Pot sweetened: Obama wants Goracle for cabinet

posted at 3:22 pm on April 2, 2008 by Allahpundit

A sloppy wet kiss for the superest superdelegate of them all. The game has changed — a lot — since the last time this subject came up, but the essential question remains: Is the cabinet big enough for two Jesuses?

Democrat Barack Obama said Wednesday he talks regularly with former vice president Al Gore and would consider putting him in a Cabinet-level position or higher.

A woman at a town hall asked the Illinois senator if elected president would he consider tapping the former vice president for his Cabinet, or an even higher level office, to address global warming.

“I would,” Obama said. “Not only will I, but I will make a commitment that Al Gore will be at the table and play a central part in us figuring out how we solve this problem. He’s somebody I talk to on a regular basis. I’m already consulting with him in terms of these issues, but climate change is real. It is something we have to deal with now, not 10 years from now, not 20 years from now.”

After winning a Nobel and becoming the political heartthrob of every leftist in America, Gore must be jazzed at the prospect of playing second fiddle for another eight years to a politician vastly more charismatic than he is. “National Climate Change Czar Al Gore”, though? That has a ring to it. Follow the link for advice on conserving energy through the use of CFLs, which can be cleaned up through a handy 11-step process. Exit question: One of the most polarizing politicians in America, who recently compared global warming skeptics to “flat earthers,” is going to help spearhead the politics of healing and bipartisanship?

Comments

I feel like I am going CRAZY!

Agrippa2k on April 2, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Chris Matthews must be in heaven; he’s got a thrill going up both legs now.

Tyrs Fury on April 2, 2008 at 3:26 PM

I hope he’s not going to make him the head of the President’s physical fitness council too!

TheBigOldDog on April 2, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Wow. I think I got a feeling running up my leg…..

Or is that the shiver up my spine?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on April 2, 2008 at 3:27 PM

“hope he’s not going to make him the head of the President’s physical fitness council too!”

There’s a reason Tipper was big on mental health issues, I’d look for federal assistance myself if I had a certified loony like Gore around the house.

NoDonkey on April 2, 2008 at 3:28 PM

but climate change is real

. No kidding…it’s called weather here in Colorado.

Also, what’s higher than a cabinet-level position? Seriously. VP?

jwehman on April 2, 2008 at 3:28 PM

I really can’t imagine the Gorcale wanting to be VP again.

Lance Murdock on April 2, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Doubt it’ll happen. Gore’s making millions, is treated like a rockstar, receives awards from around the globe, and is very much independent and free from the mud that is politics.

Why would he want to settle for 4-8 more years of obscurity, dealing with all types of political crisis, etc.

amerpundit on April 2, 2008 at 3:28 PM

You mean that I can’t take it out to the ditch on my property where i throw everything else?

PappaMac on April 2, 2008 at 3:28 PM

I have the feeling run down my leg…. as I pee in my pants laughing so hard.

How about making him Director of the EPA?

Kalifornia Kafir on April 2, 2008 at 3:29 PM

Sounds good to me…if Americans want to elect a Leftist that’s somewhere between Hillary and Chairman Mao, let’s pile on the nuts until it hits some kind of critical mass.

This long, slow slide into socialism is getting boring…let’s turn up the stove to high and see if the frog jumps out of the pot or not.

Asher on April 2, 2008 at 3:30 PM

The thought of Howard Dean and the superdelegates eating Rolaids by the handful gives me sweet dreams at night.

a capella on April 2, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Kalifornia Kafir on April 2, 2008 at 3:29 PM

There is no way Gore would take that position, it’s such a step down in a political view point. Unless Liberal Jesus gives the EPA dictatorial powers, I really doubt the Gorcale would give up the million of dollars he makes a year for that job.

Lance Murdock on April 2, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Obama probably needs a lock box.

2Tru2Tru on April 2, 2008 at 3:36 PM

I hope he means place him IN a cabinet and not let him out.

Claypigeon on April 2, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Another good reason not to vote for Obama (as if anybody needed another one).

AZCoyote on April 2, 2008 at 3:41 PM

There’s a reason Tipper was big on mental health issues,

I worry about Tipper. No one has seen her in a long time. Is she ill or just really embarrassed?

peacenprosperity on April 2, 2008 at 3:41 PM

Puke.

StephC on April 2, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Obama had Gore in his lockboxth all of the time.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 2, 2008 at 3:43 PM

The Obamessiah and the Goracle working together to build a perfect world complete with perfect global climate??!! Say it ain’t so!

saltydogg14 on April 2, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Gore and Obama would have to wrestle to decide who gets to be the Messiah and who gets to be the Prophet-that-announces-his-arrival. Either way it wouldn’t be pretty.

Funny.

But not pretty.

Nosferightu on April 2, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Is the cabinet big enough for two Jesuses?

Take the week off AP. You earned it already. For a pay increase, I’d be willing to chip in, honestly.

Albert Arnold “Al” Gore, Jr. “Now, Allahpundit, doo youu knooow how biiig ahhh reeeally am? You said Ameeerica. It should be “Woooorld”.”

Entelechy on April 2, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Obamessiah and Goraclbe. Well, we have two parts of the Trinity. Any guesses for the third?

Kalifornia Kafir on April 2, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Oh no!!!

If The High Goracle is spending his time in the cabinet, who will save the planet???

Why does Obama hate the planet?

MB4 on April 2, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Oh great, Nagger-in-Chief. Or is The Obamassiah offering the Goracle a spot on the Supreme Court?

rbj on April 2, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Kalifornia Kafir on April 2, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Che Guavara

Nosferightu on April 2, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Al Gore deserves no lower office than The High Master Goracle of the Science and Truth ministry. Anything less would be an insult.

MB4 on April 2, 2008 at 3:53 PM

I think that he qualifies for, not one, but AT LEAST three cabinet positions, viz.
1) Director of the Ministry of Weather Propaganda,
2) Director of Internet Inventions,
3) His Royal Immenseness, Chief of Caloric Intake.

CyberCipher on April 2, 2008 at 3:54 PM

Nosferightu on April 2, 2008 at 3:52 PM

First – fantastic screen name.

Second – If Guevara can’t fill the void, I’m quite sure Ahmadenijad would. Or at least Mussolini’s granddaughter. Fascists gotta stick together.

emailnuevo on April 2, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Entelechy on April 2, 2008 at 3:45 PM

I like big fat men like you Al. They make more noise when they fall. Adios.

Tuco on April 2, 2008 at 3:59 PM

Asher on April 2, 2008 at 3:30 PM

That’s the way I’m seeing it to.

petefrt on April 2, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Chris Matthews must be in heaven; he’s got a thrill going up both legs now.

Tyrs Fury on April 2, 2008 at 3:26 PM

When those two thrills meet, I recommend being at LEAST four inches away.

SlimyBill on April 2, 2008 at 4:02 PM

This is “from memory” from a Twilight Zone episode that I saw when I was a kid. I think that Al Gore, in addition to creating the internet, winning the Nobel Price, fighting the global warming beast and curing cancer (well he hasn’t done that yet, but I am sure that he will) was also a child movie star.

Al Gore is a six-year-old with extraordinary powers to control the little town where he lives by simply wishing away people and things that anger or bore him. He has isolated the town by banishing electricity and cars. Other than his powerful wishing, Al has the mind and imagination of a typical little boy. He amuses himself with his special ability by giving a gopher three heads and then wishing the animal dead when the game becomes boring. The people in Peaksville have to smile all the time, think happy thoughts, and say happy things, because that’s what Al commands and, if they disobey, he can wish them into a cornfield or change them into grotesque versions of themselves. Al dislikes singing and punished Aunt Amy for thoughtlessly singing in his presence. Al asks his father why no children come to play with him. Mr. Gore reminds Al that when the Fredericks boy came over, Al had wished the other boy away into the cornfield after they’d finished playing. He wishes a dog into the cornfield for barking.

Al’s parents have invited several people to their house for a surprise birthday party for one of their friends, Dan Hollis. Al makes everyone watch what he, like lots of other little boys, wishes to see on television — dinosaurs fighting. Dan Hollis’s wife gives him a record for his birthday, but Al won’t permit him to play it. Dan grumbles angrily and then begins singing “Happy Birthday.” Al tries to intimidate Dan by staring at him. Dan suggests that Al should be distracted and then killed, but nobody moves to help Dan. Al points his finger at Dan and screams “You’re a bad man! You’re a very bad man!” and turns Dan into a jack-in-the-box and then sends him to the cornfield. Everyone turns away in horror except Al’s father, who begs Al to wish him into the cornfield. Al complies. A few minutes later, Al wishes for snow, though this will kill half the crops, not to mention those he’s banished to the cornfield.

The adults smile nervously and tell him that he’s a good boy, hoping that Al’s terrible power won’t be turned upon themselves.

Tuco on April 2, 2008 at 4:05 PM

If you let your mind wander, and imagine the possible nightmare senario of the Clintons and their group, Obama and his followers, the Goracle and the whole Climate Change storm troopers all sharing seats of power to this country………. it’s enough to turn your hair white!

Seven Percent Solution on April 2, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Gore would make a great HUD secretary.

argos on April 2, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Chris Matthews must be in heaven; he’s got a thrill going up both legs now.

Tyrs Fury on April 2, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Pass the KY Jelly. >:{

Chakra Hammer on April 2, 2008 at 4:07 PM

How dreary is this scenario: Obama as president, hillary vice, and Gore Secretary of Planetary Peace. It’s too ghastly to contemplate.

thatcher on April 2, 2008 at 4:07 PM

A lying empty suit picks a lying stuffed shirt for his cabinet “or higher.” Bill Ayers for SECDEF!

Akzed on April 2, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Do we have a Department of Carbon Credits yet? Gore might be interested in that.

argos on April 2, 2008 at 4:11 PM

How bout this for a future NYT header: Obama Taps Gore Carbon Head.

argos on April 2, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Ve Vill accept Global varming…and like it!

right2bright on April 2, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Leave it to Democrats to come up with a Department of Weather (Climate Change)

silverfox on April 2, 2008 at 4:16 PM

Obama + Gore + Democratic Congress = Liberal Fascism in overdrive.

God help us.

CP on April 2, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Primitive people in ancient times used to follow witch doctors and shamans and such. I guess human intellect hasn’t progressed much at all since then.

Sigy on April 2, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Is the cabinet big enough for two Jesuses?

Quote of the day.

baldilocks on April 2, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Or higher. That’s funny. How bout VP?

Johnny Mac called it “climate change”, and not “global warming” on Letterman. He’s such a schmuck. Letterman too.

JiangxiDad on April 2, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Well, comrades, it was fun while it lasted. USA RIP…

ihasurnominashun on April 2, 2008 at 4:37 PM

JiangxiDad on April 2, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Of course he also calls Shamnesty, “Comprehensive Immigration Reform”.

And he calls the McCain/Feingold Free Speech Suppression act, “Campaign Finance Reform”.

He is such a riot.

MB4 on April 2, 2008 at 4:42 PM

I feel the death of liberty approaching with every such post as this.

ThePrez on April 2, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Maybe I was asleep during my government classes. What position is higher than the Cabinet that is appointive? He surely can’t mean the Supreme Court?!

Longhorn Six on April 2, 2008 at 4:50 PM

…it’s called weather here in Colorado

Here in Maryland too.

Longhorn Six on April 2, 2008 at 4:51 PM

The only thing crawling up Chrissy Matthews’s leg is Chrissy Matthews’s hand. He’s a wanker.

Jaibones on April 2, 2008 at 4:52 PM

I have never tried it. Shouldn’t pot taste kind of bitter?

freevillage on April 2, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Maybe Obama is smarter than I think that he is; he may put a gag on Gore and decrease global warming {cut down on Gore’s hot air} and stop noise polution at the same time. There are too many politicians to stop all of the hot air at one time.

Johan Klaus on April 2, 2008 at 5:02 PM

“Welcome back to the White House, Al! Here’s your accordion.”

mojo on April 2, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Beam me up is more like it.

bloggless on April 2, 2008 at 5:08 PM

but climate change social security default is real. It is something we have to deal with now, not 10 years from now, not 20 years from now.”

There….that’s better.

Limerick on April 2, 2008 at 5:11 PM

but climate change is real

No kidding…it’s called weather here in Colorado.
jwehman on April 2, 2008 at 3:28 PM

“Gore-Bull Warming” is a fraud, a hoax to trick people into voting for Democratic Socialists, and Gore has been rewarded with a Nobel Prize.

But it’s hard for liberals/socialists to still call it “Global Warming” when “Global Cooling” is actually occurring. And it’s driven by the sun, not by man. But that’s An Inconvenient Truth.

So “Global Warming” is out and “Climate Change” is in. But variations in the sun’s output have always resulted in “Climate Change”. We call it “weather” where I live, too…

Red Pill on April 2, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Limerick on April 2, 2008 at 5:11 PM

I don’t call it Social Security anymore.

Socialist Insecurity is a more accurate.

Red Pill on April 2, 2008 at 5:22 PM

I hope he means place him IN a cabinet and not let him out.

Claypigeon on April 2, 2008 at 3:39 PM

LOL! Thanks.

Red Pill on April 2, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Gore as a main cabinet guy…when hell freezes over!!!

right2bright on April 2, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Don’t overlook how McCain is in the tank with this nonsense too. That was the real reason why I refused to support him in the primary. Looks like we are stuck with a globalist no matter what.

Is there no ‘electable’ Reaganite out there?

leftnomore on April 2, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Please do not make fun of accordians. We old krauts like them.

Johan Klaus on April 2, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Those CFLs can get clean through a 12-step process, but first they need to admit they have a problem.

Dan Collins on April 2, 2008 at 7:54 PM

The Global Warming fruitcakes can’t answer 0ne simple question … ” Why are the polar caps on Mars also melting ??? ” Oh, yessss … we did send TWO Mars Rovers, powered by Solar Cells !!!

aniladesai on April 2, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Oh yeah, only Hillary would be a better Republican vote getter.

Speakup on April 2, 2008 at 11:24 PM

I think the Cabinet is not really good enough for the Goracle.

I think if we’re really going to take climate change seriously Al Gore needs to be appointed as the chief justice of the supreme court. Failing that he needs Jeremiah Wrights job.

Ares on April 3, 2008 at 5:28 AM

I think Obama really wants Boring Gore in a cabinet. One that can be locked and stored out of public view.

When dealing with Demoncrates, readers need to fully digest the words and not let the emotions drive your to faulty conclusions.

MSGTAS on April 3, 2008 at 9:58 AM