Politico: Hillary’s a deadbeat

posted at 3:50 pm on March 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

Obama’s cash on hand for the primary: $31 million, minus $625K in debt. Her Majesty’s: $16 million, minus, er, $8.7 million in debts to other people. And $5 million in debt to herself. For a net of just north of two million dollars.

No real comment here, just a jolt of schadenfreude on a lazy Sunday afternoon as an increasingly desperate, embarrassing, quixotic quest turns ever more desperate, embarrassing, and quixotic. Maybe she can borrow some money from her new pal, Richard Scaife?

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s cash-strapped presidential campaign has been putting off paying hundreds of bills for months — freeing up cash for critical media buys but also earning the campaign a reputation as something of a deadbeat in some small-business circles.

A pair of Ohio companies owed more than $25,000 by Clinton for staging events for her campaign are warning others in the tight-knit event production community — and anyone else who will listen — to get their cash upfront when doing business with her. Her campaign, say representatives of the two companies, has stopped returning phone calls and e-mails seeking payment of outstanding invoices. One even got no response from a certified letter.

Their cautionary tales, combined with published reports about similar difficulties faced by a New Hampshire landlord, an Iowa office cleaner and a New York caterer, highlight a less-obvious impact of Clinton’s inability to keep up with the staggering fundraising pace set by her opponent for the Democratic presidential nomination, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama…

“We worked very hard to put together these events on a moment’s notice and do absolutely everything to a ‘t’ to make it look perfect on television for her and for her campaign,” said the employee. “Sen. Clinton talks about helping working families, people in unions and small businesses. But when it comes down to actually doing something that shows that she can back up her words with action, she fails.”

Between this story and her team’s sparkling record on managing her campaign finances, I’m more jazzed for Hillarycare then I’ve ever been before. Exit question: Her creditors only hate her because they’re sexists, right?

Comments

The one thing I worry about is democrats getting organized in their election efforts. They are already ahead of republicans in GOTV and if they ever put it all together they will be unbeatible.

Why Im finally giving up my day job and going back into politics. I want to take the fight to the knuckleheads in the RNC and show them that their dinosaur ways of doing campaigns are dying. Hopefully I will get attached to some campaign somewhere.

William Amos on March 30, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Maybe she needs a cash infusion from the Fed.

They like bailing out losers.

MB4 on March 30, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Time for some fundraisers in China, Hilldog.

VolMagic on March 30, 2008 at 3:58 PM

William Amos on March 30, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Awesome – I hope you’ll keep us up to date!

RushBaby on March 30, 2008 at 4:01 PM

among the anti-Clinton groups there are seven with names around the theme “Life’s a Bitch – Don’t vote for one.”

I bet the “anti-Clinton groups” are not all conservative.

Obama has more money than Hillary? Hillary “I love people. He must be a capitalistic pig”.

Entelechy on March 30, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Bill had Charlie Tre and Johnny Chung. Hillary has ugats.

Zorro on March 30, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Awesome – I hope you’ll keep us up to date!

RushBaby on March 30, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Im gonna try and hookup with John Kasich in his run for Governor here in Ohio. At least that is the first thing I will try.

William Amos on March 30, 2008 at 4:09 PM

AP, buddy, seriously the picture on front. Creepy, nauseating, ookie. Have mercy on us. I have to eat again some day.

Branch Rickey on March 30, 2008 at 4:12 PM

As I said on MMs tread on the same subject…

The fact that she feels like she needs to “fix” the economy and is willing to lecture us on it, show HUGE amounts of Hubris…

But hey, she could always take a morgage on her house…

Romeo13 on March 30, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Who knows, maybe Hitlary still has the one big nuke left in her arsenal that will finish Obama off as an April surprise.

Like Obama ululating and trampling on the flag. Or something.

Niko on March 30, 2008 at 4:20 PM

Typical White Person. Not paying her bills.

lorien1973 on March 30, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Don’t get between a liberal and their money…They want to save the world…but not with their own money. That is what taxpayer’s are for…

Nozzle on March 30, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Like all liberals, Hillary cares about “the people” only in the abstract. If they’re real people, f**k ‘em

Cicero43 on March 30, 2008 at 4:25 PM

William Amos on March 30, 2008 at 4:09 PM

That’s really super! I am “getting involved” more in politics mainly because just sitting around complaining on the internet has made me ashamed of myself a little bit!

A few years ago I had lunch with the (then) chairman of the Texas Democratic Party and to my surprise he asked me to come and work with them. Can you believe it? Of course I said no and proceeded to tell him what a big conservative I was. Never heard from him again, LOL.

RushBaby on March 30, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Maybe Maggie Williams can lend her a few bucks:

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s campaign manager, Maggie Williams, earned about $200,000 on the board of a Long Island subprime lender that charged prepayment penalties — a practice that Clinton, a critic of the subprime industry, now seeks to eliminate.

Buy Danish on March 30, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Maybe Maggie Williams can lend her a few bucks:

Buy Danish on March 30, 2008 at 4:26 PM

You just can’t make this up. Brilliant post.

Branch Rickey on March 30, 2008 at 4:33 PM

“— to get their cash upfront when doing business with her.”

…… kinda sounds like prostitution, doesn’t it? So I’ve been told…….

Seven Percent Solution on March 30, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Typical White Person. Not paying her bills.

lorien1973 on March 30, 2008 at 4:22 PM

…This is an interesting statement. Of the black people who live in my neighborhood, none of them work. Yes, black’s bills get paid, just not by them.

revolution on March 30, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Maybe she can ask her old buddies, Former Media-Moguls-Turned-Hollywood-Has-beens, The Thomilsons, for a quickie loan. That is unless they are courting Obama 2008 placards in their front yard.

pilamaye on March 30, 2008 at 4:37 PM

“— to get their cash upfront when doing business with her.”

…… kinda sounds like prostitution, doesn’t it? So I’ve been told…….

Seven Percent Solution on March 30, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Maybe not only at Emporer’s VIP Club?

Branch Rickey on March 30, 2008 at 4:40 PM

“I need to do something to come to the attention of the good guys…working on it…Yesterday I was selected as an alternate delegate to the Texas state convention after a marvelously combative county convention!

RushBaby on March 30, 2008 at 4:26 PM”

Operation Chaos II, if you please….

Seven Percent Solution on March 30, 2008 at 4:42 PM

I’m sure Hill has given her word she will eventually pay up.

Oh wait.

fogw on March 30, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Just another “deadbeat dem”

darwin-t on March 30, 2008 at 4:49 PM

On the social networking site Facebook, among the anti-Clinton groups there are seven with names around the theme “Life’s a B**ch – Don’t vote for one.”

I bet they’re not all conservatives.

Entelechy on March 30, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Clinton Campaign: Culture of Collections.

RushBaby on March 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM

That picture of Hillary that you use always reminds me of a movie poster, but I can’t remember which one. It’s quite frustrating.

The first thing that comes to mind is The Joker, but I don’t think that’s it. It’s some kind of clown face though, I’m pretty sure.

29Victor on March 30, 2008 at 5:11 PM

It might be the Nutcracker. Wouldn’t that be fitting.

29Victor on March 30, 2008 at 5:11 PM

It’s some kind of clown face though, I’m pretty sure.

29Victor on March 30, 2008 at 5:11 PM

Here’s the clown you’re thinking of.

RushBaby on March 30, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Branch Rickey on March 30, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Heh heh heh AP is very cruel in a beta male kind of way on things like this…

doriangrey on March 30, 2008 at 5:19 PM

Here’s the clown you’re thinking of.

RushBaby on March 30, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Thanks, RushBaby, but that ain’t it (never seen that before). It’s the creepy, frozen affect, wide open eyes, double chin, puffy cheeks but mostly the grin that remind me of something… It might just be Howdy Doody, but he never creeped me out.

29Victor on March 30, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Thanks, RushBaby, but that ain’t it (never seen that before).
29Victor on March 30, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Could this be it this from “Bride of Chucky”

Branch Rickey on March 30, 2008 at 5:54 PM

imdb.com/title/tt0144120/

29Victor on March 30, 2008 at 5:37 PM

can’t get link to work….

Branch Rickey on March 30, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Now why would I NOT be surprised by this at all? Oh yeah! It’s Hillary! Hillary CLINTON! Right, right, right. Now I remember! Clintons lie! It’s what they do best!

Never mind!

Vntnrse on March 30, 2008 at 6:06 PM

— to get their cash upfront when doing business with her.”

…… kinda sounds like prostitution, doesn’t it? So I’ve been told…….

However, I suspect some of the strumpets are more virtuous when dealing with their customers. So the fine old art of ‘tennis shoeing’ out on bills seems to be the senator’s style. Ugh. No class.

Orson Buggeigh on March 30, 2008 at 6:14 PM

I told Bill not to give her that Master Card!

conservnut on March 30, 2008 at 6:15 PM

Just the fact that Dhimmicrats are wasting their money using it against each other is wonderful. You GO girl!

Shadenfreudelicious!

Mojave Mark on March 30, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Is this who we want to trust to run ruin healthcare?

Wade on March 30, 2008 at 6:38 PM

Is this who we want to trust to run ruin healthcare?

Wade on March 30, 2008 at 6:38 PM

Nevermind, I forgot what a stellar job Boosh has done budgeting money.

Wade on March 30, 2008 at 6:41 PM

Wade on March 30, 2008 at 6:41 PM

You do know that its CONGRESS who decides where money is going to be spent? or did you fail basic Government…

You know… the Congress where she already works… as does Obama, and sadly, McCain?

Romeo13 on March 30, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Here’s the clown you’re thinking of.

RushBaby on March 30, 2008 at 5:16 PM

That pretty much sums it up……

Seven Percent Solution on March 30, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Waitress in Ohio after the Clinton campaign leaves the diner……..

“Hey! Where’s my tip!!!”

Seven Percent Solution on March 30, 2008 at 6:50 PM

Hillary needs to return to High School and learn how to balance her checkbook…..oh, thats right, we don’t teach our kids the important fundamentals anymore. It’s all about sex, STD’s, condoms and no parental rights towards their 11 year old pregnant daughters. What a wonderful lioberal world we live in.

geminicontender on March 30, 2008 at 7:35 PM

I love that picture of her on this thread. She looks like she just stepped onto the short bus and is proud of herself for doing it. “Weeeeee, my mommy packed Jello in my lunch box”.

Claypigeon on March 30, 2008 at 8:10 PM

You do know that its CONGRESS who decides where money is going to be spent? or (sic) did you fail basic Government…(sic)

Romeo13 on March 30, 2008 at 6:45 PM

You do know that Boosh has veto powers and for over half his term his party controlled congress? or (sic)did you fail basic Government…(what ever that is).

I am not going to give you a civics lesson but I think you should learn where the bills for revenue originate and the responsibilities of each section of government. One thing you will find is the bills do not originate in the section of congress where Senators work. All this secret knowledge can be found in the Constitution. Read it or did you fail basic English ?

Wade on March 30, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Hey, I donated money to Hillary this week, perhaps she’ll be able to pay some of those debts soon. The rest of you should donate to the most Conservative Candidate, Hillary Clinton too.

Snake307 on March 30, 2008 at 8:34 PM

Probably put a decimal in the wrong spot or some mundane detail.
Maybe she will start accepting food stamps.

Buttercup on March 30, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Hillary! The candidate of shortchange.

chsw

chsw on March 30, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Wade on March 30, 2008 at 8:11 PM

sigh… you do notice I said CONGRESS, not the Senate?

becuase you know… since you are such a Constitutional scholar, that the House starts bills, but the Senate must vote on them as well? And oh… amends them? and adds earmarks themselves?

But please, keep your snark goin… please go ahead and dismiss the reality of the American Government so you can continue in your BDS…

Romeo13 on March 30, 2008 at 11:27 PM

I have always been amazed about the ‘need’ for more sex education and ‘information’. What kids need to know is that they need some self-control and should ‘not’ have sex until they are truly ready for the consequences. How many 13-14 year-olds in this society need any how-to education about sex? The how-not education should be why wait and the value that comes with waiting. Does drug/alcohol/smoking education begin with assuming kids will use drugs, therefore we tell them how to buy/use/manage drug use? What happened to ‘just say no’?

What information does Obama want his daughter to know? When sex and babies are NOT connected as cause and effect. morality falls apart. Comprehensive ‘sex education’ teaches how to have sex without having babies. This perspective can be refuted with a variety of perpectives: religious, emotional, psychological, moral. When sex education teaches that sex and babies are NOT directly related, but a ‘punishment’ for not having an abortion, the whole social foundation for raising children and families in a loving environment disappears. In its place we find abortion, divorce, abuse, and poverty. Sadly, this is the real goal of liberal democrats, socialists, and the pro-choice crowd. By assuming irresponsible sex in teens is natural and dis-assocciating sex and babies, liberals seek to undermine and cut the one true, undeniable connection between sex and babies that has true meaning: love. When we teach our children to cheapen and deny love, we slowly take away our (and their) humanity.

In the novel/movie Dune, the mark of a true human was someone who could endure extreme pain, overcoming the animal urge to cut off the source of the pain. It is precisely our ability to control our basic animal instincts that makes us human. As human beings, we can overcome the basic urges, sex, hunger, pain, sleep, even survival, for those we love. This is what our children (and society) need to learn. It is this war between true love and selfishness that lies at the root of the abortion issue, and will determine the future of our society, nation, and world.

jerseyman on March 31, 2008 at 1:12 PM

She’s clearly no friend of small business. If these are local event planning companies, couldn’t getting stiffed for $25,000 potentially ruin them? And this is her M.O.? Yikes. Portent of things to come if she wins?

Spolitics on March 31, 2008 at 2:03 PM