LiveLeak restores “Fitna”; Video: Indonesians call for Wilders’s death

posted at 10:25 am on March 31, 2008 by Allahpundit

Lawhawk salutes, as do I. That’s an awfully quick turnaround; I can only assume the Brits have hooked them up with security for the foreseeable future.

On the 28th of March LiveLeak.com was left with no other choice but to remove the film “fitna” from our servers following serious threats to our staff and their families. Since that time we have worked constantly on upgrading all security measures thus offering better protection for our staff and families. With these measures in place we have decided to once more make this video live on our site. We will not be pressured into censoring material which is legal and within our rules. We apologise for the removal and the delay in getting it back, but when you run a website you don’t consider that some people would be insecure enough to threaten our lives simply because they do not like the content of a video we neither produced nor endorsed but merely hosted.

Like I said on Friday, their job here is done. If they’re reinstating it, it’s only because the principle means that much to them.

Update: Here’s what LiveLeak’s up against. Click the image to watch.

killgw.jpg

Comments

Good for them.

dentalque on March 31, 2008 at 10:29 AM

Great job, LiveLeak!

Weight of Glory on March 31, 2008 at 10:30 AM

LiveLeak-1000, murders-0.
Thanks for your courage and free speech.
L

letget on March 31, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Give Islamic militants too many targets in this effort and they will realize the seriousness of their opponent.

Kudos to LiveLeak.

Fitna is restrained and mild compared to what Muslims produce to proselytize for their own jihadi recruiting.

Know Koran, no peace.

profitsbeard on March 31, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Woohoo!!

aengus on March 31, 2008 at 10:33 AM

We interrupt our regularly scheduled broadcast to go live to LiveLeak’s offices now!

Shy Guy on March 31, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Huge. Freakin’. Bollocks!

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on March 31, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Good for them, and I’m glad they did what they had to, to protect their families and staff. Never let them silence the truth.

DakRoland on March 31, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Applause for the balls.

yo on March 31, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Their decision is nothing short of heroic.

Really. I know it sounds like breathless hyperbole … but its heroic.

The sad part is that in this day and age it can truly be that dangerous to exercise free speech rights … when it comes to possibly upsetting one particular group.

These folks are in my prayers. I hope they stay safe.

And I hope one of these frickin’ days the rest of the world puts an end to the need for this kind of heroism. I thought we were long past the time you could literally get murdered for saying the wrong thing.

Professor Blather on March 31, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Let’s hear it for LiveLeak. They apperently will not submit. Sweeeet.

Geronimo on March 31, 2008 at 10:47 AM

Is there any mainstream news outlet that covered the story of forced censorship? Fox News?

freevillage on March 31, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Very good for them. Thank you LiveLeak. It would be great if they could use this brave stand and take away substantial market share away from YouTube.

This was such good news, I’m tempted to just call it a week in terms of following news and leave on a high note.

Canadian Infidel on March 31, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Kudos to LiveLeak. Somebody over there has some stones and I honestly respect them for the courage of their convictions. I don’t if they are left, right, liberal conservative or Martian, they stated that they would host it and while they found it neccesary to take some prudent measures with security they have now returned to their original statement.
There ain’t many people or organizations today that can say that.

Just A Grunt on March 31, 2008 at 10:48 AM

GOOD

j0 on March 31, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Hold the Fort! Islam is on its last legs. Remember how those clowns were surrendering to helos in Gulf War I? What has changed?

Akzed on March 31, 2008 at 10:52 AM

Great Job!

becki51758 on March 31, 2008 at 10:57 AM

I had criticized LiveLeak in the aftermath of them pulling the video within 24 hrs of the initial release thinking that it was a marketing ploy rather than a principled stand.

I’ll now eat crow. With relish. Lot’s of relish.

Kudos to LiveLeak and to those who will protect them. Maybe other western media can grow a pair now that an upstart has illustrated for them journalistic principles and integrity.

AnonymousDrivel on March 31, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Way to go LiveLeak! Do not submit!

WisCon on March 31, 2008 at 11:04 AM

What the heck is a “Teroris”?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on March 31, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Kudos to LiveLeak. Hope none of their people die for it, though.

aero on March 31, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Awesome

Expect the threats of violence against Liveleak to resume. Hopefully they will just be threats, but, with the RoP, I doubt it.

William Teach on March 31, 2008 at 11:14 AM

More than just resisting the threat of violence, take the fight to the next level; identify, locate, and prosecute those who use threats of violence to advance their political agenda.

This is a war we are in, you don’t win anything when all you play is defense.

rockhauler on March 31, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Fantastic.

profitsbeard on March 31, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Amen to that.

Valiant on March 31, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Update: Here’s what LiveLeak’s up against. Click the image to watch.

Heh. Point proved once again. “He said our holy book incites violence…kill him!”

nailinmyeye on March 31, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Me too – BRAVO ZULU LiveLeak, although the Torrents & Google Video sure picked up where you (had to) leave off.

HotAirJosef on March 31, 2008 at 11:51 AM

God bless ‘em. The REAL God, that is.

Spanglemaker on March 31, 2008 at 12:12 PM

LiveLeak has some Malkins……….I’ll give them that.

Way to go Britain.

omnipotent on March 31, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Keep it up Obama & Clinton.
Keep it up Muslims.

Just keep showing yourselves to the world.
The media can’t even hide ignore it anymore.

Shining the Light!!!

bridgetown on March 31, 2008 at 12:26 PM

How strong can the religion be when you have to force members to stay? How can you claim massive numbers of believers when the faith of so many is enforced by the rifle?

Bishop on March 31, 2008 at 12:26 PM

What do all these Islamic protesters do for a living? Looks like a lot of unemployed people turned professional protesters (i.e. Islamic Rage Boy). If they would get a job, it would keep them “off the streets and out of trouble” as my old grandpa used to say.

txsurveyor on March 31, 2008 at 12:58 PM

I’m glad they show such reserve.

I would also like to hear every single detractor of LiveLeak, following the removal before the weekend, now man up and give them their deserved respect.

This kind of steadfast defiance before the Islamic death machine will chip away at it’s influence, until they are thought of as no more than archaic cranks trying to secure power over the entire world (read Nazis).

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Why do they always wear masks at these islamic demonstrations? Are they afraid of Christian terrorists targeting them?

peacenprosperity on March 31, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Indonesians from the former mosque of ObamaX?

faraway on March 31, 2008 at 1:25 PM

So the world takes offense to a 15-minute film showing actual footage of what radical Muslims have done in the name of Allah (much that was filmed by the radicals themselves), yet they couldn’t care less when a crucifix is displayed in a jar of urine, or if a country hosts a conference to debate whether or not the Holocaust happened?

What has become of humanity?

cannonball on March 31, 2008 at 1:28 PM

I hear Christians have now reached official minority status now that there are more Muslims than Catholics. Don’t they have special rights now?

faraway on March 31, 2008 at 1:32 PM

peacenprosperity on March 31, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Because they’re driven by fear. These nutbags who are willing to die are afraid of everything except death. That is why they are more dangerous than any enemy we’ve ever faced. Nazi Youth Corps? Communist politicians? They value life. Militant fundamentalist savages don’t.

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Aren’t some people wanting to elect a possible Muslim to be our President? What are they thinking?

UncleZeb on March 31, 2008 at 1:39 PM

I add my salute to LikeLeak for its effort to keep speech free.

We need to shine a light on cowardly cockroaches, exposing them for the threatening bullies that they are. Never submit to tyranny.

When actual words and actions of hypocrites caught on video come back to haunt them via exposure like this, they have nowhere to hide. Phony outrage and threats show how arrested is their development.

Our anti-war demonstrators could take a lesson from the real courage of people like Wilders, Fallaci, Theo Van Gogh, etc. Instead, the protesting clowns, like the pretend men of Muslim disgruntlement, hide in crowds and act-out like children having a tantrum.

If facts are wrong in speech or in print, we should always be free to counter with verifiable information, not simply be shut down or shut up by the opposition.

Wilders has done his homework; his visual facts are irrefutable, They have not been edited to twist the message. And this confrontation with the truth has malcontent Muslims in a rage?

onlineanalyst on March 31, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Wow, the Muslims are mad again… Must be Tuesday. (Or Monday thru Sunday)

*YAWN*

Claypigeon on March 31, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Good job LiveLeak!

4shoes on March 31, 2008 at 3:36 PM

I hope so.

Yes, strength in numbers.

Because they’re driven by fear

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Yeah, I’ve always believed that the ridiculous reaction by Muslims to things such as cartoons is nothing more than the realization that a belief system as rigid and brittle as Islam cannot stand in the light of truth. Especially in this information age in which we live.

God bless those, like Liveleak, who are willing to stand in the gap.

labrat on March 31, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Kudos to LiveLeak! American left take notes!

csvdsaint on March 31, 2008 at 3:51 PM

Good for LiveLeak.

I still wish they’d pull the most vile jihadist/murder videos.

moxie_neanderthal on March 31, 2008 at 3:53 PM

I thought we were long past the time you could literally get murdered for saying the wrong right thing.

Professor Blather on March 31, 2008 at 10:42 AM

With indulgence,

Entelechy on March 31, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Indonesians from the former mosque of ObamaX?

faraway on March 31, 2008 at 1:25 PM

My thoughts exactly. We must remember that ObamaX spent very formative years, from ages six to ten, living in Jakarta, Indonesia with his Unitarian mother and Muslim Indonesian stepfather.

I have lived in Jakarta, Indonesia. Indonesia is the most populous Muslim nation in the world. It’s probably fortunate for me that I lived there during a time in my life before I was saved, when I considered myself agnostic. If I had been as outspoken for Jesus Christ then as I am now, I probably would not have been treated as well as I was.

I distinctly remember frequently being awoken early in the morning by the screeching loudspeakers of a nearby mosque. It was far from “the most beautiful sound on earth”, as Obama describes it.

Red Pill on March 31, 2008 at 4:04 PM

a shocking reminder of the ugly truth.

Thanks for sharing,it is posted at my site now too

Karl on March 31, 2008 at 4:54 PM

I just watched this with my friend from Syria, who is Christian. All she could say was, I told you they are like this and you continue to let them in your country, repeatedly. She left Syrai 3 years ago to get away from these people.

bopbottle on March 31, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Wilders point is proven every day.

Johan Klaus on March 31, 2008 at 5:51 PM

Great hair. How does he do that?

Bishop on March 31, 2008 at 6:31 PM

Rock on LiveLeak.

ReaganEvangelical on March 31, 2008 at 7:05 PM

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Happy to say I saluted them in the first thread, thought the world of their courage, but oh how much more so now. Will pray for their safety and here’s hoping they’re hearing roars of appreciation from lots of people for their stand.

inviolet on March 31, 2008 at 8:31 PM

heroyalwhyness on March 31, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Keep up the good work………

Seven Percent Solution on March 31, 2008 at 10:36 PM

freevillage on March 31, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Do you think that Wilders proved his point?

Johan Klaus on April 1, 2008 at 1:00 AM

Stop saying we are killers! If you do not stop, I will kill you!!!

jed58 on April 1, 2008 at 12:39 PM

jed58 on April 1, 2008 at 12:39 PM

how dare you use thier own words and actions against them , they follow the religion of piece.

I have been seeding Fitna for almost a week now and so far ive uploaded close to 5gigs .
way to stand up and not bow down to the muslim pressure and threats liveleak .

Mojack420 on April 1, 2008 at 11:08 PM

The Islamic religion reminds me of Nazi Facism. Speaking against it could be as perilous. Have we Americans evolved to some lofty moral plane that disables our resolve to confront and oppose this growing threat. Are we too politically correct to fight a political movement that is robed as a religion.

For years we have been brainwashed by promoters of multiculturism and political correcteness into accepting any irrational aberration as being only “healthy cultural diversity”.

If anyone believes Islam won’t attack here, wake up.

I feel sorry for those good persons who believe in Islam because their radical brethren are going to bring it all down someday soon.

Ernest on April 2, 2008 at 11:13 AM