Surprise: Jesse Ventura’s a Truther

posted at 7:42 pm on April 2, 2008 by Allahpundit

As my esteemed colleague once said of him, “he’s not terribly bright, nor is he terribly interesting.” True, but he thinks he is, which is the first step down the path to Truth. Here’s the proof from Prison Planet, which has audio too if you’re willing to sit through a meeting of the minds between Ron Paul’s chat buddy and a guy who used to wrestle in a feather boa.

“I kicked myself when it initially happened that the light didn’t go off but I was so shocked that this thing had even taken place that I apologize for not being more aware,” said Ventura, adding that watching Loose Change at the insistence of his son was part of the catalyst for his wake up call…

“When I finally did watch it I went through every emotion you could imagine, from laughing, crying, getting sick to my stomach, to the whole emotional thing,” said the former Governor.

“To me questions haven’t been answered and are not being answered about 9/11,” said Ventura, before highlighting the collapse of Building 7, a 47-story tall skyscraper that was not hit by a plane but collapsed in its own footprint in the late afternoon of September 11…

“Two planes struck two buildings….but how is it that a third building fell 5 hours later?” asked Ventura, “How could this building just implode into its own footprint 5 hours later – that’s my first question – the 9/11 Commission didn’t even devote one page to that in their big volume of investigation,” added the former Governor.

Here’s how the building fell five hours later, with apologies to his expert opinion as a structural engineer ex-Navy SEAL that “there’s no doubt that that building was brought down with demolition.” Am I mistaken in thinking he’s the first, ahem, “major” politician — governor, senator, or emeritus — to out himself as a free-thinkin’ fool on this subject? I can recall congressmen who have flirted with it (Kucinich, McKinney) but no one any higher on the totem pool. Congrats, Jesse. Exit question: Guest shot at Truthstock?

Comments

Maybe all the steroids messed up his head.

JammieWearingFool on April 2, 2008 at 7:45 PM

The effects of years of steroid abuse…?

d1carter on April 2, 2008 at 7:46 PM

Plus repeated blows to his head.

rbj on April 2, 2008 at 7:47 PM

I ain’t got time to bleed think.

Cuffy Meigs on April 2, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Unfastened Coins, and more funneh from Maddox (this is Maddox, so take that as your content warning).

doubleplusundead on April 2, 2008 at 7:50 PM

Has he been hanging with Ted Turner. . .

Texyank on April 2, 2008 at 7:50 PM

Pro-wrestler claims event was staged.

Film at 11.

pedestrian on April 2, 2008 at 7:51 PM

The guy lived to jump off ropes, leg locking a head or two, jump backwards in the air and was a known alcoholic.

Maybe he needs to go back to WWE, or whatever it is called now, to spread him “Truthing” ways!

upinak on April 2, 2008 at 7:56 PM

There must be something in the water in Minnesota…

There’s one question no truther seems to be able to answer tho…IF the WTC, twin towers and all, WERE controlled demo, why would they need to bring down Building 7 at all?

Not that any truther scenario makes any sense…but why bother with blowing up Building 7? Hours later, no less?

JetBoy on April 2, 2008 at 7:59 PM

He nearly got his ass kicked at the UDT/SEAL Reunion a couple of years ago when he starting spouting off about all of his crazed truther BS to a bunch of drunken SEALs just back from Iraq.

Another story: At the reunion after party at McP’s pub in Coronado, I met a couple of gals from South Dakota that were merely tourists who stumbled into a giant SEAL party. They asked me about Jesse and if I could take their picture with him and I went over and asked him to snap a pic with them. He proceeded to ask them where they were from and when they replied, he berated them for being from South Dakota because their state’s legislature had passed a ban on abortion. WTF?

The guy is a toolbag and a loser and he has the “Captain Jack Sparrow” beard with the beads in it. Teh Ghey! He doesn’t even live in the US anymore. He lives down in Baja California, Mexico.

Froggy on April 2, 2008 at 8:01 PM

Riiiiiiight! (backing away slowly)

Paging Bill Nye the Science Guy! We have an intervention, STAT!

moxie_neanderthal on April 2, 2008 at 8:02 PM

I like this line from “Truthstock”.

Daniel Sunjata… one of People’s 50 most beautiful people speaks out about the ugly truth behind the 9/11 cover-up.

Only in trutherland would being one of People’s 50 most beautiful people get you on an expert panel.

Complete7 on April 2, 2008 at 8:03 PM

dammit, I was thinking about voting for him, now I have to pray that Barr gets the LP nomination.

libertytexan on April 2, 2008 at 8:04 PM

With the energy, that was released in the collapse I’m surprised that more buildings didn’t go down.

Chakra Hammer on April 2, 2008 at 8:09 PM

I haven’t seen or heard of Jesse since he was governor,
then he was on Larry king last night and the crap coming
out of his mouth blew my mind!

The only thing I can come up with is when Jesse was in the
movie Predator,and his fellow actor says,”your bleeding”,
Jesse says “I don’t have time to bleed”,then the comical
line,”well,do you have time to duck”.He must of banged his
head pretty good making the movie!

Heres,the part I don’t get.Jesse claims that biulding the
fence along the Mexican border,is a fence to keep people in
like the Berlin Wall from East Germany!Go figure!

Its getting nauseateing to the consistent drumbeat from some
people who believe the United States is one step away from a gun towers!Kooks,Moonbats,and Truthers oh my!

But,I guess since Jesse has no use for either political party,Liberal or Republican he can say what ever he wants.
He says when he was governor he had to watch his P and Q’s,
but boy hes talkin now!

canopfor on April 2, 2008 at 8:09 PM

doubleplusundead on April 2, 2008 at 7:50 PM

I love Maddox. I can read his stuff again and again and still laugh like it’s the first time. This debunking of the Truther BS is one of my favorites.

Jesse Ventura’s head is just a can of tomato paste at this point and it shows.

NTWR on April 2, 2008 at 8:09 PM

Bigger surprise: Jesse Ventura can still make headlines.

emailnuevo on April 2, 2008 at 8:15 PM

His 9/11 logic is about as real as his former profession in the ring.

geckomon on April 2, 2008 at 8:18 PM

Jesse Ventura was given an award for valor while in the military. He saved the lives of his squad when he used his head to dampen the blast of a grenade.

Due to the unnatural thickness of his skull, the only damage done was a slight ringing in his ears.

evilned on April 2, 2008 at 8:20 PM

I’m actually feeling depressed right now. Why do truthers exist? Isn’t there some limit to human stupidity?

I suppose truthers are harmless compared to muslims.

thuja on April 2, 2008 at 8:21 PM

With the energy,that was released in the collapse I’m
surprised that more buildings didn’t go down.

Chakra Hammer on April 2,2008 at 8:09PM.

Chakra Hammer:Were on the same page,I think the terminal
speed of the Towers at impact was 300 MPH.

That makes the worlds biggest jack hammers!

canopfor on April 2, 2008 at 8:22 PM

Oh,since this was on Larry King last nite
there should be a video,no!

canopfor on April 2, 2008 at 8:23 PM

Isn’t there some limit to human stupidity?

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

psrch on April 2, 2008 at 8:26 PM

Just asking questions.

Like how come anyone even cares what Jesse Ventura “thinks?”
[and I use "thinks" loosely]

Branch Rickey on April 2, 2008 at 8:27 PM

Jesse’s face next to Ted Turner’s… what’s in common?
That big orifice south of their shnozz

silverfox on April 2, 2008 at 8:31 PM

I’d like to hear a variety of opinions on this matter. What says Mr T?

moxie_neanderthal on April 2, 2008 at 8:32 PM

This guy was Governor? Scary.

WisCon on April 2, 2008 at 8:33 PM

thuja on April 2, 2008 at 8:21 PM

I am guessing the answers to your questions: 1) I guess even metaphorically we all have a cross to bear

2) After seeing some of the Freaks on YouTube I am thinking there is no limit to human stupidity.

Of course, I thought in 8th grade that Madonna was a one hit wonder so….(if only!)

Branch Rickey on April 2, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Jesse The body Ventura lmao

vinllo on April 2, 2008 at 8:46 PM

In case you were wondering if it were possible that a state would be insane enough to elect Al Franken to the Senate… he would be only the second craziest dumbass that state elected. Thanks Minnesota!

Sugar Land on April 2, 2008 at 8:48 PM

He wasn’t a SEAL. He was UDT.

purpleslog on April 2, 2008 at 8:52 PM

I don’t know, if any politician knows anything about Demolition, it’s Jesse “The Body” Ventura. He called many of their matches.

Keljeck on April 2, 2008 at 9:00 PM

Vote Reform: It’s better than being sane!

ZK on April 2, 2008 at 9:21 PM

I think he’s been pile-driven too many times.

El Guapo on April 2, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Wow! I always thought he was smarter than that!

Just kidding — I’ve always thought he was a dumb ass. :)

wytammic on April 2, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Ugh. McKinney. ::shudder:: That woman is an embarrassment to the state of Georgia. Kinda like Ventura is to his state.

Heh. On second thought, maybe they really are a perfect pair.

ScaryBiscuits on April 2, 2008 at 9:51 PM

What do you expect from a guy who gets rattled by Garrison Keillor?

furytrader on April 2, 2008 at 9:54 PM

The former governor may rate a mention in the future book, The Decline and Fall of the American Empire.

JiangxiDad on April 2, 2008 at 10:01 PM

I actually lived in MN was this guy was governor. It was a monumental waste of 4 years. I’m talking biblical proportions.

No he was not a Seal, he was not ever in combat in Vietnam and whenever he opened his mouth a rainbow of excrement would fall out.

The man is an idiot and the MN’ers that voted for him are bigger idiots.

Sammy316 on April 2, 2008 at 10:01 PM

I often ask Truthers if they think the gov’t blew up the third building, what they think the reason was. I mean, what do do they think the gov’t accomplish by doing that which they didn’t already with the Twin Towers? To date, I have yet to hear a Truther response to that question.

NorthernCross on April 2, 2008 at 10:04 PM

This guy is a fraud and a freak at the circus.

Hummer53 on April 2, 2008 at 10:21 PM

“not very bright or interesting” Hell, lets try stupid, naive, and a bore.

Ok I admit I am from Mn, yes I voted for him as a protest vote and lost. Yes, I am a bit biased from his policies.

allrsn on April 2, 2008 at 11:29 PM

There is a reason why his nic was “the body” as opposed to the mind.

awake on April 2, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Airheads kiddin’ Airheads…’s
How’s that go…?

J_Gocht on April 2, 2008 at 11:47 PM

I’m quite infatuated with the new word “beclowned”. Clearly this nitwit has beclowned himself yet again. I am starting to think that he sort of defines the word.

Jaibones on April 2, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Every {Ventura the} body knows that fire cannot melt steel.

Johan Klaus on April 3, 2008 at 12:15 AM

9/11 was an outside job!!!

Dollayo on April 3, 2008 at 1:11 AM

Steroids and chairshots will do that to an aging man’s brain…

SuperCool on April 3, 2008 at 2:08 AM

I’d like to hear a variety of opinions on this matter. What says Mr T?

Something tells me Mr. T is a lot smarter than this. Wouldn’t surprise me if he sees right though the Obamessiah, too.

Kensington on April 3, 2008 at 3:30 AM

what a weenie.

homesickamerican on April 3, 2008 at 5:46 AM

And this is a surprise because? You forgot professional wrestler. To paraphrase that great American, Homer Simpson – “Politicians and wrestlers – is there anything they dont know?”

abcurtis on April 3, 2008 at 7:59 AM

I’m shocked that a man who used to run around in a feather boa and call himself the “Sexual Tyranasaurus” could be so stupid! I mean, this rank stupidity comes right out of the blue! I mean, I’m going through every emotion you could imagine, I’m laughing, crying, getting sick to my stomach, to . . . the whole emotional thing!

srhoades on April 3, 2008 at 8:39 AM

One too many body slams finally freed his head from his arse. Now he is able to see the light and it is so bright that it is blinding and appears to be giving him migraines.

MSGTAS on April 3, 2008 at 10:04 AM

Somebody ask Garrison Keillor about those horrible Zionists. I’m sure he’s dying to tell us, and then we will know for certain if there’s really an epidemic of stupid in Minnesota.

WasatchMan on April 3, 2008 at 7:38 PM

He got PWN3D on O&A today. Little Jimmy Norton did not let him get away with his Truther crap and bullying debate tactics.

Jim Treacher on April 9, 2008 at 1:36 AM