again,doesn’t matter about Rev.Wright or anything else!

Like Irag,Obama is their great HOPE,doesn’t matter what
Obama say’s or does!

The liberal Party doesn’t want to see,hear or speak
of anything about Obama,they have drank the Koolaid
and that’s that,period!

canopfor on April 9, 2008 at 12:05 AM

MB4, great job. I should have thought about that. Indeed. that’s the one!

Entelechy on April 9, 2008 at 12:05 AM

baldilocks on April 8, 2008 at 11:16 PM

I second that.

Johan Klaus on April 9, 2008 at 12:07 AM

He looks like George Washington, and he sometimes acts like him too. Thank you Senator Lieberman for putting principle ahead of popularity.

SoulGlo on April 9, 2008 at 12:11 AM

terryannonline on April 8, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Here are some news items from just this past week:

In Tibet, according to an Associated Press report, “police opened fire on hundreds of Buddhist monks and lay people who had marched on local government offices to demand the release of two monks detained for possessing photographs of the Dalai Lama, Tibet’s exiled Buddhist leader.” At least eight died.

…These are only the news items of the last seven days. I purposely chose a period without dramatic headlines.

Wow. I’ve never actually seen a summary like that. All that stuff happened in just ONE WEEK. To see it all listed in one place is downright astounding.

And what kind of press coverage are any of those events going to get in the liberal media?

logis on April 9, 2008 at 12:13 AM

A man of integrity. Why can’t he be right on all the other issues? We could really use guys like him.

29Victor on April 9, 2008 at 12:15 AM

No wonder he is an “ex” Democrat, he wants FACTS.

Montana on April 9, 2008 at 12:31 AM

highhopes on April 8, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Joe Lieberman is a better choice for the GOP than McCain.

Don’t be an idiot.

DaveS on April 9, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Just move over to the Republicans, Lieberman! I want to see Reid’s gray little head explode.

SouthernGent on April 9, 2008 at 12:59 AM

Lieberman defines the term “loyal opposition”.

I’ll slug it out with the Senator and give him a black eye on many issues that we disagree on, but at the end of the day I’ve got his back and he’s got mine on international matters.

Whatever happened to libs like Joe?

mylegsareswollen on April 9, 2008 at 3:28 AM

i am a huge fan of joe’s. as a matter of fact, i consider myself a “lieberman democrat”; in other words, i ain’t one anymore! i can’t stomach what the party has become.

the fact that joe disassociated himself with them says as much about them as it does about him.

homesickamerican on April 9, 2008 at 6:09 AM

To earn my respect, Lieberman will have to speak much more honestly about what his fellow Democrats have become – enemy sympathizing, anti-American socialists. Someone in Washington needs to say this loud and clear, no more attributing “good intentions” to the leftist Big Lie worldview. Tammy Bruce does a great job of this, but we need to hear it from Democrats in power.

On the other hand, the fact that Lieberman remains in that cesspool of a party says a lot about the actual range of his courage and insight, no matter where he stands on Iraq.

Halley on April 9, 2008 at 6:53 AM

I honestly wish there were more Senators like Joe Lieberman, who finally wake up and see what is right.

pilamaye on April 9, 2008 at 7:12 AM

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

What a concept for a Democrat senator!

silverfox on April 9, 2008 at 7:22 AM

Halley on April 9, 2008 at 6:53 AM

Actually, I think it says he understands that he represents Connecticut.

Kafir on April 9, 2008 at 7:36 AM

Hear no progress in Iraq”
“See no progress in Iraq”
“Speak of no progress in Iraq”

The Senator just referred to his Dem colleagues as monkeys! That is a crime in Carpentersville, Ill. Racist! What will Obama think of that? /s

wepeople on April 9, 2008 at 8:16 AM

Let it be clear, America’s failure was and still is an Intelligence failure.

Indy Conservative on April 8, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Agreed, but the huge Clinton role in that is ignored by most all.

Entelechy on April 9, 2008 at 12:04 AM

You can break it down to who is responsible if you want.

But in general America’s Intelligence Community became a useless burden on the tax payers.

I don’t know any other U.S. government agency that is responsible for killing innocent Americans.

Indy Conservative on April 9, 2008 at 8:44 AM

MCPO Airdale on April 8, 2008 at 11:43 PM

I contend that Hillary made a huge mistake by not running to the Right.

That being said, as a former Democrat, as much as I admire Lieberman, he’s still a tax and spend Democrat and there’s no going back for me.

Buy Danish on April 9, 2008 at 8:51 AM

Let’s get Lieberman on the conservative side and in return give the liberals Hagel, Lugar and Spector. So long chumps.

Travis1 on April 9, 2008 at 9:09 AM

This man still meets in caucus with the DEMS. Yesterday on one talk show the host asked when he would start to caucus with the Republicans? his answer was basically “we’ll see”. It may be closer than you think.

pueblo1032 on April 9, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Travis1 on April 9, 2008 at 9:09 AM

They can also have Susan Collins….

Travis1 on April 9, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Joe would love to be Maverick’s choice for VP. He’d also settle for a cabinet position should McCain become President.

CliffHanger on April 9, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Lieberman is as liberal as they come on every other issue. The fact that the left considers him a traitor shows how small their clown tent is. I’ve actually had liberals tell me Lieberman was really a republican! I guess they would call him a DINO.

kongzilla on April 9, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Lieberman is your next VP candidate. Been saying it for months. Graham is Atty Gen or Sec Def.

UncleZeb on April 9, 2008 at 12:34 PM