Hillary vows: We’re going all the way to the convention; Update: Hillary questions the legitimacy of Obama’s nomination

posted at 1:40 pm on March 27, 2008 by Allahpundit

Good lord. Even I find her ruthlessness here creepy, and I’m pulling for her. I’m giving you the second clip mostly for the smug look on her face after she delivers her bone-chilling “long way from being over” line. It’s the first clip that you want to pay attention to, as it offers (a) the comic spectacle of a woman who’s counting on superdelegates to nullify Obama’s lead among the voters whining about people being disenfranchised; (b) the near-taunting of him as being too gutless to contest Michigan, replete with mockery of his message of “empowerment and all that”; and (c) most memorably, the edge in her voice near the end — “I. don’t. think. that. will. happen.” — when she practically dares the party not to seat Florida and Michigan. It’s of a piece with yesterday’s brinksmanship by her donors in threatening to cut off, to the tune of $24 million, congressional Democrats if Pelosi doesn’t stop shilling for Obama. Does she really want a relationship with the DNC that’s openly adversarial by the time of the convention? We want that because it ratchets up the sore-loser effect on both sides, but why on earth would she?

Meanwhile, Joe Klein’s solution to the great disenfranchisement dilemma is to have the party nominate a guy who wasn’t on the ballot in a single primary. Rest, Joe.

Update: How’d I miss this the first time through? From the beginning of the first clip: “I don’t think that the nominee of the party will be considered legitimate if we don’t figure out how to count those votes from Michigan and Florida.” She’s suggesting that the voters won’t consider him legitimate, but clearly she’s agreeing with their rationale. How’s she going to campaign for a guy who, by her own standards, is bogus if Michigan and Florida end up getting the shaft? Think you’ll be seeing this line in any McCain ads down the road?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

YOU GO GIRL!

Tony737 on March 27, 2008 at 1:42 PM

I keep tellin’ ya she’s gonna rip Obama’s guts out.

Oldnuke on March 27, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Somewhere in the distance, I hear a bell tolling.

Ding, Donnnnnng.

RushBaby on March 27, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Obama:
Forgot my six-coat teflon — hit the sky,
Half way to Denver — ‘fore I realized.
Well I snubbed the newsies — their crowd was cold,
And now she’s got the mo — from Texas and Ohio.

Now it’s a dirty long ride down the donkey trail,
And the screens burn bright as the newsies wail,
Let ‘em quote Wright’s wrongs, I’ll just glow like the Grail,
– — – — – All the way to Denver!

HRC:
Well I got to Denver y’know — it took years
And there was Bill — I smacked his red ears
Some bimbo said “Climber witches – you’re all the same.
Gal, he’s your broomstick” — but I felt unashamed.

Yeah it’s a dirty long ride down the donkey trail
As your name burns hot you get cash on the nail
‘N you gotta ride dirty, gal, and never be stale
– — – — – All the way to Denver!

ForNow on March 27, 2008 at 1:45 PM

GO ALL IN BABY!!!!!

WisCon on March 27, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Im rooting for her till the bitter end.

Chuck Schick on March 27, 2008 at 1:47 PM

I love this, the two states who broke the law (democrats), she wants to give them the most power…oh the irony

right2bright on March 27, 2008 at 1:49 PM

I’m starting to think this is all a trap. The ticket will end up being Obama-Clinton.

ninjapirate on March 27, 2008 at 1:50 PM

Even I find her ruthlessness here creepy, and I’m pulling for her

Pulling for her as the Democrat nominee or POTUS?

Wade on March 27, 2008 at 1:50 PM

Let’s get ready to rumble!

Now ladies and gentlemen in attendance and fight fans across the globe, it’s Showtime!

TheBigOldDog on March 27, 2008 at 1:50 PM

She’s right. But they’re all arguments that should have been made months ago when the DNC stripped their delegates in the first place. You have to love how the Dems are keeping alive their tradition of trying to change the rules mid-election (Florida 2000) and the fact that Florida, once again, is involved. If Obama wins, won’t this mean he “stole” the election the same way Bush did.

Spolitics on March 27, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Does she really want a relationship with the DNC that’s openly adversarial

Actualy? YES!

Pelosi and Dean have really low approval numbers… so Dis’n them can be an advantage.

/gets the popcorn popper out…

Yep, watching the disintigration of BOTH Parties.

Romeo13 on March 27, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Fan-freaking-tastic! Thank you, Rush and Karl, you magnificents!

JustTruth101 on March 27, 2008 at 1:54 PM

ninjapirate on March 27, 2008 at 1:50 PM

One or the other. I think.

Chakra Hammer on March 27, 2008 at 1:54 PM

I never give up. I am a warrior afterall.

My other epic battles are still searded in my memory.

I remember past glories so well even though I have never gotten much credit for them. But then you all must know by now how modest I am. Did I ever tell you about the time that George Patton and I were together at the Alamo with the Japanese closing in dodging phaser fire … … … Fortunately for George I was able to pull him out of the line of fire in the nick of time and he was able to go on to win the Battle of Gettysburg. If not for that Chief Geronimo might have taken over most of North America.

- Hillary the Warrior

MB4 on March 27, 2008 at 1:59 PM

When it’s all over but the crying she’ll be able to say, “Hey, I offered to make him my VP and his dissed me.”

ForNow on March 27, 2008 at 1:45 PM
Great song, eh?

Akzed on March 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Fan-freaking-tastic! Thank you, Rush and Karl, you magnificents!

OTOH, in listening closely to Rush, you must understand that Hillary is only comfortable taking this to the Convention because McCain is such a weak candidate.

Sorry to burst the bubble.

Angry Dumbo on March 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Tear the party apart…if Obama is not selected, here is a hint…leave Detroit, L.A., Atlanta, Washington D.C. and a few other places for about a week…and don’t forget to take your valuables and increase your homeowners insurance.

right2bright on March 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Could it be a freak show without the Goracle?

They might need him to rub his Noble and announce a winner.

Dean, Pelosi, Manbearpig…….et al

Hening on March 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Hillary keeps this up she might get sniper fire at the DNC convention from the delegates

William Amos on March 27, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Not to toot my own horn, but remember when I was right about McCain? Well, I will be proven right about Hillary as well. I have always said that she will get this nomination. The thought of her giving up for the good of the party is a joke. That will never happen. She will NEVER let this rookie take this from her.

Expect blood. It will be sweet to watch.

Rightwingsparkle on March 27, 2008 at 2:04 PM

re that Klein thingy, Derb at NRO has been predicting a Gore-basm since last year.

Iblis on March 27, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Man, If I were Obama, I’d personally be doing the maintenance on my plane and bus these days! I can easily see Hillary Clinton in the role as the Amy Fisher of politics.

highhopes on March 27, 2008 at 2:04 PM

I wonder if there’s a third party future somewhere in this. If so, it could be a colossal split, but I could see Clenis and Glacier being able to pull it off, if they don’t get their way.

Dusty on March 27, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Think you’ll be seeing this line in any McCain ads down the road?

Probably not.

ninjapirate on March 27, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Al Gore – Paleese

What’s great is 50% of the dem electoral don’t like either or.
Let the campaign run red with cherry cool aid

Kini on March 27, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Did she have to actually SAY the words? I thought that’s what she said when she said, ‘I’m in it, and I’m in it to win it’.

There was never any question in my mind that she’d never quit. Why would she? As soon as she quits the attention will be off of her. The longer she stays in, the more attention and clout she’ll have.

Who really thought she’d drop out? Honestly are there any savvy people out there that assumed she’d quit before being kicked out?

ThackerAgency on March 27, 2008 at 2:05 PM

What’s up with the head-bobbing? She looks like one of those Ichiro dolls that they give out at the ballpark. Where is O’Reilly’s body-language analysis when you need it?

Could someone pass the popcorn?

29Victor on March 27, 2008 at 2:06 PM

MB4 on March 27, 2008 at 1:59 PM

LOL!!!!

Reminds me of a post I saw on Free Republic where she helped Washington cross the Delaware!

Classic, man, classic.

Torch on March 27, 2008 at 2:07 PM

Sissy fight! Sissy fight!…

mojo on March 27, 2008 at 2:09 PM

The camera pan between Greta and Hillary is terrifying. Two manly men.

Visual saltpeter.

Hening on March 27, 2008 at 2:09 PM

I think she and Bill have lied so many times that they are losing any ability to truly evaluate themselves and their actions or to comprehend how they are perceived by others.

They don’t just lie a little or infrequently, they dwell in lies.

INC on March 27, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Sorry to burst the bubble.

Angry Dumbo on March 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM

I don’t have a bubble to burst. I wish I did. In a time of war, after 8 years in power, with the liberal press, and challenging economic times, the democrats SHOULD have been able to cake walk into the white house.

I give credit to Karl for everything just because the dem’s are so deathly afraid of him, whether he’s resp or not.

All of this chaos, however, IS attributable to Rush because without Operation Chaos, Hillary wouldn’t have gotten the boost she needed to make it possible, however unlikely, that she could actually win the nomination. Without that snowball’s chance, all of this would NEVER have come out about Obama, because when it originally aired, no one cared or paid any attention.

But now that the press has decided to take sides between Hillary and Obama, the dirt on both is coming out. Never would have happened without Op Chaos. It doesn’t guarantee we win. If McCain wins, do we really win anyway? He’s the best we got, he’s all we got, but let’s not delude ourselves into calling him conservative.

BECAUSE the bottom line is: when the general comes around, liberals will vote for liberals…dem’s will vote for their nominee. Don’t throw polls at me, they don’t mean anything. Dem’s will vote for the dem nominee. Elections are decided by INDEPENDENTS. Without Op Chaos, there WOULD BE NO VETTING of Obama, and Ind’s MIGHT have voted for Obama. Now at least they are thinking about it.

This is all good, regardless of how it turns out, because it increases the likelihood that the most liberal and inexperienced candidate ever to run just MIGHT not get elected.

If Obama wins after all this, he would have won anyway.

JustTruth101 on March 27, 2008 at 2:12 PM

I am just running out of comments regarding the Dims. So I shall just eat popcorn instead…pass the salt.

HawaiiLwyr on March 27, 2008 at 2:14 PM

22+22+62 = 106% of people who have an opinion about the D nomination. That’s quite an advantage there.

As for the Florida and Michigan arguments, that’s their fault. They shouldn’t have moved their date up. Now that they did, they are less important than NC who has never been important. Yesterday BO was in my town (first presidential primary candidate to campaign here since Nixon) and HRC is going to be here today. Eat that Florida and Michigan.

Michigan moved up for Romney – not the Democrats. They would be preparing for their important primary now if they hadn’t moved up their date. It’s kind of like when I get pulled over for speeding. If I speed then I know there’s a chance I get a ticket. I can’t claim after I get pulled over that they should have told me I would get a ticket if I didn’t go the speed limit.

The argument is flawed and stupid, but I expect Hillary to make it anyway.

ThackerAgency on March 27, 2008 at 2:14 PM

How long before the Dems realize that this could all be settled in one day, with boffo TV ratings to boot. I’m talkin’ Cage Match – Nomination 2008. Hillary “The Cackler” Clinton vs B. Hussein “The Saint” Obama.

Obama would try some respectful dialogue. Hillary would be eating Obama’s intestines.

Cicero43 on March 27, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Could someone pass the popcorn?

29Victor on March 27, 2008 at 2:06 PM

I’d be interested in what a body language expert had to say as well. She habitually does it and it’s a very annoying gesture. In my non-expert opinion it’s an extension of her trying to force the listeners to accept and perceive her words as reality, despite whatever the facts truly are.

i.e., Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?

INC on March 27, 2008 at 2:16 PM

MB4 on March 27, 2008 at 1:59 PM

“Was it all over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”

Senator Blutarski….

funny how art imitates life…

Romeo13 on March 27, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Well, at least I can imagine her going head to head with Putin, et. al. Not so much the Messiah.

BJ* on March 27, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Cicero43 on March 27, 2008 at 2:15 PM

this would make an awesome claymation…

JustTruth101 on March 27, 2008 at 2:16 PM

selected, not elected

jp on March 27, 2008 at 2:17 PM

this would make an awesome claymation…

JustTruth101 on March 27, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Yeearrgghh! What a visual!!

INC on March 27, 2008 at 2:18 PM

right2bright on March 27, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Democrats love rewardeing law breakers. Look at shamnesty……wait a minute, the republicans do too !

We are so screwed.

saiga on March 27, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Her tone says she’s all-in until the river card is flipped over. Is she bluffing? The Two of Snipers on the flop didn’t do her any favors, but Obama didn’t like seeing the King of Wright either.

Gambling their party’s chances away in the general just to win the table? To be fair to Senator Clinton, it would be awfully hard to walk away with the race as close as it is. It would be easier for her to stand-down if her opponent was an accomplished person, but to hand it over to an untested rookie would be hard to stomach.

Graybark on March 27, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Positively reptilian.

flipflop on March 27, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Kay serah serah……

saiga on March 27, 2008 at 2:19 PM

right2bright on March 27, 2008 at 2:00 PM

On your Detroit comment…that was done almost 40 years ago. The best thing that could happen to Detroit at this point is to burn it to the ground. We need a complete rebuild here.

swami on March 27, 2008 at 2:20 PM

If you’re speaking of elections laws, I don’t think the laws were broken. Each state can make those as they wish. This was a violation of party policy on the part of Florida and Michigan. I know in Florida at least, there were R and D sponsors to move the primary up.

INC on March 27, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Not to toot my own horn, but remember when I was right about McCain?
Rightwingsparkle on March 27, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Yes, we remember- mostly because you won’t stop reminding us.

Though to be fair I’d have taunted you relentlessly had he lost.

Candidates always vow that they’re staying in the race… right up until they drop out. To be sure, Hillary is a different creature in that she takes the “win at all costs” concept to a whole new level, but in the end the delegates and superdelegates are going to hitch their wagons to the frontrunner, and that clearly is Obama. It’s going to take thicker mud than Wright to derail him now.

Even if she was right about Obama being unelectable (and that’s quite a stretch considering her own negatives), the delegates aren’t going to risk losing favor with the likely nominee by taking a chance on Hillary.

I could see her extorting a VP spot out of Obama though by threatening to drag it out to the convention unless he picks her.

tl,dr: There’s a big, big difference between McCain coming back from an early deficit at the start of the primaries and Hillary coming back near the end of them. Barring major scandal, Obama is the nominee.

Hollowpoint on March 27, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Uhhh… 22% for me, 22% for him, 62% say let it go on. That makes 106%, doesn’t it?

bofh on March 27, 2008 at 2:22 PM

swami on March 27, 2008 at 2:20 PM

You can say that again. Come to think of it, I ran out of fingers to count all the cities that need a good intestinal cleaning.

saiga on March 27, 2008 at 2:23 PM

bofh on March 27, 2008 at 2:22 PM

That’s that fuzzy math again. Just wait till she gets to the budjet!

saiga on March 27, 2008 at 2:24 PM

Wow. The following comes to mind.

Trautman: It’s over, Johnny. It’s over!

Rambo: Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don’t turn it off! You asked me I didn’t ask you! And I did what I had to do to win, for somebody who wouldn’t let us win! Then I come back to the world, and I see all those maggots at the airport, protestin’ me, spittin’, callin’ me a baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me?! Huh?! Who are they?! Unless they been me and been there and know what the hell they yellin’ about!

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on March 27, 2008 at 2:26 PM

I thought the DNC was already “on the record” saying the votes in FL and MI don’t count. What am I missing folks???

Live by the sword…die by the sword.

joeyb1955 on March 27, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Torch on March 27, 2008 at 2:07 PM

Romeo13 on March 27, 2008 at 2:16 PM

They have got a good one on her Bosnia heroics over at dailykos. They don’t seem to care too much for her either, at least we have that in common.

The War Journals of Hillary Clinton, Vol. 1

It was a simple mission, they had told me – get in, shake a few hands and mouth a few platitudes, get out. Simple. Yeah.
Things had started going wrong while we were still in the air and only gotten worse from there. So here we were, pinned down, choking on the acrid tang of cordite and the heady scent of human blood. The mission was even simpler now: survive. Whatever the cost, survive.

There was a grunt and a clatter of equipment as Sinbad threw himself down at my side. Sweat glistened on his bare arms, and I could see tendons contracting and relaxing as he squeezed off bursts from his M14. The motion was hypnotic, like a snake about to strike. Perhaps, when all this was over- No. Concentrate. Focus on the mission. Survive.

MB4 on March 27, 2008 at 2:31 PM

joeyb1955 on March 27, 2008 at 2:28 PM

They are but Howard Dean has yet to explain how he allowed NH to get away with breaking the very rule he is punishing MI and FL for..Selective punishment for the Selecton of 2008!

Pam on March 27, 2008 at 2:37 PM

If she this ruthless on national television, it is downright frightening to imagine how she would conduct herself behind the scenes as POTUS.

BillLalor on March 27, 2008 at 2:40 PM

I don’t have a bubble to burst. I wish I did.

Well put, JT. I too lack a candidate I can support. I plan to leave the top of the ticket blank. Likewise, I did not intend to insult, but merely to point out that McCain has not gained support or traction despite OC. (Pulling out Nancy Reagan was hardly inspired). Democrats would not let Hillary take this to the Convention if they were running against a stronger candidate.

Rush is selling caps and bumper stickers, but McCain is still a pig wearing lipstick.

Angry Dumbo on March 27, 2008 at 2:45 PM

The DNC set the rules before Florida and Michigan decided to change their primary schedules.

The candidates agreed – before the primaries – to abide by the rules the DNC had set forth.

Now Hillary is deciding to ignore the rules and her agreement – because it doesn’t help her in her power quest.

How can she be trusted to follow any agreement, or even the rules we have (called laws) if it collides with her ambition?

SouthernRoots on March 27, 2008 at 2:45 PM

I loved this take on things:

BIRNBAUM: Another way to look at it, I think, is to think of it with two words: “second ballot.” If on the first ballot, for some reason, there is not a majority for one of the two candidates, the second ballot will be important.

And that may mean that a lot of delegates who were pledged on the first ballot may not have to vote the same way on the second necessarily, which means that there could be almost anything happening.

DUBOSE: That’s one of the things about this that is so good for the report, is because the pledged delegates, as we’ve been calling them, are not pledged. They’re not pledged at all once you get to the second ballot.

BIRNBAUM: Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves, Greta. There are a lot of Democrats, including Governor Bredesen in Tennessee, who are taking a much more proactive role now, urging fellow Democrats–governors, mayors, senators, congressmen–let’s come together and figure out a resolution.

VAN SUSTEREN: Why is he doing that and not Howard Dean? Why isn’t Howard Dean doing this?

MARTIN: He is trying to stay out of it, trying to be a fair arbiter. But, increasingly, Democrats are more and more nervous that if someone doesn’t step in, Dean or whoever else, this is a problem in the fall.

He’s trying to stay out of it? Isn’t that his job?

Pam on March 27, 2008 at 2:46 PM

People! The Constitution does not give anyone the right to vote IN A PRIMARY! The whole argument that the people are not being given a voice is BS. A voice in what….picking a political party’s nominee!!!!!!! If that were true, EVERY STATE WOULD BE FORCED TO ALLOW INDEPENDENTS to vote in the primary and they don’t!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on March 27, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Don’t you see that she has to win this? She is the wife of a former president. She is a former First Lady. She is a senator. This is the Clinton legacy they’re fighting for.

If she pulls this off and wins the nomination, McCain will be toast. He won’t and can’t stand up to her and her machine. Like a previous poster said, all of the dems will vote for her. The Blacks will be p.o.’ed, but they will come together and vote for her, too.

Remember these are dems; non-thinkers.

cjs1943 on March 27, 2008 at 2:49 PM

“Think you’ll be seeing this line in any McCain ads down the road?”

Are you kidding? My answer, NO!

All we will hear from him is more “Leauge of Democracies…”

Seven Percent Solution on March 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM

SouthernRoots on March 27, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Those same rules applied to NH. Dean allowed NH to break the rules, but he chose to punish MI and FL. As much as I can’t stand Hillary, she has a point on MI and FL. Howard Dean needs to actually start answering for this, rather than act like Think Progress, as in pointing fingers at Republicans while sidestepping the issues within his own party.

Pam on March 27, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on March 27, 2008 at 2:48 PM

The COTUS is not the issue. The issue is that we have a party chairman arbitarily deciding who gets to vote and who doesn’t. They have screamed for 7 years about disenfranchisment, making every vote count, poll taxes etc., but Dean told MI and FL that they weren’t his problem, he has elections to win.

Pam on March 27, 2008 at 2:56 PM

What’s with that cross “floating” over her left shoulder? Creepy religious overtones, I tell ya.

JohnW on March 27, 2008 at 3:00 PM

She’s like the Monty Python guy… “It’s only a flesh wound.”

Sugar Land on March 27, 2008 at 3:03 PM

MB4 on March 27, 2008 at 2:31 PM

I just read Volume 2 of her War Journal, the one about crossing the Delaware River with Washington. These are just funny as hell.

Torch on March 27, 2008 at 3:05 PM

That’s the most cogent I have seen this woman in the entire campaign… or ever, for that matter.

Oh, and somewhere, there’s a body bag with Barack Obama’s name on it, so he best be wary…

D2Boston on March 27, 2008 at 3:07 PM

swami on March 27, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Someone once posted an aerial pic here of Detroit today and I think thirty years ago. In the newer picture, the prairie was re-taking the city. It was eerie. I’m sorry for what happ. to your city and to Michigan. It’s happening in NY and some other places now too. It would be more obvious but we have large numbers of immigrants still coming so the pop. is stable.But the out-migration of native born is huge. Small, cookie-cutter 60 year old homes here have property taxes of roughly 12K/year, not to mention state and local taxes. A one-party state of corrupt politicians adds insult to injury. The libs and their clients destroy like locusts.

JiangxiDad on March 27, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Joe Klein was better when he was Anonymous.

mymanpotsandpans on March 27, 2008 at 3:09 PM

BUAWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The “Bush stole the election!” Democratic meme mutates into the “Obama stole the nomination!” Democratic meme.

Oh, the irony……how sweet it is!!!!

The_Real_JeffS on March 27, 2008 at 3:10 PM

ForNow on March 27, 2008 at 1:45 PM

MOTT THE HOOPLE FTW!

/Now do “All the Way to Memphis”

TC@LeatherPenguin on March 27, 2008 at 3:16 PM

//Now do “Honaloochie Boogi”

Gotta learn to stop hitting ‘Submit’ instead of ‘Preview’

TC@LeatherPenguin on March 27, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Could someone pass the popcorn?

29Victor on March 27, 2008 at 2:06 PM

She.Is.Pissed.Off!
Can’t you tell? She absolutely hates Obama and is so pissed off that the media, especially msnbc and olbermann, are in the tank for her.

ArmyAunt on March 27, 2008 at 3:27 PM

“Was it all over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”

Senator Blutarski….

Romeo13 on March 27, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Don’t stop her. She’s on a roll.

CyberCipher on March 27, 2008 at 3:27 PM

She can’t stand Dean, and never did. Also, she won’t campaign for Obama. With her it’s number one, or none at all.

She’ll campaign for McCain sooner, because in 4 years she could run against him.

If Obama wins, her changes are shot. He’ll be in for 8, then potentially his VP for at least 4. By then she’ll be (almost) too old, and really forgotten.

Entelechy on March 27, 2008 at 3:28 PM

A HA commenter yesterday posted that Pelosi has it wrong, in that if the superdelegates should go with the popular vote, then Richardson, Kennedy and Kerry should support Hillary. This is a very valid/significant point, ignored by the media but might play big with the Clintons.

Entelechy on March 27, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Because she’s running for 2012. She knows that Obama is fatally wounded by Rev Wright, among other things, and will get pounded in the general (not to mention her loyalists staying home or crossing over). If/when he looses the general, she will be in prime position to pick up the pieces and have 2012 be the coronation that Obama ruined this time out.

It’s a win-win for her. If she gets the superdelegates, she has the nomination. If she doesn’t get the nomination she has a strong case to be a relitively unopposed candidate in 2012.

crazy_legs on March 27, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Dusty on March 27, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Actually, I can envision a 4 party future down the road, if McCain, et al don’t shore up some major things. The GOP isn’t a happy place either right now.

a capella on March 27, 2008 at 3:32 PM

a capella, sorry, I just found the quote I talked about at 3:30, above. You get the full credit :)

Entelechy on March 27, 2008 at 3:35 PM

BillLalor on March 27, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing if she directed such determined nastiness toward America’s enemies. Unfortunately, Hillary’s only war will be the full-time one she’ll prosecute against “the vast right-wing conspiracy.” Ahmadinejad, Assad, Kim Jong Il, the Russians and the Chinese will get a pass.

Cicero43 on March 27, 2008 at 3:47 PM

“Was it all over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”

Senator Blutarski – Romeo13

Classic!

Tony737 on March 27, 2008 at 4:02 PM

I always wondered who to blame for killing Obambi.

misterpeasea on March 27, 2008 at 4:07 PM

It will be Gore/Obama in ’08.

Hillary will get the boot, as booting her will cause very little in the way of problems for the party.

If Obama gets booted, they will be re-building Denver from the ground up, not to mention the Democrat Party.

Gore will be rushed in to “heal the rift” and save the party and will be put atop the ticket.

Dave R. on March 27, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Expect blood. It will be sweet to watch.

Rightwingsparkle on March 27, 2008 at 2:04 PM

I’m with ya.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on March 27, 2008 at 4:10 PM

I’d like to see Michelle O. and Hillary go at it in an interview. Ouch!

ctmom on March 27, 2008 at 4:40 PM

crazy_legs on March 27, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Brilliant analysis…if McCain wins, she’s up for the dem’s. If Obama actually wins POTUS, we will be in so much trouble as a nation in 2012, she WILL be seen as the white knight to ride in and save the nation, but she won’t win in the general…Obama would be 10 times worse than Carter, the nation will vote republican in 2012 if Obama gets in/destroys the economy/ruins SCOTUS/fails at foreign policy/and does all other Obama-type things.

JustTruth101 on March 27, 2008 at 4:43 PM

She’s so crazy, she is so full of it.

There was no such poll.

AprilOrit on March 27, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Senator Clinton: More of this please. Where is this version of Hillary on the campaign trail?

gabriel sutherland on March 27, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Breaking News!
Hillary Clinton was spotted climbing the side of the burning building bare feet on her way to rescue 3 little cats. In 1999 Hillary was also spotted deep sea diving with no gear to talk to sharks about their uncivilized behavior. Hillary dragged one of those mean sharks up and told the press ‘I had to duck sniper fire to capture this shark!? In 1995 Hillary flew a single engine jet to North Korea and stood between the Great Wall then announced: “I ducked sniper fire to race here because I care!”

More Breaking News at 10!

Archdean on March 27, 2008 at 5:55 PM

Hillary: Obama illegitimate

Chakra Hammer on March 27, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Hmm. Watch her face very closely at :26, :48, 1:24-1:27 and 1:56-2:19. Deepen her voice a bit, slow it down a tad, make it a little more throaty and she is the spit and image of Richard Nixon making it perfectly clear.

Tuning Spork on March 27, 2008 at 6:11 PM

It is going to be fun, when they start on McCain and his Bush ties…at least we did count the votes in Florida and Michigan…what did you say we didn’t count all the votes? ha, you didn’t count any.
This is getting better every day…

right2bright on March 27, 2008 at 6:22 PM

I can’t believe I watched the whole thing–last night on Greta Van Blusterin’s show. They should give out medals for such acts of fortitude!
The whole scene was extremely awkward, both of them standing (?), Greta looking very diminutive in comparison to Herself, kinda like a cross between a pixie and an orc. As for Hilly, the nice act she put on was Oscar material. How she can keep a grip on that staple in the cheeks ‘smile’ is beyond bizarre; perhaps it’s a nip and tuck special.
All good points AP; I marvel at how she thinks she can rally the Demos after she drags this mess all the way to the convention.
Well, I’m not surprised, heck this is what i would expect from Bill’s girl.

Christine on March 27, 2008 at 6:31 PM

I would love for the Party Leadership to move in after the Pennsylvania primary, officially give the nomination nod to Obama, tell the Clintons and their followers to have a nice hot cup of Shut The Hell Up, and just end this primary sideshow once and for all. Either that or just let Shillary and Bubba Billy initiate their Scorched Earth Manuever and leave the present Democratic Party in ruins. Which would not really be a bad thing if you think about it.

pilamaye on March 27, 2008 at 6:47 PM