Video: Octogenarian WWII paratrooper 1, teen mugger 0

posted at 6:00 pm on March 29, 2008 by Allahpundit

There’s something about an 81-year-old veteran and the phrase “And then I kicked him in the teeth” that’s simply magical. Click the image to watch.

paratrooper.jpg

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

There are times I get annoyed reading here. There are weeks or months when I leave.

That’s when I miss your writing terribly. Please don’t do that so often. You are a voice of sanity and your wit is unsurpassed. Your candor is splendid. Your accountability and leadership by example are beyond words. Your cojones are pure steel. May you be here for another 70 years.

Remembering that is the best reason to come back here.

Professor Blather on March 30, 2008 at 12:57 AM

So glad whenever you do. I salute you, our dear Professor Blather. Please be careful. We need you here. With much respect,

Entelechy on March 30, 2008 at 1:47 AM

You want to see things improve in Iraq! Send this guy!!
His “Ten Toes Of Death” would definately get the job done!!

gboy63 on March 30, 2008 at 2:13 AM

I am very proud to say, I met this man 4 weeks ago, at a local pub. He had stopped for a beer after performing duty on the rifle detail (firing of the volleys) of a soldier KIA in Iraq.
He walked past me at the bar, wearing the same outfit he is shown wearing in the interview. He had driven to the east bay to perform this service, and said that the only time he stopped for a beer was after such an occasion. “I’m too old to get in trouble at bars anymore.”
We spoke for about 15 minutes, and I happily bought the man a beer. We exchanged war stories; mine as a vet of OIF I was nothing compared to his. Mr. Clouston served in the 502nd of the 101st, at Bastogne, “I’ve never been so cold in my life,” he said. Amazingly, he said that he wasn’t wounded at all in WWII, but did catch shrapnel from a mortar round that hit the front of a tank he was standing next to in Korea. He was in the regimental combat team of the 7th ID, which was virtually destroyed at the Chosin reservoir.
I am very proud to say that I had the chance to meet him, and glad to learn that he still has the fight in him. The liberal media being what it is, especially here in Nor Cal, I don’t watch local news. I never would have caught this if not for being a regular HotAir reader. Thanks, Allah.
Wade (Green 6 golf)

Green 6 golf on March 30, 2008 at 2:29 AM

Professor Blather on March 30, 2008 at 1:09 AM
HEY! Nice to read you again!
You know we have somewhere in common…
My parents used to also take me shopping at the same grocery store as Mr. Staubach.
Hope you&yours are well.

christophercube on March 30, 2008 at 2:42 AM

Green 6 golf on March 30, 2008 at 2:29 AM

You both are great Americans for serving your country!! America is the greatest country in the world because of people like you!! I would have baught both of you two beers!!
God Bless You and He Both for your Service!!!

gboy63 on March 30, 2008 at 3:21 AM

Man, that guy was SO badass. That story made my year, I think.

emmaline1138 on March 30, 2008 at 3:47 AM

And by “was,” I meant “is.”

emmaline1138 on March 30, 2008 at 3:47 AM

Airborne!

spec_ops_mateo on March 30, 2008 at 7:22 AM

Liberals and Code Pinkers are watching the video of the 81 year old man right now confused at what they are watching. Allow me to help: you are watching a MAN. We used to have some of those in this country once. I think wikipedia has an article on what all that was about.

billy on March 29, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Ugh! That criminal should still be sucking his dinner through a straw not dinging for free and getting $20 on top of it.

MannyT-vA on March 30, 2008 at 9:16 AM

Reminds me of my Grandfather, WW2 Army Vet, Pacific Theater. He was his unit’s boxing champ and could’ve kicked my azz until the day he was … “Reassigned”. Right before he died I had his name added to the WW2 Memorial.

Nice work, SSGT, thank you for your continued service. AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!

And a note to any punks (not that they can read) don’t mess with a guy who jumps out of a perfectly good airplane to go kick some nazi azz.

Tony737 on March 30, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Too true. The America that man fought for is close to extinction.

JellyToast on March 29, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Bravo Zulu S/SGT!!

Unfortunately, you’re correct in your statement. The cynic in me says the DA or police will try to arrest this elderly hero on grounds he used greater force than the perp used while defending himself.

Mooseman on March 30, 2008 at 9:41 AM

No such thing as ex-marine!! Well, now i guess no such thing as ex-airborne either!!! This is why we call them the greatest generation. Talk to them once and you will learn. Every chance I get I talk to them when I visit the VA hospital here in Phoenix. Always a lesson to be learned from these remarkable AMERICANS…

pueblo1032 on March 30, 2008 at 12:38 PM

No apologies. No second thoughts. No political correctness

True courage. True humility.

Fast forward and contrast to Jerry Springer who attempts to cultivate the worst humanity can offer. We know there is a better human being available and this man, and his good wife are the evidence.

Makes my day.

entagor on March 30, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Nice story. But do we only have the man’s word that he was mugged? Were there any witnesses? Is he making it all up?

Apeking on March 30, 2008 at 1:13 PM

The women in those awful Lifetime movies need to take a quick lesson from this wonderful patriot: just kick ‘em in the juevos. Kicking them in the teeth while they’re writhing in pain on the ground is the icing on the cake.
You go sir, semper fi.

Christine on March 30, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Ahhhh yep….. there is great merit to kicking a slug when he’s down…. avoids further grief. We would do well to remember that in our political battles. Conservatives are just too darn nice.

MNDavenotPC on March 30, 2008 at 2:02 PM

As the great Staff Sergeant Dave Bellavia, United States ARMY once said:

My grandmother always taught me to fight fair and never hit a guy when he’s not looking.

Wrong, Grandma. That’s the best time to hit him. If you get a free shot, knock the corn out of his sh-t.

Never hit a man when he’s down? Bullsh-t. Show me a better time.

-”House-to-House“, chapter 7 “Battle Madness”, pg.: 112, by SSG David Bellavia, USA

HOOAH.

Virus-X on March 30, 2008 at 2:58 PM

Apeking I have a strong suspicion that if you go and ask him man to man, that he would probably demonstrate why you don’t question the honor of a WWII paratrooper.

barbp on March 30, 2008 at 4:55 PM

how would MSNBC handle this story? INNOCENT TEEN ASSAULTED BY ROWDY PARATROOPER. There you go.

MaiDee on March 30, 2008 at 6:24 PM

HOOAH.
-Virus-X

Great book! David wille in D.C. for the VFF rally at the Capitol, Apr. 8th, 9:30-11:00. Also, Marco Matinez (Hard Corps) and Marcus Luttrell (Lone Survivor) will be there too! I hope to meet some HotHeads there!

Tony737 on March 30, 2008 at 11:20 PM

MaiDee on March 30, 2008 at 6:24 PM

Yes and soon after that… Congressman Murtha calls for Paratrooper’s Arrest for assaulting innocent teen civillian in cold blood!!!

gboy63 on March 30, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Tony737 on March 30, 2008 at 9:35 AM

My Grandpa that just passed was in the Pacific also..(Army)

My other Grandpa that died, several years ago, WWII vet. was in Europe..(Army)
This grandpa was Huge! 6’6 250lbs.
Thats what it said on his discharge papers. >:D

he weighed way more than that when i knew him.(Big GUY) :)

Chakra Hammer on March 30, 2008 at 11:47 PM

I would be honored to walk down the street with this guy.

Dollayo on March 31, 2008 at 2:35 AM

I would be honored to walk down the street with this guy.

I agree. I sure wouldn’t want to piss the guy off though.

High Desert Wanderer on March 31, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Young punk get kicked in the jingly-janglies by someone old enough to be is great-grandfather. Classic.

That said, my own grandfather (tank commander in WWII) would have shot the guy. He always had a pistol on/around his person at all times until the day he died.

Vic on March 31, 2008 at 12:36 PM

My gpa was cut from the same cloth, fought in WW2 in the South Pacific. Used to say ‘I’ll pinch your head off’ when he was trying to sound tough…but I think he would’ve!

My family’s from that area, 4th Street is where all the punks hang out so it’s not surprising. No doubt some rich kid trying to gain street cred. I suppose it’ll be a badge of courage or disgrace trying to tell all his buddies why his teeth are knocked out. ‘You should’ve seen the other guy!’ will be his mantra, right?

Getting my butt whooped by an 80+ yr old guy carrying his groceries…hmmm, yeah, probably wouldn’t want my friends to know about that one.

We need more good citizens like this gent!

Biffstir on March 31, 2008 at 1:46 PM

That. Was. AWESOME! I’ve already sent that to my email list.

VikingGoneWild on March 31, 2008 at 5:12 PM