Quote of the day

posted at 10:05 pm on March 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

He’s a witch! Burn him! Burn the heretic!!!

VolMagic on March 30, 2008 at 10:10 PM

When a leftist, says the left took the party for a further left turn does that make it right?

EricPWJohnson on March 30, 2008 at 10:10 PM

At the end there, was that Stephanopolous doubling over in laughter?

p0s3r on March 30, 2008 at 10:13 PM

EricPWJohnson on March 30, 2008 at 10:10 PM

I don’t know how leftist Liebs was. I mean, when Buckley campaigns for you, you can’t be that far to the Left.

VolMagic on March 30, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Heh. The Lieb rocks.

Dr. Manhattan on March 30, 2008 at 10:16 PM

This thread will be ‘bloody’. Mr. Lieberman gave the righties an opening to decimate John McCain.

Alas, Zell Miller agrees with every word, I remind you, in anticipation of the spewing.

Calmly analyzing Mr. Lieberman’s words, I do too.

Both parties are undergoing changes, but Hillary is far to the left of Bill, by force of the primaries’ demands. The 40 years of identity politics is bringing the chickens home. Many liberals will cry crocodile tears, and can blame only themselves for their self-immolation.

I love Mr. Lieberman, an honest, and decent treasure to this country. We need more leaders like him, on both sides of the isle. There sure is a dearth of such.

Entelechy on March 30, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Lieberman seems to have seen the republican light. He should have said the democrats are Bolshevists.

jencab on March 30, 2008 at 10:17 PM

EricPWJohnson on March 30, 2008 at 10:10 PM

I think you just divided by zero.

Blarg the Destroyer on March 30, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Honestly, I think Leiberman is one of the good guys. Fine he’s to the left of most of us, but I think he still deserves respect. I remember the Leiberman/Cheney debate being one of the best of my time.

AbaddonsReign on March 30, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Ummmmmm…… isn’t the one who stands behind McCain with this guy????

Your pick as to which one will be the VP nod…

Seven Percent Solution on March 30, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Anybody got a transcript?

ninjapirate on March 30, 2008 at 10:21 PM

The best republican for the presidency is a democrat, John McCain. Go figure.

Cinematicfilm on March 30, 2008 at 10:22 PM

NM, found this on memeorandum.

ninjapirate on March 30, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Zell Miller! >:D

He’s Da Man!

Chakra Hammer on March 30, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Seven Percent Solution on March 30, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Maybe he’ll make Lieberman Sec. of State. heh

Connie on March 30, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Its 1972 all over again. Scoop Jackson and Hubert Humphrey were blamed for Veitnam and that caused the party to lurch left.

Obama is the New McGovern. Does that make McCain the new Nixon ?

William Amos on March 30, 2008 at 10:29 PM

I knew he was gonna say McCain!

Zell Miller! >:D

He’s Da Man!

Chakra Hammer on March 30, 2008 at 10:24 PM

You can say that again!

4shoes on March 30, 2008 at 10:29 PM

I will post this again, and again, and again……..

This is what Operation Chaos II is all about….

Watch the clip and see what happens to an American Citizen asking a question….. WATCH!

This needs to be brought to the Republican National Convention, on the floor, in their face, from now until we loose our counrty, or win it back………

Secure the Blessed Borders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seven Percent Solution on March 30, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Make no mistake, Liebs is a lib. He in on the wrong side of 90% of the arguments that come up. On National defense his is an ace.

Having said that, I still like and admire the man. He is one of those old style democrats that has conviction, sometimes misplaced, but a stand up guy who will live or die by those convictions.

conservnut on March 30, 2008 at 10:32 PM

Democrats have gone the way of socialism
Republicans have gone the way of liberalism

Kini on March 30, 2008 at 10:32 PM

VolMagic on March 30, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Liebermans a BIF TIME leftist except on the middle east
He has a lifetime voting rating right up there with the best of the left

If there is such a thing

EricPWJohnson on March 30, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Your pick as to which one will be the VP nod…

Seven Percent Solution on March 30, 2008 at 10:20 PM

None will be VP, though Mr. Lieberman might be in his cabinet.

Btw, I don’t like Lindsey Graham either, especially not after Shamnesty. But Mr. Lieberman is not Graham, and Graham is not the devil either.

Entelechy on March 30, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Cinematicfilm on March 30, 2008 at 10:22 PM

I’m trying to convince my mother-in-law of McCain’s Dem credentials. She’s a diehard Connecticut old time Catholic Dem who is really in a quandary right now. She does not like Hillary. And after we told her about Obama’s position on abortion (which we really had to do after we caught her singing the Obama song and dancing while waving her hands in the air), she said, “Oh no! Then maybe I’ll have to vote for Hillary.” We simply cannot seem to convince her that the Democrat party is not what it used to be. She doesn’t like Lieberman because Chris Matthews told her not to.

Connie on March 30, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Democrats have gone the way of socialism
Republicans have gone the way of liberalism

Kini on March 30, 2008 at 10:32 PM

Kini, are you saying they both lost their ways? They sure did, and both are paying for it. We need a strong third party, but who to lead one?

Entelechy on March 30, 2008 at 10:36 PM

I always remember how he told Glenn Beck after becoming an independent that he felt that he could finally say what he really believed.

kc8ukw on March 30, 2008 at 10:36 PM

ninjapirate, thanks for the link. Comment merits posting:

“It’s not the Bill Clinton-Al Gore party, which was strong internationalists, strong on defense, pro-trade, pro-reform in our domestic government. It’s been effectively taken over by a small group on the left of the party that is protectionist, isolationist and basically will–and very, very hyperpartisan. So it pains me. I’m a Democrat who came to the party in the era of President John F. Kennedy. It’s a strange turn of the road when I find among the candidates running this year that the one, in my opinion, closest to the Kennedy legacy, the John F. Kennedy legacy, is John S. McCain, a reformer, somebody who understands ‘ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country’ and remembers the other part of the Kennedy inaugural, which said that we will bear any burden, pay any price to assure the survival and sustenance of liberty. That’s John McCain.”

Entelechy on March 30, 2008 at 10:47 PM

but who to lead one?

Entelechy on March 30, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Ralph Nader? Just Kidding!!!

James Inhofe and/or Bobby Jindal would be my choice for 2012

Kini on March 30, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Kennedy was one of the worst presidents in my life time. I would find it really insulting to be compared him.

DAT60A3 on March 30, 2008 at 10:47 PM

DAT60A3 on March 30, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Jimma Carter hold that lifetime record

Kini on March 30, 2008 at 10:49 PM

Listening to what he had to say, I find it ironic how the roles of the political parties have reversed over the last 60-70 years. In the era of FDR the Democrats were considered the war-mongers and the Republicans were considered isolationists. My how times have changed.

Tennessee Dave on March 30, 2008 at 10:52 PM

Will Liberman be this years Zell Miller?

Dollayo on March 30, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Tennessee Dave on March 30, 2008 at 10:52 PM

The new Democrats that we have today are socialists or communist(kind of hard to tell a real difference)

Chakra Hammer on March 30, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Chakra Hammer on March 30, 2008 at 10:56 PM

How is that different from the era of FDR?

Blacklake on March 30, 2008 at 10:59 PM

You can say that again!

4shoes on March 30, 2008 at 10:29 PM

Zell Miller’s speech at the RNC in 2004 was awesome, and when he kick Chris Mathews arse right afterwards, it was even better!

Spitballs!

Zell Miller: Mathews, I wish we lived in a time, when you could challenge a man to a duel!

Chakra Hammer on March 30, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Jolt’n Joe did well outing the main stream left for the Soviets they really are.

However he didn’t do McCain’s Con cred even the tiniest bit of good.

What Leiberman did do was confirm just how successful people like George Soros have been.

Speakup on March 30, 2008 at 11:09 PM

lantos, lieberman, miller. these are democrats i could vote for.

1 is dead, 1 isn’t a democrat anymore, and the other is retired.

says a lot…

homesickamerican on March 30, 2008 at 11:10 PM

How is that different from the era of FDR?

Blacklake on March 30, 2008 at 10:59 PM

if you want to read about it

read this form of liberalism

Some conservatives see themselves as the true inheritors of classical liberalism. Jonah Goldberg of National Review argues that “most conservatives are closer to classical liberals than a lot of Reason-libertarians” because conservatives want to preserve some institutions that they see as needed for liberty. Further confusing the classification of liberalism and conservatism is that some conservatives claim liberal values as their own.

Chakra Hammer on March 30, 2008 at 11:10 PM

I think Liebs represents the dead center of the country. Not too far left, not too far right. I disagree with him on a lot of issues, but I have respect for him. He’s honest and unwaivering.

malan89 on March 30, 2008 at 11:11 PM

“classical liberalism” should not be confused with what we have today.. LOL

Chakra Hammer on March 30, 2008 at 11:12 PM

He sounds exactly like Pat Buchanan or Ron Paul describing the Republican party.

MadisonConservative on March 30, 2008 at 11:13 PM

I’m sure somwhere Jane Hamsher is pulling her hair out in a rage over this.

Topsecretk9 on March 30, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Blacklake on March 30, 2008 at 10:59 PM

This is what, I would consider myself..

although i prefer the term, “Republitarian” since I always vote Republican, and it cuts down on confusion.

Chakra Hammer on March 30, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Pro-trade, pro-reform, pro-defense, internationalist.

This is what Lieberman said he remembers of the Old Democrat Party. It’s not too bad, all things considered. McCain could certainly do worse than being described so.

And compared to the ultra-liberal-socialism of the New Democrat Asylum…

I’ll press for conservative issues as hard as I can, but I think McCain is more likely to turn a bit more to the right, than Obama or Hillary is.

He’s got my vote. Not unreservedly, but the options are too terrible to contemplate.

heldmyw on March 30, 2008 at 11:22 PM

I’d bet a month’s pay Leiberman voted FOR McCain/Kennedy…

DfDeportation on March 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM

And Hillary should run as a third party candidate…ha ha

DfDeportation on March 30, 2008 at 11:27 PM

I disagree with [Lieberman] on a lot of issues, but I have respect for him. He’s honest and unwaivering.

Not so much, If I recall correctly. I seem to remember that Lieberman glibly reversed positions on several matters, most notably abortion, in order to more perfectly align with Algore when Lieberman was his running mate. I’d call that less than honest and definitely wavering.

SynthSmith on March 30, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Lieberman is the black sheep of the Liberal Party,
why,he has his own mind and he thinks independantly
from the rest of them!

Come to think of it,thats a Liberals worst nightmare,
a Liberal with its own thoughts,scary,isn’t it!

canopfor on March 30, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Zell Miller at the RNC, 2004 – superb, and worth every second of one’s time. There are few men like Zell Miller. We are lucky to share the world in his time.

Part 1 of 3

Part 2 of 3

Part 3 of 3

Entelechy on March 30, 2008 at 11:38 PM

I agree with Lieberman. Rush Limbaugh has recently suggested a few times that McCain thinks of himself as Teddy Roosevelt but for a while now I’ve thought JFK, (minus the charisma), to be a better comparison. The elites in the GOP have driven the party to the left where it is now essentially a modern version of the old Democratic Party.

I also agree, as most here probably do, that the extremists on the left have taken over the Democratic Party. It’s the Socialist Party now.

As an independent voter who doesn’t identify with either party, none of this would matter much to me except that we no longer have a conservative party in our government… not really. There are still some conservative members of the GOP but those running the show are overwhelmingly liberal.

Democratic Party = Socialist Party
Republican Party = Democratic Party
Absent = Republican Party

FloatingRock on March 30, 2008 at 11:50 PM

I want Lieberman to switch to (R) just to make the (R) party the majority in the Senate. I want to see The Left’s proverbial head explode.

SouthernGent on March 30, 2008 at 11:54 PM

Chakra Hammer on March 30, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Thanks for the lesson, for whatever reason you gave it. My point, of course, was that FDR was a huge-government political collectivist heavily influenced by socialist, Marxist, and even fascistic thought. The only noteable difference between him and a modern Democrat is that he wasn’t also a Chamberlainian capitulationist.

Meanwhile, I still won’t be surprised if Liebermann somehow winds up as VP on the McCain ticket.

Blacklake on March 30, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Connie, I have the same problem with my parents. They came of age under FDR, and think the Dems walk on water, even though they stand for everything my parents are against.

What about a McCain/Lieberman ticket? That would be a slam-dunk.

Blue-eyed Infidel on March 30, 2008 at 11:57 PM

TO A CELEBRATED HERO FROM AN UNKNOWN WOMAN

(i)

I see you, a fresh-faced boy
crowding into a tiny skiff at the dead of night,
juggling heavy kit and rifle to the jeers of mates:
“Off me lap, Jack – you ain’t me girlfriend!”

Did you know then the gratitude of a nation
was what hung in the air, lacing the stench
of sweat-soaked innocence with ideals
of foolhardy bravado and just cause?

That MY future comfort and ease
would be bought at the price of the fear
falling in curtains down your pack-bruised back,
the blood of comrades clotting beneath your
soul-scraping fingernails and tears of despair
washing your boots free of ignominy and madness?

(ii)

Sir, you do not know me, distanced in time and place
from the scenes of your victory and valour,
but I know you; I know you in the heart of your son
whose life is testimony to the hopes and visions
your brothers died to nurture and preserve.

His actions in a world still ill-at-ease with goodness
render your triumph complete; in him
is your standard a banner raised high
and those whom it shelters bask in your heritage.

(iii)

Your medals may gleam with a righteous pride;
your belt may still be buckled with nobility and courage.

But give me your boots, muddied and torn
for they have carried the burden of toil
and brought home the glory of a nation.

Leading Seaman John Turner, I am forever in your debt.
With untold thankfulness, I salute you.

Kate Burnside

Speakup on March 30, 2008 at 11:59 PM

We owe a debt

No matter one or one million, the same understanding, respect and dignity must be accorded our fallen American children, all precious and irreplaceable.

There is no minimum speed, no maximum time nor limit of care that’s excusable in the expression of appreciation, very deserved, our at rest sons and daughters receive.
To them has fallen the sacrifice, to us falls the debt.

We must never fail in that debt.

Speakup on March 31, 2008 at 12:00 AM

I actually put comments on the wrong thread, geez.

Speakup on March 31, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Nope. Not gonna do it. I will not support John McVain and I will not vote for John McVain. He is not a Republican, he is a RINO. John McVain is more liberal than Hillary Rodham Clinton. Nope! Not gonna do it… wouldn’t be prudent.

SilverStar830 on March 31, 2008 at 12:08 AM

Entelechy on March 30, 2008 at 11:38 PM

2nd video..

“Kerry would let Paris decide when American Needs defending!”

LMAO!

Thats was one awesome speech.

Chakra Hammer on March 31, 2008 at 12:12 AM

Yep. I’ve been mulling it over for a while to give the chap a fair chance, but McCain has failed to step up.

He doesn’t deserve to be president. Neither do any of the candidates. They are all dreadul, pitiful excuses for Americans.

Pardon me for not falling all over myself about McCains Vietnam experience. That does not earn him carte blanche. As he stands today, he is a ghastly abomination of a candidate. I barely recognise him as an American. Awful.

I will not be voting for him. If the tide sweeps in Obama’s/Clinton’s direction I will vote for them. Let the baby (the general ignorant public) have its bottle. We will have thoroughly earned the catastrophic abortion of such a presidency.

This might just be the cusp of America’s decline. I hope sufficient patriots are left to stomach the turmoil of secession.

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Blacklake on March 30, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Whether modern liberalism is founded upon the philosophy of classical liberalism is a subject of dispute. Scholar Leonard Liggio (a self-described classical liberal) holds that modern liberalism does not share the same intellectual foundations as classical liberalism. He says,

“Classical liberalism is liberalism, but the current collectivists have captured that designation in the United States. Happily they did not capture it in Europe, and were glad enough to call themselves socialists. But no one in America wants to be called socialist and admit what they are.

He believes that this is why liberalism means something different in Europe from in America.

Chakra Hammer on March 31, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Sorry. Was this a joke? Dispute?

Contemporary liberalism is a vulgar usurpation of what Jefferson et al would recognise. The tarantula of fascistic socialism wears the outer husk of ‘liberalism’ as its mantle.

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 12:27 AM

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Thats why I posted it, Most American “liberals” of today do not want to be called “Socialists” like they are called in Europe, instead they prefer the term “Progressive” LOL

Chakra Hammer on March 31, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Progressive=Socialist.

Chakra Hammer on March 31, 2008 at 12:32 AM

Chakra Hammer on March 31, 2008 at 12:32 AM

Getcha. :)

You are quite right. The stigma attached to “socialism” doesn’t bear down as hard in Europe – although there is increasing resistance to it ‘on the street’. Euros are very very slowly waking up to the reailty of socialisms cancer.

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 12:35 AM

EricPWJohnson on March 30, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Would that mean you’re headed towards Minnesota? (Sorry, Ed).

thirtypundit on March 31, 2008 at 12:37 AM

OK, now we’ve got an endorsement from the Democrat who wasn’t conservative enough to be a Republican, for the Republican who nearly joined the Democrats. Oh, my head hurts.

Snake307 on March 31, 2008 at 12:39 AM

Euros are very very slowly waking up to the reailty of socialism’s cancer.

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 12:35 AM

It’s hopeless when they’re already incurably metastacized. Though, there’s a bit of hope in the former Soviet bloc countries.

Entelechy on March 31, 2008 at 12:42 AM

I don’t have any respect for Lieberman. When it came time for the senate to vote to impeach Clinton, Liberman talked a good game but then voted not to impeach. Then he was Gore’s vp pick. He and his wife started a group or were members of some group that was opposed to Hollywood’s trashy movies (violence and sex) directed at kids. So then he and Gore go to Hollywood to campaing and get that Hollywood money. He claims to be a stand-up guy, but he isn’t.

cjs1943 on March 31, 2008 at 12:48 AM

This meme will continue with the Democrats this campaign. They will vote for McCain in droves.

Mojave Mark on March 31, 2008 at 12:54 AM

It’s hopeless when they’re already incurably metastacized

I don’t think this is the case at all.

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 12:57 AM

I don’t think this is the case at all.

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 12:57 AM

LimeyGeek, I’m from Europe. What’s the percentage of those who don’t wish Hillary or Obama to be the next president? I know how they cried in 2000 and especially in 2004 when Bush 43 won. We cold talk all night, but, alas, we won’t.

We must fight socialism here, before it gets that way. It’s not easily reversible. Show me examples where it was reversed, anyone, not just LimeyGeek.

Entelechy on March 31, 2008 at 1:15 AM

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 12:23 AM

SCOTUS

Connie on March 31, 2008 at 1:29 AM

Entelechy on March 31, 2008 at 1:15 AM

I have to agree whole heartily with you my friend.

Once socialism embeds itself, it’s hard to change. Just look at our system.

Welfare – government assistance to no end
Social Security – an endless rat hole of government abuse
Medicare – just don’t get sick

The initial purpose was noble but the result has morphed into a monster with an endless appetite for our tax dollars.

What’s needed is self worth, self pride, self sufficiency -
Charity is best when the government isn’t on the donor list.

Kini on March 31, 2008 at 1:39 AM

LimeyGeek, I’m from Europe

I’m not from europe. I’m from the UK. A long time ago. Back when bulldogs had balls ;)

Less than 40%

We cold talk all night, but, alas, we won’t.

I’m suffering from some insomnia recently, so I’m game.

We must fight socialism here, before it gets that way.

Amen. I would, however, refer you to Cuneda.

Show me examples where it was reversed, anyone, not just LimeyGeek

I never needed ‘reversing’, that’s why I left the UK/Europe cesspit. Although I admit it is fanciful, I consider myself very much in the mold of Adams/Jefferson. A classic liberal. For me, my move to America was as natural as breathing.

Then I had the awful shock of discovering how corrupted and perverted America had become.

Show you examples? Sure. Look at the tide turning in the UK in light of the rampant criminal problem, the right to arms. Look at more eastern european countries and the tide against government intrusiveness. Look at Mainland europe and its shockwave due to the islamist threat.

Heck, the fave pop song in southern france used to be “killing an arab”.

I know it’s not conclusive, nor adequate, but I sense a tide about to turn.

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 1:41 AM

SCOTUS

Connie on March 31, 2008 at 1:29 AM

People

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 1:45 AM

Joe L. got it right when he all but said that since 2000 the Dhimmicrats have gone loco.

I do not agree with many (or most) of Joe’s positions but I respect his integrity so when he speaks, I will always listen.

Montana on March 31, 2008 at 1:45 AM

Once socialism embeds itself, it’s hard to change. Just look at our system.

Welfare – government assistance to no end
Social Security – an endless rat hole of government abuse
Medicare – just don’t get sick

We don’t really have a ‘system’. We have an ‘environment’. Unfortunately, it has been abused for far too long – to the point where people cannot even envision change. Very sad.

Why don’t ‘we the people’ organise ourselves and say “no more welfare checks” ?

Because we’re lazy and undeserving of the honorable title “American”.

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 1:51 AM

cjs1943 on March 31, 2008 at 12:48 AM

So you don’t have any respect for the “Consistent Conservative” Fred Thompson either? LOL

BTW, Fred also Co-Sponsored McCain-Feingold.. :P

Chakra Hammer on March 31, 2008 at 1:54 AM

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 1:41 AM

Dude, you really think that? You must live somewhere in a heavily democratic location.

Although I’ve never been to Great Britain, I was born in France.
I’ve lived in central America and in the South Pacific most of my life. I’ve seen abject poverty and corrupt governments.

We might have our problems, but we are not that bad.
Call it our Jefferson Liberalism gone amuck.

Kini on March 31, 2008 at 2:00 AM

In 1999, Sen. Fred Thompson joined legal giants like Sens. Jim Jeffords, Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins to vote against removing Bill Clinton from office for perjury.

Fred Sawyer and Huckabee Finn: By Ann Coulter

Chakra Hammer on March 31, 2008 at 2:02 AM

Impeachment of Bill Clinton

Senate vote: perjury charge

Voting not guilty

Republicans: Chafee of Rhode Island, Collins of Maine, Gorton of Washington, Jeffords of Vermont, Shelby of Alabama, Snowe of Maine, Specter of Pennsylvania, Stevens of Alaska, Thompson of Tennessee, and Warner of Virginia.

Democrats: All of them
—————–

Voting Guilty

Republicans: Abraham of Michigan, Allard of Colorado, Ashcroft of Missouri, Bennett of Utah, Bond of Missouri, Brownback of Kansas, Bunning of Kentucky, Burns of Montana, Campbell of Colorado, Cochran of Mississippi, Coverdell of Georgia, Craig of Idaho, Crapo of Idaho, DeWine of Ohio, Domenici of New Mexico, Enzi of Wyoming, Fitzgerald of Illinois, Frist of Tennessee, Gramm of Texas, Grams of Minnesota, Grassley of Iowa, Gregg of New Hampshire, Hagel of Nebraska, Hatch of Utah, Helms of North Carolina, Hutchinson of Arkansas, Hutchison of Texas, Inhofe of Oklahoma, Kyl of Arizona, Lott of Mississippi, Lugar of Indiana, Mack of Florida, McCain of Arizona, McConnell of Kentucky, Murkowski of Alaska, Nickles of Oklahoma, Roberts of Kansas, Roth of Delaware, Santorum of Pennsylvania, Sessions of Alabama, Smith of New Hampshire, Smith of Oregon, Thomas of Wyoming, Thurmond of South Carolina, and Voinovich of Ohio.

Democrats: NONE

Chakra Hammer on March 31, 2008 at 2:11 AM

Democratic Party = Socialist Party
Republican Party = Democratic Party
Absent = Republican Party

FloatingRock on March 30, 2008 at 11:50 PM

I can’t argue with this. This is certainly the way the parties are moving. I guess I have until November to decide what is worse a socialist or an old school democrat. I’ll have to think about it some more.

Dollayo on March 31, 2008 at 2:17 AM

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 1:51 AM

Precisely! But I don’t think we are lazy or undeserving.
I think it’s more that the ordinary liberal people in this country see the wealth and affluence that is this country as an evil. The envy of our successes is our Achilles’ heel in some ways to some people. However, the opportunities are endless here.

We are all about change. It’s the socialist programs I mentioned before that have stagnated the imagination and stifled ambition.

What Lieberman said is very true about the Democratic party for what’s left of it. It once was a noble institution for freedom and achievement, but its dissolved itself into a nanny-state care-for-all better than you party of the very rich and very poor. It has forgotten the middle of America.

Kini on March 31, 2008 at 2:27 AM

Democratic Party = Socialist Party
Republican Party = Democratic Party
Absent = Republican Party

FloatingRock on March 30, 2008 at 11:50 PM

I would change it to like this..

Democrat Party = Extreme Socialist/Communist(Collectivist)Party

Republican Party = Big Tent wit a Mix of Conservative Republican, Democrats(classical liberals), and some off shoots of Libertarians

Chakra Hammer on March 31, 2008 at 2:34 AM

And i know that Collectivists, do not like to be called “Communist”, however to me it’s like an American “Liberal/Progressive” that do not want to be called a Socialist.

Walks like a duck.. Quacks like a duck..

Chakra Hammer on March 31, 2008 at 2:40 AM

Lieberman is still a Democrat by nature, he just hasn’t been taken in by the loony left insanity that the Dem base has taken on lately. For that he has incurred the wrath of the hyper-partisans over on Daily Kos and their pals.

There are many decent Democrat politicians, and he is one of them. The fact that Markos wanted him burnt at the stake speaks volumes…

Ares on March 31, 2008 at 5:21 AM

Zell Miller! >:D

He’s Da Man!

Chakra Hammer on March 30, 2008 at 10:24 PM

It would be easier to support Zell Miller for president than that idiot McCain. Too bad he’s not in the race.

Zorro on March 31, 2008 at 6:50 AM

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 12:23 AM

I generally like your comments. They’re blunt. The part in bold I HATE. Hope you re-consider and vote for no one.

JiangxiDad on March 31, 2008 at 7:25 AM

Entelechy on March 30, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Yeah, I’m sure you and many do. I remember him giving Bill C. the big
“pass” with the other Democrat senators in the impeachment fiasco. How “honest and decent a treasure” was that when he professed dismay and disgust at what Billy Jeff had done?

Sloan Morganstern on March 31, 2008 at 8:45 AM

The party of BillyJeff and the Algore. Strong internationalists. Strong on defense.

Bill Clinton was strong on defense? WTF is Liebs talking about? BJ slashed the military budgets. Is Liebs getting senile?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on March 31, 2008 at 9:20 AM

Is this clip saying something about Lieberman…. or McCain.

Ernest on March 31, 2008 at 10:19 AM

The democrat party went bad before the year 2000! It’s been hurting this country since at least the 1960′s!

bluestater on March 31, 2008 at 10:27 AM

Chakra Hammer did you once have a crush on Lorrie Morgan? Get over it, man.

melda on March 31, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Yes I do & no I don’t.

OK, perhaps my language leans toward the melodramatic, but not by much.

I too have seen many different people in different situations, and we are, by light years, an idyllic nation.

My more damning words are reserved for us alone, not as a comparison to others. I am expressing a deep disgust with how far we have fallen from our own standard. I think of how the founding fathers would look in horror at what America has become, and that is the measure of my disgust.

I am consoled by the mettle of many that post here :) Hot Air is therapeutic!

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 11:13 AM

I just start thinking I might vote for McCain then I see stuff like this and bingo, I’m back to not voting. How the Republican party ever got to this point is way over my head.

If John (Feingold-Kennedy-Hernandez)McCain is a Republican then I’m not.

How can the greatest country in history put these three losers up as candidates for the presidency?

Ernest on March 31, 2008 at 11:16 AM

I generally like your comments. They’re blunt

Thank you. I greatly appreciate your contributions here also :) Along with many others, I might add! This is a good place.

My bluntness is the natural consequence of a genetic disposition casually identified as “not suffering fools gladly” – even when I am that fool ;)

The part in bold I HATE

I didn’t expect to win favour when I typed it, I admit.

Hope you re-consider and vote for no one

That is an option I have considered. If it looks like McCain (presumably) will confidently take the presidency, I guess there is no reason to meddle with the process.

But if ‘we the people’ are so seriously deranged that it looks likely that we will elect a manipulative, condescending, race-pandering, socialistic imbecile, then quite frankly it is my wish that we experience the brutal consequences. Maybe then we’ll learn our lesson.

Install a disgrace to the presidency and let’s eviscerate it publicly. Spend 4 years bludgeoning the administration. Think Dubya had it bad? Clinton/Obama should go down in history as a timeless example of America’s most abject failure. Something we can always look back to and say “never again”.

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 11:24 AM

I am supremely mystified also. Beggars belief. I can only conclude that we are, in significant part, populated with folk that are most categorically not Americans.

How dare I commit the cardinal sin of questioning their patriotism!

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Kini on March 31, 2008 at 2:27 AM

PS. I really do love your website – especially your pictures of dinner!

Outstanding sir :)

LimeyGeek on March 31, 2008 at 11:30 AM

though Mr. Lieberman might be in his cabinet.

I think he would a good Sec of State. I would love to see the radical Muslims having to deal with a Jew

ConservativePartyNow on March 31, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Clinton/Gore was…”Strong Internationalist”? As in international’e? What were C/G administration great international stong points? Oslo accords (moderm Munich accords)? Bombing Serbia?

Strong on defence? Like in completely neglecting terrorist threats, cutting on NSA/CIA, undermining FBI investigations against Al-Qaeda cells, shooting million dollar tomahawks against empty 50$ tents in Afghanistan as a retaliation against AQ Terror?

Lieberman is a shameful liar. A Democrat stays Democrat.

Aristotle on March 31, 2008 at 12:36 PM

You guys need to look at Lieberman’s stance on issues before you go patting him on the back. He likes McCain for many of the reasons we hate him. Quit jumping on bandwagons. The enemy of your enemy isn’t always your friend.

Levinite on March 31, 2008 at 12:42 PM