Jimmy Carter kinda sorta endorses Obama

posted at 11:05 am on April 3, 2008 by Allahpundit

Of course he has. Who else but the Messiah would our most “Christ-like” former president endorse?

Between this and the Hanoi Jane endorsement, I’m really starting to taste that spirit of nonpartisanship Obama’s been promising:

We are very interested in the primaries. Don’t forget that Obama won in my state of Georgia. My town which is home to 625 people is for Obama, my children and their spouses are pro-Obama. My grandchildren are also pro-Obama. As a Super Delegate, I would not disclose who I am rooting for but I leave you to make that guess.

When a man who only made one mistake as president tells you you’ve got the right stuff, you know you’ve got it. Exit question: Does Obama want this endorsement or not? It helps marginally with the superdelegates, I guess, although not as much as would the endorsement of the other Nobel winner in the fold. He’s already got enough Israel-related headaches from people like Wright and McPeak, though, that he doesn’t need warm fuzzies from a guy who can’t see what’s terroristic about Palestinians firing missiles into Israeli population centers and whose equation of Israeli policy with apartheid qualifies as “moronic” even by the lights of prominent liberals. If you’re worried about the threat from Iran, do you really want Jimmy Carter’s preferred candidate in charge of dealing with it?

Update: The anti-Carter responds, sort of.

Comments

Having Jimmy Carter endorse you while speaking of tough economic times, is like have Jane Fonda support you while trying to convince people you understand war.

right2bright on April 3, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Exit question: Does Obama want this endorsement or not?

Um, sure, I suppose. Just don’t let it leak outside of Berkeley.

Now, does this make Hillary the lesser of two greater evils?

rbj on April 3, 2008 at 11:11 AM

That’s an endorsement Obama can’t want.

It’s pretty hard to spin the Carter years as anything other than the 4 year slow motion car crash that it was. In Britain they could spin it but in the US? I doubt it.

Ares on April 3, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Ummmm… in a word, no.

techno_barbarian on April 3, 2008 at 11:11 AM

I’ll give President Carter’s endorsement every consideration it deserves.

TooTall on April 3, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Kiss of death. Chavez, Mugabe, 22% interest rates, gas rationing, Iran, Central America, Panama Canal. We’ll see if Barry gives it the Wright treatment.

a capella on April 3, 2008 at 11:18 AM

:O

That’s my surprised look.

RushBaby on April 3, 2008 at 11:18 AM

I know we respect the office of the POTUS. I know this. In spite of that I want someone to call Jimmy Carter out on being the worst POTUS in modern history.

Theworldisnotenough on April 3, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Having big ears myself, I can say this……. Obama’s ears must getting redder every second another dimbulb democrat supports him. Hanoi Jane now Carter….. this is too good to be true!

MNDavenotPC on April 3, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Busca della morte.

mojo on April 3, 2008 at 11:26 AM

I suddenly have a taste for some peanuts…anyone else?

p40tiger on April 3, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Who cares whether Obama wants Jimmuh’s endorsement? I’m glad he’s gotten it, implicitly or explicitly. Is there an American who was awake and aware in the late 70’s who wants to return to those “halcyon” days?

sondiehl on April 3, 2008 at 11:33 AM

I suddenly have a taste for some peanuts…anyone else?

p40tiger on April 3, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Only if you have some Billy Beer to wash them down.

BacaDog on April 3, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Oh no!!!…This can’t be good!!!

Barry’s just lost the Swamp Rabbit voting bloc.

franksalterego on April 3, 2008 at 11:37 AM

franksalterego on April 3, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Good one, I forgot, first Obama throws gutter balls, now he is backed by the president that was attacked by a “rabid” swimming rabbit while fishing.
One of the truly great presidential story gaffs ever.

right2bright on April 3, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Uhhh, no.

I wouldn’t mind being in my 20’s again…as long as I could keep the last 30 years of wisdom, of course.

Bob's Kid on April 3, 2008 at 11:45 AM

I am sure that Shillary is just busted up that she, being the “wife” of the 2nd worst President in U.S. History, didn’t get the endorsement of who was undeniably, hands down, the WORST President in U. S. History. But then again, she’s probably still pissed that Hanoi Jane turned her back on her.

pilamaye on April 3, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Obama is the new Carter. He wants us to shake off our malaise, he’s an idiot on foreign policy (and domestic policy, which is tragic), and he and his friends clearly hate the Jews.

Note to Obama: Avoid cardigans and fireplaces. At all costs.

emailnuevo on April 3, 2008 at 12:09 PM

After Jimmy and Jane, the only significant endorsement left for Barry may be Brian Williams, cornerback for the Jaguars.

a capella on April 3, 2008 at 12:35 PM

Smells like Dean spirit to me.

km on April 3, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Ah, how i don’t miss the days of Jimmah Cahtah, the ‘lusty, zesty’ president! but wait a minute, Bubba outdid even JFK in that respect…Hmmm, maybe that’s why Jimmah isn’t endorsing BJ’s ‘wife’.

Christine on April 3, 2008 at 12:57 PM

emailnuevo on April 3, 2008 at 12:09 PM

And Obama will bring back Jimmah’s Misery Index and gas lines.

Brat on April 3, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Jimmy Carter is as stupid today as he was in 1976. Nevel Chaimberlan types make dangerous leaders bacause they accellerate bad things world wide.

JIMMY, move to Cuba where you belong.

saiga on April 3, 2008 at 12:59 PM

Not hard to see where Billy Carter got his intellectual prowess.

saiga on April 3, 2008 at 1:03 PM

right2bright on April 3, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Yeh,

Like all his Donk cohorts, he was just trying to embellish his war record, and establish his street creds with the National Paddle Association.

When in fact, he should’ve been prosecuted for cruelty to animals…to wit: Soft and cuddly li’l swamp rabbits, who never “gnash their teeth” or “hiss”…They were prob’ly just curious what he had in his bait-bucket.

franksalterego on April 3, 2008 at 1:10 PM

I never see them in the same place… Think that Jimuh is wearing an Obama mask and shooting for that second term?

Claypigeon on April 3, 2008 at 1:51 PM

right2bright on April 3, 2008 at 11:10 AM

hilariously astute!
especially since she endorsed Obama as well! good show right2bright

Drunk Report on April 3, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Just keep your pets off old Jimmuh’s lawn.

Obama hasn’t been compared to a cartoon cat yet, has he?

VolMagic on April 3, 2008 at 2:12 PM