Video: Marine serenades the Dixie Chicks

posted at 9:30 am on March 20, 2008 by Allahpundit

Recognize the tune? Sure you do. Not sure why it took two years to crank this out but retro is the name of the game in the blogosphere today, so enjoy.

And yes, of course there’s a Toby Keith connection. Exit question: How soon before this guy turns up on Hannity & Colmes? Click the image to watch.

thibodeaux.jpg

Comments

Nice. It’ll get airplay in real America, where people still know right from wrong.
I love the last lines: “Forgive, No Chance. Forget, Not w/ my last breath.
Reminds me of this guy: http://conservativemusiconline.com/index.cfm

JoeAvg on March 20, 2008 at 9:44 AM

That is one of the most moving songs/videos that I have seen in a while. Thanks for posting.

Dr. Conservative on March 20, 2008 at 9:44 AM

I love his guitar strap. Semper Fi. Wonder how long before the Dixie Chickens sue him?

Go Thibadeaux!

Sue on March 20, 2008 at 9:45 AM

One of the most endearing qualities of our service men/women is their creativeness and good humor spiked with an upbeat love of country. They have that slightly cocky swagger of confidence that is so appealing. We are very lucky to have such people defending our way of life.

a capella on March 20, 2008 at 9:46 AM

Oops. I misspelled his name.

Go Thibodeaux!

Sue on March 20, 2008 at 9:47 AM

Absolutley FREAKING awesome!!!!

PROUD AS HELL BABY

SEMPER FI!!

elraphbo on March 20, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Ack!
Creativeness=creativity

a capella on March 20, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Dixie Chicks? Oh yeah, I think I remember.

Hummer53 on March 20, 2008 at 9:49 AM

Marine Cpl. David Thibodeaux has a myspace page as well with the song and more info. Here is the link:

Dr. Conservative on March 20, 2008 at 9:50 AM

Let’s try that again, with the link:

Dr. Conservative on March 20, 2008 at 9:52 AM

All that is nessesary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

He should make an Obama sequel with his quote:
Obama did nothing when he allowed racism to be taught to his kids.
Obama did nothing when he voted present.
Obama did nothing when he could have stood up to Saddam.
He did nothing when Rezco helped him with his mansion.

faraway on March 20, 2008 at 9:54 AM

Outstanding.

Semper Fi Marine.

infidel4life on March 20, 2008 at 9:55 AM

Happy face here! I was worried I was gonna have to break out another box of Kleenex.

One question tho, who are the Dixie Chicks ;)

God Bless our troops!

dish on March 20, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Interesting footage.

1983 1996 1993 1995 1997 1998 1998 2000

I wonder what percentage of HotAir objected to “we’re a humble nation” and “no nation building”, and “the world has changed on 9/11″.

freevillage on March 20, 2008 at 10:01 AM

I just added his song to my MySpace page. Nicely done.

JetBoy on March 20, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Wow. Just wow.

I hope Natalie Maines chokes every time she hears that song.

Kowboy on March 20, 2008 at 10:05 AM

I bet the ditzie chick’s record company still winces every time he hears the name Natale Maines. It still amazes me at how stupid that butterball is. They were knocking down big-big money until she pissed it all away. Her and Rosie would make a good sequel to “Dumb and Dumber”.

saiga on March 20, 2008 at 10:10 AM

I love the fact this guy answered Natalie Maines and The Dixie Chicks on their own musical turf. I would love to see the look on Maines face while she was listening to this.

pilamaye on March 20, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Not a fan of C&W, was moved by this one though. Semper Fi Marine, stay the course.

pueblo1032 on March 20, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Great Video. Check out the “Most Popular” video where a solider has a live RPG round removed from his abdomen.

Tyrs Fury on March 20, 2008 at 10:16 AM

As a former Marine and conservative I couldn’t finish it, the man may be a great American but he can’t sing. Also seems a little late to be pandering and pulling on 9-11 heartstrings.
Go ahead and bash away at me.

Kahuna on March 20, 2008 at 10:25 AM

Go ahead and bash away at me.

Kahuna on March 20, 2008 at 10:25 AM

Yea, I gave him a pass. I do get a kick out of being reminded what a stupid dumb ass Natale Maines is. Imagine the look on their record producers face when he heard her comment. Priceless.

saiga on March 20, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Very good production values, both with the music and the video.
Lyrics solid and moving.
Vocals are OK. A little weak but the message carries it through.
I’m sure the Chix will have something to say unless it falls under your “fair use” thingie.

God bless US troops.
God bless Canadian troops. (mine…yay!)
God bless Australian troops.
God bless British troops.

Fight the good fight.
With honour and character.
Something the left, and some on the right, forgot about.

MT
A Canuck.

Mistahtibbs on March 20, 2008 at 10:35 AM

For a metal head this is very good, pitty most won’ hear it.t

Bob the RhinoKeeper on March 20, 2008 at 10:42 AM

From the good Corporal here to the black Marine’s spoken-word performance that was so popular on Youtube a while back, Americans have a full range of expressing their patriotism and honor. There is truly room for all here.

Hannibal Smith on March 20, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Semper Fi! Awesome!

Cowboy is a compliment on March 20, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Go ahead and bash away at me.

Kahuna on March 20, 2008 at 10:25 AM

Ha ha.
As a former Marine and ultra conservative and Texan I couldn’t finish it because Country music grates on my last frickin’ nerve.

TheSitRep on March 20, 2008 at 11:03 AM

Lebanon managed to cobble a true democracy together after Ronnie pulled the Marines out in 1984.

A little artistic license from the song “borrower?”

alphie on March 20, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Wow! That gave me chills! Thanks Allah for sharing.

4shoes on March 20, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Semper Fi

bnelson44 on March 20, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Sue on March 20, 2008 at 9:45 AM

I think parodies fall under fair use.

Darth Executor on March 20, 2008 at 11:12 AM

JoeAvg on March 20, 2008 at 9:44 AM

There is also this guy

If only I liked country music.

F15Mech on March 20, 2008 at 11:32 AM

WoW! Ok, I’m crying here. Will he marry my daughter?

moonsbreath on March 20, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Go ahead and bash away at me.

Kahuna on March 20, 2008 at 10:25 AM

Once a Marine always a Marine. Besides, you sound like a partisan democrat who would rather nit-pick and dismiss people who mention or speak of 9-11. Then again you are a former conservative, too. (heh)

geckomon on March 20, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Kahuna, no bashing from me.

As a singer, I had no problem with his singing. He might not be professionally trained, but his song came from his heart.

And he isn’t pulling on 9/11 heartstrings. The song is in response to the DC’s Not Ready To Play Nice, released May, 2006. I can’t find a release date for his version, but it had to be before Jan 2008, because that’s when his website was revamped, as far as I can tell. He is also saying, he isn’t ready to stop fighting for freedom in Iraq.

chrisknits on March 20, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Right on.

If he gets just a little tutoring with his breathing, that guy will be a good singer. On key, good pitch and a great message.

Hening on March 20, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Wonder how long before the Dixie Chickens sue him?

Sue on March 20, 2008 at 9:45 AM

My thoughts exactly! I’ll be happy to send him a few bucks for defense fund if they do!!!

Vntnrse on March 20, 2008 at 12:25 PM

I didn’t recognize the song, but this was good. A bit more practice with the voice and he’d be gold–if you like country music.

hee hee

Bob's Kid on March 20, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Love that

Viper1 on March 20, 2008 at 12:33 PM

record company still winces every time he hears the name Natale Maines

Sorry – but if someone sells tens of millions of albums, you’ll tend not to wince at her name.

I wonder what the legal status of this is, though. Parodies are allowed under fair use, but does this satisfy the Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music definition of parody? In any event, record companies aren’t known to let fair use laws bother them. I guess we’ll see whether there’s a lawsuit to try and take this down or not.

calbear on March 20, 2008 at 12:54 PM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

jimbo2008 on March 20, 2008 at 1:22 PM

You watch that and don’t get chills, and have a dry eye, you have no heart. Awesome.

bikermailman on March 20, 2008 at 1:39 PM

WONDERFUL!!!

Aggie85 on March 20, 2008 at 2:01 PM

The Dixie Chicks are a pack of un-American, spoiled richies that are incapable of seeing reason. They live for the things that motivate the left: success at the cost of others (making money, while all of lesser economic status fall into socialism), ad-hominem attacks (which they call being patriotic and questioning authority) and lies (saying wrong is right, good is evil). Nothing will make those females see that the right thing was done. The liberal idea of supporting the troops is to say “we back you in your hopeless, illegal endeavor that you have no chance of winning, and routinely commit atrocities during the course of”. They’ll probably profanely scoff at this Marine, and even deride his efforts in another of their pathetic songs.

Virus-X on March 20, 2008 at 2:04 PM

This just further solidifies the imense RESPECT, APPRECIATION, GRATITUDE, ADMIRATION, and down right PRIDE that I have for our brave men & woman who have VOLUNTEERINGLY put themselves in harms way in fighting this war to preserve our greatest gift of freedom!!

May God truly watch over them and bring them SAFELY home to their families SOON!!

Thanks Allah for a great post.

gboy63 on March 20, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Thank you!

LCL4 on March 20, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Excellent job Marine. Keep up the good service. Feel free to keep taking names on both fronts: the Culture War and the War on Terror. Good job Marine and Thank You!

Cold Steel on March 20, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Cool. Like the hack on Natalie Maynes (Mains?). Semper Fi

Hog Wild on March 20, 2008 at 8:09 PM

“In your bed you sound like a baby, so full of regret as your lying there praying, It’s a sad sad story that her mother didn’t teach her, taught her to respect the ones who protect her. Now you know that the words that you say can send so many over the edge, your heart’s still up with anger as you lie there dreaming of a way to make it better.”

My sentiments exactly!!