Video: Hillary “misspeaks” about Tuzla again; Update: “I was sleep-deprived”

posted at 1:11 pm on March 25, 2008 by Allahpundit

Via Slublog, here’s footage from Texas on February 29, seventeen days before her foreign policy speech that opened with the “misspeak” heard ’round the world. I’m not sure what this is supposed to prove. We do all understand that Hillary didn’t actually “misspeak,” that her use of that word is a polite euphemism for “shamelessly lie,” yes? In fact, according to Newsweek, she’s been shamelessly lying about this since at least December, to the point where the author wonders if she’s quite literally delusional. Sinbad came out publicly and challenged her on the story on March 11, six days before the speech; I posted about it at the time. All you’re watching here is the middle stage in the evolution of a Clintonian lie, contrived to enable the sub-moronic proposition that sitting in a plane while it lands under sniper fire somehow qualifies as “foreign policy experience.” How can anyone ever trust her again, wonders Tom Bevan. How could anyone ever trust her in the first place?

Exit question via Ace: How did we let that “If it’s too dangerous for the president, send the First Lady” line pass without comment? I’m lucky MM doesn’t dock me any pay for missing it earlier. Good lord.

Update: Ohhhh, Hillary.

On saying last week that she landed under sniper fire during a trip to Bosnia in 1996, when she was first lady:

“I was sleep-deprived, and I misspoke.”

Update: Your question of the day, via commenter OhEssYouCowboys: “Wouldn’t sleep deprivation come into play at 3:00 a.m.?”

Comments

I’m waiting for film footage of Hillary raising the flag on Suribachi.

Anybody?

OhEssYouCowboys on March 25, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Liar liar. Pantsuit on fire.

Ordinary1 on March 25, 2008 at 1:19 PM

Well thats twice in 12 years she misspoke. Darn the luck.

Dash on March 25, 2008 at 1:19 PM

She’s Little Miss Creant.
Come on…misspoke? She can’t even accurately describe a blunder, much less her foreign affairs experience….try misguide. mislead. misinterpret. misconduct. misreport. This is insignificant to one who does it so often she doesn’t even recognize it.

I’ll admit though, it takes great skill to dodge imaginary bullets…you can’t see where they’re coming from.

scalleywag on March 25, 2008 at 1:21 PM

I’m lucky MM doesn’t dock me any pay for missing it earlier.

Wait. You get paid? I thought she just sent down food and drink to the basement every once in a while.

amerpundit on March 25, 2008 at 1:21 PM

She rolls coins down the stairs once in a while. Mostly I get paid in liquor.

Allahpundit on March 25, 2008 at 1:22 PM

or Little Miss Construe

scalleywag on March 25, 2008 at 1:22 PM

…contrived to enable the sub-moronic proposition that sitting in a plane while it lands under sniper fire somehow qualifies as “foreign policy experience.”

See, that’s just it. By Hillary’s own definition of “foreign policy experience”, there are around 150,000 men and women on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan vastly more qualified than her to be president. And many more veterans of those two theaters of operations here at home.

flipflop on March 25, 2008 at 1:23 PM

GIVING THEM HILLARY: To tell a big fib.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on March 25, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Hillary, Hillary . . . you are such an unconvincing boldface liar. I see her buddy Clark was sitting behind her. I wonder if he remembers that sniper?

rplat on March 25, 2008 at 1:24 PM

When you lie about lies…you can lose track of the lie so that you need to lie about the lie so that no one will discover that lie you lied about.

wildweasel on March 25, 2008 at 1:24 PM

She rolls coins down the stairs once in a while. Mostly I get paid in liquor.

Allahpundit on March 25, 2008 at 1:22 PM

Ha!

amerpundit on March 25, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Uh, quite frankly, even if the footage DID confirm that she was under sniper fire and showed her being rushed into a car…what difference would it make? The Clintons are liars – we’ve known that for nearly two decades. They will shamelessly lie, pander or engage in any other type of unsavory activity in their relentless pursuit of power. But I just don’t see how landing in Bosnia to meet troops whether or not you’re being shot at qualifies as “foreign policy experience”. It doesn’t mean she knows squat about how to approach complex foreign policy issues. Remember her blunder when she was trying to explain the situation in Pakistan and got it totally wrong? She makes me cringe.

mattyj86 on March 25, 2008 at 1:26 PM

The real news here is that the MSM reported this.

jukin on March 25, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Keep digging, Hill!

Cuffy Meigs on March 25, 2008 at 1:33 PM

She rolls coins down the stairs once in a while. Mostly I get paid in liquor.

Allahpundit on March 25, 2008 at 1:22 PM

Charles Barkley called.

My collie says:

Did Sir Charles mention that AllahPundit is NOT a role model?

How did you know?

CyberCipher on March 25, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Didn’t she say somewhere that she was speaking from prepared statements? How, then, can you misspeak?

davidk on March 25, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Cuffy Meigs on March 25, 2008 at 1:33 PM

You edged me out about commenting that she just keeps digging herself deeper and deeper until she won’t be able to get out. Then we can throw the dirt in on top of her.

Mallard T. Drake on March 25, 2008 at 1:37 PM

HOW A MUTUAL FRIEND INTRODUCED THE CLINTONS: “Shameless lawyer liar meet shameless lawyer layer.”

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on March 25, 2008 at 1:37 PM

Hillary as President:

“I want to welcome our new trading partner, Iran.”

two days later:

“I was sleep-deprived when I made that decision and misspoke.”

Mallard T. Drake on March 25, 2008 at 1:38 PM

Good liars give details, great ones don’t.

MB4 on March 25, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Even better, in the interview she got in a little, indirect shot at the Obama/Wright duo, after playing nice for too long. Here’s hoping those flames can be fanned.

a capella on March 25, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Yeah…. yeah… thas it… I… was tired and mispoke…

Yeah, thats the ticket…

And Farrah Fawcet, whom I’ve slept with…

Romeo13 on March 25, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Gee, it only took the MSM 16 years to figure out Hill and Bill are big fat liars.

We can conclude then, they will discover Muslim jihadists are the enemies of America somewhere around the year 2017.

fogw on March 25, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Allahpundit on March 25, 2008 at 1:22 PM

You are too funny!

terryannonline on March 25, 2008 at 1:39 PM

“I want to welcome our new trading partner, Iran.”

Maybe she was just “channeling” al Maliki.

MB4 on March 25, 2008 at 1:40 PM

And Farrah Fawcet, whom I’ve slept with…

Romeo13 on March 25, 2008 at 1:39 PM

You,too?

davidk on March 25, 2008 at 1:40 PM

“I was sleep-deprived, and I misspoke.”

Is that also her excuse when she said that there was a “right wing conspiracy” against her husband when he was credibly accused of perjury, rape, etc.?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on March 25, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Wow. AP is so completely in the tank for the Glacier.

Brrrrr.

Wind Rider on March 25, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Sleep-deprived?! Hasn’t she repeated the sniper story multiple times? Was she sleep-deprived in every instance? This woman is near incapable of telling the truth. It’s appalling.

CP on March 25, 2008 at 1:45 PM

“I was sleep-deprived, and I misspoke.”

Good to know how a candidate handles sleep deprivation. ‘Cuz (just guessing here) I’m pretty sure that that whole prez gig has regular hours and there are never long hours or sleep deprivation that go along with the job.

I sure want a president that cant say what she means when she’s tired.

/sarc

anne on March 25, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Well, and how would she handle that 3AM phone call?

What a fake this woman is.

Harry Schell on March 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Hillary, Hillary . . . you are such an unconvincing boldface liar.

She’s not unconvincing. On the contrary, I am fully convinced, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that she IS a boldfaced liar!

I’ll go one better. She is a SHAMELESS boldfaced liar!

pilamaye on March 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM

President Hillary Clinton on launching nuclear missiles at Russia:

“I was sleep-deprived, and I misspoke.”

President Hillary Clinton on freeing all the terrorists detained at GITMO:

“I was sleep-deprived, and I misspoke.”

President Hillary Clinton on the decision not to dissolve our relationship with Israel:

“I was sleep-deprived, and I misspoke.”

Fact of the matter is that this excuse is cause to question Hillary Clinton’s ability to lead the nation. Do we really want a CINC who isn’t clear-headed? What happened to that 3AM phone call bit??????

highhopes on March 25, 2008 at 1:50 PM

And she wants to run your healthcare…

Harry Schell on March 25, 2008 at 1:50 PM

Wouldn’t sleep deprivation come into play at 3:00 a.m.?

OhEssYouCowboys on March 25, 2008 at 1:52 PM

highhopes, you beat me to it. Sorry for the echo.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 25, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Hey, if she is so sleep-deprived, how is she going to handle that 3AM phone call?

Oooooooooooooooooooooh you KNOW the late night shows are going to be all over this one!

pilamaye on March 25, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Everything she says is a lie. Even if she were to say “I’m lying,” she would be lying.

Brat on March 25, 2008 at 1:55 PM

The democrats just don;t have the experience dealing with a hostile media the way Republicans do. Republicans know how to stop digging. The Democrats don’t.

TheBigOldDog on March 25, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Sleep deprived?

That darned Bill can be so demanding…..once a year…….

subbottomfeeder on March 25, 2008 at 1:56 PM

I’m lucky MM doesn’t dock me any pay for missing it earlier. Good lord.

posted at 1:11 pm on March 25, 2008 by Allahpundit

Allahpundit, YOU’RE FIRED.

Pick up your laptop and your socks that are hagging from the chair. Hey, that mug is not yours, put it back on the table.

How can you miss a scoop like this one?

We could’ve ruined Hillary earlier.

Now, out.

Geez, do I have to do everything myself?

What was I doing?

Ah, the story about that b. Hillary and rumors about her transexuality.

Indy Conservative on March 25, 2008 at 2:00 PM

I’m going to have to view all of the film footage again. When she claimed that she had been under sniper fire – was she pointing her finger?

OhEssYouCowboys on March 25, 2008 at 2:01 PM

I haven’t read “Living History”, but Wolfson claims she also wrote it in the book. She is not qualified for president because she has a sleep disorder, it would seem. Someone should really check her medical records.

Sue on March 25, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Here are Hillary’s next big lies: 1) “The job of rescuing Elian Gonzalez from his Miami kidnappers was too dangerous for the president. So the President and the Attorney General asked the First Lady to do it. The word went out. If it’s a dangerous job, send the First Lady to do it. So I went into the house and rescued Elian despite being threatened and despite the sniper fire.”
Lie 2) When it became to necessary to enter the house in Waco, Texas, the president and the attorney general said: “The job is too dangerous for anyone else. Let’s send the first lady. I vividly recall the smoldering fire as I entered the Koresh compound. I nearly died from suffocation as I brought the helpless children out of that hellhole.”
Lie Number 3) “I vividely recall the day that John McCain joined me in the Hanoi Hilton. My fighter jet had been shot down a year earlier and I helped McCain adjust to prison life. I recall both of us hoarding our food so we could share it with new prisoners of war”

Larraby on March 25, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Sleep deprived?

That darned Bill can be so demanding…..once a year…….

subbottomfeeder on March 25, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Hillary: [regarding Bill] Do you know he only makes love to me 12 times a year?

Dr. Phil: Well, once a month is not so bad.

Hillary: No, he makes love to me 12 times in one night and then, zip, nothing!

MB4 on March 25, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Lie Number 3) “I vividely recall the day that John McCain joined me in the Hanoi Hilton. My fighter jet broom had been shot down a year earlier and I helped McCain adjust to prison life. I recall both of us hoarding our food so we could share it with new prisoners of war”

Larraby on March 25, 2008 at 2:06 PM

MB4 on March 25, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Wow, she must think that people are really stupid if she thinks anyone will buy that one. I’d rather her just make stuff up rather than use the sleep-deprived BS on us. That’s insulting to my intelligence.

orlandocajun on March 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM

I think she meant she was sleep deprived during the 1996 trip. I checked Wikipedia for dates when Bill and Monica has liaisons and sure enough, it was March, 1996. You think Hillary might have just been thinking she was under sniper fire from Bill and Monica? heh…

d1carter on March 25, 2008 at 2:24 PM

This is so scary on many different levels. Of course she lies; she’s a Democrat, and a Clinton. But what do you suppose might happen if a sleep-deprived Hillary just happens to hit the nuclear button? Or what about a sleep-deprived Hillary meeting with someone like the pres of Iran? How much of the US would she give up to the mullahs? The possibilities are endless. This is just more proof that she’s not ready for the “big chair.”

jdawg on March 25, 2008 at 2:34 PM

I almost feel bad for her. Almost.

What a mind-numbingly stupid way to destroy your presidential campaign – especially right as your opponent is busy stupidly destroying his own.

Obama was done. All she had to do was not screw up. And she managed to do it, needlessly – and spectacularly.

And now I feel sorry for her because there’s no way out. She lied, we know she lied, and she knows we know she lied. But she can’t possibly come out at this point and just admit she lied.

It’s all wonderfully entertaining. John McCain should go on an around the world senior’s cruise for a couple months. He shouldn’t even be saying a word.

Professor Blather on March 25, 2008 at 2:40 PM

For fifteen years we’ve been hearing how smart the Clintons are; but even allowing for MSM bias, how on earth did Hillary think she’d get away with this stupid and easily demonstrable lie?
It reminds me of John Francois Kerry’s ‘Christmas In Cambodia’ story, which was seared, seared in his memory.
You just gotta love these Democrats.

infidel65 on March 25, 2008 at 2:42 PM

amerpundit on March 25, 2008 at 1:21 PM

At first glance I thought amerpundit was talking about Hillary sending food/drink down to Bill and Monica…I did read all comments since…

Does Hillary know that sleep deprivation affects one’s sex life?

Entelechy on March 25, 2008 at 2:43 PM

infidel65 on March 25, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Because Bill got away with his?

They are now multimillionaires on the verge of possibly retaking the Presidency…

If that aint gettin a away with Lieing… I don’t know what is..

Romeo13 on March 25, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Eh well, it must be tough keeping all those lies strait.

4shoes on March 25, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I got a 3-year-old. Next time I “miss-speak” to my wife, I think I’ll try the ol’ “sleep-deprived” excuse.

Problem is…she’s “sleep-deprived” too. Guess I’ll just watch what I say.

Now there is an idea, Hillary.

ej_pez on March 25, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Think of the thousands of staged events, the tens of thousands of times she has pretended to be delighted to see someone she doesn’t know, the hundreds of thousands times she has recited empty clichés and exhortatory banalities, the millions of photos she has posed for in which she is supposed to appear empathetic or tough, the billions of politically opportune half-truths that have bounced around her head.

Yes, boring Mr. Brooks said it best.

“exhortatory banalities” – how befitting the Clintons, and both running libs of this electoral season…

Entelechy on March 25, 2008 at 2:55 PM

Sleep deprivation and international crisis go hand in hand. So a good number of people want someone who screws up every time she yawns running things in those situations? Good Lord.
As to the MSM, don’t worry, as soon as she’s the party nominee in November, they’ll forget all about her crap again.

tomk59 on March 25, 2008 at 3:01 PM

The CBS babe was actually on the Tuzla trip with Hillary. The Glacier has been lying about this trip since at least last December, and yet only now does CBS News decide to nail the lie. Why? Because the Tuzla video is all over the internet.
There are two stories here and neither of them is exactly earth-shattering: Hillary is a pathological liar and CBS News is still hopelessly biased.
Nothing to see here, folks.

infidel65 on March 25, 2008 at 3:02 PM

She was sleep deprived….sleep deprived?!?!? What’s going to happen at 3AM when the red phone in the White House rings?!?!?…”I pressed the wrong button and let the missiles fly, my bad, I was sleep deprived”. What’s next, my dog ate my 2006 tax returns?

But it’s okay because the media moonbats would all come up with some justification as to why it’s unfair to blame her and how it really is all the rethuglicans and GB’s fault. You CAN’T make this stuff up.

PatriotPete on March 25, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Yea ! ! That’s the ticket. Sniper fire . . . and bombs, Yea ! ! Bombs. . . . And ducking for cover. Yea , Ducking. . . .

Texyank on March 25, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Actually, Infidel65, the third story was in your post. CBS didn’t want to talk about it, but had their hand forced by the fine folks on the internet.
Keep pounding away gang; you domake a difference.

tomk59 on March 25, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Turns out Col David Hunt was there. He’s furious. He’s on WRKO in Boston right now talking about it. He’ll be on O’Reilly tonight. He says she’s outright lying and has to answer for this. He says it’s an insult to the Soldiers who were there who made had 30 days to prepare. He says nobody in Bosnia even coughed during her visit. No loud noises!… He’s pissed… Should make for a good O’Reilly tonight.

TheBigOldDog on March 25, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Col Hunt: There were 4,000 soldiers and the first armoed division there for her. How did she think she was going to get away with this lie?

He’s ridiculing her big-time. She lead the soldiers up the hill and personally pointed out the snipers to be taken out…etc…. She jumped in the lead tank an attacked. There were remnants of the German SS in the hills… you get the idea…Now all the callers are joining in and they are playing the National Anthem in the background. Hillar Blood & Guts Clinton.

I rename her Hillary McBragg:
When on the hill our marines plant a flag
They may be lead by Hillary McBragg
With a cannon in hand
She can beat any man
Or so says the bragg of Hillary McBragg!

There, Tuzla. Did I ever tell you about the time I single handedly won the Bosnia war? There I was with Chelesea dogging sniper fire from all around us! I

TheBigOldDog on March 25, 2008 at 3:49 PM

“I was sleep-deprived, and I misspoke…I mean..I forgot to take my medication. Haha, no just kidding, see I was kidding about Bosnia, it’s important for a President to have a sense of humor. By sniper fire I actually meant we were being subjected that little girl’s hugs like sniper fire, I couldn’t shake her!! No, I mean, haha, I actually mean, um, Sinbad was like, pretending to shoot a gun, it was cuh-razy funny! I guess you had to be there…..oh they have video of it? Oh…………..well….did anyone like my sun glasses? They’re Ray-bans.”

mattyj86 on March 25, 2008 at 3:59 PM

btw exit question: hill-arious

mattyj86 on March 25, 2008 at 4:00 PM

I don’t believe either Clinton knows the meaning of the word shame, they certainly never experienced it.

Maquis on March 25, 2008 at 4:14 PM

More like honesty-deprived.

Tzetzes on March 25, 2008 at 5:10 PM

One must ask the obvious question, if she is “sleep deprived” and makes a so-called “brain fart” like this (if indeed she were truely suffering from sleep deprivation… let’s just go with it for a moment), then ya got to ask yourself, “What is sh egoing to say when the red phone rings at 3 a.m. ?” I mean… pardon moi’s French… but… merde, ca ne vaut pas un clou!!!

CynicalOptimist on March 25, 2008 at 6:45 PM

I wouldn’t worry about her sleep deprivation due to answering the phone at 3am….it’s always busy about that time….somebody named…mohican..mancco….er monicah….jeez, I dont remember…It doesn’t matter ’cause Hill’s fast asleep and ready for night one…er,,,,day one

b4lucy on March 25, 2008 at 7:49 PM

CynicalOptimist on March 25, 2008 at 6:45 PM

That’s what I was thinking. Can you imagine her misspeaking i.e. baldface lying, to a foreign leader during a 3am emergence?

deepdiver on March 25, 2008 at 8:26 PM

jdawg,
“But what do you suppose might happen if a sleep-deprived Hillary just happens to hit the nuclear button?”

Easy – she would just say that she did a miss-poke!!

exhelodrvr on March 25, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Hitlery has been deprived of so many things because of her politics, overly inflated eqo, and inability to tell the truth.

MSGTAS on March 26, 2008 at 10:04 AM