The Ed Morrissey Show: canceled

posted at 1:10 pm on March 18, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Today’s Ed Morrissey Show has been canceled. I’m fighting a bit of a bug, so I’m going to get some rest and concentrate on writing today. If you’d like to listen to yesterday’s show with Kevin McCullough and William Polley, be sure to use the player below. Otherwise, you can listen to previous shows through the iTunes account, or the RSS feed for the show.

I’ll be back tomorrow with Jim Geraghty, so be sure to tune in then!

Comments

Hope you get to feeling better soon. The bug is everywhere, I have it too.
L

letget on March 18, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Feel better!

mymanpotsandpans on March 18, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I only have my seasonal (meaning 12 months of the year) allergies acting up. I feel your pain too!

lorien1973 on March 18, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Get Better, Captain!

Vanceone on March 18, 2008 at 1:19 PM

What, AP won’t guest host?

Dusty on March 18, 2008 at 1:19 PM

The Ed Morrissey Show: canceled

Oh the drama, I think I can survive one day. Get well.

infidel on March 18, 2008 at 1:20 PM

I hope it’s only a bug and not the flu – my family and I were flat on our backs for about a week apiece with the flu. If someone had tried to commit armed robbery against me, I would have begged them to shoot me and take what they wanted.

Speedy recovery!

Mommynator on March 18, 2008 at 1:20 PM

That’s what I get for wanting to hurry … Hope you are feeling better tomorrow, Ed.

Dusty on March 18, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Hope you get better soon! I think everyone has the bug.

NeoconNews.com on March 18, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Rest well Ed.

carbon_footprint on March 18, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Get some R & R, come back strong tomorrow~!

localmalcontent on March 18, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Let’s face it, there’s no bug.

He watched the speech, was suddenly infected with Obamitis and is too verklempt to speak intelligently.

The world is saved, the radio show will be back tomorrow.

Darksean on March 18, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Hope you feel better soon, Ed.

RushBaby on March 18, 2008 at 2:17 PM

Muahahahahahaha …

doufree on March 18, 2008 at 3:12 PM

Hey Captain, breath some of that salt sea air and GWS.

While browsing the economy, on FNS Chris Wallace was interviewing our Secretary of the Treasury whose jaw hung open except when talking. I’ve never seen any “successful” interviewee who looked so dumb while listening with their jaw hanging open, gaping open, gawking open. He gave “it’s the economy, stupid” new meaning.

maverick muse on March 18, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Poor Ed….rest up and get well soon.

LL

Lady Logician on March 18, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Darksean on March 18, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Just in from Atlanta,the CDC has confirmed that Obamitis can cause permanent brain damage.

dmann on March 18, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Captain, the Dalai Lama is threatening to quit his political post as head of exiled Tibet if folks don’t calm down and quit rioting.

The Dalai Lama has led the most cushy life of any Tibetan, removed from violence and protected from violence and lauded wherever he goes for eschewing violence. That is all wonderful for him.

Bear in mind that in 1959 he left his people who have persistently suffered “cultural” extinction via the Chinese Communist genocide of Buddhism and Tibetans. How terribly convenient for the Dhali Lama to take the constant high road condemning families whose members have been murdered by the Chinese from protesting. His words are overwhelmingly clear, “What’s the use?” Well, it’s one thing to invite all to live with him in happiness and another to condemn them to hell on earth. WWBD? Why did the Dalai Lama’s temple guards learn, know and use martial arts if not to defend what is good in life?

The Dalai Lama also called on Tibetan exiles beginning a six-month march from India to Lhasa to stop their march at the border. “Will you get independence? What’s the use?” he said.

The recent protests in the Tibetan capital Lhasa, led by monks, began peacefully March 10 on the anniversary of a failed 1959 uprising against Chinese rule. But they grew increasingly violent, culminating Friday with widespread street violence. Chinese officials say 16 people were killed, but the Tibetan government-in-exile put the toll at 80.

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said, “There is ample fact – and we also have plenty of evidence – proving that this incident was organized, premeditated, masterminded and incited by the Dalai clique.” Wen gave no details.
China’s deadline for protesters to turn themselves in or face severe punishment was Monday at midnight. Hours after that deadline passed, the U.S. government-funded Radio Free Asia on Tuesday quoted an unnamed witness as saying that authorities in Lhasa had begun arresting hundreds of people.

“Dalai Lama to Resign if Violence Worsens”, MY WAY NEWS, by GAVIN RABINOWITZ and Associated Press writer Audra Ang contributed, reporting from Beijing. March 18, 2008

Politicians (including theologians) have instigated weather-ecology earth worship hype in order to avoid dealing with governments and horrendous human suffering for which they hold responsibility themselves.

Yes, the world voted for China to host the apolitical finest celebration of human sport.

Meanwhile, the Dalai Lama won’t wear his country’s mantle if his people won’t suffer in silence while he trapses around the world as a huge celebrity enjoying peace or excitement according to his whim. Everyone loves him, and he loves everyone. Hm.

It was harder being Jesus.

maverick muse on March 18, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Feel better, Ed. Lots of rest and fluids (but not the green beer from yesterday…)

re the Ed Morrissey Show: I like it, but could you see about tweaking the audio levels? the guests are usually much quieter than your voice, which makes it hard to get a volume that lets me hear the guest without bludgeoning my eardrums.

Great content, but the audio needs work.

Thanks!

sulla on March 18, 2008 at 6:38 PM

Dang, I’ve become a regular listener and was looking forward to today’s show while I killed some time on Wow.

Feel better Ed.

Canadian Infidel on March 18, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Dude put on a hat, and get a new picture. You look like you just emerged from your mom’s basement at 30 something.

and i know your like married with kids.

What is that on your head, and the mic.

what is up, dude.