Video: “Fitna” now online; Update: Torrent link added; Update: LiveLeak issues statement; Update: Muslim leader shrugs

posted at 2:27 pm on March 27, 2008 by Allahpundit

He posted it on his party’s website, but that appears to be down already. This just turned up on LiveLeak; I’m guessing it’s the real deal. Standby.

Update: LiveLeak must be getting hit hard because I can’t get it to load here. If you see copies elsewhere, e-mail the link.

Update: The English version won’t load. Here’s the Dutch.

Update: I’m attempting to download it from LiveLeak. We’ll see what Michelle wants to do. I’m about halfway through watching it and what’s interesting is how familiar so many of the people featured will be to blog readers.

Update: A tipster tells me this is the torrent. I’m not vouching for it. I haven’t downloaded it. Proceed at your own risk.

Update: All right, the torrent worked like a charm. When I first started downloading, there were something like eight people sharing. By the time I was done, it was 61. The movie will be all over the world in hours. Internet fee-vah!

Update: Click the thumbnail to see what the front page of LiveLeak looks like right now. They’re obviously willing to go to the mat to keep this online. Hats off.

liveleak.jpg

Update: LiveLeak speaks:

LiveLeak.com has a strict stance on remaining unbiased and allowing freedom of speech as so far as the law and our rules allow. There was no legal reason to refuse Geert Wilders the right to post his film (Fitna) on LiveLeak.com and it is not our place to censor people based on an emotive response. We in no way endorse Geert Wilders, his views, nor the views expressed within Fitna. To many of us involved in LiveLeak.com some of the messages therein are personally offensive. That being said, our being offended is no reason to deny Mr Wilders the right to have his film seen. Pre-emptive censorship or a discriminatory policy towards freedom of speech are both things we oppose here on LiveLeak.com. A person has a simple, clear choice about whether to view this film. No one is being forced to view it and nor is it being broadcasted on every channel on their television set. If you click on media simply to be annoyed, it is pointless to blame others for your choice.

We do not intend on defending the content of Fitna, only our choice to allow it. Anyone has the full right of reply on LiveLeak.com. Any person or organizations are free to post their opinion and, dependent on said response falling within both the law and our rules, we will afford such responses equal exposure. There are undoubtedly better ways to spark a discussion but this film is now out there and we believe we should all grasp this opportunity to create an open dialogue and discussion on this subject.

Update: At least one Dutch Muslim leader is underwhelmed.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

THANK YOU LiveLeak for standing up for freedom of speech.

Liberty still lives!

AZCoyote on March 27, 2008 at 3:58 PM

English Views: 781,718
Dutch Views: 1,610,098
Torrent Downloads: 1,646

amerpundit on March 27, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Putting it out on Thursday before Friday rage day is perfect. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.

ProudPatriot on March 27, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Yep. Muslim leaders have been attempting to preach non-reaction. We’ll see.

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 4:03 PM

The Internet Crusade has begun. Oh, am I sorry that word might offend….. NOT on your life!

MNDavenotPC on March 27, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Good for LiveLeak. They fill the void where Youtube is too politically correct to go.

Terri on March 27, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Wow.

apollyonbob on March 27, 2008 at 4:04 PM

I’m still watching it, but, just, I have no words.

Religion of Peace, my butt.

wherestherum on March 27, 2008 at 4:06 PM

I found it here:

shibumi on March 27, 2008 at 4:06 PM

I want to show this to my Dem coworkers, but I don’t think they’d take it seriously. “Islam is a beautiful religion. It’s just the radicals that make it bad.” I kid you not, that is what one of them told me.

wherestherum on March 27, 2008 at 4:08 PM

This is too mild to start riots, right? Not koran desecration really.

Vote Sauron 08 on March 27, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Wowsers… I bet this is all over Digg because people there care about social activism and would want to spread the word about this video… click, click, click..

Oh… maybe it’s in the videos section… click, click, click…

Dang… I bet if somebody put a post on Digg titled Fitna video, exposes Bush lies IMPEACH now, it’d be on the front page in microseconds…

Skywise on March 27, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Absolutely staggering. This should be broadcast from every station. I’m contributing my two cents by seeding the torrent as long as possible.

vonspringer on March 27, 2008 at 4:12 PM

I watched it on Liveleak.com and didn’t find anything new or particularly hateful in it. There’s nothing you won’t see in blogs or other movies on line. Why anyone on Liveleak staff would be offended is beyond me unless it’s because they find viewing atrocities distasteful.

NNtrancer on March 27, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Bashmallah is still the scariest bit of footage I’ve ever seen. Something about a cute and once-innocent toddler spewing the venom recently implanted in her brain.

Beagle on March 27, 2008 at 4:13 PM

LiveLeak is being hack-attacked and had disabled many features. I was only able to see the first couple of minutes. Now I can view any video I click on there.

ej_pez on March 27, 2008 at 4:13 PM

that was excellent.

therightwinger on March 27, 2008 at 4:14 PM

If you can’t watch it here on HA, The Jawa Report has downloaded it on GoogleVideo http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/191968.php

Lance Murdock on March 27, 2008 at 4:17 PM

I suspect that in the Muslim world, the ending will be truncated after it shows someone about to rip a page out of the Koran. That way, they won’t know that it was the sound of a telephone book page being ripped. That should set them off. You might wonder why so-called moderate Muslims aren’t out in the street protesting the way radicals have turned their religion into something hateful, but that’s not going to happen.

NNtrancer on March 27, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Freedom of Speech is a beauuuuuuuuuuuttttttteeeeeeeeeful thing!

omnipotent on March 27, 2008 at 4:18 PM

I tried posting a diary at DailyKos. Here: http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/3/27/15822/3812

It’s gotten very few comments–they just don’t care. One of the comments was that Moroccans are not rioting yet, so Wilders is a fool. They actually are laughing that there is no riots yet, as if Wilders footage is just propaganda. They really believe it, I think.

Useful tools.

Vanceone on March 27, 2008 at 4:18 PM

ej_pez on March 27, 2008 at 4:13 PM

I can still get to the video on liveleak itself:

bnelson44 on March 27, 2008 at 4:19 PM

This seems to be mainly a compilation of what we’ve seen before.

Hopefully more people will open their eyes to Islam, for the first time.

Speakup on March 27, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Quick question.

What’s the best method for playing an FLV file?

The audio works in VLC media player, but the visual does not.

And Windows Media Player has zero idea what to do with it.

I already saw the movie on LiveLeak, but it would be very nice to figure out how to make the bittorrent version work.

Any assistance from anyone will be sincerely appreciated.

Hawkins1701 on March 27, 2008 at 4:20 PM

In all honesty, I always kind of looked down on LiveLeak because they host so much gore and snuff material. However, this set of occurrences just hoisted them to video site #1 for me.

MadisonConservative on March 27, 2008 at 4:20 PM

The good news is they are killing each other in the middle east at a good clip. I hope they keep it up.

saiga on March 27, 2008 at 4:20 PM

should be a wake up call.

Dr. Manhattan on March 27, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Absolutely it should be a wake-up call, as others have mentioned not much new in the video to describe what fascist Islam is all about and what their ultimate goals are, but unfortunately I do not see those that have had their heads buried in the sand (or up their arses) since and before 9-11 will suddenly wake from their fear/ignorance induced denial.

At best they will continue to turn a blind eye to the reality of our situation (again out of fear or ignorance) and continue to live in denial. At worse they will continue to cloud this important issue (our very survival) with their constant memes on such powerful information as this video presents as being nothing more than “hate mongering” “politics of fear” “Islamo-phobia” “racist” or one of the many other false labels they apply in order to continue to live in denial and/or impede our ability to fight the very real threat that Islamic fascism presents. No, instead they will continue to do all in their power to deny reality out of their fear and/or ignorance and they do so not only at their own peril but at ours as well!

Liberty or Death on March 27, 2008 at 4:21 PM

It’s time to start uploading it to YouTube. Then break out the stopwatch to see how long it stays up.

Asher on March 27, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Bravo! Very moving.

Terri on March 27, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Thanks for the links, Connie. But believe me, they’re in deep deep Dhimmi denial. There may be hope for one-she and her parents escaped from Iran before the Shah fell. Jimmy Carter is sure as hell no hero to her. But the others in my office still heart Jimmy and believe in the Religion of Peace.

Of course, as I’ve said before, Islam is the Religion of Peace like the Democrats are the Party of Tolerance.

wherestherum on March 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM

I was able to download it twice in the last 20 mins.

allrsn on March 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM

There are no more “wake-up calls.” The people who are sleeping snoozed 9/11, Cole, embassies, and every jihad conflict around the entire world. Not to mention the early Islamic conquests.

Beagle on March 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Useful tools.

Vanceone on March 27, 2008 at 4:18 PM

I just read that. There are never any words for these tools, except to hope that they meet a Jihadi who doesn’t appreciate their “sympathies”.

MadisonConservative on March 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM

What’s Arabic for Fourth Reich?

wherestherum on March 27, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Well done Hot Air, well done Liveleak.

There’s nothing in Fitna that I had not seen already, but it’s collected and packaged in a powerful, challenging manner that does not go over the top.

Tark on March 27, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Seems like an excellent thread to post this quote from Bill Warner, the director of the Center for the Study of Political Islam (CSPI). and urge you to read the whole interview at Front Page Magazine:

***

[W]e all want to be equal under the law and be treated as social equals. On the basis of the Golden Rule—the equality of human beings—we have created democracy, ended slavery and treat women and men as political equals. So the Golden Rule is a unitary ethic. All people are to be treated the same. All religions have some version of the Golden Rule except Islam.

The term “human being” has no meaning inside of Islam. There is no such thing as humanity, only the duality of the believer and unbeliever. Look at the ethical statements found in the Hadith. A Muslim should not lie, cheat, kill or steal from other Muslims. But a Muslim may lie, deceive or kill an unbeliever if it advances Islam.

There is no such thing as a universal statement of ethics in Islam. Muslims are to be treated one way and unbelievers another way. The closest Islam comes to a universal statement of ethics is that the entire world must submit to Islam. After Mohammed became a prophet, he never treated an unbeliever the same as a Muslim. Islam denies the truth of the Golden Rule.

By the way, this dualistic ethic is the basis for jihad. The ethical system sets up the unbeliever as less than human and therefore, it is easy to kill, harm or deceive the unbeliever.

***

I am not kidding you. This article about dualism in Islam is an epiphany.

RushBaby on March 27, 2008 at 4:30 PM

This is a copy of my post at mm.

Wish I could see the full version. I wonder if the Netherlands does fall, will we open our eyes then? How long until this is banned from the net also? How many msm outlets will show this film? LOL we should try to count them!

THIS is what the dems want to totally ignor!

It would be interesting to see a documented time-line of islamic movements and actions over the last 100 years or so. I wonder what artistic picture it would portray?

Everyone who sees this should em it to all their friends. Everyone who sees this MUST keep it alive and spread the word. We must ALL be aware that we have a enemy,who they are, what they are, and how they fight,

allrsn on March 27, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Hawkins1701 on March 27, 2008 at 4:20 PM

Here you go.

RedWinged Blackbird on March 27, 2008 at 4:30 PM

For more, I’d suggest the film Obsession. It’s not as artistically done, but it has more content (it’s about 90 minutes long).

Ed Morrissey on March 27, 2008 at 4:32 PM

What’s the best method for playing an FLV file?

Check out VLC Media Player. It’s absolutely free of charge with no spyware, adware, etc. It plays nearly everything I throw at it and, unlike WMP, it’s fast.

Perpetual Student on March 27, 2008 at 4:33 PM

Hawkins 1701 Go to FLVplayer4free. Its A lightwiehgt Player That Is Very easy to use.Works great

E.Tex on March 27, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Unlike YouTube Liveleak for the most part is pro American. Sure you might have stupid kids posting there but you won’t see them censoring pro American Pro Christian videos like you do on YouTube. They are fair on both side, the good and the bad.

jdun on March 27, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Ack, I should’ve read closer. My version of VLC (0.8.6d) plays the video just fine.

Perpetual Student on March 27, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Ed Morrissey on March 27, 2008 at 4:32 PM

looks like the difference between Fitna and Obsession other than content length is that Fitna is connecting the modern actions of Jihadist to the words in the Quran. Obsession kinda glosses over that aspect of it.

jp on March 27, 2008 at 4:39 PM

I had no problems watching on LiveLeak, but those of you who can’t, it’s here on JihadWatch

infidelpride on March 27, 2008 at 4:42 PM

FLV files can also be played by RealPlayer, which is one of the leading media players online.

infidelpride on March 27, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Wow, that was worth the wait.
Tomorrow should be interesting.
Islam is an infection and I really look forward to the day it’s only referenced in history books as a religion of hate, violence and submission from the stone age that has since been outlawed.
Man, does Geert Wilders have balls that clank or what?

Geronimo on March 27, 2008 at 4:43 PM

http://pvv.nl/ site is back up

RushBaby on March 27, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Connie

Islam: What the West needs to know can be seen at a stretch on Google Video

infidelpride on March 27, 2008 at 4:45 PM

It’s up at YouTube…and with the LiveLeak logo.

RedWinged Blackbird on March 27, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Chickens come home to roost…

Remember that POS squealing that while you watch this.

benrand on March 27, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Unlike YouTube Liveleak for the most part is pro American

Guess that explains all the jihadi videos.

Grow Fins on March 27, 2008 at 4:50 PM

It’s up at YouTube…and with the LiveLeak logo.

RedWinged Blackbird on March 27, 2008 at 4:46 PM

That’s just the first 5 min

bnelson44 on March 27, 2008 at 4:50 PM

It’s up at YouTube…and with the LiveLeak logo.

..along with “white power” comments. Fellow travelers, my friends, fellow travelers….

Grow Fins on March 27, 2008 at 4:51 PM

Connie

Islam: What the West needs to know can be seen at a stretch on Google Video

infidelpride on March 27, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Thanks! I ran across the Finnish version at Death By a Thousand Paper Cuts and followed their links. I didn’t know Google had it too.

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 4:52 PM

It’s up at YouTube…and with the LiveLeak logo.

RedWinged Blackbird on March 27, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Whoever posted it doesn’t seem to be Wilders fan, LOL

RushBaby on March 27, 2008 at 4:53 PM

I cannot believe that this guy is ripping the Koran out of context and showing this Religion as violent.

No wonder they are trying to kill him.

al sends

afterdarknesslight on March 27, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Lance Murdock on March 27, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Google Video version

infidelpride on March 27, 2008 at 4:58 PM

I watched the Live Leak Fitna on Michelle’s site a few minutes ago. GOOOD MOVIE!

2theright on March 27, 2008 at 4:59 PM

afterdarknesslight on March 27, 2008 at 4:53 PM

Muslims themselves, take verses out of context to try to prove Islam is peaceful. If you want context, check out some of the other links people have posted on this thread or start reading Robert’s most excellent Blogging the Qur’an

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Here you go.

RedWinged Blackbird on March 27, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Thank you. :-)

Hawkins1701 on March 27, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Wow…just wow….

I have been writing about radical Islam for over 2 years now and even though I had seen so much of that footage before it was all too horrifying (especially the footage of Nick Berg…..).

I’m speechless…..

LL

Lady Logician on March 27, 2008 at 5:06 PM

Funny part? had Fox on all afternoon… not a mention yet.

Romeo13 on March 27, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Wow. I never watched any of the Robert Spencer videos. I wanted to believe that there was such a thing as a “moderate Muslim”. This movie exposed the truth. All of this hate…comes straight from the Koran. I really don’t see how it is offensive; all it did was expose what the Koran states, what prominent Muslims believe, and the crimes committed in the name of Islam. Congratulations to Geert Wilders, I think this movie may spark a shift in the way Europe reacts to it’s invasion by Islamofacists.

malan89 on March 27, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Yes, you’ll notice that Drudge doesn’t have his siren flashing either.

ProudPatriot on March 27, 2008 at 5:08 PM

I am so grateful that Liveleak had the courage to release this and thank you Allahpundit for making it easy to view it. I would send or recommend this to my liberal brother who thinks that I’m foolish to think that Islam is a threat to the free world, but his obsolete Mac won’t be able to view it. I don’t think his idealistic mind could handle it.

But, back to Fitna, I’m having trouble understanding LiveLeak’s ‘disclaimer’.
“We in no way endorse Geert Wilders, his views, nor the views expressed within Fitna. To many of us involved in LiveLeak.com some of the messages therein are personally offensive.”
Are those who are offended, Muslims? If so, why aren’t they offended by the actions of their fellow Muslims? I know that’s a blatantly rhetorical question, but I would like to know the answers.
If you use logic, this works:
“A person has a simple, clear choice about whether to view this film. No one is being forced to view it and nor is it being broadcasted on every channel on their television set. If you click on media simply to be annoyed, it is pointless to blame others for your choice.”
The problem is, radical Muslims and other religious fanatics do not use logic, so this disclaimer will not keep them safe. I hope all involved have 24/7 security; my prayers go out to them and their families.

Christine on March 27, 2008 at 5:10 PM

both parts on Youtube now http://www.youtube.com/user/wytzhoofd3

jp on March 27, 2008 at 5:15 PM

William Amos,

From your link to Al Jazeera, “There is also concern for 25,000 Dutch citizens living in Muslim countries.” I wonder why they are concerned? Muslim is a peaceful religion. Or so I’ve been told, ad nauseum.

Sue on March 27, 2008 at 5:16 PM

After watching it I have to admit it is a very effective presentation.

jdun on March 27, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Muslim Islam is a peaceful religion.

Sue on March 27, 2008 at 5:17 PM

I find it hard to believe Islam is a religion of peace. It’s followers are angry all of the time. Maybe I need some sensitivity training.

Les in NC on March 27, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Funny part? had Fox on all afternoon… not a mention yet.

Romeo13 on March 27, 2008 at 5:07 PM

I sent it to them, but I’m sure they are discussing how the news of it should be presented. They did discuss the NS ban yesterday.

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Allahpundit!
Torrents are how I get all my Anime videos every week! >:D

Naruto and Bleach! However, they don’t have an episode out this week! >:{

Chakra Hammer on March 27, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 5:23 PM

It isn’t like this being released was a suprise… that decision should have been made days ago.

After all, this was just a matter of when, not if.

Romeo13 on March 27, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Christine on March 27, 2008 at 5:10 PM

I’ve noticed Muslims Against Sharia running around in a PR campaign to post on various blogs that they had not seen it yet, but thought Wilders had a right to have it shown.

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 5:27 PM

My guess is that no one at LiveLeak was offended, it was likely just a statement to cover themselves.

If anyone in their offices was truly offended by the message of Fitna, then they would be investing in some bomb sniffing dogs if they ran it.

At any rate, I am glad they are running it!

Grafted on March 27, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Wow…

Finally got 20 free minutes to watch it uninterrupted.

What a quarter of an hour. This should be on PBS, though it never will be. Stunningly good.

MadisonConservative on March 27, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Google video version – this time in English: what I last posted seemed to be in Dutch.

infidelpride on March 27, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Romeo13 on March 27, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Maybe they are on the phone with bin al-Talal.

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Once again the jihadis and the Friday-prayer-rage people have miscalculated.

By working so hard to make sure no one ever sees this short film, it has been forced into the realm of viral video. Now, millions more people will see it than would ever have bothered to do so if it had it just been released in Denmark to no fanfare or whacked-out Rage Boy protests.

Additionally, after 3 or 4 or 5 million people view it on LL and YT, the MSM will be forced to start covering it. (btw, YouTube now has no choice but to allow it on their website). Thus many millions more people on top of those who watched it on LL and YT will also see it and know about it from their evening newscasts.

Better yet, once the newspapers get hold of it and start distorting its content in print, as every major national daily paper from the Seattle Post to the Sacramento Bee to the SF Chron to the LATimes to the NYT and Atlanta Journal to the Boston Globe to the WaPo to the …well you get the idea…are bound to do, people will scratch their heads and say, “hey, this newspaper coverage is no part of what I saw when I watched it.” ditto for network news shows and morning mags.

So, by acting so predictably like petulant grievance mongers, the jihadis in charge of Global p.r. for the Movement have created a situation whereby tens of millions of people worldwide who would never have known this film exists will now be talking about it around the water cooler, or over a few Gauloises or a Belgian Waffle or a few rippers at the Amsterdam smoke shop.

Mike D. on March 27, 2008 at 5:29 PM

infidelpride on March 27, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Thanks again!

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 5:30 PM

After seeing the trailer to Obsession, I heard my brother’s words again: “It will never happen”, and according to him, ’9/11 was way over-blown’ and ‘we should never have invaded Iraq’. If these ideas are indicative of the liberal mindset, we are doomed.
Does anyone know if there’s a way I can pay for Obsession with a check?

Christine on March 27, 2008 at 5:31 PM

infidelpride on March 27, 2008 at 4:42 PM

FLV files can be viewed by lots of players..

Media Player Classic

You can convert FLV files easily with
YouTube Downloader 2.1.6 it’s freeware(free)

If you need codecs(freeware, Compatible with Vista and XP)
Vista Codec Package 4.6.2 Final

Chakra Hammer on March 27, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Media Player Classic

Chakra Hammer on March 27, 2008 at 5:35 PM

…thru the mail?

Christine on March 27, 2008 at 5:35 PM

Another good downloader, to grab raw FLV files is..

Orbit Downloader 2.6.4 freeware

Chakra Hammer on March 27, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Mike D. on March 27, 2008 at 5:29 PM

The original BBC article got a dig in already, calling Wilders “spiteful.”

Spiteful? Strange word to use to describe someone attempting to save Europe’s butt.

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Does anyone know if there’s a way I can pay for Obsession with a check?

Christine on March 27, 2008 at 5:31 PM

For all order inquiries, you can email orders@obsessionthemovie.com

RushBaby on March 27, 2008 at 5:40 PM

…thru the mail?

Christine on March 27, 2008 at 5:35 PM

For all order inquiries, including information on past orders, please email orders@obsessionthemovie.com.

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 5:41 PM

I’m downloading the two versions (English and Dutch) via torrent and I will seed them both for the next couple of days. I will even leave the PC on for the night.

Peter_P on March 27, 2008 at 5:44 PM

WOW:

English View Count: 1,129,212
Dutch View Count: 1,931,117
Torrent Download Count: 2,628+

amerpundit on March 27, 2008 at 5:44 PM

more than a million english views already…

JustTruth101 on March 27, 2008 at 5:45 PM