Surprise: Obama against concealed carry

posted at 7:25 pm on April 3, 2008 by Allahpundit

Amanda Carpenter thinks it’s a big deal and a quasi-reversal from his previous “moderate” rhetoric on the issue acknowledging the need for home defense. I don’t see it. Knowing everything you now know about Obama — including the fact that he thinks someone should be guilty of a felony if a burglar steals his gun and uses it to shoot someone — what would you guess would be his position? Well, that’s exactly what it is. The doctrinaire liberal takes the doctrinaire liberal stance, as he did in 1996, all within the context of the new “nonpartisan” spirit he’s bringing to Washington, mind you:

“I am not in favor of concealed weapons,” Obama said. “I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”

And less innocent people too, natch. The real bombshell here is the possibility, per the Tribune-Review article linked by Carpenter, that Hillary might oppose outlawing concealed carry. Can that be? Our Hillary? I can’t find anything on point on Google, but doubtless that’s by design. She has no clear-cut position on this issue anymore, for the simple reason that “I also am a political realist and I understand that the political winds are very powerful against doing enough to try to get guns off the street…” Like Krauthammer said, she’s the Great Navigator. That’s why we love her. Or, at least, prefer her to Obama.

Exit question advice: If you want to attack Obama on this subject, do it now, because once the Supreme Court decision on the Second Amendment comes down it’s going to be the last thing he’ll want to talk about. Especially if that decision goes his way.

Comments

No, Einstein, it creates an atmosphere where innocent people are able to defend themselves and criminals are less likely to mess with ‘em.

He’s also against Ballistic Missile Defense. Again, he doesn’t want people to be able to defend themselves. Just negotiate with muggers and missiles, right Obamatron?

Tony737 on April 3, 2008 at 7:32 PM

What if someone steals his car and hits someone? The car owner is guilty of vehicular assault, no doubt.

trubble on April 3, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Try and take it from me.

SouthernGent on April 3, 2008 at 7:34 PM

crr6 on April 3, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Huh? If the decision goes his way wouldn’t he want to bring that up?

terryannonline on April 3, 2008 at 7:36 PM

I think Hussein Ossama should ask his Secret Service bodyguards not to carry concealed weapons.

Indy Conservative on April 3, 2008 at 7:36 PM

He’s more to the left than Communist Party USA:

Resolution on Gun Control
The longstanding gun culture in the United States makes it imperative the issue of gun control not be raised in a manner that will strengthen the far right forces in the United States. The position of the CPUSA should be directed toward the corporate abuse and circumvention of laws that are already in place, the closing of loopholes in the laws concerning the sale of guns at gun shows, and requirements for safety features such as locks that prevent accidental deaths.

RushBaby on April 3, 2008 at 7:37 PM

We should no longer allow politicians arguing against concealed carry to say what they think could happen. 39 states have right to carry. It’s not theoretical. Argue against based on what has happened or shut up.

frankj on April 3, 2008 at 7:38 PM

As a ccper I wish we all carried! Cause only dopers and liberals won’t have guns. Can you imagine a better America?

AMartinez on April 3, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Breath is held and fingers are maintained in the crossed position for the USSC decision.

Meanwhile,

Obama’s position displays ‘social injustice’. Or else it shows a ‘progressive’ agenda, to progressively remove the means of resistance from the hands of the governed in a free state being ‘transformed’ into a totalitarian one.

petefrt on April 3, 2008 at 7:42 PM

because once the Supreme Court decision on the Second Amendment comes down

His absurd ideas behind constitutional law will be made very apparent.

Free Constitution on April 3, 2008 at 7:46 PM

Obama may not want to talk about it. Gun owners will. If the Supremes rule his way, expect the mother of all turnouts against Obama.

Of course Obama opposes gun rights. Ordinary people defending themselves? Why heavens no.

Let’s not leave out the racial component. Blacks oppose by a wide margin the ability of middle and working class whites to defend themselves. It’s a matter of punishing the “KKKK of A”

whiskey_199 on April 3, 2008 at 7:48 PM

frankj on April 3, 2008 at 7:38 PM

If concealed carry becomes an issue during this election I think John Lott is going to sell a lot of copies of More Guns, Less Crime.

FloatingRock on April 3, 2008 at 7:51 PM

What I find interesting is that Mr. open-minded-candidate-for-change has completely closed his mind on this issue despite over a decade of experience in dozens of states showing his opinion is at odds with reality — experience that has convinced even contemporary skeptics that their “blood in the streets” predictions were wrong.

Socratease on April 3, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Why be surprised that the first presidential candidate to get Secret Service protection wouldn’t want ordinary Americans to have the right to protect themselves?

If The Supremes rule against the clear intent of the Constitution, we’ll have much more to worry about than what some left-wing racist fanatic in the White House thinks.

MrScribbler on April 3, 2008 at 7:53 PM

I am shocked SHOCKED to find that someone who supports banning the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic firearms also doesn’t want us to be able to USE the weapons we already have. I guess if he gets his way, all we can have is Cowboy-Action revolvers in open carry belt holsters. Talk about creating a “Wild West Mentality”.

Actually, that may not be so bad…

steadyrock on April 3, 2008 at 7:55 PM

crr6 on April 3, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Are you being ironic? Because that idea sounds awesome.

Lehosh on April 3, 2008 at 7:56 PM

I find it most interesting to view ‘opinions’ such as Obama’s not simply in terms of what they state in legislative terms, but to ‘zoom out’ and consider what they mean in terms of how they view the role of themselves/government.

When people like Obama say “x shouldn’t be allowed for y [spurious] reason”, observe the use of the rhetorical artefact “be allowed”. This betrays amentality that considers itself as a ruler of a domain where the remainder of us are subjects.

I left that bullshit behind me a long time ago, and moved here where far greater men than I founded a nation in absolute rejection of such a premise.

The quasi-nobility of contemporary liberal fascism views the populace much as a farmer views his cattle. With respect to the ‘arms’ issue, a parallel might be – “we can’t have horned cattle roaming the pasture, never mind the coyotes, they’ll gore each other (more than they’ll successfully gore the coyotes) and I’ll lose more money than if I stock hornless cattle and try my best to shoot a few mongrels when I can. The coyotes may get a few, but at least I’ll be further ahead.”

Where do you stand, people? Are you a head of cattle, or a forthright, independent Man? Are you willing to bow your heads and be herded, or do you stand tall, second to none?

LimeyGeek on April 3, 2008 at 8:00 PM

crr6 on April 3, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Kennisaw, Georgia.

Nuff said.

Kowboy on April 3, 2008 at 8:01 PM

I just got mine today. :)

AbaddonsReign on April 3, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Exactly. It implies that any legal activity is an indulgence granted to us by the State, instead of a right that we elect them to protect.

Lehosh on April 3, 2008 at 8:06 PM

Which begs the question – how could he be so stupid to bring it up at all?

Jaibones on April 3, 2008 at 8:09 PM

OK, I’m going out tomorrow to get “something” before this guy gets elected or the USSC makes some nutty decision. Any suggestions for a little bitty person with a very small wrist (5 1/2″ circumference) other than a can of pepper spray/mace? Yes, I will take the required lessons and do the time on the range. Nothing like waiting till the last minute. :)

24K lady on April 3, 2008 at 8:21 PM

I just got mine today. :)

AbaddonsReign on April 3, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Woo-ha! Congrats. :) Don’t forget the obligatory trip to Wal-Mart!

steadyrock on April 3, 2008 at 8:21 PM

This reminds me of something……………

“Spartans, lay down your weapons…….!”

“Persians, come and GET THEM!!!!!!!!”

Seven Percent Solution on April 3, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Bill Clinton suggested years ago that Al Gore lost TN because of gun control.

This suggests that Obama is not interested in winning, but “punishing” his “enemies” who he views as working-class and middle class whites.

Classic Black Nationalism. If Obama was serious he’d go before the NRA, pledge he’s got a new view, and give a major speech on gun rights. Instead he’s indistinguishable from Farrakhan, Sharpton, Jackson, Wright etc.

whiskey_199 on April 3, 2008 at 8:34 PM

I’m with SouthernGent. Does “cold, dead hands” mean anything to these pompous wanna-be monarchs? Some things are worth dying for; so believed our founding fathers. (They must be rolling in their graves these days.)

It’s real simple: come and get ‘em.

freedom_nut on April 3, 2008 at 8:46 PM

How about open carry? Can I strap on a .45 and take a walk?

mojo on April 3, 2008 at 8:49 PM

24K lady on April 3, 2008 at 8:21 PM

something with the new 327 Fed round. ck out the april issue of “American rifleman”.

jerrytbg on April 3, 2008 at 8:49 PM

awesome

Guardian on April 3, 2008 at 9:00 PM

Is this guy just completely stupid?
I live in a rural area.
Home alone during the day with no close neighbors.
The only moron who is going to get shot around here is the asswipe who tries to take me on!
I would hardly call them innocent.

ArmyAunt on April 3, 2008 at 9:04 PM

24K lady:

As a long time gun owner/user (target and sport) might I suggest, that before you buy, you spend some time at the range and with knowledgeable people you feel comfortable with – who know their stuff.

Owning a gun IS a responsibility. With one you have the ability to take a life or serve up terrible injury (not only to the perp. but – potentially to yourself or a loved one as well). If you are ever forced to use the gun, you WILL, no doubt, be sued!

Having said that, the more you learn about guns (and your responsibilities) and the more you fire them, the more comfortable you will become around them. Find a gun that “Fits” you and practice with it!

Gun control IS hitting what you aim at! The more you practice the more you’ll hit!

BTW The ONLY person you should listen to, prior to purchase, IS YOU!

FloridaBill on April 3, 2008 at 9:05 PM

crr6 on April 3, 2008 at 7:35 PM

you get it crr6! to futher expand then people would be much more polite and muggers wouldn’t mug as much, rapers wouldn’t rape as much, robbers wouldn’t rob as much and murders wouldn’t murder as many. Just study the statistics in states that allow and those that don’t and try to prove me wrong!

dhunter on April 3, 2008 at 9:05 PM

It’s getting to the point where I cannot stand Obama on a personal level.

ArmyAunt on April 3, 2008 at 9:08 PM

They take these in baby steps, slowly chipping away until their ultimate goal is accomplished. First it’ll be revoking concealed carry, then high capacity, then home defense weapons and hunting rifles

Alden Pyle on April 3, 2008 at 9:09 PM

God made all men – Sam Colt made ALL men equal”!

FloridaBill on April 3, 2008 at 9:09 PM

Yesterday there was a story on the local news here, warning people about a new gang initiation crime that’s been happening in the area. The gang members and the wannabe drive around looking for a suitable victim; when they spot one, they deliberately hit the person’s car; when the driver gets out to view the damage, the wannabe shoots him or her dead (if the victim is injured but does not die, the wannabe does not get to join the gang).

In Obama’s America, only the criminals will have guns.

AZCoyote on April 3, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Alden Pyle,

Only if we let’em, only when I’m out of bullets my weapons are empty and they have to pry them from my cold dead fingers. Only then for me and many many more!

dhunter on April 3, 2008 at 9:12 PM

FloridaBill on April 3, 2008 at 9:05 PM

of course! However, she did indicate that she would do her homework. As for who teaches her……well, thats another matter. I remember my first instructor….. and then when I showed some promise….. I had others….I believe someone who will not become inpatient with…. in other words….a PRO.

jerrytbg on April 3, 2008 at 9:16 PM

crr6 on April 3, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Read More Guns, Less Crime, by John Lott. As I recall it is the definitive study on the real world results of concealed carry laws around the nation. You’ll realize why nobody here takes your comment seriously.

FloatingRock on April 3, 2008 at 9:30 PM

dhunter on April 3, 2008 at 9:12 PM

Amen, I’m locked and loaded 24/7, I have a 12 yr old who can field strip my AR-15 and reassamble in under a minute. I won’t capitulate. It’s the last line of defense against these socialists and they know it.

Alden Pyle on April 3, 2008 at 9:31 PM

Look for the NRA membership to double or triple if
B.Hussein ever gets in office. This guy is poison.

Texyank on April 3, 2008 at 9:37 PM

sure!!!? The scary part is that people like you give the lefties all kinds of ammo.

jerrytbg on April 3, 2008 at 9:40 PM

It was the Second Amendment issues that sank the Dems before in the purple states.
Let it happen again!

Proud to be an NRA member!!!

TexasJew on April 3, 2008 at 9:41 PM

jerrytbg on April 3, 2008 at 9:40 PM

The reality is, the leftists don’t have any damn ammo, and they know it!
70,000,000 peaceful (yet vigilant) American gun owners can’t be wrong!

TexasJew on April 3, 2008 at 9:44 PM

another reason not to vote for him… they just seem to be stacking up. in fact with every new revelation another reason not to vote for him pops up.

unseen on April 3, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Alden Pyle on April 3, 2008 at 9:09 PM

Exactly. And they won’t bust in doors and confiscate our guns; they’ll prosecute everybody who ever uses a gun in self-defense to strike fear into the hearts of the rest of us. They’ll ban the sale of cartridges and components so that we’ll eventually run out of ammo or be forced to buy it on the black-market. They’ll spread propaganda about how people who buy guns and ammo on the black market are funding terrorism and about how guns function similarly to a gateway drug, in that they lead to more serious crimes beginning with drug dealing and ending with innocent children being massacred in their schoolyards.

Guns cause a psychosis that inevitably leads to murder, rape and eventually suicide! See Rifle Madness in theaters today. (Rated G, so that even the children of gun owners will know of their parents evil ways and be encouraged to report them to the proper authorities.)

FloatingRock on April 3, 2008 at 9:52 PM

TexasJew on April 3, 2008 at 9:44 PM

That WAS a little in the cheek. Just remember….. it may be that Justice Kennedy will decide our future…!OMG

jerrytbg on April 3, 2008 at 9:57 PM

unseen on April 3, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Was that even in the mix?….I mean… You weren’t really thinkin’ about …no….nah….really?

jerrytbg on April 3, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Obama gun grabber!

Chakra Hammer on April 3, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Who wants abortionist, gun grabbing Obama appointing Supreme Court justices?

Chakra Hammer on April 3, 2008 at 10:13 PM

FloatingRock on April 3, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Don’t forget to read John’s blog: http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/

Afterimage on April 3, 2008 at 10:20 PM

I am really beginning to hate this guy.

Dubn8tr on April 3, 2008 at 10:22 PM

head
hit
keyboard

OneGyT on April 3, 2008 at 10:42 PM

head
hit
keyboard

OneGyT on April 3, 2008 at 10:42 PM

just once? it didn’t bounce a few times lol!

jerrytbg on April 3, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Amen. She campaigned in 2000 for federal licensing requirements merely to own a gun. Does anyone really think it is a coincidence that Arkansas didn’t go shall-issue until Bubba had moved to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue? Or that Governor Bill opposed gun laws Governor Hillary would have supported? Get real. As best I can tell, Carpenter made this up out of whole cloth.

Xrlq on April 3, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Try and take it from me.

SouthernGent on April 3, 2008 at 7:34 PM

Ditto my friend!

Lets just give everyone guns then, and let them carry them around wherever.

crr6 on April 3, 2008 at 7:35 PM

What a great idea!

Livefreeordie on April 3, 2008 at 11:05 PM

I can’t stand the sight of this bozo or his huge, ugly, nasty wife. I wish this was all over so he wouldn’t be on the tube every night.

UnEasyRider on April 3, 2008 at 11:15 PM

RushBaby on April 3, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Thank you, RushBaby. It does my heart good to know that other people realize this.

Red Pill on April 4, 2008 at 12:16 AM

If you cannot protect yourself, who is going to protect you?

Johan Klaus on April 4, 2008 at 12:28 AM

Come and take it.

Johan Klaus on April 4, 2008 at 12:38 AM

The threat is real. The Marxists/Socialists/Communists didn’t give up when the Berlin wall came down. Far from it. They are patient and have infiltrated our college and university faculty, all branches of our government, and our defense industry. There really are people who want to bring our country to it’s knees.

Here’s one:

Chinese Spy ‘Slept’ In U.S. for 2 Decades

Here’s another:

But my journey is part of a larger journey – one shared by all who’ve ever sought to apply the values of their faith to our society. It’s a journey that takes us back to our nation’s founding, when none other than a UCC church inspired the Boston Tea Party [a revolution] and helped bring an Empire to its knees.

A Politics of Conscience
Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.
Hartford, CT | June 23, 2007

Red Pill on April 4, 2008 at 12:53 AM

Here are the current talking points from Obama’s “inspiration”, Rev. Wright.

That single page focuses on the word “black” eleven (11) times. Black Value System, Black religious tradition, Black Power, and Black Theology. “Black liberation theology” is repeated six (6) times.

Someone should remind them that the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. had a different dream:

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

Red Pill on April 4, 2008 at 12:58 AM

“gee thats smart. Lets just give everyone guns then, and let them carry them around wherever. We’ll be really really really safe then.” crr6

Absolutely…I live in Alaska where there is no permit needed to carry concealed. All the little anti-gun nuts freaked. “There’ll be blood in the streets!” and all that crap. Nothing happened. Crime went down. So did some criminals. That was it. The stupid little gang bangers are still killin’ each other at the same rate.

I was talking with the former head of the State Troopers up here at a softball game our kids were in. I didn’t know who I was shootin’ the breeze with til later. We talked guns and one of the first things he said was, “An armed society is a polite society.”

I’ve heard that many times through the years.

When there is a strong possibility that the person you are conversing with is packin’…you tend to be…kinder, a little more understanding. And damn near everyone is packin’ up here.

I have a gun belt that has a little poem on it, along with engravings of various .45 caliber pistols and revolvers.

“Be not afraid of any man who walks beneath the skies. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”

Army Brat on April 4, 2008 at 3:26 AM

Oh…and just cause the guys kid can take a weapon apart and re-assemble it doan mean he’s a freak. By the time I was 10, I could take any weapon in our house apart,(I don’t think the AR-15 was around then.), and re-assemble it as well. Due to the nature of the AR-15, ya kinda need to know how to take it apart…t’ fix it onect in a while.
I like the AK style weapons. Throw em in the mud. Come back a week later, shake the majority of the mud out…clear the barrel and fire.
Obama scares the crap outta me. He is so clearly bad for our Republic and yet…millions think he’s the Messiah. God help us if that inexperienced, delusional child becomes President. He just doesn’t have the vaguest clue as to what the real world is like.

Army Brat on April 4, 2008 at 3:41 AM

crr6 on April 3, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Surely you are not at dense as your quote portrays you! Concealed carry licenses are only provided to responsible, law abiding citizens who can pass an extensive background check, handgun proficiency test and a written exam.

From my cold, dead, hands…..

txsurveyor on April 4, 2008 at 7:13 AM

Almost thirty five years ago, an obscure tape recording of President Nixon’s conversations with advisors came to light, revealing his knowledge of the Watergate break-in and leading to his resignation of the presidency. That recording became known as the “smoking gun.” Now another smoking gun has come to light, revealing Barack Obama’s real views on many issues, including gun ownership and the Second Amendment. It could cost him millions of votes in November, and the presidency.

Barack Obama currently leads Hillary Clinton in the race for the Democratic nomination. As things stand today, he is favored to win the nomination and face Republican John McCain in November.

The campaign that has brought Obama this far is premised on the idea that he is some sort of post-partisan, transcendent figure who could bring America together and bridge the divide between the Red States and the Blue States.

But in the past couple weeks America has been getting glimpses of a Barack Obama that is nothing like this manufactured image. Between his spiritual leader’s anti-American tirades and his off-the-cuff comments, Obama is looking less like a unifying figure and more like an ultra-left political activist.

When it comes to gun rights, Obama recently stated in a press conference he believes the Second Amendment speaks to an individual right. He said, “There is an individual right to bear arms, but it is subject to common-sense regulation just like most of our rights are subject to common-sense regulation.” He explained what he means by common-sense regulation, “I think that local jurisdictions have the capacity to institute their own gun laws . . . the City of Chicago has gun laws, as does Washington, D.C.” He went on, “The notion that somehow local jurisdictions can’t initiate gun safety laws . . . isn’t borne out by our Constitution.” In other words, the DC handgun ban is okay with candidate Barack Obama.

Like many of Obama’s contradictions, his stated belief in the individual rights view of the Second Amendment is at odds with his support for DC’s categorical ban on handguns. That law is currently being challenged in District of Columbia v. Heller, now pending before the Supreme Court. Fifty five senators and 250 house members (including many Democrats in both chambers) signed a brief in that case supporting the individual rights view. Obama was not one of them.

And now we know why. As has been reported all week, in 1996 Obama filled out a candidate questionnaire where he revealed his true beliefs on all sorts of subjects, from abortion to school choice.

One question that has not gotten much attention, however, asks if Obama supports legislation to, “ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.” His one-word answer—uncommonly direct and lacking the flowery eloquence we’ve come to expect from him—was “Yes.”

His answer could cost him the presidency. Since gun control became a partisan political issue in the late 1960s, the only two Democrats to win the White House (Carter and Clinton) have done so by portraying themselves to America as moderate, “common-sense” politicians in sync with Middle America. Supporting an absolute ban on owning any pistol or revolver is at odds with a vast super-majority of Americans, and shows Barack Obama to be far outside the mainstream of American politics.

National Democrat leaders don’t support an absolute ban on handguns. Some far-left politicians from liberal strongholds such as San Francisco, Chicago (where Obama is from) and New York City may tout such extremist measures, but not anyone trying to carry Pennsylvania, Michigan or Ohio in a presidential election. The last time a Democrat nominee supported a ban on handguns was Michael Dukakis, and we all know how that election ended.

Millions of hard-working voters in swing states like Pennsylvania are staunch gun owners. Many of them don’t have a problem with what some people call “reasonable regulations” on guns, but when you start talking about banning guns outright, they vote against you. Barack Obama is now on record with just such a radical agenda.

A smoking gun in the form of a tape recording cost Richard Nixon the presidency in 1974. Another smoking gun in the form of a questionnaire could cost Barack Obama the presidency in 2008. And 90 million American gun owners will be better off if it does. (townhall)

This guy is a far lefty kook. Remember when Senator Webb (another far left kook) got busted carrying a concealed weapon at the airport… Webbs response to the media was “I carry a concealed weapon because my job puts me in danger and I have the right to protect myself”; you people can’t be trusted with a weapon, but I can because I’m a Senator, I’m at more risk than any of you; and besides, we’ll tell you who can and who can’t own a weapon here in the country where only Liberals have the intelligence to run.

Keemo on April 4, 2008 at 8:19 AM

Hey Barack…come get mine!

sabbott on April 4, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Why is it odd that a 12-year-old knows how to disassemble and reassemble a rifle? In the military you do it until you can do it blindfolded on the theory that the more you know your weapon, the less likely you are to do something stupid with it.

Seems to me to be a good lesson for a kid.

JohnTant on April 4, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Crime went down in the Commonwealth of Virginia after Governor Allen approved CC on demand. The liberals squealed like stuck pigs, but it went through anyway. Thanks, Gov Allen :)
And we know how well appeasement, pacifism and dis-armament works – look at Va Tech.

abcurtis on April 4, 2008 at 9:56 AM

Who defines common sense legislation? Obama and his ilk? Can we restrict abortion with common sense legislation like showing a woman an ultra sound first? If not, why not Obama? After all, half of the people that go into an abortion mill dont come out.
Self defense is a God-given right, enshrined in the Constitution, and allegedly protected by government (HA!). The so-called right to abortion was granted by judicial fiat – no legislature ever debated it. So it seem to me if there’s a “right” that can be controlled, it’s that one.

abcurtis on April 4, 2008 at 10:04 AM

Yes, we would. Oh, sure, there would be the idjits who’d think it great fun to draw on someone.

Up until they realize that they’ll get drawn on, too. And as my pappy used to tell me it isn’t about who’s fastest, it’s about who’s first with the most.

A few iterations will weed the idjits out of the gene pool. Smarter thugs will realize that their days of safely raping, mugging and thugging are done and over with and move on to more productive endeavors.

I R A Darth Aggie on April 4, 2008 at 10:20 AM

OK, I’m going out tomorrow to get “something” before this guy gets elected or the USSC makes some nutty decision. Any suggestions?
24K lady

If you have the money…buy the FN Five-seveN.

20 rounds of non-recoiling power.

pseudonominus on April 4, 2008 at 10:28 AM

This shows the danger of a “nobody” like Barack Obama getting the nomination. He has no record to judge him by and the little that comes to light has to do so despite the fact that the MSM is covering for him.

TooTall on April 4, 2008 at 10:56 AM

These fascistic assertions make my blood boil. America is founded on the inviolable nature of our rights. ‘Liberals’ like Obama and his vulgar ilk simply wish to declare the supremacy of the state and force us to bow our heads. Their kinda talk starts righteous wars.

My rights are subject to nothing and nobody. If you wish to come and suppress my rights, you will receive an object lesson in the merits of the 2nd Amendment.

LimeyGeek on April 4, 2008 at 1:14 PM

jerrytbg on April 3, 2008 at 9:40 PM

How do we give the lefties ammo by lawfully possessing firearms and teaching our children how and when to use them in a lawful manner?

My son got his FIRST rifle at 10. He already knew how to zero his sites, was certified in fire arms safety, was a member of the local rifle & pistol club and is a better shot than most of the Marines I served with.

Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest.

– From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”

– Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Alden Pyle on April 4, 2008 at 3:16 PM

A liberal is anti-gun, AND is black too? NOOOOO!!!!! It can’t be!!

tx2654 on April 4, 2008 at 5:19 PM

There is two decades of hard information that Barry O obviously has neither read or would believe if he did. He can’t have read it as he would know he is going to have someone point out the clash of his emotion with facts sometime. Maybe as with Wright, he is hoping to slide by. Whatever.

I guess two points, which may have already been brought up.

First, the man is untroubled by facts when it comes to taking positions he thinks will promote him.

Second, he cannot pick aides who think independently and/or listen to them. Otherwise, one would have done the homework on “shall issue” and prevailed on the boss to avoid (another) asinine statement.

Methinks he will lose unless Republicans allow him to win. Hillary will get a consolation prize instead of the nomination so she can be ready for 2012, IMO.

At least Barry disinvited Wright to his lauch party.

A Loser, dangerous to himself as well as the rest of us.

Harry Schell on April 4, 2008 at 6:10 PM