Heart-ache: ABC reporter fears Obama may have lied to him about smoking

posted at 2:52 pm on April 3, 2008 by Allahpundit

It’s Jake Tapper, whom you’ll know most recently from his skepticism about Hillary’s Marines story but may remember from his scolding of right-wing bloggers for getting inappropriately indignant over Obama’s Taliban anecdote. Bear that in mind as you read this. What right does a presidential candidate have to lie to a nosy reporter about something that’s totally irrelevant to the election and therefore none of his business? I ask you.

Obama ran off before I could ask him if he’d just snuck a smoke, so I called his campaign.

They denied it. He’d quit months before, in February, they insisted. He chewed nicorette…

Except….last night on MSNBC’s Hardball, Obama admitted that his attempt to wean himself from the vile tobacco weed had not been entirely successful…

It’s not a big deal in the scheme of things — the war on Iraq, a major economic crisis — indeed, it’s miniscule. Hardly worth mentioning.

Except that I don’t like feeling that I wasn’t being dealt with honestly. And as much as citizens who are suspect of the media might scoff at such a notion, many of us consider ourselves to be your representatives to help make sure our leaders are telling us the truth, and leading the country down a path we’re confident is the right one. (Corny, I know.)

Dare I suggest that he’s offended at Obama’s willingness to lie to him personally, not in his capacity as a representative of ABC his profession a powerful guild “the people”? Exit question: Anyone troubled by this? At all? Come forth, “people,” and speak!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

There have been two smokers in the White House for the last seven and a half years.

I quite (for the fourth or fifth time) in October. It’s tough.

baldilocks on April 3, 2008 at 3:47 PM

O.K., I can’t stand the suspense any longer. Laura and dubya both?

a capella on April 3, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Bothered by him smoking? Not remotely.

Bothered by the fact that he’s having trouble kicking the habit? Nope. He’s human.

Bothered by the fact that his attempt to quit smoking rather conveniently is timed to coincide with his run for the White House? Sort of – now I’m slightly bothered. Because its yet another example of looking for a superficial way to pander. But its politics. Who can blame him? In the media age, that picture of him smoking probably costs 100,000 votes. Some folks hate smokers.

Bothered by the fact that this is just one more in a long, long, long line of half-truths and stretched-truths and heavily spun weaselly politcking? Yeah. That bothers me. On its own, not so much. But as part of a trend in his behavior, its worth noting. He lies about his preacher and he lies blatantly about McCain’s 100 year war quote and he lies about something this minor, too …

Two words: Bill Clinton. And those two words bother me.

Professor Blather on April 3, 2008 at 4:33 PM

“It’s a toy magician’s wand. I was amusing my kids.”

argos on April 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM

I can just picture him (not really) after finishing sucking on a butt saying “I wish I could quit you!”

Corsair on April 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM

“It was taken last Halloween.”

argos on April 3, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Professor Blather on April 3, 2008 at 4:33 PM

Someone linked this list of O’Lies the other day. It’ll bother you plenty.

RushBaby on April 3, 2008 at 4:43 PM

“I couldn’t think of anything, so I went as a hobo.”

argos on April 3, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Oh, I love smokers. Love that my mom was a chain smoker and I smelled like an ashtray my whole childhood, always had a sniffly nose, got colds all the time, and the whole house was coated in a greasy gray slime.

I’m not righteous about smoking. I have a charming place in my backyard patio where smokers can partake of their addiction, and I don’t judge someone who is addicted to anything, legal or illegal. Addiction is awful and I’ve read that smoking is harder to kick than heroin.

bonnie_ on April 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM

“That is not a cigarette in my mouth. It’s a pencil joint.”

argos on April 3, 2008 at 4:31 PM

I think it is more accurate now.

PrettyD_Vicious on April 3, 2008 at 4:58 PM

I quite (for the fourth or fifth time) in October. It’s tough.

baldilocks on April 3, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Sounds like quitting is easy, you have done it five times…

right2bright on April 3, 2008 at 5:06 PM

A Presidential campaign may not be the most convenient time to quit. Just think how difficult it will be after Maverick beats him like Mondale.

THE CHOSEN ONE on April 3, 2008 at 5:11 PM

bonnie_ on April 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM

So, if you could have any candidate you want as president and he was a smoker, would you not vote for him because he would smoke in the White House? How strongly do you feel about this? You sounded pretty definite.

a capella on April 3, 2008 at 5:16 PM

O.K., I can’t stand the suspense any longer. Laura and dubya both?

a capella on April 3, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Yes. It’s known that Laura smokes cigarettes and W enjoys the occasional cigar.

baldilocks on April 3, 2008 at 5:32 PM

bonnie_ on April 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM

I assume that you regularly chastise the Bushes about this.

baldilocks on April 3, 2008 at 5:34 PM

I quite (for the fourth or fifth time) in October. It’s tough.

baldilocks on April 3, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Sounds like quitting is easy, you have done it five times…

right2bright on April 3, 2008 at 5:06 PM

True enough. It’s staying ‘quit’ that’s tough. Longest time: almost two years.

baldilocks on April 3, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Jake Tapper has been lied to, ohhhh I’d say, ABOUT a million times by liberals, and this time it bothers him…for “our sake”? What is that on his sleeve…I can’t quite make it out…it looks like…ahh, hummm…a bleeding heart!!!!!!
So, being addicted to sex is OK. Being addicted to lying, no problem. Being addicted to power, why not! Being addicted to calling everything under the bloody sun a crisis (the healthcare crisis, the climate crisis, the gasoline crisis, the one armed Dutch American living in a shoe with 45 multicultural children of diverse parentage who can’t pay his mortgage crisis…),Jake says, “the more, THE BETTER!”

But “DO NOT lie to me about s..m..o..k..i..n..g. My nose is too good for your lies Barack”

Geesh Jake…get a freakin life and while you are at it stop thinking that you represent ME. YOU DO NOT sir. You do not.

That said, if this is true, Mr Obama will be the first person who would not qualify for his own socialized medicine healthcare plan…being a smoker no doubt disqualifies one from being eligible. Thank Goodness he’s a skinny dude…unless he tries to quit and puts on a few pounds…then he’s…yeah…pretty much still disqualified….

evilcon555 on April 3, 2008 at 5:40 PM

Someone linked this list of O’Lies the other day. It’ll bother you plenty.

RushBaby on April 3, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Ho. Ly. Kee. Rap.

W enjoys the occasional cigar.

baldilocks on April 3, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Not the same. By that definition, I doubt there’s ever been a non-”smoking” President.

Professor Blather on April 3, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Obama lied? I.REFUSE.TO.BELIEVE.IT.

SouthernGent on April 3, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Not bothered, he isn’t gonna make it to the White House anyways…what bothers me is that I take care of myself, work out regularly and eat right….and everybody who chastises me for smoking a cig at night with a glass of vino while I read HA…well almost everybody…is an obese couch potato who stops at McDonald’s or some similar place for breakfast each morning on the way to work.

Oh yeah, and they all seem unable to live without their diet coke or mountain dew.

surrounded on April 3, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Yes. It’s known that Laura smokes cigarettes and W enjoys the occasional cigar.

baldilocks on April 3, 2008 at 5:32 PM

WOODRUFF: Just a couple of other questions, Mrs. Bush, about you.

It’s been reported that you smoke. Now, is this correct?
BUSH: That is not correct. I did smoke, though. I used to.

WOODRUFF: When do you give it up?

BUSH: A long time ago.
2001 interview, six months into presidency

Just settin the record straight…

right2bright on April 3, 2008 at 6:08 PM

ABC reporter fears Obama may have lied to him about smoking

Obama and lying, its like breathing.

Chakra Hammer on April 3, 2008 at 6:08 PM

And this is how this stuff spreads, from the dailykos…the ol, I don’t care but lets skewer her trick.

Laura Bush was recently in my neighborhood for a school event. And the word from folks who attended the event was that the First Lady is a chain smoker. I was curious — has anyone else heard this anywhere? I’m a former smoker. This is not meant as an anti-smoking witch-hunt. But just from the media whitewash of the thing, it would be remarkable to me if America’s Librarian was actually hanging out back behind the White House smoking Parliaments, making light chat chit re the benefits of recessed filters.

Can anybody else confirm or deny? And really, what did the president know about his wife’s addicition and when did he know it?

right2bright on April 3, 2008 at 6:11 PM

“Carville and Obama rocked the house at last years DNC Halloween Party reviving the Rat Pack. Sammy & ‘Ol Blue Eyes tore the roof off!

Casper the Friendly Host on April 3, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Ironic, a global warming alarmist sucking on a heater

Captain America on April 3, 2008 at 6:13 PM

If a man lies about smoking, and as a former smoker of about 35 years I could care less if he did. What else will he lie about. And in todays climate I’de say anything to get elected!

AMartinez on April 3, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Just settin the record straight…

right2bright on April 3, 2008 at 6:08 PM

She started back, bumming according to this. Relax. It’s not like she snort coke or anything.

baldilocks on April 3, 2008 at 6:23 PM

snorts

baldilocks on April 3, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Don’t like smokers. Don’t like ‘em, don’t like ‘em
bonnie_ on April 3, 2008 at 3:08 PM

I’m not righteous about smoking.
bonnie_ on April 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Bipolar much?

Nichevo on April 3, 2008 at 6:28 PM

I guess we can all expect to be lectured by Obama on the hazards of smoking.

Lonetown on April 3, 2008 at 6:29 PM

President Bartlett smoked, so it must be OK.

B26354 on April 3, 2008 at 6:49 PM

“I DIDN”T INHALE!”

“I did not have an addictive relationship with that cigarette, Lucky Strike…. nor the Maulburo Man.”

“It depends on what the word “smoke” means….”

“At least I can’t be accused using a cigar for amorous purposes…”

CynicalOptimist on April 3, 2008 at 7:02 PM

AP’s got it: it’s personal. These whiny liberal reporters all think they’re sympatico with the brother. Oops.

Jaibones on April 3, 2008 at 7:09 PM

Gee, Tapper us upset about Obama lying to him about smoking, but he had the guts to criticize bloggers for being upset over Obama using a lawyers trick (lies) when talking about our soldiers in a debate.

Jim C

JimC99 on April 3, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Smokers are the last group of people that can be openly discriminated against with self righteous indignation and piety. You are such a superior individual.

pistolero on April 3, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Exactly. So, is it any wonder that people lie about it? If you want to be treated courteously, you make sure no one ever sees you smoking. Smokers are treated as if they are the worst evil people on the face of the earth.

reine.de.tout on April 3, 2008 at 7:23 PM

Take a friggin vacation. I’m pretty sure that the country would be better off without you instructing people what path to choose.

What an arrogant pr@#$!

sweeper on April 3, 2008 at 7:25 PM

Just that screencap on billboards is enough to get Obama unelected.
Add the words, not strong enough to quit-not strong enough to lead…he’s toast.

Speakup on April 3, 2008 at 7:27 PM

He NEEDS the healthcare that is why he is trying to get it for free.

TroubledMonkey on April 3, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Laura Bush claims to sneak a smoke. And the one daughter smokes – Jenna, which we all know. Clinton smokes/smoked.

Nancy Reagan was a smoker, Pat Nixon smoked and Jackie Kennedy smoked up until she couldn’t anymore due to her illness.

Who really cares? Since when do Conservatives care about this? As Ann Coulter says, Liberals are the ones who try to take our rights to smoke from us and Conservatives should rally against the Nanny State attitude that the govt should make us stop, or outlaw it whereever they can.

And I remember a few years ago when Michelle and other Conservative Bloggers were not happy with the ashtray police.

So who cares if he smokes or not? I am more troubled by Jake Tapper’s nosiness.

AprilOrit on April 3, 2008 at 7:38 PM

It’s not so much his smoking I hate, it’s his lying about everything! MAJOR issues like lying about his faith, Rezko, ties/connections to Muslims, racism, patriotism, anti-Americanism/pro-Africa stands etc…I think he is a lying, deceiving, danger to America.

PoliticallyIncorrectSandy on April 3, 2008 at 7:51 PM

First he lies about a cigarette, then a cigar, then a joint, then about whether he inhales and finally he lies about getting a special coating for the cigar wrapper from his mistress in the Oval Office

It’s a slipperly slope (especially with respect to the special coating), right?

If you can’t trust someone to lie about something that’s none of your f**king business, then what can you trust them with?

jim m on April 3, 2008 at 7:51 PM

our rights to smoke

Yeah! It’s in the Constitution!

B26354 on April 3, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Hussein Obama does not care about the long term effects of smoking because he fully intends to die soon, in jihad against the great satan.

It would be the first self afflicted presidential assassination.

SaintOlaf on April 3, 2008 at 8:34 PM

If this is true, in Barry’s case would this be a white lie or a black lie?
Sorry………I couldn’t resist.

crashman on April 3, 2008 at 8:38 PM

uhm….I looked over the comments and did not see where anyone had addressed this….if so, I missed it and apologies to everyone. But what is up with the picture of BO for this? I’m most assuredly NOT in his corner, but why does that pic put me in mind of OJ’s mug shot of old??? I swear it was my first thought when i initally saw it…..who is playing games with the photography??

dustoffmom on April 3, 2008 at 9:28 PM

I don’t care that the lying goof smokes…I do care that he is a fundamentally dishonest opportunist, who would immediately sponsor a bill to criminalize tobacco…as long as it doesn’t apply to Government leaders, to mollify his Stalinist left-wing tool buddies. He would also legalize LSD, weed and crack cocaine, but since they are known to be a huge health benefit only to leftists everywhere, it would only be allowed in blue states, political appointees of the Obama administration and it’s supporters.

AUINSC on April 3, 2008 at 9:55 PM

I am surprised that everyone has missed the REAL story here…Jake Tapper, the ABC guy, he’s a racist for crying out loud. A filthy racist. Why else would he be talking like this.

JonRoss on April 3, 2008 at 9:58 PM

This is major to me! Obama is the scary example of a hypocritical nanny state dictator who takes away our private property by prohibiting smoking of any legal substances on our premises. OUR PRIVATE PROPERTY PREMISES. That is what drives me batty. George Bush and Laura should have a ball with whatever they want. They don’t try to take it away from everyone else.

p.s. Barry would be easier to beat so we have to keep him in it to win it. Let’s not hit him too hard. That bowling episode is great for November.

nemo239 on April 3, 2008 at 10:01 PM

It’s not the smoking, it’s the lying. Why do democrats lie so much? I’ll bet Hitler was a compulsive liar, too! And look at what he did for Germany! Google it, kiddies.

bluestater on April 3, 2008 at 10:29 PM

A real Marlboro Messianic Mover and Shaker! We will see it in the billboard advertisements. He was probably needing one bad when the guy pushed him for a photo the other day. “You’re wearing me out, man!”

wepeople on April 3, 2008 at 10:52 PM

I just wanna know what brand he smokes. Anybody privy to that info?

john1schn on April 4, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Where has this picture been? This is it. What’s the old adage, a picture is worth a 1000 words? If America can see this, its over. He looks ridiculous. Prediction: Obama doesn’t even get his home state. He’ll get D.C. and that’s it. At least Mondale got Minnesota, Mav will get Illinois and the rest. This picture actually just eliminated all doubt from my mind. He looks like he’s waiting for a game of 8′ball or a bag of 8′ball outside the local club. LOL,

THE CHOSEN ONE on April 4, 2008 at 12:32 AM

i recently quit, and i can tell you that it is very, very difficult. nobody has a right to get on his case about it, and it has ZERO to do with anything.

there are plenty of other things to rip him on. let’s stick to those, shall we?

homesickamerican on April 4, 2008 at 12:45 AM

I think you people are being harsh. After all, he didn’t inhale.

McCain is so going to trounce him. It’ll be the death of the Republican party but at least it won’t be the death of America and freedom across the globe.

Mojave Mark on April 4, 2008 at 12:47 AM

It would be the first self afflicted presidential assassination.

SaintOlaf on April 3, 2008 at 8:34 PM

SaintOlaf, and you call yourself a good Christian – shame on you, really. :(

AprilOrit on April 4, 2008 at 2:34 AM

there are plenty of other things to rip him on. let’s stick to those, shall we?

homesickamerican on April 4, 2008 at 12:45 AM

Exactly, my mother, my twin brother, our eldest sister and our cousin Nativ all quit together and it was crazy. I had been diagnosed with my cancer and needed to quit for obvious reasons and they followed me for their obvious reasons, support, health, fear of future illness.

It was the hardest thing we have ever done together, and we have done many hard things together as a family – karaoke in a very crowded room, white water rafting, rock climbing and wind surfing, eating bugs on vacation overseas.

Quitting the smoking was a challenge we almost thought we could not accomplish. But we did and my mother still talks about how tough it was to this day.

AprilOrit on April 4, 2008 at 2:44 AM

Just another 5-10 million to vote from him from the “it is hard to quit” crowd.

davod on April 4, 2008 at 7:49 AM

Just another 5-10 million to vote from him from the “it is hard to quit” crowd.

davod on April 4, 2008 at 7:49 AM

that’s pretty pessimistic.

but you may be overestimating, since i won’t be voting for him and neither will aprilorit (i assume)…

homesickamerican on April 4, 2008 at 7:55 AM

What’s his poison? Newports or Kools??

manfriend on April 4, 2008 at 8:16 AM

I think we’re running out of things to b!tch about.

Ernest on April 4, 2008 at 8:47 AM

I’m a former smoker. I quit 20 years ago this past January after numerous bouts of bronchitis and respiratory infections. My doctor said quit and I did. So I sort of sympathize with Obama in this area because quitting is difficult but not impossible.
Like a previous poster my dislike for Obama is not his smoking or lying about it, but what he stands for.

abcurtis on April 4, 2008 at 8:50 AM

My guess is Tapper would be happier if Obama was tokin’ a joint instead. But that’s just my opinion.

abcurtis on April 4, 2008 at 8:53 AM

Personally, I want a president that does bong hits and releases a million people from the prison system that don’t belong there. That would be a great start to downsizing government expenditures. An above post says something about the death of the Republican party. It needs to die, seeing it’s doubled the size of government and government spending in the last seven years. I’m an independent(was a Republican until the Talibangelists got a foothold with Reagan), but if I had to choose, Libertarian would be the way to go. Get government out of our lives. The Dems and Republicans have been playing “good cop,bad cop” with us for about 100 years. Time for that to end.

adamsmith on April 4, 2008 at 9:20 AM

pistolero on April 3, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Nothing self righteous about it. I don’t care if someone wants to wreck their own health, but smoking leaves a nasty stinking slime on everything. Are you trying to say it doesn’t?

txsurveyor on April 4, 2008 at 9:31 AM

Smoking, I don’t really care. Stop/Start smoking I don’t really care how often or whether campaign officials are kept up to date with Obama’s latest ‘smoking status’. This is a presidential campaign! The real nugget here is the last line about ‘informing’ Americans about leading the country down the right path. Is this reporting news or opinion? Who do they represent? Let the people decide what the right path is – we do not need your interpretation.

jerseyman on April 4, 2008 at 9:38 AM

Translation: Reporters know better about what is the Truth and what is the CORRECT path for the country because we’re special. We have access to the Truth. We understand every nuance of every word uttered by those who seek to lead us (even when we aren’t there in person), and we know every possible context in which these words were spoken. We wring our hands over every possible meaning associated with each word, and we only print the meaning we think makes sense, because….. nothing else makes sense to us.

As Sir Winston Churchill might have said, Journalists (reporters, editors, publishers, TV personalities, and pundits) and “the People” (Americans) are two peoples divided by a common language. Because, as we all know, the English language can never be misunderstood, misstated, or misinterpreted by journalists, but all the rest of us peons can’t understand when we are told in no uncertain terms by journalists that we can’t win in Iraq, we are what is wrong with the world today, and everyone else in the world hates us because of George W Bush, except all those folks who want to come here to live, and who want to buy American products so they can be cool like us, and every country that insists we take the lead in saving Darfur, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Africa, and Europe with our money.

Without a journalist to tell me so, how would I ever know my Mommy loved me, and my Dad was a tough old man? I guess it is a good thing I can’t read.

Subsunk

Subsunk on April 4, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Just blame it on big tobacco, and raise taxes on that industry. It dovetails nicely with your economic package.

Saltysam on April 4, 2008 at 10:42 AM

He doesn’t mind that Obama used lawyer lies in his story about our troops, but sneaking a smoke is causing a heartache? Tapper needs to get some priorities.

Think_b4_speaking on April 3, 2008 at 2:57 PM

and testosterone?

Branch Rickey on April 4, 2008 at 11:48 AM

The correct response, of course, would be “None of your damn business. Piss off.”…

mojo on April 4, 2008 at 11:55 AM

I quit one year, eleven months, and nine days ago. I did the laser acupuncture thing. It worked like magic. I’d always had trouble trying to quit; cold turkey, patches, gum, writing down when I had a cigarette, some little machine that was supposed to tell you when to have one… This worked. Immediately. I haven’t had one since, haven’t “needed” one. There have been thoughts of having one, but those thoughts are fleeting.

I emailed Obama around a year ago to recommend the people I used (I’m from the Chicago area and there’s an office downtown). I never heard back from him and it seems he didn’t take my advice.

kimsch on April 4, 2008 at 12:10 PM

“I don’t dislike Obama because he’s a smoker, I dislike him because he’s a liar. But I still don’t want him smoking in the House.”
bonnie_ on April 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM
I take it you mean that you don’t want BO smoking in any house, office, etc. It’s arrogant to smoke indoors unless you live alone. I don’t even like it when i smell cigarette smoke when someone is hanging their butt out their car window. (That brings up some interesting images).

I was kinda shocked when I found out that Ann Coulter is a smoker but that doesn’t change the admiration I have for her brilliant mind–most of the time. She isn’t running for office either. I’d like an honest person to be living in Our House, pretty please.

Christine on April 4, 2008 at 12:36 PM

I’m surprised that there are not any photos of Chris Matthews lighting Obama’s cigarettes.
If Mr. Tapper feels that it’s his job to be a truth teller,here is where to start. How about Obama’s inconsistent claims about Reverend Wright. On the View, he said Wright is like anybody else who has said five or six five or six dumb things in his life but according to Obama, right wing radio keeps playing the five or six dumb things that Wright said. The View appreance was after his speech in Philly, where Obama fessed up that he has sat in the pews on numerous occasions where Wright made “fierce criticisms” of American policy. So which is it Barack? Either Wright said four or five dumb things or Wright frequently made “many fierce criticisms of American foreign policy” while Barack was in the pews? Which is it? Obama can talk out of both sides of his mouth and the media sits there like a bunch of sheep, or in the case of Chris Matthews,it seems that the excitement goes from his feet to his ………

Larraby on April 4, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Aren’t you missing the big point?
Even rich, smart, eloquent, charismatic (half-black) politician can be a helpless VICTIM of those EVIL BIG CORPORATES.

Here is Obama trying to be just like “one of us”.

Sir Napsalot on April 4, 2008 at 1:05 PM

AprilOrit on April 4, 2008 at 2:34 AM

Why? Because I openly stated THE FACT that Barack Hussein Obama is a muslim, and like any good muslim, fully intends on dying in jihad in order to reach the 7th level of heaven?

I guess that speaking the truth is now considered a “hate crime”.

You better call the “thought police” and have them arrest me for my “racism”.(I’m not sure how speaking against islam is racism…but I’m sure they’ll find a way to connect it…after they figure out what to do with the fact that BHO’s white mother was a muslim).

It is a sad day when speaking the truth is considered “bigotry” or a “hate crime”.

SaintOlaf on April 4, 2008 at 1:05 PM

I encourage his habit. Have another one Home Boy. Smoke, smoke those cigarettes. Unfiltered taste better. Try one.

UnEasyRider on April 4, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Yes, it does bother me that he smokes cigarettes. I hope he hides it from children so that they do not think it is cool.
It never bothered me that Gerald Ford smoked a pipe. Bill Clinton’s cigars did not bother me (as long as he just inhaled). But, now I have children so I worry what examples are set for them.

KW64 on April 4, 2008 at 6:26 PM

AprilOrit on April 4, 2008 at 2:34 AM

I guess that speaking the truth is now considered a “hate crime”.

SaintOlaf on April 4, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Oh hon you are still on this, after how many weeks??

You know he isn’t a Muslim and I thought you were a good Christian and didn’t tell fibs? No? We covered this so long ago.

It’s not the truth and you know it, so stop being just plain unkind.

AprilOrit on April 5, 2008 at 1:38 AM

What’s his poison? Newports or Kools??

manfriend on April 4, 2008 at 8:16 AM

I started with Kools, moved to Newports, then to Newport Lights, then Camel lights, then Marlboro Lights and quit.

I remember in High School we were all smoking methol, which is the worst. My Mother smoked Benson & Hedges Menthol 100s and at one time my older sister smoked Larks – remember them? Ugh.

Are they even still around?

AprilOrit on April 5, 2008 at 1:42 AM

at one time my older sister smoked Larks – remember them? Ugh.

Are they even still around?

AprilOrit on April 5, 2008 at 1:42 AM

they are in japan. i never smoked that brand when i lived there, but friends of mine did…

homesickamerican on April 5, 2008 at 4:41 AM

So… this is the lie they want to get all bent out of shape over? Smoke and mirrors people, smoke and mirrors.

TheCulturalist on April 6, 2008 at 1:40 AM