Stephanopoulos: Hillary told Richardson that Obama can’t win

posted at 8:36 pm on April 2, 2008 by Allahpundit

Why this should qualify as a bombshell worthy of above-the-fold treatment at Drudge is beyond me considering (a) Mark Penn said the same thing on a conference call two weeks ago; (b) it’s the whole crux of her argument to the superdelegates, especially post-Wright; and (c) there’s at least some evidence to suggest that it’s true, although most — starting with his fundraising numbers — points the other way. Watch, however, as the magic of media narrative-framing transforms this into a horrible breach of etiquette on her part, in much the same way that it’s no longer part of polite political discourse to remind people precisely what it was that Jeremiah Wright said. And yes, before you ask, of course it’ll be spun as some sort of racial ploy, just as BJ’s wholly innocent “fairy tale” comment was disingenuously spun by Obama’s team to suggest that he meant a black politician can never win. This’ll be demagogued the same way, as the wicked witch’s supposed attempt to suffocate the flame of belief that lit up among black voters after Iowa. Naturally, a private conversation with your new enemy Bill Richardson is exactly the moment you’d want to put Operation: Hope-Kill into action.

Comments

Hillary: I will survive.

silverfox on April 2, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Someone’s got a crush on Hilldog.

VolMagic on April 2, 2008 at 8:40 PM

although most — starting with his fundraising numbers — points the other way

Ron Paul called to say hello…

AndrewsDad on April 2, 2008 at 8:42 PM

Drudge is really blowing this out of proportion. It must be a slow news day.

SoulGlo on April 2, 2008 at 8:45 PM

You know, maybe it’s time the heads of the Democratic Party say enough is enough and officially pull the plug on Shillary once and for all.

pilamaye on April 2, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Hmmm, what’s with Steph’s sh!t-eating grin when he’s talking about Clinton-Richardson? Some bad blood from back in the day?

Cuffy Meigs on April 2, 2008 at 8:46 PM

You know, I realized that Coke with real sugar tastes a lot better than that high fructose corn syrup crap.

This is far more important than whatever it is this thread is on about.

Weebork on April 2, 2008 at 8:50 PM

I think Hillary is hoping:

Let it be said,so it is written,good luck Hill!

And Stephanopoulos was on the Clinton two term
team,so hum,who’s Steppy backing Hillary or Obama!

canopfor on April 2, 2008 at 8:55 PM

I’m no friend of the Clintons, but Mr. Carville is right “Richardson is Judas”.

Entelechy on April 2, 2008 at 9:02 PM

He can’t win. She can’t win. Maverick was, will be, and is the antidote to liberal presidential poison. If I were him I’d go ahead and start naming my cabinet and plan his presidential ball.

THE CHOSEN ONE on April 2, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Ethnic partiality will be what finally kills this nation. The (white) presidents since Kennedy have bent over backwards to mollify the various races, but it has amounted to nothing in their minds. It’s a waste of time to hope for maturity from the public.

leftnomore on April 2, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Out for more popcorn!

Panem et circenses, Dem style.

profitsbeard on April 2, 2008 at 9:15 PM

What else is she supposed to say? Geez! Democrats really are stupid!

SouthernGent on April 2, 2008 at 9:15 PM

Stephanopoulos & Gibson.

Operation Co-Ass.

fogw on April 2, 2008 at 10:01 PM

“Five times to my face [Richardson] said that he would never do that,”

– - Bill Clinton

I don’t care who you are, or how you feel, or whom you will vote fore, Richardson is Judas. I’m not just quoting Carville either. Disloyalty of friends is one of the ugliest things in life.

Also, Druge is insane. Why post that picture, on top of that large statement.

Worry not, I won’t vote for Hillary. However, I’m beginning to side with her camp because even for the Clintons, it’s hype that is taking place here.

Entelechy on April 2, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Entelechy on April 2, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Every once in awhile, I feel a tiny twinge of pity for Hillary. The media has turned on her so, is so actively working to defeat her, while literally – LITERALLY – affixing a halo atop the hallowed head of her political opponent. Then I remember: Oh yeah, they’re treating her like a Republican. And when the dem contest is settled, they’ll turn their vitriol on McCain, and Hillary will be front and center in the mudfest. Then, that tiny twinge of pity just evaporates. Screw her.

Rational Thought on April 2, 2008 at 10:41 PM

I agree. I stated 4 weeks ago that the dimmo’s are too prejudiced to allow a black person to win. They are leaping out of their skins trying to figure out what to do. They cannot lose their black support and face a uprising if they show themselves for what they are. What a rock and hard place they are between, by their own doing.

Wright is just a start, the fun has not yes begun!

allrsn on April 2, 2008 at 11:23 PM

That should have been “Drudge is insane”.

Rational Thought, of course…all of it.

Entelechy on April 2, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Is Hillary better positioned for a future possible run if Obama wins the nomination and then loses the general?

I have heard this is her one and only run for the White House but I have a very hard time believing that.

She will have herself frozen for four or eight years as to not age if she has to.

EJDolbow on April 3, 2008 at 12:20 AM

I need to take a break from all of this tripe…

OK, I’m back, to start with…….

Wait, a posting with Mary Katherine Ham????

……. and something shiny in the corner to boot?

Seven Percent Solution on April 3, 2008 at 12:50 AM

Hillary in August:

revolution on April 3, 2008 at 1:03 AM

The more people express themslves the more uncomfortable the Democrats get with the whole democratic process.
And it is becoming more and more obvious that the final decision will be up to the superdelegates. And the superdelegates don’t want to have to accept responsibility. The smart ones want to hang back and get as much as they can out of the process but they sure don’t want to face the ire of the loser. Especially since it seems that the losers are going to be way more pissed than usual this year.

BTW Why doesn’t anyone refer to Bill as the impeached former president? Is that not the correct historical context?

snaggletoothie on April 3, 2008 at 2:00 AM

This is no longer an election about who will be the better Democratic candidate for President. This is about a power-obsessed couple who will do anything and everything to get back into the White House, and who have long last exposed themselves to both be deceptive liars. I am just amazed that the heads of the Democratic Party, Dean especially, haven’t just come right out and pulled the rug out form under the Clintons.

pilamaye on April 3, 2008 at 7:10 AM

“it’s no longer part of polite political discourse to remind people precisely what it was that Jeremiah Wright said.”

Of course not. Anytime a Democrat reveals himself to be a FUBAR’ed individual, the best thing to do is to pretend it isn’t true and elect him to the Oval Office anyway.

NoDonkey on April 3, 2008 at 8:38 AM

McCain wins in ’08. Questions???????????????

adamsmith on April 3, 2008 at 9:53 AM

It’s racist to say it’s racist to say Wright’s a racist…

max1 on April 3, 2008 at 10:42 AM