Quote of the day

posted at 10:45 pm on March 31, 2008 by Allahpundit

“The moral of the story: McCain’s nomination does not represent a mandate for open borders.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Now if we can convince McCain of that…

rgranger on March 31, 2008 at 10:48 PM

McCain will beg to differ, I guarantee it.

doubleplusundead on March 31, 2008 at 10:49 PM

I think McCain will likely win, based merely on the fecklessness of either of the two he’s up against. He’ll do it without my vote though, as I don’t trust him on the illegal alien issue for a NY minute.

ShoreMark on March 31, 2008 at 10:50 PM

McCain’s nomination is a mandate for perserverance in a crowded field.

I respect that and hope he picks someone strong for veep, and quits screwing around with our border security.

Regardless he’s got my vote over B “unilateral disarmament” O.

funky chicken on March 31, 2008 at 10:52 PM

What we do not know about McCain is what effect “public opinion” will have on him. Every President eventually takes polls in stride. McCain’s personality may be more sensitive to this when he faces it.

He could be manipulated by the MSM. Or he might seek the shelter of reliable support from Republicans when he realizes the Left can not be won over.

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Reporter: Senator McCain, is it true that if you become President you will put a real fence along the border with Mexico rather than just some phony so called “virtual fence”? And a follow up question sir, if so what will the physical fence look like?
John McCain: That is a very good question and yes, I have heard the voice of my campaign contributors the people, and when I become el Presidente President I will put up a physical fence. What will it look like? Well it will run the full length of the border and have special security gates every 100 feet.
All the security gates will have on them:
1) Press one for Spanish (with a response of “Welcome Amigo, my country is your country and please take a free map to the wonderful plantation owner employer of your choice. Also please feel free to enroll you children in our schools and demand that they be taught in Spanish and please also feel free to avail yourself of all the free medical care that you want.”).
2) Press two for English (with a response of “Go to
Infierno you damned bigoted nativist lazy madre fornicario gringo who does not want what is right for America del Norte!!!”).

MB4 on March 31, 2008 at 10:59 PM

10 percent thought McCain’s position on illegal immigration was “a program of mass roundups and deportations.” What’s more, 58 percent of McCain voters said that, regardless of who was elected president, they themselves would oppose legislation to legalize illegals.

That’s funny! Count me among the 58%, but I could see myself answering the “roundups and deportations” just to f*ck with the poll. I hate polls and would lie to them just to be naughty.

funky chicken on March 31, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Regardless he’s got my vote over B “unilateral disarmament” O.
funky chicken

We’ll keep on his back until November. Let’s hope he doesn’t crack. He seems confident about votes from the right. “Where they gonna go”? This is a healthy attitude.

But he better chill with all the Global Warming rhetoric. I would frankly be more at ease if he called it “Climate Change”. Then I would know it is “just talk”. “Global Warming” sounds like zealotry.

In the political sphere only McCain and Gore are still referring to Global Warming. That’s not good.

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 11:02 PM

So does this mean we’ll all be able to get jobs picking lettuce at
100$ an hour?
That’s what The Maverick said it would take if we secured the border.
Could resolve the subprime mortgage mess….

billy on March 31, 2008 at 11:05 PM

found that only 34 percent of people who voted for McCain in the primaries and caucuses knew that he favored a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants

Because 67% percent voting for McShamnesty were Moderate or Liberals

Branch Rickey on March 31, 2008 at 11:07 PM

We’re gonna stay home or vote dem!!!!!! Until this selfish Senator says the words “I was wrong, conservatives are not racist bigots for wanting to enforce our laws” he can kiss my ass. None of the above ’08. Confident or cynical to a fault? Conservatives have at least two options other than McShamnesty.

jwp1964 on March 31, 2008 at 11:08 PM

As I previously noted
on a different HA thread, John McCain’s enthusiastic
support for amnesty for people who break the law will
have negative consquences on red state Texas and other reliable GOP states.

I don’t think McCain and others understand all of the bad, long-term consequences fully.

ColtsFan on March 31, 2008 at 11:09 PM

I never bought the arguments about “strain on our economy” and “taking American jobs”. Neither does McCain. It has been a coverup talking point about what people are really thinking.

This is the GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH. We can absorb the people that are here. Jobs, resources, all of it. This is the knee jerk reacting McCain has to any “America can’t” comments.

What really bothers us is that there are TOO MANY from Mexico. So many that whatever the problem, they could deal with it. But they haven’t tried.

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 11:10 PM

I just wish I could find someone that would represent me! If I was smart enough I would try running for rep. or sen., but I’m just a redneck Texas retired Army Sergeant. Very few voters would vote for someone who is a Christian who believes in truth and justice and the American way of life. (Have I heard that before somewhere?)

WildBillK on March 31, 2008 at 11:13 PM

McCain’s malarkey

HA ha!

Kini on March 31, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Agrippa, McCain’s biggest prescription on “global warming” is nuclear power. I’ve said this before, but if he can use “global warming” to get the nuke power luddites to shut up, more power to him. er….

I also think another cold winter and spring will put the whole global warming thing where it belongs–as the butt of jokes and in the ash heap of history.

funky chicken on March 31, 2008 at 11:16 PM

We’re gonna stay home or vote dem!!!!!!
jwp1964

Bull Crap. When the time comes, Obama or Hillary will have filled you with such terror, you will cast a vote for McCain.

He’ll likely coast through his Presidency, accomplishing very little. The Democrats will return to form, and lock him up.

This does not bode well for the fence. It may cost us some environmental appeasement concessions. Forget about getting tough on China, etc. But Obama or Hillary will make the case FORCEFULLY that it could be far worse.

I won’t like it on bit – but “in the name of Frederick Douglass”, I will not withhold my vote for spite. I HATE the Democrats TOO TOO MUCH.

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 11:17 PM

WildBillK

DON’T YOU BELIEVE IT BROTHER!! Don’t let Obama screw up your brain! This is one black Republican who would move to Texas to vote for your “redneck” ass.

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 11:19 PM

McCain’s biggest prescription on “global warming” is nuclear power.

funky chicken

Just words. He doesn’t know a damn thing about nuclear power. He is just saying the words. That’s OK. But note how infrequently he mentions nuclear power, when he is talking about “Global Warming”.

He is doing the cameleon thing with Democrat talking points to get folks to listen. That’s okay too, but he might let the Democrats flank him. Obama’s 100-years rhetoric is an example.

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 11:23 PM

You obviously have no understanding of how much I despise the man nor what a stubborn. obstinate prick I am. Not voting for McCain…ever…under any circumstances! I despise him just like all the other dems I despise. He and the other sellout RINOs are destroying the party…abandoned conservative principles for short-term votes at the expense of long term safety and security. Did I mention never, under any circumstances.

jwp1964 on March 31, 2008 at 11:25 PM

I won’t dignify McCain with my vote. (Well, I will, but whenever something like this crops up I’ll say, “I didn’t vote for that —-.”)

VolMagic on March 31, 2008 at 11:25 PM

A video has surfaced of Presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama talking on his plans for strategic issues such as nuclear weapons and missile defense.

The full text from the video, as released, reads as follows:

Thanks so much for the Caucus4Priorities, for the great work you’ve been doing. As president, I will end misguided defense policies and stand with Caucus4Priorities in fighting special interests in Washington.

First, I’ll stop spending $9 billion a month in Iraq. I’m the only major candidate who opposed this war from the beginning. And as president I will end it.

Second, I will cut tens of billions of dollars in wasteful spending.

I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems.

I will not weaponize space.

I will slow our development of future combat systems.

And I will institute an independent “Defense Priorities Board” to ensure that the Quadrennial Defense Review is not used to justify unnecessary spending.

Third, I will set a goal of a world without nuclear weapons. To seek that goal, I will not develop new nuclear weapons; I will seek a global ban on the production of fissile material; and I will negotiate with Russia to take our ICBMs off hair-trigger alert, and to achieve deep cuts in our nuclear arsenals.

video proudly hosted on Obama’s campaign website:

funky chicken on March 31, 2008 at 11:26 PM

This is one black Republican…

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Hi Agrippa:

Here in Chicago I was recently very pleased to discover some African-American Libertarians.

ColtsFan on March 31, 2008 at 11:27 PM

funky chicken on March 31, 2008 at 11:26 PM

I’ve seen Obama’s video. He’s just plain scary. What’s even more scary is that tens of millions of Americans will vote for this naive tool. And like the McCain primary voters, they’ll be clueless about his actual positions.

AZCoyote on March 31, 2008 at 11:30 PM

He doesn’t know a damn thing about nuclear power

The Navy’s been using nuclear power on ships for many years. He talked about that in a debate and he brings it up over and over again. Remember he made Captain (O-6) and did a Pentagon tour before his Navy retirement. I’m sure he sat through many briefings on nuke powered ships, etc.

funky chicken on March 31, 2008 at 11:30 PM

2008 – The Campaign of Lies.

2008 – The Campaign of Lip Service (There’s a Clinton joke in there somewhere)

2008 – The Campaign of the figure 8 – it just keep looping on itself.

2008 – The Campaign of Tell me what you eat and I’ll tell you who you are.

2008 – The Campaign of Conservative Demise

2008 – The Campaign of Endless Pandering

2008 – The Campaign of Your Message Here

Kini on March 31, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Worse is worse.

–John Bolton

There is simply no way to say that Obama isn’t worse than McCain, unless you are a socialist, I suppose. For socialists I guess McCain is worse than Obama.

funky chicken on March 31, 2008 at 11:33 PM

you elect Obama, you elect his buddies too.

Really, read that site and weep.

funky chicken on March 31, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Not voting for McCain…ever…under any circumstances! I despise him.

jwp1964

If, at this point, you don’t fear or despise the Dem field more than McCain, then you haven’t been paying attention. The Republican party is already destroyed. Yes, he had a part in that.

McCain’s Presidency will be a uneventful. A quiet time to rebuild. Especially if he faces off against Hillary (unlikely), it will be a time for getting the conservative message out, and building a “bionic” conservative candidate.

Conservatives share in the responsibility for this situation. We should have been grooming a candidate. We spent too much time confronting the Dems for the Republicans, confused by Republican fecklessness, and in denial about what was happening.

We need the proper environment so we can get back to work. Conventional wisdom leans toward electing a moron, so we can say “see – a liberal moron”. Incorrect strategy number one.

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 11:36 PM

He doesn’t know a damn thing about nuclear power. He is just saying the words.

He may know more about it than you think. The Palo Verde Nuclear plant is not that far from his Phoenix home.

AZCoyote on March 31, 2008 at 11:37 PM

funky chicken on March 31, 2008 at 11:38 PM

WildBillK on March 31, 2008 at 11:13 PM

You are so wrong WildBillK! People would be falling all over themselves to vote for someone like you. You get out there and tell the people what you think and feel. Tell them how you got there. Be real honest and open about it. They will be on you like ants at a picnic.

I think people are tired of all of these attorneys being elected to office and screwing everything up.

cjs1943 on March 31, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 11:02 PM

“What’s this?” thought John McCain. “I can feel nothing warmer at all! That is terrible. Am I stupid? Am I a flat-earther? Am I a denier? Am I not fit to be President? That would be the most dreadful thing that could happen to me. “Oh, it is very hot!” McCain said aloud. “It has my highest approbation.” And McCain nodded in a contented way, and walked outside, for he would not say that he felt no Global Warming. The whole entourage whom he had with him felt and felt, and felt no Global Warming, any more than the rest; but, like John McCain, they said, “It is so warm!” and counseled him to always say that he felt warm when he was out in public. “It is warm, hot even!” went from mouth to mouth. On all sides there seemed to be general warming, and John McCain gave Al Gore the title of Imperial Master of Global Warming Science.

So John McCain went in procession, and every one in the streets said, “How incomparable warm it is! What a warm day it is!” No one would let it be perceived that he could feel no Global Warming, for that would have shown that he was not fit for his office, or was very stupid or a flat-earther or a denier. No day of John McCain’s life had ever felt as warm as this one.

“But I’m freezing my ass off out here!” a little child cried out at last. “Just hear what that innocent says!” said the father: and one whispered to another what the child had said. “But it is so cold out here!” said the whole people at length. That touched John McCain, for it seemed to him that they were right; but he thought within himself, “I must go through with feeling all the Global Warming. I dare not chance to do otherwise.” And so he held himself a little higher, and his aids held on tighter than ever, and proclaimed the Global Warming which did not exist at all.

MB4 on March 31, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Manwhile back at the Caine Mutiny,Captain Queeg
has issued that there will be no entertaining
of the idea of amnesty and the storm of open
borders,will not be permitted on his watch,er
ship,er country! haha.

canopfor on March 31, 2008 at 11:41 PM

Let’s not kid ourselves. When Sen. McCain says he’ll “secure the borders first” he’s simply lying.

Bugler on March 31, 2008 at 11:42 PM

I’m sure he sat through many briefings on nuke powered ships, etc.

funky chicken

Given past events, I prefer to err on the side of “expect the politician to be a moron”. McCain was a pilot, not an engineer. He is also OLD. Technology, even as simple as nuclear, is tough for older folks. And politicians are a particularly simple breed.

This is not to say that he is not on board with nuclear. But I haven’t heard him bash ethanol, or talk about US coal. Nor do I picture him as a forceful articulate advocate for the advantages of nuclear.

Put simply he “doesn’t talk the talk” on nuclear. So I assume it is just a talking point.

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 11:45 PM

Second moral of the story – many voters are uninformed dolts.

Entelechy on March 31, 2008 at 11:45 PM

The American Lipreaders will remember this pledge, John.

No new insecure borders.

profitsbeard on March 31, 2008 at 11:47 PM

And so he held himself a little higher, and his aids aides held on tighter than ever, and proclaimed the Global Warming which did not exist at all.

MB4 on March 31, 2008 at 11:39 PM

You’re welcome MB4. Mark Twain thanks you.

Entelechy on March 31, 2008 at 11:50 PM

ColtsFan

We may have to build a Libertarian party out of the ruins of the Republican party. I’m in New York, but haven’t given up on the Republicans – yet (die hard).

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Second moral of the story – many voters are uninformed dolts.

Entelechy on March 31, 2008 at 11:45 PM

You’re being much too kind.

How many voters does it take to screw in a RINO candidate?

Grayson on March 31, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Entelechy on March 31, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Ah, the sweet fragrance of a Lady’s finishing touch.

Holmes on March 31, 2008 at 11:57 PM

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Truth is, 12 million illegal aliens in this country doesn’t bother me either from an economic standpoint. Problem is that we have too many newcomers coming in too fast for this country’s social cohesion to catch up. And yes, it doesn’t help things that too many come from one country. And of course, there’s that little issue of national security, which really keeps me up at night.

NorthernCross on April 1, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Holmes, I just didn’t want anyone to think that MB4 wanted to have Messrs Gore or McCain die of AIDS, by any chance.

Entelechy on April 1, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Entelechy on April 1, 2008 at 12:02 AM

I have a better system than that. I stake them out in the desert and pour honey over them and then leave. Adios.

Tuco on April 1, 2008 at 12:09 AM

it doesn’t help things that too many come from one country
NorthernCross

My point exactly. TOO MANY from one place! It is a blatant abuse of American compassion, that would have meant war in other places in the world.

My theory about “liberal thinking” is that they find a position that makes them feel good about themselves. But they do not consider qualifiers. “Oh those poor Mexicans, let them come – as long as it’s less than 10 million”. They never consider a limit so any outrage is fine.

In the end we are going to have to take an active role in Mexico. The liberals screwed them and NAFTA so bad, that they are worse off now than when Pirot was pointing at his charts. I am thinking invasion.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 12:11 AM

NorthernCross on April 1, 2008 at 12:02 AM

I will, respectfully, disagree with you on the above. I
work at a hospital, and I see the
negative economic consequences of illegal immigration frequently.

In my area, 2 hospitals have financially shut down. Illegal immigration is a serious economic drain on hospitals and taxpayers.

Just my .02.

ColtsFan on April 1, 2008 at 12:11 AM

In fact, we need to reduce our emphasis on Africa and look to “our hemisphere”.

Whatever a mess there is in South America, it may be a lot better off than the middle-east’s Islamo-Fascism, and Africa’s tribalism. A little Communism to stamp out and maybe we could replace China.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 12:15 AM

This is proof that the founding fathers were right to fear not only tyrannical monarchs, but the masses of uninformed doo-doo brains who would be duped by them.

As Neal Boortz recently said on the radio… originally, the highest office we voted for (directly) was Representative.

HYTEAndy on April 1, 2008 at 12:19 AM

I will, respectfully, disagree with you on the above.

ColtsFan on

It is unpleasant, but manageable. Imagine it was twice as bad. Chicago’s problems, as you relate, are part of a greater dysfunction. There are no where near as many illegals as in border states (southern).

The principle of the disrespectful influx is a greater concern than the people already here. Mexico acts more like an enemy. Those who are here, with such high numbers we must question their patriotism (which country?).

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Just my .02.

ColtsFan on April 1, 2008 at 12:11 AM

I work in social services, downstream from what coltsfan is talking about.

and man,
he’s right.
he’s so right.
someday when i have more time i’ll post a cri de couer here.

let’s say 50 million people in the us are uncovered by health insurance, (including medicaid and medicare.)
i think that’s a very high figure. but let’s accept it.
we could provide… “FREE…” (and yes, i use the term advisedly… health care to 12 MILLION american citizens… two Atlantas… for what we pay for illegal health care.

And please don’t give me that facile sh*t about jobs americans won’t do.

You’re paying the difference in the price of schools, roads, food stamps, police, that you think you’re making up with cheap produce. It’s a massive dislocation of economic impact, the most cynical and successful shift of negative externalities in history.

jdub on April 1, 2008 at 12:23 AM

And Johnny “Straight Talk” Mac is so bought by IMC Agrico and Tyson, or else so in love with himself, that he’ll gladly pile more and more and more of those economic and social costs on each and every one of you.

I’m not saying he’s worse than Obama.
I’m not saying he’s much better, either.

jdub on April 1, 2008 at 12:24 AM

It is a shame that there is so much disinformation about NAFTA, and this North American Union bull is just not helpful.

We have to take on Mexico with an urgency comparable to Iraq. It is that important. It is also an opportunity.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 12:24 AM

McCain/Kennedy

STAY HOME ’08

Juan “Z-Visa” McCain supports Cesar Chavez Birthday as a National holiday…ha ha ha

DfDeportation on April 1, 2008 at 12:25 AM

jdub

You have to ask yourself, who tells you it is so? If we ended illegal immigration and the crazy Visa stuff that Bill Gates is talking about COMPLETELY – we could absorb them all.

This is contingent of course on a Mexico that is not a mess. At least a new Canada. We don’t have the will and vision. Transformation of South America into a new Europe (I suggest at China’s expense) would transform the US economy.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Not that we should. But we could.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Oh, is that all we need?
/snark
And I don’t need anyone to tell me it’s so. I see it. Across my desk. Every single day. And that besides, I’m not worried about immigrants with advanced engineering degrees, doctors, etc…. they are a net gain to the economy, certainly.
But how convienient to conflate them with illiterate, revanchist manual laborers!

And look, yes, we could absorb them all, IF we ended illegal immigration and IF we made some minor tweaks to EMATALA.

But you’ve alreadt acceded to my point… you’re arguing.. not quite a straw man, but rather arguing past the point entirely.

“If we ended illegal immigration, it wouldn’t be a problem” is, how do you say, a tautology? And that seems to be your point here.

Or are you one of those precious folks so hellbent on blurring the terms of the debate that illegal immigration and immigration are one and the same?

jdub on April 1, 2008 at 12:37 AM

jdub

No. I am focusing you on the priority. Closing the border. All the rest are reasons used to convince people who should recognize what needs to be done. Talking about how tough these “illiterate people” make things is a waste of time.

You assume that people who oppose a fence don’t know your point, and that they care. They hate America. Any suggestion that illegals stress anything, they are in favor of.

As for the engineers and doctors. NO we do NOT need them. We can train our own. It is another attack on America to suggest that we don’t have superior minds.

These engineers and “doctors” are poorly trained. They are CHEAP. That’s all.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 12:46 AM

It will begin with a clearing of his throat.
Having grabbed your attention you notice he is looking you directly in the eye. “LittleStraighttalkhere.”, he speaks the phrase into his breast pocket.
His eyes have broken off from gazing at you. They focus at a point of space midway between the end of his nose and the top of the carpet.

You can absolutely not rely on anything he says until a new subject is broached.
He may not necessarily lie after speed-mumbling LittleStraighttalkhere.
But he doesn’t pull the double-bluff often nor well.
He hasn’t needed to thus far.

Stephen M on April 1, 2008 at 12:46 AM

This is the GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH. We can absorb the people that are here. Jobs, resources, all of it. This is the knee jerk reaction McCain has to any “America can’t” comments.

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 11:10 PM

McCain needs to watch this. He embarrasses himself.

Redhead Infidel on April 1, 2008 at 12:49 AM

Intentions are neither here nor there. All that signifies is how you vote. And if you vote for McCain, you will not have voted to secure our borders. Full stop.

Once that man is safely paired with a Democratic Congress, he will rock your world. And you know it.

paul006 on April 1, 2008 at 12:57 AM

Redhead

AGGGHHH!!!! Now that’s terrifying! But it makes my point. America has been able to deal with this horror. As bad as it is, we don’t “feel” anything like the pain this video shows.

CLOSE THE BORDER NOW. It is ironic that at the time of this video, Mexican immigration effect was nothing like what it is now.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 12:57 AM

It is unpleasant, but manageable. Imagine it was twice as bad.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Not so, darlin’. Imagine it three times as bad and you’re approaching the fact of the matter. Our government is only admitting to a mere fraction of the reality. This article, citing estimates at 29 million, is two years old. About 3+ million more illegals successfully enter each year. We’re over 36 million illegals and counting…

It is far, far worse than you know. Come to Texas for a visit, and you’ll see…

Redhead Infidel on April 1, 2008 at 1:03 AM

It is unpleasant, but manageable.

I believe it is not manageable, because any future amnesty will only encourage more lawlessness and more negative financial effects on hospitals.

I think any future amnesty will spell future problems for conservative GOP candidates.

I am not predicting the future and I do not claim to be omniscient. I hope I am wrong. But the stats are not looking too good. I just think Allahpundit was right when last year he hinted at the prospect of a permanent Democrat majority if another amnesty passes.

I agree that the American Southwest may already be lost.

I live close to the Illinois-Wisconsin border.

Chicago is a whole different problem.

My earlier point was meant to convey that hospitals in the entire Chicagoland area (including outlying exurbs close to Wisconsin) are struggling financially under the negative burdens of illegal immigration.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 12:20 AM

You call Mexico an “enemy.”

Well, public comments like these and also these from Mexican officials make me want to agree with you.

ColtsFan on April 1, 2008 at 1:05 AM

Redhead

Great video. I bow to your wisdom. America must address poverty, but not by bringing the poor here (the Statue of Liberty says no such thing). We also need to quit all of the charity (reduce it anyway).

We need to USE these poor countries, transform them to our advantage. South America’s proximity would give us an manufacturing advantage, and would slow down China.

That is of course the problem. The left won’t let us USE them, even to help them. South America’s proximity is a problem here too, because the left are so influential in this hemisphere.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 1:06 AM

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Nice thought..but Bush has been in the White House for nearly 8 years and he still hasn’t figured out that the people he calls bigots and prejudiced on the immigration issue (conservatives) are his real friends and that the MSM and LLL are his worst nightmare…Probably the reason Georgy doesn’t come out to play much anymore!

RedLizard64 on April 1, 2008 at 1:09 AM

Not so, darlin’

Redhead Infidel

I believe that comment was to someone in Chicago. My point was that there they do not realize the full force of the problem as others do. And that the pain as they feel it must also be attributed to dysfunction in Chicago.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 1:11 AM

One more quick source: TAR estimates 35,519,639 illegal aliens are inside our borders, 909,642 having entered since January 2008 (this number is ticking upward every minute – it’s eerie. It’s gone up three while I’ve typed this.) Here is how they account for their numbers.

Redhead Infidel on April 1, 2008 at 1:13 AM

Probably the reason Georgy doesn’t come out to play much anymore!
RedLizard64

He’s done enough. It is human nature that he would mildly resent that when he reaches out to his enemies (no matter how vile), we are always gonna be there to check him.

I forgive him. He IS the President. McCain is another story.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 1:14 AM

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 1:11 AM

Hi Agrippa:

Thanks for your earlier comment.

I should have been more clearer earlier. I actually live
closer to the Wisconsin-Illinois border.

You are right that Chicago has problems of a whole different sort.

My point is that hospitals in Chicagoland, even the outlying suburbs and exurbs 40-50 miles outside of Chicago near the Wisconsin border, are struggling financially under the negative effects of illegal immigration.

ColtsFan on April 1, 2008 at 1:15 AM

Press One For English

Seven Percent Solution on April 1, 2008 at 1:17 AM

We beat back amnesty, but that 58% seems a little arrogant to think that it is just that easy to beat back each and every single time.

Theworldisnotenough on April 1, 2008 at 1:17 AM

it’s eerie. It’s gone up three while I’ve typed this.
Redhead Infidel

Precisely. All other concerns, consequences, stresses are IRRELEVANT. Until we stop the “seepage” nothing else matters. Like I said, I don;t believe McCain, because if he was really on board, he’d be on the him proposing the McCain/McCain border fence and Haliburton would be heading down there right now.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 1:18 AM

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 1:18 AM

Absolutely. McCain’s words on this matter are worthless, considering his track record. At this point, only action will do – and the so-called “Mav” ain’t that maverick.

Redhead Infidel on April 1, 2008 at 1:22 AM

ColtsFan

Welcome to the club. Illegals are moving out of the cities to outlying areas. It is a whole new ball game. They are digging in. They know this makes it easier to absorb them. They seem to have dicovered the phrase “hiding in plain sight”.

Still all the way up there, your problem is exacerbated by small communities that do not experience large variations in population.

On Long Island, where I grew up, many industries have come and gone. Infrastructure remains to deal with the influx, because people have always come and gone. We are dealing. It could be worse is my point.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 1:26 AM

I may have taken your post (the one which i quoted) wrongly. I agree that this must be the first priority. And I’m glad to hear that you don’t trust McCain on this issue. Although I still maintain that a steady, regulated influx of LEGAL immigrants is still a healthy thing… as long as those people are net producers, which programmers, doctors, et al are.

jdub on April 1, 2008 at 1:28 AM

Agrippa2k on March 31, 2008 at 11:10 PM

I can certainly tell that you do not live in Texas. A close friend of mine had a aneurysm and went to a major Houston hospital emergency room. The emergency room was full of Spanish speaking people. My friend stayed for four hours without seeing a doctor. His wife had him transfered to the Houston medical center where there was an immediate operation, but the damage was already fatal. Add to that, the fact all of the hit and run and hit and no insurance by the illegal aliens, our problems are major. Our insurance is out of control, our taxes are skyrocketing, the traffic is terrible and the signs at the public schools in my area are in spanish.

Johan Klaus on April 1, 2008 at 1:29 AM

We are dealing. It could be worse is my point.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 1:26 AM

Okay.

I just wonder if the Liberals just want the open borders and Visa Over stays to continue in order for the problem to degenerate further, leading to more and more cries for “Nationalized Healthcare…”

This would fit their dream of more government intrusiveness, etc.

ColtsFan on April 1, 2008 at 1:33 AM

I am sorry for the situation involving your friend. I work in an emergency room too.

You are correct in pointing out Houston’s healthcare crisis.

Johan Klaus on April 1, 2008 at 1:29 AM

Our hospital near the Wisconsin border now offers menus in Spanish.

ColtsFan on April 1, 2008 at 1:38 AM

jdub

“Regulated”. Do I need to put it in bold? Trust in the Government to figure out anything is always a fatal flaw.

Don’t get “liberal brain lock” on me. Ask the questions. “I support Legal net producers – UNLESS”.

While it is nice and compassionate to think about the advantages for these foreign workers – a better quality of life, etc. What about the brain drain on their homeland. Keeps that place poor. Is it better for us? We get the best foreign minds. And a good excuse to let our educational system devolve.

Bill Gates says he needs them. I say dig in your damn pocket hot shot and build a school in the US. Get them to sign a paper, and pay them as little as you want.

No. We need to focus on our own, and stop stealing the best from outside.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 1:42 AM

California is bankrupt from dealing with their illegals. Their hospitals, schools, infrastucture, and economy are all in the crapper. CA is the largest economy in the US, and is collapsing. Texas is the next largest economy and our hositals are failing, schools are overcrowded, highways are congested, and our border looks like a damn warzone. CA and TX are a barometer of what is in store for the rest of the country.

Talking to fellow patriots in CA, they tell me it’s too late for CA. The rest of us have a few years.

Redhead Infidel on April 1, 2008 at 1:47 AM

I can certainly tell that you do not live in Texas

Johan Klaus

Again my point was that cities like Chicago, and even outlying areas do not experience the magnitude of the problem like other places. I referred to southern border states. Sorry I didn’t mention Texas by name, I know you’all are sensitive (it’s like a whole other country).

However Texas is part of the problem. When millions are traveling across the border and make it 2000 miles, through half-a-dozen other states all the way to New York – something is SERIOUSLY WRONG.

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 1:48 AM

It is almost too late for Texas.

Johan Klaus on April 1, 2008 at 1:51 AM

CA and TX are a barometer of what is in store for the rest of the country.

Redhead Infidel

Worse than you think. As bad as it is, and with a clear understanding of how bad it can get (I mean MS-13 realy!) – it is a wonder the whole state isn’t conservative.

But it is not. That’s what scares me. Close the border and they will move to other states. The pressure may decrease. But what is ever going to affect the minds of nuts in CA?

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 1:53 AM

“I will clean up the planet,” McCain said. “I will make global warming a priority.”

“McCain told the crowd: “I want to assure you I will make this planet clean … we will hand to you a cleaner planet than the one you were living in before I became president of the United States, I promise you that.”"

“By the way, I think the fence is least effective,” he told executives in Milwaukee, according to a recent Vanity Fair profile. “But I’ll build the godda#$ed fence if they want it.”

“John McCain refused to listen to Americans and went so far as to call members of the Senate who refused to support the McKennedy Amnesty “Racists”!”

These are just a few of his “priorities” and I assure you I won’t vote for this disgraceful panderer.

nottakingsides on April 1, 2008 at 1:55 AM

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 1:48 AM

Ahhhh…just wait until they finish the NAFTA Superhighway, hated here in Texas as the TTC, Trans-Texas Corridor, lauded as the crowning achievement of NASCO, North America Supercorridor Coalition. There will be a freakin’ 400 yard wide express lane straight into the Heartland of America. First stop = Kansas City.

Redhead Infidel on April 1, 2008 at 1:56 AM

It is almost too late for Texas.

Johan Klaus on April 1, 2008 at 1:51 AM

Roger that, Johan. I just hate to admit it, since I live here. But that’s the straight truth, harsh as it is.

Redhead Infidel on April 1, 2008 at 1:58 AM

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 1:53 AM

Good point.

With this lawlessness and race war, I am indeed surprised more Californians are not voting for more conservatives, instead of just pulling the lever again for some die-hard Democrat liberal.

The problem in California’s cities is spreading to smaller towns.

ColtsFan on April 1, 2008 at 2:01 AM

From what I understand, San Diego/S. CA votes consistently conservative. (Duncan Hunter has proven very effective there.) But it’s too late. The rest of CA, dominated as it is by LA and SF, is hopeless.

Redhead Infidel on April 1, 2008 at 2:08 AM

Ahhhh…just wait until they finish the NAFTA Superhighway,

Redhead Infidel

Now in New York that does not seem like such a bad thing. We are serious about WHO builds roads. But I have this nagging fear that illegals will be working on that thing.

Is Mexico paying for that thing at least. The richest man IN THE WORLD is from Mexico, right?

What makes me scratch my head is why we need a highway to Mexico. Are they producing a lot of products? Are they planning to? Seems that would be step one. Did we pay for the Chinas ships? Japans?

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 2:09 AM

Second most ignorant group of GOP primary voters in the pool…right behind Huckabots.

SuperCool on April 1, 2008 at 2:10 AM

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 2:09 AM

Land is being stolen from Texans (“appropriated” througb emininent domain) and given to a foreign country for development. The Supercorridor will be owned and operated for-profit by the Spanish and Americans will pay a toll (upwards of $60) to a foreign country to use roads on our own soil.

The reason for a super highway from Mexico is because the Chinese are building and expanding ports in Mexico. They have tons of crap (and lord knows what else) that they need to truck into our country WITHOUT INSPECTION!

Redhead Infidel on April 1, 2008 at 2:17 AM

Here are a few more details:

Once complete, the new road will allow containers from the Far East to enter the United States through the Mexican port of Lazaro Cardenas, bypassing the Longshoreman’s Union in the process. The Mexican trucks, without the involvement of the Teamsters Union, will drive on what will be the nation’s most modern highway straight into the heart of America. The Mexican trucks will cross border in FAST lanes, checked only electronically by the new “SENTRI” system. The first customs stop will be a Mexican customs office in Kansas City, their new Smart Port complex, a facility being built for Mexico at a cost of $3 million to the U.S. taxpayers in Kansas City….

Redhead Infidel on April 1, 2008 at 2:21 AM

Redhead Infidel

What the FRACK!!!! What is happening to MY COUNTRY?!

Anybody watching John Adams on HBO? We need that kind of leadership. Aren’t there any more great men and women?

Have the liberals who want to destroy this country won? Have they driven our Republican leaders mad?

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 2:30 AM

Have they driven our Republican leaders mad?

Agrippa2k on April 1, 2008 at 2:30 AM

Exhibit 1: George W. Bush

Exhibit 1a: John S. McCain

Redhead Infidel on April 1, 2008 at 2:36 AM

As long as McCain keeps Juan on his unpaid advisory roles, he is not worthy of my vote.

Frankly after “I learned my lesson” McCain keeps him on his staff, McCain is not worthy of my vote.

McCain does not even have the common courtesy to give conservatives a reach around.

F15Mech on April 1, 2008 at 3:29 AM

Wrong.

The moral of the story:

Voters are stupid, ignorants and shallow.

Voting for John McCain is like playing Russian Roulette. You never know when he’s going to hit you next.

One more thing:

Even his last name is not easy to type.

You have to make a small “c” and big “C” right after each other.

Lots of times you make the big “C” before the small “c” and vice versa or you make both “Cs” small or big, then you have to correct and delete and re-type and my coffee falls on the keyboard after banging desk and cursing the hell out of him.

What a pain in the butt!!

Indy Conservative on April 1, 2008 at 4:22 AM

the more I think of the illegeal question the more I become convinced the anwser is to invade/buy Mexico. We can shorten our border to 90 miles in central mexico. we can place our laws and culture at the forfront. we can rebuild Mexico and we Can handle the English language question within a generation. they have no army, most of their people would rather life in the USA than Mexico, they have vast resources and they influx of infrastructure would help our industry.

unseen on April 1, 2008 at 4:32 AM

Anyone here who keeps insisting McCain is for a blanket “Amnesty” is no better than Obama with his 100 years quote. You know he’s said it’s conditional on returning to the country of origin, filing paperwork, paying back taxes or substantial fine up to and beyond $5,000, learning english, a ten year period of z visa registration and verification, etc… Allah, you ought to know better, or perhaps you ignore what you don’t want to hear.

THE CHOSEN ONE on April 1, 2008 at 6:41 AM