Video: “Fitna” now online; Update: Torrent link added; Update: LiveLeak issues statement; Update: Muslim leader shrugs

posted at 2:27 pm on March 27, 2008 by Allahpundit

He posted it on his party’s website, but that appears to be down already. This just turned up on LiveLeak; I’m guessing it’s the real deal. Standby.

Update: LiveLeak must be getting hit hard because I can’t get it to load here. If you see copies elsewhere, e-mail the link.

Update: The English version won’t load. Here’s the Dutch.

Update: I’m attempting to download it from LiveLeak. We’ll see what Michelle wants to do. I’m about halfway through watching it and what’s interesting is how familiar so many of the people featured will be to blog readers.

Update: A tipster tells me this is the torrent. I’m not vouching for it. I haven’t downloaded it. Proceed at your own risk.

Update: All right, the torrent worked like a charm. When I first started downloading, there were something like eight people sharing. By the time I was done, it was 61. The movie will be all over the world in hours. Internet fee-vah!

Update: Click the thumbnail to see what the front page of LiveLeak looks like right now. They’re obviously willing to go to the mat to keep this online. Hats off.

liveleak.jpg

Update: LiveLeak speaks:

LiveLeak.com has a strict stance on remaining unbiased and allowing freedom of speech as so far as the law and our rules allow. There was no legal reason to refuse Geert Wilders the right to post his film (Fitna) on LiveLeak.com and it is not our place to censor people based on an emotive response. We in no way endorse Geert Wilders, his views, nor the views expressed within Fitna. To many of us involved in LiveLeak.com some of the messages therein are personally offensive. That being said, our being offended is no reason to deny Mr Wilders the right to have his film seen. Pre-emptive censorship or a discriminatory policy towards freedom of speech are both things we oppose here on LiveLeak.com. A person has a simple, clear choice about whether to view this film. No one is being forced to view it and nor is it being broadcasted on every channel on their television set. If you click on media simply to be annoyed, it is pointless to blame others for your choice.

Update: At least one Dutch Muslim leader is underwhelmed.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Dickey pushed him over the edge :)

BJ* on March 27, 2008 at 2:30 PM

The English version is working for me.

terryannonline on March 27, 2008 at 2:37 PM

The English version was working a few minutes ago.

uncivilized on March 27, 2008 at 2:39 PM

If you don’t want to experience strong emotions, if you prefer to live in the Hollywood-ish land of make-believe, don’t spend 16 minutes watching this video.
If you seek the truth about what’s happening in Europe & eventually here, you must watch this video.

jgapinoy on March 27, 2008 at 2:46 PM

The English worked fine for me, too.

jgapinoy on March 27, 2008 at 2:47 PM

It was powerful. Thanks for posting it. But the message isn’t new, unless someone hasn’t been paying any attention the past seven or so years.

I guess the big impact would have come if it was played on network television to a general audience. Don’t expect that to happen here either. Or maybe the topic is so taboo in Holland that the mere creation of such a vid. would cause a stir.

JiangxiDad on March 27, 2008 at 2:49 PM

I just watched the English version all the way through. Very powerful. And yes, AP, I recognized most if not all of the people because of blogs covering the stories as they happened.

On a lighter note, I did smile at one point at the lameness of one of the statements by an Imam. “A Jew is a Jew.” Yeah. Rocket scientists they aren’t.

This should be required viewing for anyone over 18.

Sue on March 27, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Thanks AP

Download from LiveLeak was quick and easy.

doublebogey on March 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM

I see nothing in this movie that was made-up or faked. All real footage and headlines in real papers quoting real Muslims. So of course they hate it and demand death to the person who put it together.We have seen this for years from LGF and the like, this is like greatest hits compilation of the awfulness of their cult of death.
I can’t wait to hear the moonbats spin this one,too.

bbz123 on March 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Just watched… and interestingly enough very little of the material was new to me.

but it is a great recap…

Now, let the Islamic Rage begin…

/gets out the popcorn and loads the .45

Romeo13 on March 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM

POWERFUL.

Virus-X on March 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Wow. Just watched the whole thing. It’s very effective: adrenaline-stoking. Every man or woman elected to public office from this day forward should be required to watch this movie.

RushBaby on March 27, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Worked for me.

Bravo! Hope the entire world sees it.

aero on March 27, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Just watched it here, the English worked,at least 15 min ago it did. Thank you AP!

Wow, I agree, this should be required!

If you find a way to download, please let us know, would like a copy to keep, in case everything goes down.

Say, is this one of those films you see and then die within 48 hours?

JamesLee on March 27, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Thanks for working so hard to get this HA, I have been looking forward to watching this. Thanks again.

Liberty or Death on March 27, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Well its going to be interesting to see what happens now.

Corey Wayne on March 27, 2008 at 2:54 PM

Dude’s asking for it…but demonstrating that release of a video can be asking for it may be part of the point, no?

starflyer on March 27, 2008 at 2:54 PM

see Libs, “libertarians” like the paultards and other isolationist, etc. They are the ones that need to see this, it destroys their worldview

jp on March 27, 2008 at 2:54 PM

English version is working…scheesh!

Seaberry on March 27, 2008 at 2:55 PM

What a fine production!

Amazing how stupid we remain as Islam continues to import and overwhelm our population and existence, perpetuated by our loathsome politicians, McCain included in that mix!

maverick muse on March 27, 2008 at 2:55 PM

I hope Robert Spencer puts this on his site. He said he would. This needs to be sent, and re-sent.
L

letget on March 27, 2008 at 2:55 PM

A major moment, I think, for free speech. Pray that it will be a wake-up call to Europe.

emailnuevo on March 27, 2008 at 2:56 PM

For a Religion of peace they sure kill and wish to kill a whole lot of people. The 9-11 footage still gets to me.

Les in NC on March 27, 2008 at 2:56 PM

The 9-11 footage still gets to me.

Me too.

Sue on March 27, 2008 at 2:57 PM

Must see TV.

Unfortunately, the people that need to see it won’t watch it.

PBoilermaker on March 27, 2008 at 2:57 PM

The most powerful part to me was the slide show of “The Netherlands in the Future.” Very effective, despite its rhetorical minimalism.

aero on March 27, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Torrent isn’t working yet

Iblis on March 27, 2008 at 3:00 PM

I can’t watch it, rats.

Lance Murdock on March 27, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Torrentlink?

Theworldisnotenough on March 27, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Putting it out on Thursday before Friday rage day is perfect. We’ll see what happens tomorrow. Loved the black screen with the ripping sound and then the phone book explanation…

ProudPatriot on March 27, 2008 at 3:05 PM

How is it that we are at war with these people and we never hear these kinds of things in the drive-buy media? Why does our culture always try to paint a tolerable image of the enemy? Weird.

ReaganEvangelical on March 27, 2008 at 3:05 PM

My browser did not refresh, Avant letting me down, curses.

Theworldisnotenough on March 27, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Powerful

Europe sees its destruction – yet stands aside in fear

The English version worked for me. I wish there was more content, but for what there was, it was enough.

A generation of children indoctrinated into this holocaust – to live for death.

Kini on March 27, 2008 at 3:05 PM

English version worked for me.

Maybe I’m a bit jaded, as it didn’t really tell me anything I didn’t already know, though the second half about the Netherlands was somewhat more interesting than the first. The most powerful part for me was actually the final text urging resistance to Islamization. I certainly agree with the general sentiment of the whole production, but maybe the average citizen of the Netherlands will find it more of a revelation than I did.

Blacklake on March 27, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Red Lasso that baby so it gets through my filters at work.

Theworldisnotenough on March 27, 2008 at 3:07 PM

WoW!

Helloyawl on March 27, 2008 at 3:07 PM

What we need to appreciate is that in the posting, the author’s rejection of Islam makes him a handy target. In Europe, with so many radical Muslims running around free to mutilate and murder, revitalizing the obvious judgment vs. Islam is a brave act, something perhaps European men don’t prefer to do overtly often enough to preserve their own culture and our mutual respect civilization.

In America, what we must accomplish FIRST is our secure borders, and from THAT, clarify citizenship responsibilities and governmental responsibilities to be fulfilled. STOP PC before it eliminates us as illegal aliens and Islamofascists are actively pursuing.

maverick muse on March 27, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Victory for Freedom of Speech.

Zorro on March 27, 2008 at 3:12 PM

I wish I’d known it would show bodiless heads, but it was a powerful piece. He just used their own words against them.

ReaganEvangelical on March 27, 2008 at 3:05 PM

That bothers me as well. We here often (on blogs) about Imams preaching hate in mosques in other countries. I wonder how many we have here.

Esthier on March 27, 2008 at 3:12 PM

I snagged it from Liveleak about 45 minutes ago. Just went back and checked and it’s got over 210,000 visits since.

JammieWearingFool on March 27, 2008 at 3:13 PM

I agree with earlier comments….. the 9-11 footage still hurts. Not anything new here really but a lot of things put together that some people should be reminded of. (Obama) Barack wants to negociate with these sub-humans. Take a look people living in Europe, especially those in England. This is something that is not confined to small areas or certain dates.(9/11) This isn’t stopping to reason.

oakpack on March 27, 2008 at 3:13 PM

Death to Jihad!

infidel on March 27, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Hey, is the BitTorrent version in HD? I know this documentary is a powerful example of free expression and all that, but no HD or 16:9 widescreen?

Dude

ScottMcC on March 27, 2008 at 3:15 PM

The very somber nature and subdued pace of the film makes it work so well; Grieg’s and Tchaikovsky’s music is sooooooooooo fitting!

Gotta say that I’m glad there was nothing of the earlier-reported flushing-Quran-down in the final version – woulda cheapened it thoroughly.

Lockstein13 on March 27, 2008 at 3:15 PM

Very powerful. The 9/11 footage choked me up.

blue13326 on March 27, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Go to Liveleak and notice at the top that they are getting a ton of traffic and hacking attempts. Also they have added a statement about letting Fitna be posted. As for the movie, WOW. Just wish the people that should see it would see it.

Ravenlike on March 27, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Nice to see the scarlet pimpernel has a few new tricks up his sleeve.

That 9/11 footage guts me every time.

Of course, the cowards amongst us will bleat “they’re not representative!”

LimeyGeek on March 27, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Wow… HBO should run it on American TV…

I wonder if Hollywood will give it an Oscar for Best Documentary Short if he runs it in American theatres.

Yeah, I’m thinking that’s a “no”.

Good Job. Powerful Powerful Film.

Gartrip on March 27, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Well, some episodes of LOST had more than 10.000 peers (seeders & leechers) after 10 minutes.

Just trying to keep it real.

Niko on March 27, 2008 at 3:21 PM

At Liveleak – 210191 hits on the English version
712152 hits on the Netheralands version so far

RushBaby on March 27, 2008 at 3:22 PM

I’ve never used torrent before but am trying to use it now. Could someone give a brief description of how it works for me and anyone else that follows?

Thanks in advance!

Canadian Infidel on March 27, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Really pretty tame if you ask me. I found Obsession to be a lot more powerful.

TheBigOldDog on March 27, 2008 at 3:24 PM

I’ll definitely be seeding this torrent!

Right Tracker on March 27, 2008 at 3:24 PM

I hope I’m wrong, but something tells me that a whole lot of violence is gonna break out really soon in The Netherlands and Great Britain.

Gartrip on March 27, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Not even close to the most damning things I’ve seen, but all the same if there are people out there still delusing themselves about the intentions of the Islamists, it should be a wake up call.

Dr. Manhattan on March 27, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Dr. Manhattan on March 27, 2008 at 3:25 PM

The most powerful pat for the people of the Netherlands was the bar chart…

TheBigOldDog on March 27, 2008 at 3:27 PM

Goodness. English version views are now over 210,000. Dutch version has been viewed over 710,000 times.

That doesn’t include torrent.

amerpundit on March 27, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Just trying to keep it real.

Niko on March 27, 2008 at 3:21 PM

To put some perspective on that, LOST is a little more well known and airs in other countries several months after it airs here, causing many who aren’t American to try to get it from us.

This almost 15 minute film hasn’t really been advertised in this country and was never shown on TV. It is amazing that it’s spreading so quickly.

Esthier on March 27, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Bravo, Mr. Wilders! And kudos to Live Leak, et al.

Live Leak’s disclaimer:

“Liveleak.com presents “Fitna the Movie”

We do not intend on defending the content of Fitna, only our choice to allow it. Anyone has the full right of reply on LiveLeak.com. Any person or organizations are free to post their opinion and, dependent on said response falling within both the law and our rules, we will afford such responses equal exposure. There are undoubtedly better ways to spark a discussion but this film is now out there and we believe we should all grasp this opportunity to create an open dialogue and discussion on this subject.”

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 3:29 PM

Imagine the documentary Robbert Spencer could put together that ties things back to the Qur’an? I wish I had the money to finance that project…

TheBigOldDog on March 27, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Liveleak’s statement:

amerpundit on March 27, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Saw it through Live link. Wow.
Someone should start hunting down those imams and demostrate the consequences of “live by the sword”.

Iblis on March 27, 2008 at 3:31 PM

The sound you heard was a page of a telephone book ripped out.

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Was it “Raining McCain” at the end?

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Well done. Powerful. Truth.

It should be given the widest distribution possible, in that the majority of the people who view it will do so because they sought it out.

Corky on March 27, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Downloading via BitTorrent right now…scorching speed.

anathema on March 27, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Now up to 410,000 English views.

amerpundit on March 27, 2008 at 3:33 PM

amerpundit on March 27, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Well said. Hat tip to LL Management.

TheBigOldDog on March 27, 2008 at 3:33 PM

Canadian Infidel on March 27, 2008 at 3:24 PM

You’ll have to download bit torrent. Without something to change its format, the file you’ve downloaded won’t work.

Here’s the wiki.

A real simple metaphor is that the torrent you download is like a box with a lock. The video is inside the box, and bit torrent is the key.

Esthier on March 27, 2008 at 3:33 PM

1.2 million Dutch views.

amerpundit on March 27, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Esthier on March 27, 2008 at 3:12 PM

Scores upon scores. I’d start looking in Dearborn.

emailnuevo on March 27, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Don’t forget to seed that sucker if you’ve already downloaded it via BitTorrent.

anathema on March 27, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Freedom of speech has it’s last bastion on the Internet.

Islam has managed to threaten people to the point of being silent over the treachery of Islam.

Hening on March 27, 2008 at 3:36 PM

Esthier on March 27, 2008 at 3:33 PM
Thanks so much!

Canadian Infidel on March 27, 2008 at 3:37 PM

FYI – Mediafire.com is a free hosting/download site that might be useful for this.

CP on March 27, 2008 at 3:37 PM

1,319 torrent downloads. 410,000 English views. 1,212,119 Dutch views. It’s spreading like wildfire.

amerpundit on March 27, 2008 at 3:38 PM

I’m converting it from a flv file to an avi as we speak with Any Video Converter. Then it’s time to make the email rounds.

anathema on March 27, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Good, but he goes through things really fast, and what he shows are just reminders of stories we’ve already seen. A lot of people however haven’t seen them. He should make an extended version as well (of 60-90 min.).

Tzetzes on March 27, 2008 at 3:40 PM

amerpundit on March 27, 2008 at 3:38 PM

WOW!!!

Connie on March 27, 2008 at 3:41 PM

I imagine there’s a lot of kebab being choked on right now in Euroland. No doubt a good deal of the headcount are the seethers and whiners.

anathema on March 27, 2008 at 3:42 PM

This should be mandatory viewing by all!

The MSM should broadcast. Yeah, Right!

Hopefully, one or more of the cable networks will air or discuss it!

Oxybeles on March 27, 2008 at 3:43 PM

Talk about ego-maniacal-arrogance. Islam has NEVER ruled the world. At the least Far East Asia, the Americas, Northern Europe to name a few, have never been subjugated.

These people had the potential for a great civilization at one time, but have been stuck in the 8th century ever since Muhammed came up with Islam. As far as I’m concerned Islam is a scheme (admittedly brilliant) to subjugate an ignorant populace to elite power mongers.

All great and good that “young men and houses must be destroyed,” but never the Imams, huh?

benjo on March 27, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Oh, yeah. Thanks HA for making this available.

benjo on March 27, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Everyone should leave a comment on the Fitna website…only 9 posted so far.

ProudPatriot on March 27, 2008 at 3:45 PM

I predict they’ll mostly ignore it, but whatever justification they come up with will be humorous.

Asher on March 27, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Powerful.

How many of us in the West must the muslims kill before the MSM notices that the muslims want to kill us?

thuja on March 27, 2008 at 3:49 PM

LiveLeak rocks.

Network Solutions is a bunch of “limp-wristed girly-men”.
Or something like that.

kutabeach on March 27, 2008 at 3:50 PM

OMG, the LL viewcount popped from 100,000 to 800,000 views in 15 minutes. This is gonna be the most popular LL by far which means the beggining of Death to Youtube.

Aristotle on March 27, 2008 at 3:54 PM

Kudos to LiveLeak and everyone at Hot Air.

I will not submit.

The Ugly American on March 27, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Asher on March 27, 2008 at 3:49 PM

DU posters are already labeling it propaganda.

So typical…

Corky on March 27, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Hmmm…

I think tomorow needs to be an Unofficial Eat Pig day!

Pulled Pork? Ham Sandwich?

Romeo13 on March 27, 2008 at 3:58 PM