Hillary on Wright: I would have quit the church

posted at 1:56 pm on March 25, 2008 by Allahpundit

The hour is desperate, the silence at last broken. Wright versus Tuzla in the media World Series of Love:

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, in a wide-ranging interview today with Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reporters and editors, said she would have left her church if her pastor made the sort of inflammatory remarks Sen. Barack Obama’s former pastor made.

“He would not have been my pastor,” Clinton said. “You don’t choose your family, but you choose what church you want to attend.”

“You know, I spoke out against Don Imus (who was fired from his radio and television shows after making racially insensitive remarks), saying that hate speech was unacceptable in any setting, and I believe that,” Clinton said. “I just think you have to speak out against that. You certainly have to do that, if not explicitly, then implicitly by getting up and moving.”

Exit question: Just what the doctor ordered to knock her own shameless lie off the front page and put Obama’s back on? If not, no worries — Wright’s due to speak tonight in Florida, so look for some sweet, sweet crazy on the top of the page at Drudge in the a.m.

The time has come, my friends. Two liars enter, one liar leaves.

Comments

Sure you would have Hillary, sure, but it is good to see these two clowns tearing one another to shreds.

Bishop on March 25, 2008 at 1:58 PM

The vote!!??? I, I, I, I can’t decide!!!

kcd on March 25, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Que Michael Buffer: Let’s get ready to rumble!

TheBigOldDog on March 25, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Don’t confuse hate speech with an honest dialog on race relations. The victim card has many symptoms but only one disease. Just as forrest Gump.

saiga on March 25, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Yay, I get to be first voter… The dodging sniper fire issue comments were typical Hillaryspeak so it didn’t surprise me in the least. Based on that, I have to go for option B.

RobertCSampson on March 25, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Can I go for what’s behind door #3, where the lovely Carol Merrill is standing?

Shy Guy on March 25, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Typical white woman.

AverageJoe on March 25, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Isn’t there any way that 2 lies about the same topic can equal the truth?

That’s where America is now, isn’t it?

OhEssYouCowboys on March 25, 2008 at 2:04 PM

It does my heart good to see both candidates get so exercised. Too bad they don’t allow duels anymore. But, then again, I don’t think either of these two could shoot straight much less figure out how to fire a weapon.

Maybe the real loosers will be the commie pinko libs.

saiga on March 25, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Lies are all they have left

Kini on March 25, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Option B. Hillary is pandering and lying to push her experience angle. It’s expected with them.

Obama is playing the whole judgment card, lying by saying he has never heard his spiritual guidance counselor of 20 years say “God Damn America”, we deserved 9/11, we created AIDS, etc.

amerpundit on March 25, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Food-fight!!!

omnipotent on March 25, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Two liars enter, one liar leaves.

Time for ‘poxyclips.

James on March 25, 2008 at 2:08 PM

man this popcorns good ;)

trailortrash on March 25, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Preliminary exit poll results are now in for
“The most shameless lie of all?” vote.

Our projected winner is a write-in candidate.
Some guy named “Journalistic Integrity.”

CyberCipher on March 25, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Lies are all they have left

Kini on March 25, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Did you mean “lies are all the left have”?

Shy Guy on March 25, 2008 at 2:09 PM

That being said, popcorn anyone?

amerpundit on March 25, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Glad Mark Penn finally decided to get off the dime on this. Now, we’ll see if Barry is too smart to respond.But, since Wright now has centerstage and is reveling in it, he won’t be able to resist temptation tonight, and will surely toss some red meat on the stage. It’s all good.

a capella on March 25, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Clinton and Obama are are different kind of liars than, say, James Carville. Carville lies to others, but not to himself. Clinton and Obama both lie to themselves to avoid seeing what they are. That’s tragic, personally, and for us.

JiangxiDad on March 25, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Hmm, did Bubba and Hillary know about Wright’s hate back when they had him as a guest at the White House?

Rick on March 25, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Forget it, Shill! Wrong Way Wright is now ancient history!

Tell us more about the firefight at Tuzla!!!!!

The bullets!

The bombs!

The smell of napalm in the air!

Tell us EVERYTHING!

pilamaye on March 25, 2008 at 2:13 PM

“You don’t choose your family…”

Who chose Bill for her?

whitetop on March 25, 2008 at 2:13 PM

That should be Clinton and Obama lie to themselves and others…

JiangxiDad on March 25, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Vast Wright Wing Conspiracy vs Vast White Wing Conspiracy.

fogw on March 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM

Desperate but well played. This should complete well against her Bosnia fictions.

So what will Wright say? Is he stupid enough to take the bait and unleash his Black Liberation Theology nonsense knowing the audience is packed with national media? Or will he bite his tongue and play nice for Whitey? BLT served extra-spicey or mayo on white bread?

Two liars enter, one liar leaves.

The Democratic Thunderdome. Cue Tina Turner.

Vote Sauron 08 on March 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM

If I lived in Denver, I would be buying more home insurance.

jukin on March 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM

I don’t even see the dodging sniper fire as a lie, I see it as a person taking a lame story and making it interesting, we all do it. A lie is saying you never heard your racist nutjob preacher say anything crazy, and then admitting within a week that you heard it but it didnt matter to you.

muyoso on March 25, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Ah that Drudge is having a field day with Clinton, Hussein and the Pastor.

You never know who pays him. He’s switching sides all the time.

I guess it depends on who pays more and what story can get more hits on his page.

But he’s useful anyway.

As for Hillary Clinton, I agree with her. Hussein remained in that church for 20 years in spite of knowing his pastor’s opinions about America, race, etc.

If I knew that my pastor thinks and preaches that way, I would’ve talked to my Bishop and if I didn’t get any results, I would’ve contacted the Vatican.

Hussein, by befriending his pastor for 20 years not only approved spewing hate from the pulpit towards America and White people but also endorsed that pastor’s views.

And his run for the Presidency is nothing short than an attempt to implement these hateful views expressed also by his wife.

Indy Conservative on March 25, 2008 at 2:16 PM

I would have quit the church

assuming the roof didn’t fall in when she crossed the threshold in the first place.

Quisp on March 25, 2008 at 2:17 PM

Is hc a ‘typical white’ woman and a racist for her remarks? Will bho call her on this? This is just delicious.
L

letget on March 25, 2008 at 2:17 PM

Did you mean “lies are all the left have”?

Shy Guy on March 25, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Kinda has a nice ring to it, eh?

The lefts belief system is a symptomatic problem for truthism.

Kini on March 25, 2008 at 2:17 PM

I gotta go with B. I still chuckle at the Sir Edmund lie, so the sniper one doesn’t surprise me. And how priceless is it that Sinbad exposed her? LOL

Dubn8tr on March 25, 2008 at 2:19 PM

We’re back in K-12.

geminicontender on March 25, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Hillary is going “scorched earth.” If she can’t win the primary, then she’s going to make darn sure she’s running against McCain in the next election.

doufree on March 25, 2008 at 2:22 PM

letget on March 25, 2008 at 2:17 PM

Nope, just stockin up on ammo…

Romeo13 on March 25, 2008 at 2:24 PM

McCain needs to start running ads basically saying:

“Do you really want either of these bickering/lying/backstabbing etc… clowns as President??”

One could only hope that people begin to realize that this is the true nature of the democrat party.

cntrlfrk on March 25, 2008 at 2:25 PM

Indy Conservative on March 25, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Drudge is in it for the page views. That being said, he usually portrays Sidney in an OK light.

amerpundit on March 25, 2008 at 2:25 PM

“You don’t choose your family, but you choose what church you want to attend.”…
THAT is a quote from Rush on his show last week!
She’s a ditto-head? Bahrahhhhhh

subbottomfeeder on March 25, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Don’t count on it. I’m sure that whatever he plans to say has been cleared by the Obama campaign in advance- more likely he’ll be attempting some damage control on Barry’s behalf.

Obama’s lie was more shameless- he knew damn well what Wright was about; he couldn’t not know. Hillary lied too, but can at least claim that was a possibility of sniper fire, even if she grossly exaggerated the danger of the situation.

Hollowpoint on March 25, 2008 at 2:27 PM

All I can say is………

bobeast on March 25, 2008 at 2:29 PM

Opps

Obama trys to take credit for work he didnt do

William Amos on March 25, 2008 at 2:29 PM

Nancy Reagan is endorsing McCain.

amerpundit on March 25, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Mutually Assured Destruction.

(We can hope).

cs89 on March 25, 2008 at 2:33 PM

To quit implies participating in the first place.

– The Cat

P.S. Funerals don’t count.

MirCat on March 25, 2008 at 2:35 PM

And how priceless is it that Sinbad exposed her? LOL

Dubn8tr on March 25, 2008 at 2:19 PM

I wonder why we never heard from Sheryl Crow? She was there, too. Maybe she was busy cleaning up after using just 1 square.

cjs1943 on March 25, 2008 at 2:37 PM

I voted 20 years of nothin, but Hilary’s is much more amusing.

“We were under heavy enemy fire! I dove on Chelsea screaming GET DOWN! We both struggled to get over to Sinbads position. Where’s Crow? He asked. Damnit! CROOOOW! I saw her there, pinned down by sniper fire. Thinking quick, I fashioned my pantsuit into a long tether that I threw to Sheryl Crow and pulled her to safety.”

Dash on March 25, 2008 at 2:48 PM

I can’t believe we have a month will Pennsylvania votes. There is no way this is going to Denver for the simple fact that people will run out of things to say.

ninjapirate on March 25, 2008 at 2:49 PM

You don’t choose your family, but you choose what church you want to attend.

Oh, happy day! Hillary’s reading Ann Coulter’s columns! Exp.:

The only reason we indulge crazy uncles is that everyone understands that people don’t choose their relatives the way they choose, for example, their pastors and mentors. No one quarrels with the idea that you can’t be expected to publicly denounce your blood relatives.

But Wright is not a relative of Obama’s at all

(They’re both right, by the way; and there isn’t necessarily an implication of joining in the first place. She specifically said “He would not have been my pastor,” as in, first time I hear that kind of idiocy, I’m gone.)

emailnuevo on March 25, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Looks like Hillary has better political sense than B. Hussein. With the ears Obama has hanging off his head, I am shocked, shocked I say, he was unable to hear the right Reverand J. A. Wright speak on the subject of what white people have done to the world. In an evil sense that is. Did anyone know Israel tested an a bomb off the coast of South Africa? How about the developement of , with the assistance of the South African Govt, a race bomb designed to kill blacks and arabs? Where does this guy get off? I cannot believe the people who attend that church (?) are that stupid?

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on March 25, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Both of these liars have no fear of lying because they have grown accustomed to the msm covering (in this case “not covering”) for them when they goof. In either case, if it were a Republican it would have been all over the nightly news and the front pages for weeks.
They (the Dims) still have not adjusted to the reality of the internet, blogs, and talk radio.

baldeagle on March 25, 2008 at 3:23 PM

TV alert: Col David Hunt (the O’Reilly regular with the gravely voice) was at Tusla for the visit and so was the entire First Armored Division and 4,000 soldiers and he is insulted by her lie. The idea that with 30-days advanced notice they could not secure the area for her visit is an insult. He’ll be on O’Reilly tonight taking on Laney Davis over this and he plans on letting loose….

TheBigOldDog on March 25, 2008 at 3:53 PM

One lie was about a specific event. The other lie encompasses decades. Gotta give this one to Barry.

Jim Treacher on March 25, 2008 at 4:25 PM

This is what the Democratic party has been reduced to. Anybody who votes for either of these two idiots is exactly that.

WisCon on March 25, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Which lie is more shameless?

So, so, so hard to decide. I’ll come back to it later.

OneGyT on March 25, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Obama’s lie is more shameless. Hillary’s lie is your conventional Clinton lie, the “plausible” kind.

At least the Clintons have enough respect for our intelligence to make their lies believable.

HitNRun on March 25, 2008 at 7:55 PM