Video: Confrontation of the day

posted at 10:47 pm on March 19, 2008 by Allahpundit

A moment of healing from the Take Back America conference, preserved for posterity by FNC cameras. Jesse Jackson steps in at the end but I’m not sure why. After all, “the anger is real”; and if we’ve learned one thing from our new moral leader, it’s that the thing to do when that anger bubbles over — be it in the form of celebrating 9/11, god-damning America, or in more mundane ways, like this — is … absolutely nothing. For 20 years, if need be.

But a good question is asked here. What about George Bush and Bob Jones University? When’s the media going to lift its total-radio-silence embargo on that?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

For Reverend’s to have have pent up anger like this with no forgiveness in sight, I don’t even understand it?

Chakra Hammer on March 20, 2008 at 4:32 AM

There are two contributing factors here.

1) We are in an age of false prophets. 75% of these Reverends aren’t fit to lead prayer before supper let alone stand in a pulpit.

2) For the remaining 25% you have to understand that it’s hard to forgive while you’re being tortured. Some of them look around their community and still see the face of racially motivated injustice.

I would point those in the second group to “forgive them Father for they know not what they do,” to help get them on the path towards forgiveness.

12thman on March 20, 2008 at 7:07 AM

Oh shoot! I think I think I quoted the comment you deleted! :{

Chakra Hammer on March 19, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Heh. Guilt by association?

Jaibones on March 20, 2008 at 7:09 AM

A reporter or investigator should ask a subject, “Can I ask you a question?” or “May I interview you?”

If the Sublect is a private citizen they can decide yes or no.

If the guy say “no” then bug off!

End of story.
The rude ass in your face dork with glasses was just as out of line as the other guy.

TheSitRep on March 20, 2008 at 7:12 AM

is reminds me of something………… Assault/Battery

This is clearcut. You can shout at someone, and you if you’re a psyco, you can even do it 8″ away from his face.

But once he tries to get away from you, and you MOVE TO BLOCK HIS PATH, that crosses the line between being a jerk and being an assailant.

logis on March 20, 2008 at 7:24 AM

I did a little cleaning up around here this morning. My apologies for the offensive comments that remained on the thread overnight.

Anyone who wants to get banned — the quickest way to achieve that is (a) posting offensive material, and (b) daring us to do it.

Ed Morrissey on March 20, 2008 at 7:33 AM

I know the nerd is used to annoy…but FOX should have their reporters at least 6’2″ 225lbs or look like Rebecca Gomez. I think they’ll need it this election cycle.

LtE126 on March 20, 2008 at 7:35 AM

First, for the record:

Note from Hot Air management: This section is for comments from Hot Air’s community of registered readers. Please don’t assume that Hot Air management agrees with or otherwise endorses any particular comment just because we let it stand. A reminder: Anyone who fails to comply with our terms of use may lose their posting privilege.

Bummer there’s not an ignore function on the site…Wayward would be the inaugural member.

JohnTant on March 20, 2008 at 7:36 AM

The Bob Jones thing was covered back in the 2000 election quite a bit. Ad I recall Jones went on Larry King and repelled the rule in question. Positive change was brought about in 1971 and 2000 at BJU. Why not celebrate the victory??

For the record, that was 8 years ago and George isn’t running this time.

The news this election shouldn’t be about George, but about Clinton, Obama, and McCain.

Talking about Bush and the 2000 election is as helpful and bring up things that happened when Chester Arthur, Grover Cleveland, William Taft or any one else from the past ran for the president.

Our local chapter of the NAACP recently ran a commercial to celebrate MLK day. It was really well done and I wish we heard more of this type of thing. The voice over was done by a young black boy. He says, “I have never had to stand a the back of the bus, not be allowed in a restaurant, had to attend a different school, one day I will vote–it continues along those lines and he says something to the effect that his life is better because of the sacrifice of his grandparents, the dream of MLK, and all those who followed that dream and that we need to keep the dream alive. It was a very positive and uplifting commercial that celebrated the victories and was filled with hope and optimism.

USBB on March 20, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Everyone is Racist.

It is our bigotry that comes in degrees from near zero to the off the chart ‘Rev Wright/Al Sharpton/Dave Duke’ levels.

Steven Pinker puts it mildly, “We tend to favor family first”

One of the things sports provides us is a non-lethal race war or tribal conflict.

If you have ever been to a high school PEP rally then you have seen the tribal war lust that comes from mankind’s innate disdain for other tribes.

TheSitRep on March 20, 2008 at 7:48 AM

USBB on March 20, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Serious question: Would you condemn the creators of that commercial if you discovered the pastor at their church hag a more… antagonistic message?

Or would you consider their approach a breath of resh air and continue to applaud the effort?

12thman on March 20, 2008 at 7:49 AM

I would like to see a black candidate, a lot more conservative than Obama, because it would be proof that white America is willing to vote for black Americans.

Anyone who thinks America is racist now isn’t going to accept any proof to the contrary especially not if its a conservative black president.

aengus on March 20, 2008 at 7:55 AM

Fox needs to start sending anti-goon security with its ground crews. This clown was clearly a set-up and asking for trouble. Fox has become a target for the extreme left wing, and they should be providing escorts to deal with thugs like this one.

Hening on March 20, 2008 at 7:57 AM

Everyone is Racist.
TheSitRep on March 20, 2008 at 7:48 AM

That’s nonsense. Do you have children? People are taught racism. Much like taking your daughters to sit in church every Sunday and have some racist nut spout hatred against whites.

Hening on March 20, 2008 at 8:00 AM

What does Jesse say at the end there? It sounds like “my man, my man my…” and then what’s that word he used?

KMC1 on March 19, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Yep… you heard right.

Nineball on March 20, 2008 at 8:18 AM

This clown was clearly a set-up and asking for trouble.
Hening on March 20, 2008 at 7:57 AM

From the ending of the clip, it’s obvious the thug was working under the direction of Jessie Jackson.

What’s weird is that this kind of thing is only supposed to happen when no one else’s cameras are around. For this kind of assault to happen while a Fox crew was rolling is major screw up.

logis on March 20, 2008 at 8:22 AM

OK,I attended Bob Jones in the early 70′s and things didn’t change much while I was there. Any black students were day students that lived in town or the area, however, never and let me repeat this, never was anything said from the pulpit, in the classroom or in any public meeting that had any racial overtones. They were too busy trying to ferret out people who didn’t agree with them on religion. There were people on campus who did have racial problems, but they were students and never was anything said that could be perceived as a racial slur. That being said, they were total morons too!

flytier on March 20, 2008 at 8:31 AM

12thman on March 20, 2008 at 7:49 AM

If someone makes a positive change, I am going to keep encouraging them to continue in that direction. I am not going to say you were wrong once and therefore no matter what you do from this point matters–you will always be condemned no matter how much you change or repent of you past. We shouldn’t hold people prisoner to the past when they are making an honest effort to change.

USBB on March 20, 2008 at 8:46 AM

the white guy was wrong. the black guy was just angry due to slavery and things in the past. therefore vote for democrats

custer on March 20, 2008 at 8:50 AM

Non-issue and only mildly entertaining. Having said that, the Bob Jones issue will be used by many to make a moral equivalent arguement. Doesn’t hold water but it might be useful at the margins to hold a couple % of the electrorate.

moxie_neanderthal on March 20, 2008 at 8:55 AM

Did Jesse drop the N bomb?

Is that another perk you get when you’re an angry, resentful black man?

Alden Pyle on March 20, 2008 at 8:59 AM

Hening on March 20, 2008 at 8:00 AM

Totally agree. Both my married children live in the same town. One set of grandchildren attends an upscale, yuppiecentric school, and the other set attend a very mixed ethnicity school close to the university. The upscale set have a bit of a snobbery, parochial attitude, not racist, but not particularly welcoming to “outsiders”. The other set don’t even realize their classmates look different than themselves; they accept the mix as normal. Racism is a taught behavior, however I notice even with the casual acceptance of other races as normal in the multiethnic school, the kids’ best friends and buddies still tend to be of the same race, so tribalism based on culture exists in all the races, but isn’t pathological unless kids are trained to make it so.

a capella on March 20, 2008 at 9:06 AM

Here is clearly thuggery in a public place with many witnesses, including the press. Did that inhibit in any way this threatening “man?” So why shouldn’t Obama’s grandma fear walking down the street?

Mr. “don’t touch me” is a prime example of a man who has been under the tutelage of the Dr. Jeremiah Wrights of the black community and the inevitable product outcome.

So suck it up Mr. Fox producer and understand where he’s coming from!/s

wepeople on March 20, 2008 at 9:33 AM

It’s just another word that people use to insult and characterize.

No, it’s not. Just because rap music has “mainstreamed” it’s use, it hasn’t lost that effect it has on black people who had to fight for equal rights. You may not like a lot of things that are done in the name of the civil rights movement (affirmative action, anything that comes out of Al Sharpton’s mouth, etc…) and neither do I, but that doesn’t mean that we should forget about the basic rights that people had to fight for just a few short decades ago. There is just simply no reason to use that word in any situation.

malan89 on March 20, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Well said.

I did a little cleaning up around here this morning.

Thank you, Ed.

bamapachyderm on March 20, 2008 at 9:45 AM

0:48-0:49….did I hear that right? I saw some other comments claiming that they heard Jesse Jackson say what he said. And I think he said it. That is crazy. And pretty ironic considering stuff like this. I guess if you say it with an “a” instead of an “er”, it’s all good in Jesse’s book.

malan89 on March 20, 2008 at 9:46 AM

LtE126 on March 20, 2008 at 6:52 AM

You have GOT to be kidding?!?! This was sarcasm, right? If it was, it is still inappropriate.

Terri on March 20, 2008 at 9:59 AM

That jerk needs his jaw broken.

infidel4life on March 20, 2008 at 10:00 AM

Did Jesse drop the N bomb?

Is that another perk you get when you’re an angry, resentful black man?

Alden Pyle on March 20, 2008 at 8:59 AM

No, he didn’t. He stepped in and defused a confrontation. I am his biggest critic, but let’s not make up things. He did the right thing, the right way.

Jaibones on March 20, 2008 at 10:29 AM

I sure wish that guy had seen Gatewaypundits blog I point anyone to it that asks why the media is making such a big deal out of it. then ask them to show me one MSM news story that condems Obama for associating with Wright. Been doing this since this great report was posted and havent had any takers. Im sure they just dont want to make me feel stupid, that must be the reason.

CaptainObvious on March 20, 2008 at 10:41 AM

it that asks why the media is making such a big deal out of it.

“it” being the whole obama/wright story

CaptainObvious on March 20, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Hening on March 20, 2008 at 8:00 AM

No it is not nonsense.
I can prove you are a racist by asking you one question.

Q: You are at a dog track and have to bet your life savings on one of two dogs. One is a grey hound the other is a miniature Chihuahua. Which do you bet on?

If you pick the Greyhound then you are obviously a racist because you are able to discern or discriminate between the to races (or breeds) of dogs and make a decision base on the superiority of one over the other.

There are many other decision people of all races make on a daily bases that are similar.
For example:
Where you buy your house
where you park your car
where you open a business.
who you prefer you child to marry
where you go to school
who you let into your school
who you hire
who you date
etc,

It would be nice to think that we are all blank slates but it is not true. That has been the teaching of the commie leftist professors for decades. Thank god for real scientist like Dr Steve Pinker whom has conducted many experiments which disprove the blank slate theory.

TheSitRep on March 20, 2008 at 10:47 AM

“I feel bad for the little white nerd with the glasses. African Americans are so big and terrifying…I know I shake in my boots every time I see one

LtE126 on March 20, 2008 at 6:52 AM

Terri on March 20, 2008 at 9:59 AM”

Yes Terri..it was. Look a couple of comments down, I would volunteer to be that 6’2″ 245 pounder.

LtE126 on March 20, 2008 at 10:54 AM

That’s nonsense.
Do you have children?
Hening on March 20, 2008 at 8:00 AM

Oh as for that. Yes I do, in fact I have two, an 18 year old girl “Sunni Kay” and a 13 year old boy “Race”.
You may find it interesting to know that they are a mixture of Caucasoid , Negroid and Mongoloid.

TheSitRep on March 20, 2008 at 10:56 AM

So if I see two different dogs with greatly varied physical characteristics (“breeds”), that excuses stereotyping based merely on skin color?

I prefer to instead make value judgements concerning someone’s logic skills based on that persons posts. It’s a little more indicative than skin color. :)

JohnTant on March 20, 2008 at 11:57 AM

I can’t wait till those space aliens Kuchinich told us about attack the earth and we all become humans.

Kini on March 20, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Jesse Jackson and his entourage – or in the vernacular – his “posse” are nothing but a bunch of race-baiting, poverty-pimping thugs. This video plainly shows that. The Jackson cronie wasn’t intelligent enough to realize that the same Foxnews guy he was harrassing had a camera crew getting evey minute of his assault.

jimbo2008 on March 20, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Jaibones on March 20, 2008 at 10:29 AM

Actually, Yes, he did. Listen to the tape, it’s clear that he Jesse used that word. I’m not saying he didn’t help defuse the situation, but it’s clear what he said if you listen.

Nineball on March 20, 2008 at 1:43 PM

Let’s cut to the chase: The Left is populated by thugs. Fox News and bloggers and anyone with a camera needs to go out there and challenge them on their nonsense and capture the violent reaction. Trust me, you’ll get one. By publishing it, we will show that the radicals who oppose us are the true fascists.

Good on you, Fox News. Keep the pressure on and the cameras rolling. There are a lot more lefty pinheads out there who should earn their fifteen minutes of fame.

Tantor on March 20, 2008 at 2:39 PM