Civilization ends: Teens beat girl brutally and film it — to post on YouTube

posted at 7:33 pm on April 8, 2008 by Allahpundit

Via STACLU, I’m embedding the clip reluctantly since I goofed on O’Reilly last week for tut-tutting the sordid side of the Internet while happily airing the footage he claims to object to, and I don’t want to commit the same sin. The written reports simply don’t do this justice, though; you have to see it to disbelieve it. Evidently it was some sort of revenge attack exacted for gossiping about the suspects on MySpace. The toll? A concussion and damage to the girl’s left eye and ear, out of which she currently can’t hear. Each of the eight — eight — suspects are facing two felonies and three of them are facing a third. Try them as adults.

You just might be seeing this tomorrow night on MKH’s segment.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I can not and will not watch that stuff. It hurts me too much to see a helpless thing be brutilized.

TheSitRep on April 8, 2008 at 7:51 PM

Yep. I saw it on TV, and I really wished I hadn’t. It’s very disturbing.

paul006 on April 8, 2008 at 9:07 PM

You guys are funny. I grew up in the inner city and this sort of thing happened pretty frequently and usually with a lot more blood. If these girls get a harsh punishment it’s only because of the publicity it received.

TheBigOldDog on April 8, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Inner city yes. But it wasn’t until the mid-eighties that it hit outside the city – in the suburbs and beyond. There’s a reason for that – the decline of the traditional family which maintained stability.

Connie on April 8, 2008 at 9:07 PM

I don’t know about that. The first thing that occurred to me when I saw it was to make sure my kids learn self-defense.

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Agreed. I’ve got two boys and three requirements… Church, Judo or Hapkido, and Boy Scouts. Teach them the rules, teach them to defend themselves and teach them to take care of others…

Signalfire_WI on April 8, 2008 at 9:09 PM

Don’t look if you are easily offended by white trash, but wow.

DaveS on April 8, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Dude. Her lack of grammar is only exceeded by her lack of class.

Branch Rickey on April 8, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Connie on April 8, 2008 at 9:07 PM

That’s it Connie. You hit the nail on the head.
Decline of the family is just the snowball at the top of the hill.

Geronimo on April 8, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Wow. That sounds like it was totally a RK-inspired race-based hate crime, just like Reginald Denny (was that his name?). I hope he didn’t suffer any lasting damage.

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Signalfire_WI on April 8, 2008 at 9:09 PM

I learned Hapkido up to Red belt.. it’s more of a counter attack style.. put the kids in wrestling.

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 9:11 PM

actually it did totally mess up his life, not physically but mentally.. :{

(While he was in the coma his girlfriend cheated on him with his “best friend”) OMG.. he hasn’t been the same since.

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 9:18 PM

That’s brutal. Something like that will keep you looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life. And then to be betrayed on top of it. Brutal.

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Geronimo on April 8, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Dave, are you serious? That’s one of the girls myspace page?

I’m not sure… there is another one that is here, and is only 1 character different on the URL. This one is not quite as trashy, but still does have a lot of white-trash stuff going on. Maybe they are both her, or maybe the first one I posted is somebody messing with her.

I personally think they are both hers. Whatever.

DaveS on April 8, 2008 at 9:22 PM

Girls are very catty. We turn on each other all the time, and girls are constantly sizing each other up in high school.

StephC on April 8, 2008 at 8:55 PM

If you think this sort of stuff ends at the door of adulthood, you’re mistaken. Just the tactics change.

Don’t ever work in an office unless you’re the boss.

baldilocks on April 8, 2008 at 9:22 PM

Connie on April 8, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Agreed. The complete and utter lack of value our society places on the virtue of innocence is also a factor.

exlibris on April 8, 2008 at 9:25 PM

Don’t ever work in an office unless you’re the boss.

baldilocks on April 8, 2008 at 9:22 PM

You’re right. I work in an office, but I work in the beer industry, so there are only 2 women in the office, the rest are men. I prefer working with men. They aren’t catty!

StephC on April 8, 2008 at 9:26 PM

DaveS on April 8, 2008 at 9:22 PM

Yeah, looks like the same chick. Screaming white trash.

Geronimo on April 8, 2008 at 9:30 PM

All those perps need to be tried as adults. Then sue them and their parents for damages. All very public. The U.S. version of a public caning.

Oh, wait, what am I thinking…?

It’s Bush’s fault.

TheCulturalist on April 8, 2008 at 9:31 PM

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 8:55 PM

No no, I agree with you. I was more questioning some one else.

SouthernDem on April 8, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 9:11 PM

I have to laugh. You should have seen the Boston public schools during forced busing in the 70s. Everyday was like being in combat… that’s what happens when the government pits poor black people against poor white people against their will…

TheBigOldDog on April 8, 2008 at 9:36 PM

“All those perps need to be tried as adults”… as adults were tried in the 1950s.

Feedie on April 8, 2008 at 9:41 PM

Give me a break. I thought the victim would be all lying on the floor in the pool of blood. We used to fight so hard I was thrown off a flight of stairs and got my first concussion. This when I decided to support Barack Ob… Wait, no I don’t support him.

Seriously. Trust me nothing beats a 13 year old trying to save the floor from the blood pouring out of his head. The girls need to be punished. I don’t know how much. Certainly their intent which was publicity needs to be taken into account and the judge should make sure the net cost for them is profound. But trying them as adults? Get a life.

freevillage on April 8, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Don’t ever work in an office unless you’re the boss.

baldilocks on April 8, 2008 at 9:22 PM

OH MY! you sound like Rosie! (“I tried my best but it’s hard for me when I’m not the boss,” O’Donnell, 46, said on The Martha Stewart Show Tuesday,)

Not that way in my office and all the women, all though I have to say, a new woman has to be the right sort to fit in. Fortunately, we have found one. A good group of gals we have, and I enjoy working with them!

CrimsonFisted on April 8, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Civilization ends

Indeed.

labrat on April 8, 2008 at 9:45 PM

And now they got even more than they had hoped for: nationwide notoriety.

With one exception: a jail sentence.

sheesh on April 8, 2008 at 9:46 PM

freevillage on April 8, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Being tried as an Adult doesn’t really mean much…

Probably get probation and community service, however it will go on their record(as it should)

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 9:46 PM

My collie says:

You call them animals? Don’t insult me. I’ve never met a bitch that wasn’t vastly superior to these females. I think that these “creatures” would be more aptly described by the phrase “sub-canine excrement”.

Don’t hold back collie. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

CyberCipher on April 8, 2008 at 9:48 PM

While they are picking up garbage, doing community Service maybe someone can video tape them and put it on YouTube. >:}

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 9:48 PM

The mother with the last name of garcia belongs in jail. She said the victim shouldn’t be saying things about the beaters on MySpace.

White Trash rootn’ and tootin’ in Shanty Town, round ‘em all up, parents included, charge the parents as if they allowed their daughter to drink under age.

AprilOrit on April 8, 2008 at 9:52 PM

I’m most distressed by the lack of remorse…

Vntnrse on April 8, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 9:46 PM

The girls who hit her — especially the one who knocked her out — should get time. What’s typical for assault? 6 months?

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Not for first offense.. usually Probation and Community service.(really depends on location)

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Superficially, I probably do. However, un-Rosie-like, I have worked in many offices–military and civilian–and had no problem in the offices in which I was the boss or that were male-dominated. (The civilians are the worst.)

CrimsonFisted on April 8, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Then you’re a fortunate woman to have not been threatened or shout at as if you were a dog or have your office mates interfere in your personal life–like call your boyfriend up to tell him that you’re cheating (when you’re not) out of shear spite.

You’ve been blessed.

baldilocks on April 8, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Yeah I saw much worse when I was in school.

ronsfi on April 8, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Who knows, maybe the laws for stricter now, than they were in the mid-90′s.. not sure.. thats what it was back then.

get in a fight do some damage, first offense…
P&C. Usually 2 -2 1/2 years probation and 40-60 hours community service.

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 9:59 PM

If they get into trouble while on probation, then they are in big trouble..

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 10:01 PM

I think you’re way off the mark. Death penalty for this? No way.

Public flogging? Yes.

Had the victim had the means, I would have condoned her killing the lot of them at the time. She looks too young for a handgun though.

LimeyGeek on April 8, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Spot on, I think, except for supporting flogging, if that wasn’t a joke. Killing each one of them at the time I would have supported seeing how savagely she was being beaten. Seems like they could have killed her pretty easily themselves.

I actually wrote all that without watching the video so if I mischaracterized it please forgive. :-p

OneGyT on April 8, 2008 at 10:02 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 10:01 PM

They should get whatever is typical then. Although, I’d like to see them go to juvie where they’re likely to get a beat-down of their own.

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 10:03 PM

AprilOrit on April 8, 2008 at 8:46 PM
The freaks you refer to are more than likely scumbags that always migrate to my state from concrete shitholes like NY or other worthless parts of the northeast. There are parts of the state that are not even Florida any more. More like some bastardized version of the Bronx with wife-beater tans.

Considering your cousin is a “Social” worker I am sure she is exposed to the cream of the crop examples of humanity anyway, but don’t let me stop you from painting generalities with your all-knowing broad brush.

ClassicCon on April 8, 2008 at 9:00 PM

Relax, that was not my intention. Some are from Northern places like Maryland, but most come from places like Missouri, Nebraska, Indidana. Most are Mid Westerns who end up there to escape the cold weather. We saw her over the holidays and discussed it in length. They are hardly Florida Natives.

My parents have good very good friends from Fort Pierce and one of them was a long-term Native, his ancestors came down from New England and settled the state, amny of them dying from Malaria, He always hated the people who came from other states, he said they ruined the state.

I have mixed feelings on that? There are definately deadbeat parents out there. But, little by little the government has been taking away parents’ ability to control their kids. Schools give out condoms, clinics give abortions wtihout consent, and if they spank their child the state takes them away and charges the parent with child endangerment.

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Not me, when a mother sides with her deliquent daughter and believes the victim deserved what she got because of some silliness on MySpace – the mother needs serious disciplince – perferrably from a judge. This mother was well aware of what went down and did nothing to stop it.

AprilOrit on April 8, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Oh that could happen.. >:}

really depends on what their parents want.(And if they believe , that they can’t handle them)

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 9:48 PM

I like this idea! Tit for Tat. Am I allowed to say that?

TheCulturalist on April 8, 2008 at 10:07 PM

AprilOrit on April 8, 2008 at 10:04 PM

I don’t disagree with that — not with the ones who condoned or defended it. (As a side note… how dumb is that mother? She just handed the girl a civil suit on a silver platter.)

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 10:09 PM

I like this idea! Tit for Tat. Am I allowed to say that?

TheCulturalist on April 8, 2008 at 10:07 PM

While someone is video taping them picking up garbage someone could make it even worse by RickRolling them as they get video taped! >:}

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 10:09 PM

fuckin pieces of shit
i swear if i ever see that someone is going to get pulped up with a pipe

drives me insane watching this

blatantblue on April 8, 2008 at 10:11 PM

F-ing savages. That girls’ parent have amazing self-control. I have four children and if some douchebags did this to anyone of them… I would have taken it into my own hands. Sorry.

Claypigeon on April 8, 2008 at 10:14 PM

Claypigeon on April 8, 2008 at 10:14 PM

i dont have kids but id totally go vigilante if i saw it happening, or it happened to a friend.

i cant get my head around it. its like our children are been raised to act like little MS-13′ers or Mujahideen. its so repulsive I hope all the kids who did that end up dying in some road side ditch because they all got drunk, got into a van, and flipped it at 90 mph, and run into a concrete wall and explode.

maybe not that harsh, but hopefully karma will bitch slap them so hard..

blatantblue on April 8, 2008 at 10:17 PM

These “kids” should be tried as adults, and given the maximum sentences. Most of them would here in GA, as 17 is considered an adult under GA law. I heard the Polk Co. Sheriff today say that in the booking area, all of these sick f&**s were laughing and joking about whether or not they’d get to go to the beach for Spring Break. And one of the booking officers said one of these bitches asked “will I be out in time for cheerleading practice?” while she was being processed in.

The perfect punishment would be to allow the victim’s friends have 30 minutes alone with these jackasses in a warehouse somewhere, no guards… just video to post on YouTube.

Sad thing is the mom of one female girl-rillas was on the Today show this a.m. saying “my daughter only watched.” And according to one of the newspaper articles, one of the look-out dudes’ mama said “I don’t know why my son was involved.. all he did was serve as a lookout.”

Stupid jackasses the lot. All perps’ moms & dads should be sterilized, as well as their satan’s off-springs.

MsUnderestimated on April 8, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Petulant, spoiled, little snots. A little stint to a developing nation in the Peace Corps might gain them a bit more respect for other human beings, and how well off they are.

Just hideous.

shaken on April 8, 2008 at 10:19 PM

They hit like girls.

As for the punishment, we’ve got laws on the books for that. Technically, every member of a mob can be held responsible for every punch, kick, brick, whatever, that any member of that mob throws.

Those laws just need to be enforced more uniformly. Being in a gang gives people a thrill and a feeling of guitlessness. That’s why the punishment has to be all the more severe to fight those primal urges down.

Kids have to understand: If you get in a fight, you can get in trouble; but if you fight as a gang, you do hard time.

logis on April 8, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Civil suit for multi-millions, if possible. In addition to jail time for the perps.

miron on April 8, 2008 at 10:28 PM

30 minutes? After about 2 minutes of that crap I would have grabbed the nearest weaponlike object and begin defending myself… Geeze

Brad on April 8, 2008 at 10:36 PM

the real F’ed up part is the kidnapping.

kids get jumped ALL THE TIME. i remember being 15 hanging out and watching 3 girls whoop this one girls @ss for talking smack. but they got her at a parking lot we all chilled at.

she showed up to the spot, and the girls were lookin out for her, so they beat her up.

in this case though, they got her all locked up in this room, blocking the doors and sh!t like they planned it out…THATS messed up

ernesto on April 8, 2008 at 10:38 PM

Those little c u next tuesdays most definitely need to be tried as adults and need to do some hard time getting the living sh!t beat out of them by Big Bertha in a max security pen.

And yes, a civil suit as well. These girls and two boys should be made an example of. We need to be harsher on juveniles in this country; the softness will only lead to bigger crimes when they are adults, and by other juveniles as well.

thirteen28 on April 8, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Did people see this?

Lindsay, 16, was having problems at home after having a fight with her mother and was staying with a friend, Mercades Nichols [one of the girls], in Lakeland.

And this:

“She embarrassed these girls,” Christina Garcia [Nichols' mother] told News Channel 8 in an interview. “She said she was going to kick their you-know-what’s, and how slutty they are, and calling them much worse names than sluts.”

I’m not saying this makes it okay, it just clarifies things… like why one of the girls says “I thought you were going to fight me.”

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 10:44 PM

This teen girl-on-girl violence in high schools is not new. The trend began as soon as the Rap Gangsta music chants in the early 1990′s showed that there was no real authority in the high schools any more.The women correctly saw that they were on their own–no men were willing to come to their rescue anymore in the face of the threats of violence all around them. The school officials pretended to exercise authority by “equally” punishing the attackers and the victims on the pretense they could not do anything else. They just cut and ran. This is the new teen culture that has replaced teens respect for authority in high schools after we chose to ditch our judeo-christian beliefs in all public schools.

jimw on April 8, 2008 at 10:45 PM

TheBigOldDog on April 8, 2008 at 9:36 PM

I lived it. It taught me one thing and that’s how to fight.
Mattapan
Dorchester
Roxbury

Geronimo on April 8, 2008 at 10:51 PM

I am so sickened and sad…there seems to be no going back from these issues…I raised 3 teenaged girls, just as someone else has said, I just can’t get my mind around these young kids acting like animals…

I stayed home with my children while my ex husband worked to provide for us…it’s the thing I’m the most proud and thankful to have been able to do in my life…we did without a lot of stuff and it was worth it. I think this is something that families need to get back to. It’s a huge issue with me.

surrounded on April 8, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Oh, yes, homeschooled children need some of that socialization! /s

TX Mom on April 8, 2008 at 10:58 PM

“What is it like to see your daughter in this situation”

Damn vultures. I hate journalists.

Darth Executor on April 8, 2008 at 10:59 PM

TheBigOldDog on April 8, 2008 at 9:36 PM

As a victim of forced busing of Prince George’s County Maryland, I can find common cause with your position. Nobody was happy with the federally approved plan. Half of an essentially inner-city school were bussed to my (mostly white working class) school while half of my school was bussed into the “hood.” The whites moved out, the blacks moved in and within a few years the whole concept of integration was a farce.

highhopes on April 8, 2008 at 11:00 PM

If chance be
the Father of all flesh,
disaster is his rainbow in the sky,
and when you hear

State of Emergency!
Sniper Kills Ten!
Troops on Rampage!
Whites go Looting!
Bomb Blasts School!

It is but the sound of man
worshipping his maker.

“Chance” by Steve Turner

Send_Me on April 8, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Thank God my three sons are grown and gone. If my teenager was caught on tape beating another he would have been beat with a orange Hot Wheel track when he got home. Oh….wait…..that is what I swatted my boys with. It was either the orange track or pick your switch off the willow tree.

BTW……my sons turned out GREAT!!!!!!!

Winebabe on April 8, 2008 at 11:01 PM

HAHA Winebabe…my precious darlings got the dreaded FLY SWATTER!!

surrounded on April 8, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Winebabe on April 8, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Yup, me too Winebabe. I got the chili spoon (which my Mom split in half right down the middle on me bum)
I also got soap in the mouth, (bar and liquid)
Tabasco sauce and “THE BELT”.
It put the fear of God in me.

Geronimo on April 8, 2008 at 11:07 PM

It’s a relief to read this thread and see others are just as frustrated. This country is having some kind of nervous breakdown and what it might take to stop it is equally jarring to the imagination. All this legalistic garbage could be avoided if some tough women were allowed to b-slap those girls into compliance and there was no recourse. As it is, the defense attorneys have probably already landed in their home state to defend the pooor children.

The last justice I saw for feral boys was dealt out by the tiger at the San Francisco zoo, but two of them got away to sue.

Feedie on April 8, 2008 at 11:11 PM

They laugh because they know there is a good chance they will get nothing more than court ordered probation, counseling, sensitivity classes and then have their records wiped clean when they turn 18!!
They should be stripped naked, put in stocks and whipped in the public square until their backs are hamburger!! TRhat is how this is dealt with. They will not be laughing after so many lashes!! No,, but of course,, we’re too sensitive for real justice!! of course not,, and our liberal schools and courts encourage this crap!!
The internet’s to blame?? Sorry!! These animals are to blame as well as the parents and the schools and the stinking lib culture that promotes this crap!!

JellyToast on April 8, 2008 at 11:14 PM

freevillage on April 8, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Agreed. I’d like to see some kind of middle ground for older teenagers; obviously we can’t let a 16 or 17 year old only be in the system until 21 for serious crimes… but having someone 40 years old in the system for a crime committed at 16 isn’t right either. The whole juvenile justice could use a revamp.

Laura on April 8, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Congrats ladies, you’re famous. Hope they get tried as adults for battery.

Dash on April 8, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Those teens planned this and now feel no remorse what-so-ever. They deserve to and need to be tried as adults and recieve the full punishment and serve 100% of their time.
Thats how you begin to deal with this situation!! They are old enough to know better, but they do it anyway because they feel that no serious consiquences will result from their actions because of a lack of discipline at home and in society, thanks to the liberal philosophy!!!

gboy63 on April 8, 2008 at 11:24 PM

I watched the film and it was sad. The victim acted defensively throughout the incident.

At one point in the film, she was backed-up in a corner by the door with a broom or mop on the left and a china cabinet on the right. The victim’s best move should have been to take the broom/mop handle and gone for the sternum/gut/eye/or throat of her attacker. At the same time, she should have kicked over the china cabinet.

If she had done either of these, the bully kids would have been stunned and the confrontation would have ended.

This child hasn’t been taught how to fend off a rapist, much less her loser friends.

Sorry, my military background just makes me know how to solve these sort of silly problems before it escalates into the court system. Watch the future news on civil suits on behalf of the victim.

Special Forces Grunt on April 8, 2008 at 11:25 PM

It seems that the left is getting the society that they wanted.

Johan Klaus on April 8, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Special Forces Grunt on April 8, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Yeah, that was frustrating. At first I figured she thought she’d get worse if she fought back, but she actually argued with them about their reasons for hitting her. It was like she was more concerned about being the outcast than she was about getting hit in the face.

Spolitics on April 8, 2008 at 11:34 PM

It seems that the left is getting the society that they wanted.

Yeah, that horrible violence Vermont has become famous for has got to stop once and for all!

freevillage on April 8, 2008 at 11:37 PM

JellyToast on April 8, 2008 at 11:14 PM

All of liberalism is based on the belief that everyone in the world is dumber and more idealistic than the most naive moonbat.

Unfortunately (or, I guess, fortunately) the world doesn’t work anything like that. Welfare recipients routinely rip off the system in ways that Congress never imagined.

And teenagers know perfectly well what they can and cannot get away with. Hell, that’s what they spend pretty much all of their massive free time and frenetic energy doing: testing their boundaries. And whenever you move those boundaries out, kids will ALWAYS fall to that level of behavior.

logis on April 8, 2008 at 11:41 PM

There is nothing new here. This type of activity predates the formation of the US. Except now its video taped and sent around the world instantly. It’s the pack mentality that drives people do such things. It’s not restricted to any geographic area or social demographics. I’m 47 years old and this type of activity was going on when I was a child in Maryland. My mother and father talked about such activity when they were growing up in rural North and South Carolina, Georgia and Puerto Rico. I’m sure we all remember the fine citizens that beat a boy to death just for saying hello to a white girl. And that was during the “good old days”. So please we must stop this nonsensical name calling, finger pointing and just acknowledge that evil will manifest itself anywhere at any given time. Always has and always will.

Zaire67 on April 9, 2008 at 12:01 AM

TheBigOldDog on April 8, 2008 at 8:29 PM

We don’t care that you grew up a piece of trash. We don’t accept it because our standards are higher than you people who glorify violence from your inner city dung heep. Your home is a garbeage dump courtesy of its inhabitants. Take your “street cred” and shove it!

These female pieces of trash should be tried as adults and put into prison. They deserve the lives they are going to get. The deserve everything bad that is coming their way. I only feel for the victims that lay in their path. Pure white trash, junk.

revolution on April 9, 2008 at 12:09 AM

I’ll say this as someone who was the target of malicious gossip in high school, I’d like to know what the girl who was attacked posted on MySpace before I rush to her defense. If it was something along the lines of “Becky is a bitch” well then yes the attack was excessive. If it was something far worse, like “Becky has herpes” then I’d have a much harder time feeling sorry for her.

Some people are petty, vicious, and incorrigible. They deserve to get the living spit kicked out of them (the person who posted fake photos of Michelle Malkin comes immediately to mind).

Civility is dying largely because there are few real consequences for being uncivil.

Mike Honcho on April 9, 2008 at 12:10 AM

They should get tried as adults.

xplodeit on April 9, 2008 at 12:11 AM

Try them as adults

Absolutely. No respect, no self-control, no sense. Those stupid punks should have the book thrown at them and be held up as an example as to what will happen to stupid punks who lose control. Book em Danno.

Zorro on April 8, 2008 at 8:26 PM

I agree, totally, they should be prosecuted harshly and held up as an example for the rest of the idiots.

4shoes on April 9, 2008 at 12:12 AM

miron on April 8, 2008 at 10:28 PM

Oh, a civil suit is possible. Now whether they are able to collect, if they were to win a potential suit, is another matter…

eanax on April 9, 2008 at 12:14 AM

If that were my daughter on the receiving end, there would be no dilemma about whether to try them as adults…because they would be trying me for manslaughter.

labrat on April 9, 2008 at 12:15 AM

labrat

If that was AP’s daughter, would he post the video here? Shame on HA & YouTube for adding to the victim’s pain.
I won’t watch it.

jgapinoy on April 9, 2008 at 12:19 AM

highhopes on April 8, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Wow, what years did you live there? We were in PG county from 1968 till about 1977. I was young, just attended elementary school till 6th grade, it was rough. When we moved, we were one of the few white kids left in the school.

4shoes on April 9, 2008 at 12:21 AM

Both my girls have black belts, and if they ever let anyone slap them around like this without breaking some bones in return I would be all over them. They know it too. But then I seriously doubt anyone that knows them would try something like this. Mostly because they do a much better job of picking their friends.

The girl’s parents acting like they had no control over what their kids are exposed to is a big cop out. As the parent you have control if you choose to exercise it.

Buford on April 9, 2008 at 12:23 AM

freevillage on April 8, 2008 at 11:37 PM

I see you didn’t use CALIFORNIA as the example to make your point. Telling indeed.

eanax on April 9, 2008 at 12:29 AM

It seems that the left is getting the society that they wanted.

Johan Klaus on April 8, 2008 at 11:26 PM

One of many “Posts of the Day”……..

Forgive me, but I can’t stop comparing this bowel movement against citizens of this country like Michael Monsoor

Seven Percent Solution on April 9, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Look at them, they are shameful.

AprilOrit on April 9, 2008 at 12:33 AM

Good thing we don’t teach values or religion in school anymore. /sarc

Mojave Mark on April 9, 2008 at 12:39 AM

So we’re endorsing the death penalty for felony battery and false imprisonment now?

SouthernDem on April 8, 2008 at 7:51 PM

Yes. Probably ought to apply the penalty to the parents as well.

We are seeing the end results of a couple of generations of liberalism and the belief in post-modernism. There is no right or wrong, and you can escape responsibility by blaming someone else.

This has got to be stopped, and by harsh means. I’d like to see the Heinlein solution myself, public flogging of the perpetrators and the parents. But, I’d go along with their execution as well.

traderdfw on April 9, 2008 at 12:43 AM

revolution on April 9, 2008 at 12:09 AM

That was almost as “charming” as these girls’ behavior. Almost.

baldilocks on April 9, 2008 at 12:47 AM

The part that is bothering me the most (aside from the actual beating which I think is unthinkable)if they are in a sense blaming the internet/sites for encouraging this type of behaviour.

If there were no internet I am sure they would have done this anyway in a different way. Perhaps video tape it or even photos and show around school or gossip about it etc… this type of behaviour isn’t based on only one type of forum they can display it its based on thug mentality and any forum would suffice, be it internet, gossip, or media full stop.

TFM

ThinkingForMyself on April 9, 2008 at 12:48 AM

jgapinoy on April 9, 2008 at 12:19 AM

I couldn’t watch either. I read enough to make me sufficiently nauseated. I know we choose rather or not to click, but I too wish that your reluctance had one out on this one AP.

labrat on April 9, 2008 at 12:49 AM

News story quote:

Following their arrests the girls joked in a holding cell. One asked if she would be able to make it to cheerleading practice the next day, while several others joked that they wouldn’t be making it back to the beach anytime soon, he said.

Hardened hearts. So sad.

“They seemed to have absolutely no remorse at all,” Judd said. “They were just going to beat her. And beat her they did.”

jediwebdude on April 9, 2008 at 12:49 AM

…that’s “won out” rather.

labrat on April 9, 2008 at 12:50 AM

Chakra Hammer on April 8, 2008 at 9:48 PM

Brilliant idea!

A Axe on April 9, 2008 at 12:51 AM

Not only do those bull dykes have issues with anger, they’re also stupid. Seriously stupid. They had several cameras set-up to record assault and kidnapping and never once considered that they were providing police with evidence of the crime? There wasn’t a moment in any of the girls’ minds that this wasn’t a smart thing to do?

Who said their were gay and butch??

AprilOrit on April 9, 2008 at 12:51 AM

If that were my daughter getting beaten, I’d find the little bi*ches who did it and smack ‘em into next week.

Immature? Yes. Criminal? Probably. But well worth it.

D2Boston on April 9, 2008 at 12:51 AM

This crap is happening too much. I hope they throw the book at those brats. Make an example out of them.

SoulGlo on April 9, 2008 at 12:58 AM

Immature? Yes. Criminal? Probably. But well worth it.

D2Boston on April 9, 2008 at 12:51 AM

I think I would rather go after the mother who created the problem.

That’s more fulfilling, more balanced.

AprilOrit on April 9, 2008 at 12:59 AM

Unreal…And I thought there was something in the water on Long Island…

This shouldn’t even be discussed as being part of the normal process of growing up. I hear people mention about things that happened to them, or to people they knew, and treat it as just being a sad fact of life. Hell, just because s**t exists, it doesn’t mean society shouldn’t grab a shovel and get busy when it starts to pile up. At the very least they should try these vapid little morons as adults, film the trial and show THAT on YOUTUBE.

52Ranger on April 9, 2008 at 12:59 AM

…that’s “whether or not to click”…sheesh!! It’s bedtime.

labrat on April 9, 2008 at 1:01 AM

TheBigOldDog on April 8, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Uh, guys? I think you ought to consider, you know, R-T-F-A?

Cheerleaders Pummel Girl For 30 Minutes

I realize some folks grew up in a rough neighborhood and saw many a Shaniqua slap around a Latasha, but a 30 minute beating/internet-posted public shaming? Until she was unconscious? With no help, no one to break it up, multiple cameramen and 2 lookouts? Pull the other one.

The one positive from this new brand of crime is that it will always be found out, obviously. These pathetic complexifications of sperm have proven over the last half-decade that they’ll never learn from the idiots who came before them to simply not film bad things. It’s in kids’ natures to be stupid, so when a kid is also evil, he/she is going to get caught.

HitNRun on April 9, 2008 at 1:03 AM