Alert The Media: CNN appearance tonight Update: video added

posted at 6:00 pm on April 3, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

I’ll be making a return trip to CNN tonight, to join Amanda Carpenter and Nico Pitney on Campbell Brown’s show, Election Center. We’ll discuss the chatter from the blogosphere and the stories that get the most attention from blog readers regarding the presidential election. I offered to provide analysis on the Casablanca remake by Madonna, but CNN wisely waved off from that topic.

Be sure to tune in at 8 pm ET tonight. I’ll post the video later this evening.

Update: Here’s the video, and thanks for the comments. I think the last appearance was a little better than this one, but each time I learn something new. Again, CNN did a great job making us feel comfortable, and Campbell Brown was generous as a host.

Comments

How did you the Goracle to appear?

corona on April 3, 2008 at 6:02 PM

Will somebody marry Amanda Carpenter and get it over with?

Indy Conservative on April 3, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Ed, thanks for putting up the womans picture, instead of yours.. ;)

/just kidding. :P

Chakra Hammer on April 3, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Here’s her bio on Townhall:

NOTHING.

Indy Conservative on April 3, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Will somebody marry Amanda Carpenter and get it over with?

Indy Conservative on April 3, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Obligatory “I’ll take one for the team” post.

Hollowpoint on April 3, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Amanda is easy to look at but I still miss ‘The Vent’ and especially Bethany

Wade on April 3, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Only problem is, my wife will wonder why I’m watching CNN for the first time ever. (except I’ve watched Glenn Beck a couple of times).

I know, I’ll say, Glenn Beck recommended this show on his show.

kirkill on April 3, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Something about that naturally breezy hair.

crosspatch on April 3, 2008 at 6:51 PM

watching, make us proud Ed :)

trailortrash on April 3, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Hollowpoint,

I must insist that I be the one to take one for the team. lol.

BobUSMC on April 3, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Three words come to mind when I see Amanda’s picture. “Ouch, naughty kitty.”

JoeCald on April 3, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Something about that naturally breezy hair.

crosspatch on April 3, 2008 at 6:51 PM

I agree, there older ones of Michelle that I particularly like. Here is one. She used to have one on her blog header that was really hot.

Wade on April 3, 2008 at 8:08 PM

Ed,
Just saw you on CNN. I only watched because of YOU and I have been reading your blog for years. You were superfine and really handled that biography thing with grace and aplomb. The Obama guy you probably couldn’t see looked like he had inadvertently spit up something foul but had to swallow it. Be sure to watch the tape.

marybel on April 3, 2008 at 8:50 PM

Nice seeing you Ed, and nice work on CNN. CNN should have given you guys more time. After all, you guys represent realtime people who happen to tune in a little more than the average viewer. So CNN, Campbell lets get with it, more time for our blogger leaders.

Legions on April 3, 2008 at 8:53 PM

Amanda is easy to look at but I still miss ‘The Vent’ and especially Bethany

Wade on April 3, 2008 at 6:28 PM

I think Bethany innocently and mistakenly decided to read the comments at HotAir on one of her videos, and decided that public video might not be the career for her.

She a librarian now, which, ironically, is hot.

Jaibones on April 3, 2008 at 8:58 PM

I am 26, and still a virgin.

Count me in, if you would :-).

HotAirJosef on April 3, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Amanda is easy to look at but I still miss ‘The Vent’ and especially Bethany

Wade on April 3, 2008 at 6:28 PM

I miss those also! >:{

Would like to see more Ham as well.. >:}

Chakra Hammer on April 3, 2008 at 9:54 PM

Golly gee. That’s a purty lady.

BowHuntingTexas on April 3, 2008 at 9:55 PM

“Fulfilling a backdoor campaign promise to the pro-homosexual Log Cabin Republicans…

Using that expression in a (literally) holier-than-thou ad like that is unintentionally hysterical.

ErikTheRed on April 3, 2008 at 10:04 PM

A semi-coherent analysis from someone from HuffPo?!?!? Color me shocked.

Ed, great job as always! You represent us well!

Amanda, if you’re reading this, you’re a lovely lady, but your eyebrows don’t need to curl around your eyes like that. Otherwise…an A!

SouthernGent on April 3, 2008 at 10:11 PM

That Niko guy seemed like he totally didn’t wanted to be there.

terryannonline on April 3, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Nicely done Ed. And you are right McCain is toast if he can’t raise money. And he won’t unless he at least tries to appeal to the conservative base. Personally, I doubt he will even attempt to do so.

Zorro on April 3, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Ed, I used to be a fan of yours. But until I know how you and Michelle and Allah stand on MLK Day in Arizona I’m going to have to severely temper my approval.

snaggletoothie on April 3, 2008 at 10:44 PM

Just watched, great performance!
As I would probably get shell shocked in front of a camera, please do not be harsh on me.

But…With a name like Morrissey, not sure what you lineage is , but you look like a cajun (which I am), or an Italian, talking with your hands. Get rid of it. I do it all the time, but if you want to be a supa-star on CNN, get rid of the hands.

Also, loosen up a little bit. You were great in your dialog, but you just seemed a lil uptight. If it takes it, get yourself a Heiney or New Castle before a viewing. Or just coach yourself in front of a mirror.

Just constructive criticism. As I said, I would freeze if I were in your shoes. You got more balls than me!

But you were great and looking forward to seeing you in da tube much more in the future!

PS – I had way too many Heiney’s at this point!

lsutiger on April 3, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Gosh, Ed, you are sooo Minnesoota, don’tcha know.

playblu on April 3, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Ed, Congrats…to use the language of my son, U PWNED! that metro-lib on the whole biography point. Kudo’s.

AntonDomi on April 3, 2008 at 11:43 PM

WAIT! What?!? Was Ed on there? I must have missed him, I was much too smitten by the beautiful Amanda! I couldn’t see anything else! hee hee hee!

Vntnrse on April 3, 2008 at 11:49 PM

That’s the nastiest ‘bait and switch’ I have even seen. Amanda on the cover, and smilin’ Ed inside. Ugh…

Jaibones on April 4, 2008 at 12:09 AM

not my type, but she’s got a nice smile…

homesickamerican on April 4, 2008 at 12:46 AM

Will somebody marry Amanda Carpenter and get it over with?

Indy Conservative on April 3, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Will Amanda Carpenter marry somebody and have children, so it won’t be over with?

Kralizec on April 4, 2008 at 1:04 AM

What’s the deal with these segments? Last time it was the same – two conservatives and one liberal. And it’s not even Fox News!!11

amkun on April 4, 2008 at 4:25 AM

How did you [get] the Goracle to appear?

corona on April 3, 2008 at 6:02 PM

I thought you had to look into a mirror and say his name 3 times.

James on April 4, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Amanda is absolutely, fantastically GORGEOUS! A much preferred picture, of course, and, yes, that’s why we’d watch. Why else? Words spoken? What words…

Roger Brown on April 4, 2008 at 9:48 AM

OK, now that almost all of the comments have been about cheesecake, time for a serious comment:
What’s the big deal about J-Mac’s temper? Isn’t “Give-em-he** Harry” Truman one of our heroes?

jgapinoy on April 4, 2008 at 9:58 AM

She’s got a purty mouth.

Geronimo on April 4, 2008 at 10:19 AM

KP who?

Amanda you are smokin’!

Encore, encore!

roninacreage on April 4, 2008 at 10:27 AM

Ed… good showing.

Yes – a beer, a shot, or glass of wine a few minutes before your appearance and I guarantee you’ll be happy with the results when you view the recording afterwards.

CliffHanger on April 4, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Once this bio campaign winds down, McCain at some point soon should re-introduce himself to conservatives by focusing on three issues – WOT, fiscal policy, and abortion.

CliffHanger on April 4, 2008 at 11:15 AM

CliffHanger on April 4, 2008 at 11:15 AM

And illegal immigration.

Johan Klaus on April 4, 2008 at 1:30 PM

I’m sorry, Ed, but once you started talking, I just kept rewinding it back…

Put me on the list for taking one for the team… Heck, I’ll even play wingman.

Signalfire_WI on April 4, 2008 at 5:35 PM

Ed… nice job this time out. Amanda’s always her royal hotness.

*cue Beatles music* I have to admit, it’s getting better, a little better all the time…

Mojave Mark on April 4, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Ed, you (and Amanda!) did great. Loved your point about Obama’s lack of anything BUT a biography.

Ironically, I just bought Barack’s bio Hopes and Dreams for our library (yes, I’m a librarian, Jailbones – don’t get too excited, I joined the profession before teh hotness set in!) … and even his bio itself is light – a mere 128 pages, written by a People staffer. Empty suit, indeed.

Speaking of suits, Ed, you looked great – but I’d love to see you in a navy suit with a light-blue shirt and blue-patterned tie. I think blue would go really well with your coloring and highlight those smilin’ eyes. ;) Plus a generous use of blue might draw in a few wandering lefties. We’ll take ‘em any way we can get ‘em.

Rosmerta on April 4, 2008 at 10:23 PM