Quote of the day

posted at 10:05 pm on March 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Democrats have gone the way of socialism
Republicans have gone the way of liberalism

It’s true, Republicans have filled the void the Democrats have left in thier dash to Socialism.

McCain/Lieberman??
They are just 80′s style democrats.

Lucid1 on March 31, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Tone deaf republican leadership. Now even Rush sez that the objective of Operation Chaos is a McCain victory. Oh well, I could better use that three hours a day preparing to spill my bile on McCain. Rush you are a tremendous disappointment. Carrying water for Bush was honorable, carrying water for McCain is heresy.

Angry Dumbo on March 31, 2008 at 1:37 PM

I’m not from europe. I’m from the UK. A long time ago. Back when bulldogs had balls ;)

Made me laugh :) Also, I’m from the former Eastern bloc.

Less than 40%

Made my point, but as do you, I’ll keep hope alive.

I’m suffering from some insomnia recently, so I’m game.

Perhaps another night – joined the feathers after that comment. But, to be sure, I like your comments a lot LG, always have.

We must fight socialism here, before it gets that way.
Amen. I would, however, refer you to Cuneda.

There’s idealism, and there’s Cuneda. Then, there’s socialism, which I abhor.

I never needed ‘reversing’, that’s why I left the UK/Europe cesspit. Although I admit it is fanciful, I consider myself very much in the mold of Adams/Jefferson. A classic liberal. For me, my move to America was as natural as breathing.

Same here.

Then I had the awful shock of discovering how corrupted and perverted America had become.

True that, like Churchill said “America will always do the right thing, after trying all others” – or something similar as I didn’t look up the exact quote. But, it’s still the best darn place on the face of the Earth!

Show you examples? Sure. Look at the tide turning in the UK in light of the rampant criminal problem, the right to arms. Look at more eastern european countries and the tide against government intrusiveness. Look at Mainland europe and its shockwave due to the islamist threat.

May you be right, oh may you be. I have grave doubts.

I know it’s not conclusive, nor adequate, but I sense a tide about to turn.

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 1:41 AM

Again, may the tide turn in your direction. I’ll give you full credit when it does :) With best regards,

Entelechy on March 31, 2008 at 3:00 PM

Kiny, mon ami! I’d asked you once where you were born and you didn’t see my question. That is highly interesting. Thanks for your nice comments, on this thread, about America, and thanks for being you. You know that I adore you. Best to you and yours,

Entelechy on March 31, 2008 at 3:01 PM

I have to support McCain as a lesser of three evils.

I hope he picks a conservative as his running mate. I’m disgusted at all three of them.

Black Adam on March 31, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Sorry Kini, mistyped your nom de plume :(

Entelechy on March 31, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Trouble with Zell here is that if he supported the “Party of Clinton/Gore”, why did he not support Hillary?

Typhonsentra on March 31, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Chakra Hammer did you once have a crush on Lorrie Morgan? Get over it, man.

melda on March 31, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Nope never had a crush on Lorrie Morgan…

Alison Krauss, is the best female singer. ;)

Chakra Hammer on March 31, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Not my (Republican) party anymore either. No wonder they can’t raise funds the’ve left so many behind by promoting a DEM.

although I think W. was brilliant in getting Dems to sign on to tax cuts (Rebate prefund) of 08…Brilliant!

and unless there’s a third party consevative I hate that I will have to vote for McBeth and will not easily forgive the RNC chicken…ts for it.

dhunter on March 31, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Iron Joe Lieberman may be the last patriotic strong-on-defense Democrat of national stature alive.

steve007 on March 31, 2008 at 9:39 PM

I appreciate how Senator Lieberman has stood by his convictions about the war, even nominally leaving his party over their anti-war rhetoric. I doubt that any can argue against his point that,of those running, McCain is closest to the ideals of JFK.
How would Obama or HClinton have resolved the “Cuban Missile Crisis”? That’s not quite a rhetorical question, as the next President may have to face larger, more dangerous problems.
I think Obama would ‘dialogue’ with Castro, with possibly Hugo Chaves mediating.
I think HClinton would scream: “This is all Bush’s fault!” over and over and over and…

Doug on April 1, 2008 at 1:49 AM

I have enormous respect for Lieberman. He’s a man of conviction and probably one of the most honest politician’s out there. I disagree with many of his positions but I still admire him. He is driven by honor.

Conservative_SAHM on April 1, 2008 at 10:58 AM