Video: Jeremiah Wright and “God damn America”

posted at 4:13 pm on March 13, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

The ABC News report to which AP linked earlier talked about it, but watching it makes it come a little closer to home. Eyeblast picks up the ABC report on this and merges it with a portion of Wright’s speech from the video we posted yesterday:

If Hillary Clinton had to repudiate Geraldine Ferraro for her clumsy and foolish identity-politics rhetoric, then Obama surely has to provide a better response to Wright than comparing him to a crazy uncle in the attic. Wright has a largely ceremonial position in the Obama campaign, but an obvious influence on Obama, as he named his book after a theme from Wright’s sermon.

Also, does it surprise anyone that these sermons have just now begun surfacing? It looks like someone finally began doing some research into Reverend Wright I wonder who that could be?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Hell, who needs a madrassa?? Just go to church with the “Rev.” and you get all the Jihadi messages you want to hear. If this is Christian, I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN!!!

jimbo2008 on March 14, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Well, I guess that explains the “hand over the heart” omission, doesn’t it?

OldEnglish on March 14, 2008 at 7:52 AM

Well, I guess that explains the “hand over the heart” omission, doesn’t it?

OldEnglish on March 14, 2008 at 7:52 AM

It explains alot of things: Barry Hussein and Michele’s lack of patriotism and pure dislike of America.I think the “CHANGE” Obama wants to bring to America is a new racial order where “whitey” finally knows his place and get what’s comin’ to him.

jimbo2008 on March 14, 2008 at 8:11 AM

jimbo2008 on March 14, 2008 at 8:11 AM

Via him and who’s army?

OldEnglish on March 14, 2008 at 8:28 AM

If this is Christian, I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN!!!

Neither am I, Jimbo and I’m a licensed Baptist minister.

abcurtis on March 14, 2008 at 9:25 AM

is this a church service or a political convention? I hope they pull their tax exempt status.

MannyT-vA on March 14, 2008 at 9:45 AM

Wright has never been called n****r, either. That’s because he’s not black.

I really would like to hear from the rich, white people who are oppressing poor, black people in this country.

fourstringfuror on March 14, 2008 at 10:34 AM

baldilocks on March 13, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Gotcha.

BTW, there’s nothing African about that church; Africa is too diverse to be use as a label for something so specialized. It has a quality that many people describe a faux-African. There are no “roots” to be discovered there.

baldilocks on March 13, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Of course not, it’s fake, revisionist history, and it would be akin to saying that people from the continent of Asia are from one “mother continent“.

BTW, When I refer to Obama making his “heritage” an issue, I’m not only talking about his church. I’m referring to the bio he has written for us.

Buy Danish on March 14, 2008 at 10:51 AM

fourstringfuror on March 14, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Oppressing is a full time job, and I’ve never had the time or inclination, but then I’m not rich. Maybe after retirement I could take it up,..you know,..like a hobby or suthin’. I’m beginning to think I haven’t been carrying my full share of all the oppressing which needs to be done to fulfill my role, even as a middle income type.

a capella on March 14, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Obama is not some poor man – this is a load of B/S from Wright.

He, like his wife, had a comfortable middle class upbringing, and is now a multi-millionaire. How stupid to people have to be to believe this demagogue?

Pax americana on March 14, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Pax americana on March 14, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Hitting the proverbial nail on the head….

Besides, how exactly is it America’s fault that Obama’s KENYAN father left Obama’s AMERICAN mother to raise a child alone?

Hog Wild on March 14, 2008 at 10:51 PM