Hosting company pulls the plug on Geert Wilders’s anti-Islam movie?

posted at 5:57 pm on March 22, 2008 by Allahpundit

Tomorrow’s the big day — or rather, today is, if plans proceed to post the movie online at midnight (European time, I’m assuming). I’ve been monitoring the official website since this morning and until the past hour it looked like this. Click to enlarge:

fitna002.jpg

That’s from the British website, which is still up and running as I write this. The American page looked exactly the same except for “Coming Soon” in place of the date. Now it looks like this. Click again to enlarge:

fitna.jpg

Here’s Network Solutions’s terms of use. Is paragraph 7 the operative one, do you think — or is it paragraph 10? If the latter, why on earth did they agree to host the site in the first place? Have they missed the global uproar over the movie during the past two months?

And why are they bouncing it before the film’s even gone online? As I say, the only thing on the site right now is that Koran image and the title information. Where’s the terms of use violation? Or are they being DOS’d already?

I’m stepping out for a bit but keep your eye on the site. Exit question: Where does it end?

Update: Please do read that Wash Times article and reflect on the fact that a movie of such immense public interest as to have drawn comments from heads of state and NATO officials before it’s even been released is struggling at this moment to find a single western media outlet, of any sort, to distribute it. Wilders’s point has already been proved, hasn’t it?

Comments

DHIMMITUDE

reliapundit on March 22, 2008 at 6:00 PM

Allah hates you this I know
For the Koran tells me so
Infidels, Christians, Movie Makers and Jews we bomb
They are weak but we are strong

Yes Allah hates you! Yes, Allah hates you! Yes, Allah hates you,
The Koran tells me so.

Allah hates you, you will die
Blow your plane up in the sky
Say the salat, chop off head,
Censor a movie, eat falafel, go to bed.

Yes, Allah hates you! Yes, Allah hates you! Yes, Allah hates you!

The Koran tells me so

Aleph on March 22, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Is it an “anti-Islam” movie or just a movie about Islam ? A truthful movie simply discussing aspects Islam may be considered anti-Islam by an Islamist. Makes my head hurt.

JonRoss on March 22, 2008 at 6:08 PM

Well, that certainly didn’t take long…

Romeo13 on March 22, 2008 at 6:10 PM

I actually bookmarked this site days ago–figured it would be interesting reading with my coffee Easter morning. I don’t particularly like this Geert fellow, but I hope the dutch didn’t give up on freedom of speech!

sonja13 on March 22, 2008 at 6:13 PM

Good, I was going to see the film but this gives me the extra time to cut off my wife’s clitoris, as my new religion advises. She has been dangerously close to having an orgasm.

2Tru2Tru on March 22, 2008 at 6:15 PM

DhimmiTube.

labrat on March 22, 2008 at 6:22 PM

but I hope the dutch didn’t give up on freedom of speech!

sonja13 on March 22, 2008 at 6:13 PM

It’s not the Dutch that I’m particularly worried about at this point.

labrat on March 22, 2008 at 6:26 PM

As long as folks continue to use hosts they do not own they will fall victim to this kind of behavior. P2P maybe the wave of the future. Torrents or applications like Limewire might be where this kind of thing needs to go. It’s easy enough to publish a torrent. Dunno what it takes to add content to Limewire or should I say make said content easily accessible.

There is no such thing as a democratic network folks. Someone always calls the shots and it’s typically the person paying the electric bill.

Pilgrim on March 22, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Next time tell people the movie is about the bible or Christianty, no one will notice.

dentalque on March 22, 2008 at 6:32 PM

2Tru2Tru on March 22, 2008 at 6:15 PM

Glad to see you are being proactive. It may prevent the need for an honor killing down the road.

labrat on March 22, 2008 at 6:39 PM

dentalque on March 22, 2008 at 6:32 PM

Only the ACLU and they’ll try to kill it because it will cross over the telecommunication network which is interstate and therefore subject to Federal Regulation and we simply can NOT allow the “Church” to exist co-exist with the Gubment.

Pilgrim on March 22, 2008 at 6:40 PM

I found out a long time ago that Network Solutions is anti-Christian and anti-American.

jdun on March 22, 2008 at 6:42 PM

Now I just want to see the damn movie even more. I heard it’s only 15-min long. Is that true? Whatevs. It’ll just be another fatwa issued against our boy Geert. I think he’s competing with Ayaan Hirsi Ali to see who can get the most fatwas issued against them.

malan89 on March 22, 2008 at 6:51 PM

Straight to DVD?

Speakup on March 22, 2008 at 6:53 PM

his 15-minute film “Fitna” — the Arabic word for “discord” —

In Icelandic (Old Norse) fitna means “to fatten”.

Tzetzes on March 22, 2008 at 6:59 PM

My girlfriend is Dutch and we’re going there in April to get married.
I’ll have to see if they have any (tasteful) clothing with the flag on it.

Tzetzes on March 22, 2008 at 7:01 PM

WTH did Wilders choose NS of all hosts? There are plenty of hosts who provide free speech hosting.

Hope he sues their asses though.

Aristotle on March 22, 2008 at 7:10 PM

Spencer raises a legit question:

Now think about that for half a second. How is a site that said only “Geert Wilders presents Fitna, 23 March 2008” in conceivable violation of any acceptable use policy?

How indeed?

Aristotle on March 22, 2008 at 7:16 PM

Here is where in their Acceptable Use Policy, NS will wiggle out…

“You agree that Network Solutions shall under no circumstances be held liable on account of any action it takes, in good faith, to restrict transmission of material that it or any user of the services considers to be fraudulent, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected.”

sandcrab on March 22, 2008 at 7:25 PM

Here is where in their Acceptable Use Policy, NS will wiggle out…

I’ve seen cases of courts sacking user agreements. If a product manufacturer makes you sign a paper saying they can’t be responsible if the product dissolves to dust the next day after you buy it, they still can be sued.

Aristotle on March 22, 2008 at 7:30 PM

In Icelandic (Old Norse) fitna means “to fatten”.

Tzetzes on March 22, 2008 at 6:59 PM

In Texan, fitna means “about to” or “fixing to,” as in “I’m fitna go have some BBQ.” ;-)

aero on March 22, 2008 at 7:30 PM

It ends with our deaths, the deaths of the Islamists, or with our subjugation.

Zoltan on March 22, 2008 at 7:31 PM

aero on March 22, 2008 at 7:30 PM

LOL! :-))

IrishEi on March 22, 2008 at 7:38 PM

aero on March 22, 2008 at 7:30 PM

I thought that was fixna

Tzetzes on March 22, 2008 at 7:38 PM

aero on March 22, 2008 at 7:30 PM

I’m fitna fall out of my chair laughing!! (Lubbock TX native, by the way)

labrat on March 22, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Good post Allah. Can’t wait to see the film, I’m hoping we will be able to view it…

Zorro on March 22, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Why don’t we have ONE internet service provider owned and controlled by ‘conservatives’ ?? Why don’t we have ONE credit card bank owned by a ‘conservative’ ..so gun stores can process legal gun sales? These companies need to be outside of the USA so they outside of the reach of American jurisprudence controlled by liberals.

This is SO simple!

daytrader on March 22, 2008 at 7:40 PM

I thought that they had freedom of speec………head rolling.

Johan Klaus on March 22, 2008 at 7:44 PM

My girlfriend is Dutch and we’re going there in April to get married.
I’ll have to see if they have any (tasteful) clothing with the flag on it.

Tzetzes on March 22, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Try here. http://www.thoseshirts.com/

opusrex on March 22, 2008 at 7:46 PM

hmmm. Note to self: Move to another domain-hosting corp when it’s time to renew.

sanantonian on March 22, 2008 at 7:51 PM

DHIMMITUDE

reliapundit on March 22, 2008 at 6:00 PM

Amen!

sanantonian on March 22, 2008 at 7:51 PM

AP you ought to host Fitna, the most important movie since The Passion, on HA.

calicon on March 22, 2008 at 7:58 PM

A precursor of the death of Western civilization, not a shot fired, not a drop of blood spilled, not even litigation. Suicide by Political Correctness caused by total lose of sack. My God have mercy on our souls!

dmann on March 22, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Muslims threatened violence to prevent showing a film saying Islam is violent.

JustTruth101 on March 22, 2008 at 8:04 PM

Fitna to be tied?

HA should post it as soon as it is ready to go if no others (youtube, et al) will.

profitsbeard on March 22, 2008 at 8:12 PM

JustTruth101 on March 22, 2008 at 8:04 PM

Good point. The reaction to the film is more telling than the film itself.

labrat on March 22, 2008 at 8:13 PM

This is just sickening. Western civilization on its knees, trembling in fear of backward, 6th century barbarians.

As we say in Joisey, BOHICA.

IrishEi on March 22, 2008 at 8:21 PM

I was thinking the same thing about creating a torrent and uploading it to a tracker somewhere. Really simple to do and simple to setup. Bit torrent would really be a very good way to distribute this.

Luthien on March 22, 2008 at 8:35 PM

As we say in Joisey, BOHICA.

IrishEi on March 22, 2008 at 8:21 PM

OK I’ll bite, I don’t recognize the acronym.
What does it mean?

jerrytbg on March 22, 2008 at 8:43 PM

Europe…fit? na!

Ping pong balls, instead of metal…if we’re not careful, we’re next.

Hillary has moved to the left of Obama.

Entelechy on March 22, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Entelechy on March 22, 2008 at 8:52 PM

so true!

jerrytbg on March 22, 2008 at 8:54 PM

jerrytbg:

Bend Over Here It Comes Again

Usually reserved for our frequent tax hikes, but I thought it Fitna’d this ongoing dhimmitude as well.

IrishEi on March 22, 2008 at 8:54 PM

IrishEi on March 22, 2008 at 8:54 PM

ah jezz… I’m almost sorry I asked… I won’t make that mistake again…. nah, I probable will…

jerrytbg on March 22, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Western ‘civilization’ on its’ knees?

Nah.

Look at history, people! Read up on the beginning of WWII. Around 1934. Around 1938.

The U.S. was very inward-facing, and torn over appeasement, which side to take, very similar to my mind.

I see 9/11 as similar to the naval actions in the North Atlantic in the late 1930s. Open, but undeclared war.

Sooner or later, the enemy goes too far, the liberal so-called “leaders” are overruled, and we have Western “uncivilization”.

Mew

acat on March 22, 2008 at 9:03 PM

This nonsense from a company who held the monopoly on domain names for quite a few years when they first came out in mid-nineties.
1-800-333-7680
Network Solutions, call ’em.

shooter on March 22, 2008 at 9:39 PM

acat on March 22, 2008 at 9:03 PM

So a paradox is created; Do we keep the Republicans in power so these enemies know not to F… with us, or do we let the Dhimmicrats win so these enemies will show their hand counting on a weak (if any) response from the libs, absorb the hit and united by that horror finally take the gloves off and crush Islamofascism once and for all?

dmann on March 22, 2008 at 9:51 PM

DhimmiTube.

labrat on March 22, 2008 at 6:22 PM

LOL! Excellent!

4shoes on March 22, 2008 at 9:54 PM

From Hoovers:

Network Solutions sells Internet domain names and provides related services such as Web-site hosting and e-mail services to consumers, corporations, and organizations. The company has seen its ownership change a number of times. After being acquired by VeriSign for about $15 billion in 2000, Network Solutions was sold to investment firm Pivotal Group in 2003 for $100 million. Pivotal sold Network Solutions to General Atlantic, a private equity firm specializing in information technology companies, early in 2007.

And from General Atlantic:

For over 25 years General Atlantic® has provided equity financing to private and public companies globally. We have invested in over 160 companies and currently have approximately $17 billion in capital under management. Our investments range from $50 million to $500 million in equity for growth, expansions, buy-outs, consolidations and build-ups. We invest in 8-12 companies per year.

Here’s a page of contact information for Network Solutions.

And here’s a page of contact information for General Atlantic.

Here’s the “team” roster of General Atlantic.

From the roster, one sees that if Network Solutions has received complaints, they may very well have come from within General Atlantic. It seems General Atlantic and Network Solutions are in the position of the publisher in this case. If one chooses to address them, it seems reasonable to do so in the polite tone one uses with those who own resources that one will never use without their agreement.

Kralizec on March 22, 2008 at 10:38 PM

I may be the last one to have made the connection, but the sidebar shows that Network Solutions is a Pajamas Media advertiser. Making a good impression on the readers, they are not.

By the way, I’ve spent a half hour putting together links to general information and contact information for Network Solutions and its owner, General Atlantic. The comment seems to have been put into a queue for spam; I’d like to see it approved for inclusion in this thread. Thank you.

Kralizec on March 22, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Perhaps Hot Air could host the movie?

alphie on March 22, 2008 at 11:27 PM

The site appears to be back up. Click the link, you get the logo again, where earlier, you got the error message.

bikermailman on March 22, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Oops….just woke up from a nap. Our proud Americans are still dhimmified. The Brits are going though.

bikermailman on March 22, 2008 at 11:41 PM

I work at the company that hosts Hot Air, and we could certainly provide the infrastructure needed. However, it takes time to deploy the gear… you can’t easily turn on a switch and have a new config in place that can meet the potential need of a site like this.

I bet that the site hosted at Network Solutions is a very low-cost shared hosting solution (meaning that the site is just one of many sites hosted on a single phuysical computer). If this is the case the site will probably go down due to the spike in traffic that can be expected.

If the movie company has already thought of this they are hosting the site on a dedicated server. Even that may be brought down if the traffic is high enough. There are several factors (network throughput at the host, capacity of the firewall, power of the hardware, etc.).

The ideal config would have the site hosted on dedicated servers with content distributed by a CDN like Limelight or Akamai. As a hosting industry guy it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

cannonball on March 22, 2008 at 11:47 PM

Keeping the Brit site open in another window, nothing yet….8 minutes til midnight here on the East coast.

dmann on March 22, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Eh Question: Why does it take a platoon of frenzied Jawas to get actual hate-monger’s websites shutdown or YouTube videos pulled, but a video attack on those same hate-mongers by someone who has intentionally distanced himself from the more insane strains of Eurocentrism is preemptively banned?

Maybe if a Muslim or former Muslim had said something similar as Wilders? Heh. Nevermind. She’s in hiding now.

jrl on March 22, 2008 at 11:52 PM

This is an easy fix.

Release it on bit torrent. End of story. It will go viral in one day.

And the Islamonazis can’t do a damn thing about it.

NeoConSnakePlissken on March 22, 2008 at 11:53 PM

Kralizec on March 22, 2008 at 10:38 PM

Hoovers is in Herndon, VA. Isn’t that part of the Wahhabi Corridor?

Connie on March 22, 2008 at 11:54 PM

Radical Muslims won’t tolerate a 15-minute documentary that points out obvious facts, yet they are free to show children ‘educational’ shows that have Mickey Mouse killing Jews.

It makes perfect sense to me. Darn, I must be such a typical intolerant white person.

cannonball on March 22, 2008 at 11:55 PM

What gets me is that the Dutch have contributed troops to fight the ROP but back home they surrender to the same enemy – hey wait a minute that kind of sounds familiar.

Catfish on March 22, 2008 at 11:56 PM

No dice. Site is down. >:-(

cannonball on March 23, 2008 at 12:03 AM

The Movie Fitna

Connie on March 23, 2008 at 12:06 AM

I wonder if they will switch and use the another domain name?

Connie on March 23, 2008 at 12:09 AM

oops the

If the movie does appear, download immediately if you have the software.

Connie on March 23, 2008 at 12:14 AM

Still can’t find it, the Brit site, The Movie site (thanks Connie) Google, Liveleak….nada!

dmann on March 23, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Peter_P on March 23, 2008 at 12:44 AM

Poll on right side. Yes is winning.

Should Fitna be banned?

Connie on March 23, 2008 at 12:47 AM

Release it on bit torrent. End of story. It will go viral in one day.
And the Islamonazis can’t do a damn thing about it.
NeoConSnakePlissken on March 22, 2008 at 11:53 PM

This is the answer. Let them try to stop P2P distribution. There is absolutely no way to do so.

However, the author won’t be able to make any money either.

I imagine Network Solutions got a credible last-minute cease-and-desist letter from CAIR or some other heavyweight.

mojojojo on March 23, 2008 at 12:57 AM

A headline on Drudge implies that the movie maker is a Muslim antagonist.

Johan Klaus on March 23, 2008 at 1:27 AM

It’s Sunday, March 23, 2008 at 5:06:25 AM GMT in England…site up but no movie…do I have the time wrong? Does anyone know when the movie will be available? (I’d like to watch it in between making cakes for tomorrow…)

JustTruth101 on March 23, 2008 at 1:49 AM

I’ve been keeping an eye on this since it first made news in November 07. According to Geert Wilders himself, the only website he is associated with is fitnathemovie.com.

He is not associated with themoviefitna.com, fitnathemovie.co.uk or any so-called promos on youtube.

For any information please go to http://www.geertwilders.nl/ or http://www.pvv.nl/

cdn.infidel on March 23, 2008 at 1:50 AM

mojojojo on March 23, 2008 at 12:57 AM

That or threat of a big fat lawsuit by a sleazy uber-rich Saudi oil sheik, like the “Alms for Jihad” situation.

JustTruth101 on March 23, 2008 at 1:51 AM

Speaking of jihad, Atlas Shrugs reports serious links between Obama and Rhashid Khalidi. Rhashid Khalidi is a Former PLO operative currently teaching at Columbia U.

Obama also has sat with Pali Edward Said who has been a rather big help of the terror force. I would encourage you to check out the links for yourself and make up your own mind.

HotAirJosef on March 23, 2008 at 1:51 AM

HotAirJosef on March 23, 2008 at 1:51 AM

Schussel also reported on that, iirc.

Connie on March 23, 2008 at 1:56 AM

Schlussel…sorry

Connie on March 23, 2008 at 1:57 AM

JustTruth101 on March 23, 2008 at 1:49 AM

No one knows when or even if.

Connie on March 23, 2008 at 2:02 AM

Yep, they wimped out.

koolbrease on March 23, 2008 at 2:58 AM

Cowards

Connie on March 23, 2008 at 3:11 AM

Whether it’s a question of exposing Islam or exposing the Left, we always know which side the media is on.

Halley on March 23, 2008 at 3:20 AM

I propose that individuals and/or companies just give dedicated servers for the sole purpose of publishing the film. If several hundred people do it, nothing will be able to prevent the diffusion.

Mine is now up and running.

More info (in French): http://www.ajm.ch/wordpress/?p=1025

ajm on March 23, 2008 at 4:55 AM

Has the British Fitna site been hijacked?

NO FITNA The Movie

Holland might not be considered as a country with a great sense of humour but ever once in awhile even in Holland they crack a joke. So, bottom line; if you are here to find the Famous Fitna movie I guess you have been had !!!

On the other hand, if you are worried about how much unrest the rumour of a 15 minute movie about Islam can create, maybe it is time to identify and deal with the issues at hand.

When points of view are miles apart, the truth can usually be found near the middle.

Or is this for real???

JeepGirl on March 23, 2008 at 5:14 AM

Re Fitna UK site – a practical joke? The big question is is Wilders behind it? Is there no Fitna movie at all? If Wilders is behind it it is a masterstroke. The US provider suspended a site for a film that never existed and so the point is proven. The fear of Islam is now beyond reason.

schiehallion on March 23, 2008 at 5:32 AM

[JeepGirl on March 23, 2008 at 5:14 AM]

Looks like it. AP’s appears omniscient in his update.

Dusty on March 23, 2008 at 5:41 AM

fitnathemovie.com belongs to Geert Wilders
fitnathemovie.co.uk belongs to “Los Bol” (The Bull)

ajm on March 23, 2008 at 5:55 AM

Now the fake (Los Bol) site was apparently hacked; Says:

HACKED [FREEDOM ?]

I Love Mohammed (PBUH)

Is it a real hack because the hackers were too stupid to notice the site was fake, or was it a fake hack of a fake site in an attempt to seek more attention? My head hurts.

Aristotle on March 23, 2008 at 6:52 AM

Network Solutions is probably working with the State Department on this. Freedom of speech, but only for those who agree. Wilders will be refused a visa to visit the USA.

davod on March 23, 2008 at 7:55 AM

schiehallion on March 23, 2008 at 5:32 AM

I read somewhere last night that the uk site was a fake. That was before it showed as an April Fools’ joke, so someone had some inside info.

Connie on March 23, 2008 at 8:53 AM

The fear of Islam is now beyond reason.

schiehallion on March 23, 2008 at 5:32 AM

The fear of Islam? Or the Islamists’ fear that reason and modernity will destroy Islam?

Connie on March 23, 2008 at 8:57 AM

Here is a Whois report on the phony website:

Active Whois 2.6.4145
Sun, 23 March 2008 08:54:49 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Looking for ‘http://www.fitnathemovie.co.uk/’

http://www.fitnathemovie.co.uk [77.232.68.250] – host alive, connection speed 126ms

Domain owner:
Looking for ‘fitnathemovie.co.uk’
Domain zone ‘UK’ is for United Kingdom
URL for registration of domains: http://www.nic.uk/

Server ‘whois.nic.uk’ reply [1494 bytes in raw data]:

Domain name:
fitnathemovie.co.uk

Registrant:
Los Bol

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant’s address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrar:
GX Networks Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 05-Mar-2008
Renewal date: 05-Mar-2010
Last updated: 16-Mar-2008

Registration status:
Registration request being processed.

Name servers:
ns1.servage.net
ns2.servage.net
ns3.servage.net
ns4.servage.net

WHOIS lookup made at 12:54:44 23-Mar-2008

This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 – 2008.

IP address:

address: Neustadt 16
address: 24943 Flensburg
phone: +4946116098358
fax-no: +4946116098359
remarks: trouble: Information Contact [email protected]
remarks: trouble: Abuse Contact [email protected]
remarks: trouble: for more information http://www.servage.net
admin-c: sajb-ripe

ETag: “55d0027-c52-1ab62f80”
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 3154
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html

RedWinged Blackbird on March 23, 2008 at 9:12 AM

Hoovers is in Herndon, VA. Isn’t that part of the Wahhabi Corridor?

Connie on March 22, 2008 at 11:54 PM

Connie, thanks for giving me the opportunity to straighten out a route to possible misunderstanding. Hoover’s Inc. provides information on businesses; they’re based in Austin, Texas. I used their web site to get a little information on Network Solutions LLC, the hosting company for the web site announcing Fitna. However, it’s true that Network Solutions LLC is based in Herndon. I don’t know the larger implications of that circumstance, if any.

Kralizec on March 23, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Isn’t this April Fool’s joke a little early?

raiderdav on March 23, 2008 at 11:01 AM

I got suckered by the bogus site and had to strikeout in an article, hate it when that happens.

Tark on March 23, 2008 at 12:06 PM

Network Solutions used to be the only registrar, here’s the history from Wiki:

Network Solutions started as a technology consulting company in 1979,[1] with approximately 30 employees, and focused its efforts on applications development.

Network Solutions was acquired by Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) in 1995 and listed on NASDAQ in 1997.

John Dillon reports in MediaFilter.org, “Initially, the service was subsidized by the government. But, in May 1993, the National Science Foundation privatized the name registry (InterNIC – Internet Network Information Center) and paid NSI $5.9 million to administer it. In September 1995, NSI instituted the fee system. A few months earlier, it had been bought out by Science Applications International Corp (SAIC).”

In 2000, Network Solutions was acquired by VeriSign, Inc. for $21 billion.[1]

In 2003, Network Solutions was acquired by Pivotal Equity Group.[1] The current CEO is Champ Mitchell.[citation needed]

In 2008, Roy Dunbar was appointed as the new CEO.[2]

On February 6, 2007, Network Solutions announced that General Atlantic, a private equity firm, entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Network Solutions from Najafi Companies (formerly Pivotal Private Equity). [3] Although terms of the deal were not released, the Wall Street Journal reported in a story on May 30, 2007 that the price tag was “around $800 million.” [4]

In 2003 nearly 90% of the company’s revenue was from domain-name registrations, said Network Solutions Chief Executive Champ Mitchell. Since 2005, the company has added 69 services and products and today these new offerings are fueling Network Solutions’ growth. Now only 45% of the company’s revenue comes from domain-name registrations.[1]

At the end of July, 2007, Network Solutions had 6,659,150 domains under management and was in the top five wholesale domain registrars following Go Daddy with 19,709,215 domains and eNom with 7,646,676 domains. Tucows, the largest publicly traded registrar, has 6,622,982 domains under management with its recent acquisition of ItsYourDomain.com.[2] Melbourne IT, a publicly traded company located in Australia, trailed with 4,664,019 domains under management. [3]

Now there are multiple registrars using a shared DB to my understanding, it’s time to find another if you are using NS.

Tark on March 23, 2008 at 12:11 PM

“It should be fairly obvious by now that there is no “Fitna” movie. No movie to insult Islam or Muslims or anyone else for that matter. The month of April is upon us, we all know the month of April starts with the 1st April and that day is famous for (practical) jokes.

ps

Surely this site will soon be hacked and diverted to some muslim site, some people just don’t have a sense of humour.

Happy Easter !!!”